Sample teams for starting Doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
BLOOD TOTEM i dont know whether 252+ attack does anything for your ferrothorn but i would change the spread to 252 HP/176 Atk/84 Def with a brave nature. this gives you enough power to always ohko 252/0 rotom-w with power whip and also lets you take physical hits like terrakion's close combat better.

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
yah I actually did that on my team after I wrote up my Ferrothorn analysis and came up with that same spread, I'll change it at some point. If you want to edit it to that in the importable in the thread that's cool too

By popular request, here is the best ladder team ever created:

Mega Kangaskhan Version:

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 148 SDef / 108 Spd / 252 HP
Calm Nature
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psychic

Salamence @ Draco Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Tailwind

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Heatran @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Ancient Power
- Heat Wave

Hitmontop (M) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 124 HP / 132 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Wide Guard
- Feint
- Fake Out

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Non-Mega Kangaskhan Version:

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 148 SDef / 108 Spd / 252 HP
Calm Nature
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Helping Hand

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Protect

Weavile (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Heatran @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Ancient Power
- Heat Wave

EVs: 252 Atk / 124 HP / 132 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Wide Guard
- Feint
- Fake Out

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Both of these teams are built upon one basic premise: slaughter the opposition with Hyper Voice from Choice Specs Sylveon. The first team provides Fake Out support for Sylveon in the form of Mega Kangaskhan and Hitmontop, making it very easy for Sylveon to decimate the opposition. I chose to run Max Speed on Sylveon to outrun as many threats as possible, so it would be easier to only need to Fake Out one target. Heatran can also be a beneficiary of this Fake Out support and can truly deal damage to the opposition. I ran AncientPower on Heatran in order to defeat annoying Pokemon such as Talonflame, which would otherwise be a larger problem for this team. Salamence provides Tailwind support, which can also help Sylveon and Heatran. Finally, Jirachi rounds out the team by providing bulk in addition to Follow Me support, which can really help Heatran as well as Sylveon; Icy Wind can also be a nice move to support the team as well. Other than Sylveon, Hitmontop is probably the most important part of this team, as it can provide a lot of support in the form of Fake Out, Wide Guard, and Intimidate, as well as the occasional Feint if necessary. Salamence is the most replaceable team member in this version, so if you want to change something, change that. Always lead with Mega Kangaskhan and Sylveon.

Team two basically fits this same premise. Weavile replaces Mega Kangaskhan as a Fake Out user, and its Dark-typing allows it to wreak havoc on opposing Ghost-types with Knock Off, a type which could cause the Mega Kangaskhan version many issues. Ice Shard and Low Kick allow it to become a more potent threat, while Focus Sash ensures that it will usually survive for 2 turns at the least. Since Kangaskhan was replace, I added Gyarados as a Mega, which works perfectly in this team. Gyarados provides Intimidate support and much-needed resistances, as Salamence did, and truly benefits from the Follow Me and Fake Out support on this team, being capable of becoming a major threat thanks to Dragon Dance. Other than that, the team plays essentially the same as the other version. I'd say that the second team is an overall more solid team than the first version, although the first team will probably work more effectively on the ladder. Always lead with Weavile and Sylveon.

Do multiple games at a time with this if you want to; the team genuinely does not require much thought process on the ladder unless you are playing an experienced Doubles user, so it can easily allow you to acquire voting requirements in an hour or less. Many people have achieved this, not just me. Also, feel free to change the EVs. I just copied them from BW analyses since I don't play Doubles. Thanks!

Last edited:
Ok told to post my team here by KyleCole. Just a note, most of this is just C/P'd from my RMT, which you can find here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-terror-of-charizard-y-a-600th-post-rmt.3508058/

The focal point of this team, Mega Charizard Y is an absolute monster when used correctly. Heat Wave is SUCH a powerful spread move coming off 165 SpA + Sun, and demolishes even Pokemon who resit the move. Solarbeam is there for those annoying bulk Water- and Rock-types, while Protect is there to allow me to safely Mega Evolve as well as for all the other standard reasons. The main reason Hidden Power Ground is used in the last spot is because looking at this team, you'll notice it fucking hate Heatran, especially once it's been able to set up a Substitute. This makes Hidden Power Ground super helpful for being able to stop it before it can set up on me. Overall, a really powerful Pokemon that puts a ton of pressure on the opponent.

Since I was trying to use Sun to its fullest potential, Venusaur was obviously something I wanted to use. Its dual STABs are really great, as they are both really powerful and can hit the opponent for really good damage. Sleep Powder is the main reason to use Venusaur IMO, since with no Sleep Clause, it totally pressures the opponent to try to take out Venusaur ASAP. Protect is there for the the obvious scouting reasons, drawing in attacks, etc, with Life Orb for power. Another thing I love about Venusaur is how great of an asset it is against both Rain and Trick Room, being able to fire off powerful STAB attacks against Rain while being able to use Sleep Powder to stop Trick Room in its tracks. Overall, a really helpful Pokemon. Changed the EV spread for some added bulk, since max Speed isn't really necessary a lot of the time.

Landorus-T has pulled his weight since Day 1, and is easily one of the better members of the team. I mean, an amazing defensive typing combined with Intimidate makes this thing such a great stop to the opposing team's physical attackers its not even funny. Another nice thing is that it's actually got a great attack stat, meaning it isn't a sitting duck like some OTHER Intimidate users... *cough* Hitmontop *cough.* I've recently switched to a Choice Scarf variant on Landorus. While this does weaken me somewhat to Ice Beam Genesect, Weavile, and Mamoswine, the extra Speed a Choice Scarf brings is just so extremely helpful it's not even funny. It means I now don't have to rely on Icy Wind as much in order to outspeed really scary threats, and it still gives me the great utility Landorus has always brought.

Hitmontop is SUCH an great support mon oml. Fake Out is really helpful for allowing Charizard Y, Venusaur, or Thundurus to get off an attack, while Intimidate gives me a super helpful double Intimidate core that's super helpful against all the common physical attackers in the metagame right now. Wide Guard it such an awesome move, and is great for stopping annoying-ass spread moves such as opposing Zard Y Heat Wave and Scarf Lando-T Rock Slide. Sucker Punch is used in place of Feint because A. Feint is weak, B. Because Ghost- and Psychic-types (most notably Latios) are annoying as hell for this team and C. Aegislash walls the shit out of this team if they manage to take down Zard Y and Lando-T so I need to be able to hit it somehow.

Life Orb Thundurus is, hands down, my favorite member of this team. Firstly, this thing is such a fucking powerhouse, being able to take down the likes of Charizard Y and Salamence swiftly and easily with with its pseudo-BoltBeam combo. His support movepool, however, in combination with Prankster is what really makes him so good. Thunder Wave is such a based move for stopping opposing weather sweepers, while Taunt is so helpful for stopping Trick Room (not to mention all the shitty gimmicks people like to run.) This thing also has a surprisingly helpful defensive typing that allows it to switch in with relative ease.

Ahh, the "Chansey of Doubles" as I like to call her. Cresselia is one of those Pokemon that just won't die, no matter how much you throw at it. This thing was originally added because I was having trouble with opposing weather, so I decided to add a Sunny Day variant. Sunny Day is used, ofc, to stop opposing weather, but can also be used to help Venusaur if Charzard Y is dead, or even Charizard Y himself if his sun has ran out. Icy Wind is fucking crucial to this team, as it's really important for slowing down a lot of the faster threats that get to this team (most notably opposing weather sweepers, such as Kingdra and Venusaur). This is also why Safety Goggles are used, as they make sure Cresselia can get off an Icy Wind even in the face of Sleep Powder Venusaur. Psyshock is there for Poison-types such as Amoonguss who can give this team trouble with the correct support. Helping Hand powers up shit like Heat Wave to crazy levels, and makes it so almost nothing is not 2HKO'd by Heat Wave in Sun, even resistances. Max SpDef is used since I have double Intimidate and this thing is mainly used to absorb Special Attacks from opposing weather. If I'm going to be completely honest, Cress is easily the most replaceable member of this team. She brings close to 0 offensive pressure to the opposing team, and tends to sit on her fat ass 6/10 games Icy Winding over and over, which can make her a liability sometimes. Though I will admit, the utility she DOES bring though Sunny Day and Icy Wind is really helpful and sometimes game-saving the other 4 times. Helping Hand support is also super awesome for just destroying the opposing team.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 204 Spd / 252 SAtk / 20 Def / 32 HP
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 168 Spd / 252 Atk / 88 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge

EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 60 SDef / 136 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Wide Guard

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 SAtk / 8 Def
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Cresselia (F) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Icy Wind
- Helping Hand
- Sunny Day

Last edited:

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not a single Sand team in here smh.

Bellow is the team I used over the course of the suspect and in Pokemon Showdown room tournaments as of late. the win condition for the team is Sand Rush Excadrill, a popular threat from BW Doubles which has seen way less usage this gen. The number one enemy to sand offense is Landorus-T which is why I chose to run Shuca Berry, Ice Beam Tyranitar which acts as a great lure. Mega Gengar is great to eliminate support options which carry Wide Guard such as Hitmontop. It also helps me trap and eliminate opposing weather setters such as Politoed and Mega Charizard Y. I chose to use Salamence for Intimidate as I think it's hugely beneficial to have two Pokemon which can switch into Mega Charizard Y. In addition to this, it provides the coverage I needed to handle certain threats like SubTran, Ferrothorn and Aegislash better. Specs Sylveon is a monster, good luck switching into that thing, I chose fast spread since it beats Rotom-W which is hella annoying.

Citizen Sneaks (Gengar) @ Gengarite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Rapture (Tyranitar) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Rock Slide
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Pierce the Heavens (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Protect

Gambit (Shaymin-Sky) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Protect

Thresher (Salamence) @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Demon (Sylveon) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
Edit @ bellow: clearly says Modest and always did no edit I swear :^)

Last edited:
Ok im gonna post a team i have been using for a long time, and i can pretty safely say that its the best team i have made. (granted i have made some changes to it over the ages.) It is focused on sweeping with gardevoir mega, but it has lots of other tricks like speed control, double intimidate, double scarf, (if you've been paying attention you might have gathered that this means i'm using the "cancerous landorus") i would say if you're going to change anything, mess with the genesect, as i have had success with both physical and special sets.
My Waifu (Gardevoir) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Hitdonstop (Hitmontop) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch

Millennium Talon (Talonflame) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Quick Guard
- Tailwind
- Protect

Landorush (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 60 SDef / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Genesex (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Explosion

Pulseman (Rotom-Wash) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 136 SAtk / 124 SDef
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Electroweb
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)