Resource Sample Teams (Taken Over - See New Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UNDER HO PRESSURE.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 186 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Photon Geyser

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch
- Oblivion Wing

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Transform

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Fire Blast
- Toxic

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

This is standard Arceus-Fairy Hyper Offense, with the difference this HO features Ditto and Substitute Necrozma-DM, to start I will explain Substitute role on this team, Substitute helps to break Balance Teams and Stall teams, thanks to Necrozma bulk it can Substitute agaisn't stuff like Arceus Water / Poison / Dragon / Fairy, it can set up Substitute agaisn't Celesteela / Ferrothorn and stuff like these, and that allow me to do Swords Dance under Substitute without worry about receive damage, Dual Stab because Sunsteel Strike dont hit hard steels and some arceus so Photon Geyser does, EV's enough to outspeed Xerneas and Yveltal uninvested on speed (Specially vs Defensive Yveltal). Ditto is on the team because it helps me to control opposing set ups, like Arceus Swords Dance, Necrozma RP + SD, Groudon, everything that can do boosts, giving me the chance to sweep if the opposing team is weakened. Yveltal is the Ghost Resist and Ground Inmunity and thanks to Life Orb it can win a lot of match ups, U-Turn to keep momentum and switch vs Stuff like Xerneas or Fairies. Arceus-Fairy works as Fiel Cleaner due to Defog, and checks Salamence Mega, Marshadow or Dark Types. Fast Primal Groudon to Antilead opposing Primal Groudon and hit hard and fast as possible, Swords Dance acts as Stallbreaker. Finally I needed another Groudon Check and Salamence Mega works good thanks to Intimidate + Ground Inmunity, the evs there with a Jolly Nature gives me advantage agaisn't Lucario, enough evs to outspeed Jolly SD variant, and the left evs are on Atk to keep offensive pressure + bulk on hp, really easy to use and really fun.

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Xerneas + Primal Kyogre Offense | Provided by Frigus

The team was provided by the alt of a banned user. They did not have privileges to post in this thread and the pretense of their submission is a lie.

==========

Chansey + Tyranitar Balance | Provided by DawnManeDuskWings

This team is too weak to Necrozma-DM to feature here as a balance. This is especially apparent in how a funky Arceus-Fairy set is utilized to try and correct for the ops given by Chansey and Tyranitar. It also has no good way to deal with strong Ground-types, especially in the long haul and regardless of Wish support.

==========

XYZ Balance | Provided by UltraInstinctJJoy

Lacus and CKW said no.

==========

Ultra Sun Hyper Offense | Provided by Ray713

This team may end up seeing Ultra Necrozma changed to a double dance set. Use of Substitute on EKiller and a more offensive set on Primal Groudon should be strongly considered. A variant that utilizes Primal Kyogre over Marshadow is possible.

==========

... | Provided by 3017

This team is far too weak to Geomancy Xerneas and Ho-Oh to be featured as a sample. The check to Swords Dance Arceus is reliant on revenge killing, therefore the team must sack something before the check can be performed.

==========

Under HO Pressure | Provided by Jhonx~

This team has a tendency to strain Arceus-Fairy and can be highly irritated in several hazard matchups. The team doesn't really have a strong way to bust through Pokemon such as Arceus-Ground either. Mega Gengar can be annoying. The council will discuss further and seek opinions from other users as to if the team should be added.

Gyarados Hyper Offense | Provided by Serial EKiller

1516856428906.png
1516856435091.png
1516856442548.png
1516856464960.png
1516856453766.png
1516856474504.png

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Crunch
- Waterfall

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 100 Atk / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

A relatively simple hyper offense based on setting up rocks, and then applying heavy pressure with multiple sweepers with strong offensive and defensive synergy. Excadrill is the rocks setter of choice for its reliability in setting up rocks and keeping them off simultaneously. Mega Gyarados covers the lead matchups excadrill has trouble with, antileading cloyster, taunting and setting up on rock tombed groundceus and other defoggers in general. It also helps out a lot against many threats that trouble ho, such as stall, marshadow and sweepers such as rock polish primal groudon and dusk mane. A jolly nature is to outspeed mgar and ultra necro after a dd, while Waterfall hits Xern and yvel- against magearna and pdon, equake isn't too necessary as the chip damage for xerneas is often all that's needed. The remaining four teammates are four powerful offensive sweepers - mixed rock polish pdon, geoxern, double dance dusk mane, subsd groundceus- that can easily set up on each other's switchins while offensively checking most of the metagame. Using this team is pretty easy- set up rocks, keep them up, maintain momentum through setup and double switches until the opposing team is weakened enough for one sweeper to win the game.

Last edited:

View attachment 99103View attachment 99104View attachment 99105View attachment 99107View attachment 99106View attachment 99108

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Crunch
- Waterfall

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 100 Atk / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

A relatively simple hyper offense based on setting up rocks, and then applying heavy pressure with multiple sweepers with strong offensive and defensive synergy. Excadrill is the rocks setter of choice for its reliability in setting up rocks and keeping them off simultaneously. Mega Gyarados covers the lead matchups excadrill has trouble with, antileading cloyster, taunting and setting up on rock tombed groundceus and other defoggers in general. It also helps out a lot against many threats that trouble ho, such as stall, marshadow and sweepers such as rock polish primal groudon and dusk mane. A jolly nature is to outspeed mgar and ultra necro after a dd, while Waterfall hits Xern and yvel- against magearna and pdon, equake isn't too necessary as the chip damage for xerneas is often all that's needed. The remaining four teammates are four powerful offensive sweepers - mixed rock polish pdon, geoxern, double dance dusk mane, subsd groundceus- that can easily set up on each other's switchins while offensively checking most of the metagame. Using this team is pretty easy- set up rocks, keep them up, maintain momentum through setup and double switches until the opposing team is weakened enough for one sweeper to win the game.
Toxic on Excadrill can be used over Rock Tomb, or potentially Earthquake. A lead exca without toxic is deadweigh to support Arceus formes and they will defog rock away early game.
Primal Groudon can have 100 EV's on Special Defense over HP. The combination of uninvested Precipice Blades and Fire Blast already finishes majority of the metagame in two hits and especially considering that you lack answers to Primal Kyogre, that EV shift will let you have some nice benchmark on taking Ice Beams.

These are stuff that I suggest so feel free to apply / dismiss this.

mags

Banned deucer.
Just another user concerned with sample thread. Wanted to post my thoughts on this since I've heard plenty of the same complaints and maybe this could somehow spark the thread and help it out... idk its worth a shot. Personally I think this rmt rule is nonsense. In usm theres plenty of teams that look alike and feel alike and it's hard to tell who makes what first. That being said If it a team is quality enough for samples then shouldn't be added regardless if it was posted by somebody else? Sure taking credit seems like a problem but for all they know they might have not known about the rmt. If you realize it's an rmt then passing credit to them or linking rmt in description would solve this problem. If somebody rmt's a squad then they are putting it out in public for anyone so why not take advantage of that if it's a solid team and get it put into samples. At worst you can shoot them a pm and ask for permission. I also think rejecting teams based on stuff like being banned is kinda dumb 2. Sure you don't want a banned user participating in the thread and giving credit for a team to a banned user seems wack BUT if a team is quality shouldn't it be added for the sake of the thread and the community. The whole purpose of the thread is collecting solid teams for newer users to pick from to learn ubers and it shouldn't matter if a banned user created the team if not. Like friigus team getting rejected opened my eyes to that kinda situation and I have no opinions on whether that should be added or not but I think council should still see if it's a solid team and if it is then why not take advantage of it. It's not like the community can only accept contributions from well respected users... and sure they shouldn't even have the chance to contribute but what happens if I copy and paste his whole post and post it on my behalf. Will you reject it because I took it from a banned user or will you evaluate it like any other team. Another small thing I don't understand is why do you reject a team when that team could be added if you made a few changes? I know the council must speak on why a team should be rejected but what if they also come to the conclusion if a team is worth trying to save or just trashing it. IDK if that would work or not but it's an idea. That's all I got for how samples thread is being run and by no means did I mean to disrespect ms or the council. I just want to see this thread improve and I thought this would be a good way to get my opinions across.

On the other hand I'd like to see the council members sit down and try to create some squads for the thread. In the past you see a lot of teams posted and they just give credit to the council or a group of players. Ik those teams happened naturally but when stuff is lacking it would be nice if the council tried to contribute. I think this is a time where a lot of good players aren't contributing or sharing when it comes to threads like this and it's sad to see. I can't pin that on the council or ms. To all the ppl who are contributing some good ideas are to thoroughly test the team vs all playstyles and maybe ask some knowledgable experienced player to rate the team before posting. That could really lower the amount of teams from being rejected. And again I didn't mean to disrespect or try to push my views onto the council/ms just wanted to say my thoughts. Best of luck in the future.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Personally I think this rmt rule is nonsense. In usm theres plenty of teams that look alike and feel alike and it's hard to tell who makes what first. That being said If it a team is quality enough for samples then shouldn't be added regardless if it was posted by somebody else? Sure taking credit seems like a problem but for all they know they might have not known about the rmt. If you realize it's an rmt then passing credit to them or linking rmt in description would solve this problem. If somebody rmt's a squad then they are putting it out in public for anyone so why not take advantage of that if it's a solid team and get it put into samples. At worst you can shoot them a pm and ask for permission. I also think rejecting teams based on stuff like being banned is kinda dumb.
In the past there were big complaints about teams being stolen or misrepresented, which is why the rule was created. It's absolutely true that a lot of teams look alike and it's pretty much impossible to prove who made it first (almost always they're just built in parallel). It's also very true that posters may not have known that the team they submit was RMTed or shared via social media or whatever, and not even I will be able to tell with 100% certainty that a team wasn't shared by someone else previously. To protect users who share their squads elsewhere, I think the rule should stand, however the way the rule is enforced may change. For example, if a good team is submitted that was shared by another user via RMT, instead of outright rejecting the team maybe the credit could be transfered or some other alternative could be considered.

Sure you don't want a banned user participating in the thread and giving credit for a team to a banned user seems wack BUT if a team is quality shouldn't it be added for the sake of the thread and the community. The whole purpose of the thread is collecting solid teams for newer users to pick from to learn ubers and it shouldn't matter if a banned user created the team if not. Like friigus team getting rejected opened my eyes to that kinda situation and I have no opinions on whether that should be added or not but I think council should still see if it's a solid team and if it is then why not take advantage of it. It's not like the community can only accept contributions from well respected users... and sure they shouldn't even have the chance to contribute but what happens if I copy and paste his whole post and post it on my behalf. Will you reject it because I took it from a banned user or will you evaluate it like any other team.
The just of it is that a banned user (or alt) does not have permission to post in this thread. That is part of their punishment. To allow them to do so undermines the authority that imposed their punishment. However, if they were to provide a team that is highly influential, makes for a great sample, etc. then the council always has the option to vote to add it directly at a later time. If we want to see team X then we'll just stick it on - we don't need a banned user to provide it for us. To answer your hypothetical question, let's say you took a team created by Konzern (who never shared it with anyone) and posted it as your own. The council would have no way of knowing it was not your team and would subsequently evaluate it as any other.

On the other hand I'd like to see the council members sit down and try to create some squads for the thread. In the past you see a lot of teams posted and they just give credit to the council or a group of players.
This would be a nice boost to have, but Lacus and CKW have not been especially forthcoming with providing or creating teams for this thread. I'm probably the harshest critic when it comes to my own teams, and was hesitant with adding one of my squads to the OP when suggested by the council. It's possible with just the three of us, but having a couple more hands on the council to discuss and offer suggestions squads would make this option much more feasible. There are many solid defensive teams out there (the Arc Water balance hyw posted for example) that have yet to see any kind of evaluation and should probably be on this thread.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Sticky Web Hyper Offense | Provided by Cynara

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Nuzzle
- Taunt
- Whirlwind

Arceus-Ghost @ Ghostium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Shadow Force
- Stone Edge

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 168 Atk / 144 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Xerneas @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Knock Off

A take on a standardised Sticky Web HO team with enough support to punish common hazard removers in the tier and keep webs down. Ghost Arceus seems like a weird choice here, but it's probably the best SD Arceus on Webs at the moment. Along with it's offensive prowess, it provides a critical spin block for a webs team. Ghostceus + Mega Lucario Tear most defensive backbones with webs down.

LO Taunt Yveltal + SD SR groudon provide additional stall breaking potential. Taunt Yveltal also help prevents defog from common defoggers and shuts down support arceus formes.The yeam struggles with Jolly Defog Mence, like most Sticky Web teams, but the team has techs to play around with such as Ghostium on Ghost Arceus, and SD Don that can punish it - While Jolly Mence can get a defog off, it usually has to sack itself to do so, which allows you to get SR up for the rest of the game with the defogger removed, otherwise you play with sticky web up.

Adamant Lucario can be considered on this team for more damage output - but the team will struggle more against Adamant Salamence and +Speed Yveltal. Chinese Pdon can be considered over SD SR, but I feel the latter is superior.

A final consideration one could make is Geoxern over Specs, while Dusk mane/Magearna can hard counter Geoxern in this meta, it allows for Lucario/Pdon to take advantage of these steels easily. if they lack these steels then Geoxern can do huge damage, since other checks are shaky and take a lot of damage or die to coverage moves. but Choice specs is usually the superior choice

I would like to give credit to TTG, Mags, Stoward and some other friends for helping me test and polish the final version of the build.

Last edited:

hyw

Banned deucer.
In the past there were big complaints about teams being stolen or misrepresented, which is why the rule was created. It's absolutely true that a lot of teams look alike and it's pretty much impossible to prove who made it first (almost always they're just built in parallel). It's also very true that posters may not have known that the team they submit was RMTed or shared via social media or whatever, and not even I will be able to tell with 100% certainty that a team wasn't shared by someone else previously. To protect users who share their squads elsewhere, I think the rule should stand, however the way the rule is enforced may change. For example, if a good team is submitted that was shared by another user via RMT, instead of outright rejecting the team maybe the credit could be transfered or some other alternative could be considered.

The just of it is that a banned user (or alt) does not have permission to post in this thread. That is part of their punishment. To allow them to do so undermines the authority that imposed their punishment. However, if they were to provide a team that is highly influential, makes for a great sample, etc. then the council always has the option to vote to add it directly at a later time. If we want to see team X then we'll just stick it on - we don't need a banned user to provide it for us. To answer your hypothetical question, let's say you took a team created by Konzern (who never shared it with anyone) and posted it as your own. The council would have no way of knowing it was not your team and would subsequently evaluate it as any other.

This would be a nice boost to have, but Lacus and CKW have not been especially forthcoming with providing or creating teams for this thread. I'm probably the harshest critic when it comes to my own teams, and was hesitant with adding one of my squads to the OP when suggested by the council. It's possible with just the three of us, but having a couple more hands on the council to discuss and offer suggestions squads would make this option much more feasible. There are many solid defensive teams out there (the Arc Water balance hyw posted for example) that have yet to see any kind of evaluation and should probably be on this thread.
So you admit that my team is sample worthy but instead of posting it as a sample along with the description I provided for the benefit of newcomers who wish to improve their footing in the tier, you opt to censor my post from public viewership and punish me with an infraction? Can you explain that to me please?

Last edited:
Minority had no say in your infraction and doesn't even moderate this section. That action was entirely my doing, which you are completely aware of because you responded to the automated infraction PM it sends. I stand by the infraction, perhaps even moreso with your poor attitude towards what I would have thought was an obvious punishment considering the post's starting content. It is rather funny that you are attempting to mislead people as some sort of victim with the usage of clearly wrong information in your new post and framing it as Minority that did it. What are you playing at?

Your attempt to "improve the thread" started off with over 4 paragraphs berating Minority and the samples council of "actively hurting Ubers" before even posting anything of substance. Just because you posted something useful later in that post does not give you the freedom to attack other users (let alone a mod) in your post hoping that the good content will make it difficult for me to delete and infract, because that is exactly what you were hoping for.

Your attempts to improve Ubers is hurting it more than anything this thread is capable of doing, because you are simply making the Ubers community look bad to others across the site with your attitude, even moreso by sticking negativity in helpful posts. I hope you realize this before 4 infraction points come along.

If you or anyone else want to actually contribute to this thread, you can do it following the thread OP rules, respecting other users, and without trying to dance around moderators. If this is too difficult for you, well that is unfortunate.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I'm not that amazingly familiar with this tier but posting a team just because. And also because there's been no stall teams posted
this post definitely isn't a thinly veiled attempted to have my team reviewed by good ubers players

Arceus-Dark Stall

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Thousand Arrows
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Recover

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

Toxapex @ Wacan Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover

Fairly standard no-nonsense stall team that tries to have a switch-in for everything in the tier and at the same time not be particularly Shadow Tag weak. This team has every damaging entry hazard, lots of ways to spread status while not particularly minding opposing status, and multiple checks to top-tier offensive Pokemon with all of them having some sort of recovery. Shadow Ball is there on Blissey to let you beat Mega Gengar one-on-one (unless it's a Perish Trap set, but those seem quite rare nowadays, at least with my limited experience in the tier), which in turn allows you to run Leftovers which increases Blissey's staying power immensely. Zygarde and Defensive Ho-Oh form a good combo that let each other check what may be specialized to beat them. For example, if there's a Groudon or Marshadow, they may carry either Hidden Power Ice or a Rock type move, but usually never both, so you can switch between the two to find out which set it is and check them appropriately. Ho-Oh in particular is important as my designated Ground immunity and for keeping powerful Necrozma-DM sets at bay. Ferrothorn is amazing for setting up entry hazards, and Power Whip smacks the Support Arceus forms like Arceus-Ground or Arceus-Water who may want to come in and Defog, as well as countering Primal Kyogre sets that could devastate the rest of the team. Arceus-Dark is critical for the Dark and Ghost resist, and makes a pretty decent defogger since Judgement hits most things neutrally and there are plenty of switch-ins to incoming Fairy types. It also means that, even if Gothitelle did manage to set-up, it can't sweep thanks to Arceus's Psychic immunity. Toxapex is a great utility mon, as Toxic Spikes can be especially threatening to many offensive and balance teams, and he can act as an emergency check to stuff like Geomany Xerneas with Thunder or Marshadow or Mega Lucario, and still play a role later in the game with Regenerator. There are a couple of other minor alterations for the team that are viable, like you can run Shed Shell on Blissey and Toxapex with Confide on Blissey if you want to be extra secure against Shadow Taggers, run Stealth Rock on Arceus-Dark, or you could even run a more offensive Pokemon in place of Toxapex that also checks Xerneas like Pdon or Necrozma-DM, since this may give you a better match-up vs. opposing stall and a place to stick Stealth Rock besides Ferrothorn, running Will-O-Wisp on Arceus-Dark so Mega Lucario and Marshadow can't pressure you as much. The main way of losing with this team usually is with an opponent making aggressive plays with Stealth Rock up to pressure Ho-Oh or Zygarde not being in his complete form yet, so careful HP management of Zygarde and good hazard play is needed. Otherwise, this team is overall really easy to play since it mostly just involves switching in X to counter Y, and uses a lot of standard straightforward stall Pokemon.

Reactions: hyw
sample team.png

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpD / 148 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Roar

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog
- Ice Beam

EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 32 HP / 124 Def / 200 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

First pokemon on this team is bulky Primal-Groudon since it is a Pokemon that is fairly competent of checking pokemon like Xerneas, arceus fairy, and unboosted mega lucario. The ev spread gives it the capability of out speeding 72 speed Xerneas hitting 252 speed and 148spe Groudon hitting 253 speed. This is of relevance because it allows Groudon to provide damage prior to the pokemon setting up geomancy while being able to roar it out the following turn .

Primal groudon is a pokemon that naturally struggles versus zygarde, and arceus ground due to it's fire typing, and lack of damage output on the aforementioned pokemon, so I was thinking of a pokemon who can check both of these and lugia came to mind. Arceus-ground typically deter from running toxic and lean towards running ice beam so it can face the aforementioned zygarde- complete form. Being able to easily poison these pokemon and wear them down makes lugia a suitable team mate for primal groudon.

For the third pokemon on the team I wanted to use ultra-necromzma, since its one of my favorite pokemon. However, In doing so I am leaving my team Vulnerable to the Expert Ghost Fighter Marshadow. So instead of ultra necromza, i felt the need to put arceus-ground.
Arceus-Ground has a very potent role on this team. Aiding lugia in fighting off zygarde thanks to being able to utilize ice beam, having a higher speed tier than primal groudon allowing it to freely click judgment while surviving unboosted precipice blades + Fire Punch.

Because I have provided an additional check to Marshadow, I thought putting ultra-necrozma on the fourth slot would be justified. Light that burns the sky is a nuke.
+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 277-327 (69.5 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
an example of this pokemon's power.
+2 Stone edge is able to deal with Yveltal upon switchin, lugia, and ho- oh being the most important. Earthquake is able to OHKO Primal groudon at +2 as well as deal with opposing dusk mane necrozma

At this point in the teambuilding process, I have come to the realization that this team is lacking fighting and steel type coverage. So it occured to me that a pokemon who can provide what this team needs is none other than Mega Lucario
Lucario-Mega has a speed stat of 112 allowing it to hit 355 at max speed. This is an excellent speed tier for the ubers tier due to some of the pokemon not being known for their high speed stats. Gaining access to Meteor Mash is an excellent buff to this pokemon due to not having to rely on the insanely inaccurate iron tail. Lucario allows me to prevent Xerneas from sweeping at+2 if groudon faints ealier. Due to it's priority bullet punch allowing it to revenge kill xerneas once weakened enough, and its strong breaking steel/ fighting type coverage Lucario is a suitable teammate.

As building this team comes to an end, I come to the realization that I need to limit primal groudon's ability to spam fire punch, since it deals with lucario if not wanting to risk the precipice blades miss, and also risks the burn on lugia preventing it from roosting up to multiscale range. This is where Primal-Kyogre Saves the team. With it's ability primordial sea, it eliminates the harsh sunlight leaving Groudon vulnerable to Rain boosted Origin Pulse, allowing a calm mind to be set up. Calm Mind + Thunder allows it to deal with opposing Kyogres, as well as being able to inflict damage on arceus-water

Title- The Beast Unleashed

1517611731591.png1517611681083.png1517611570136.png1517611594970.png1517611625273.png1517611650246.png
Description: This team is built around Ultra-Necrozma-Dusk-Mane and Mega Gengar. The aim of this team is to eliminate or significantly weaken Ultra
Necrozma checks and counter for it to sweep.

1517611731591.png
Ultra Necrozma is the focus of the team. Ultra Ultranecrozium Z is required to ultra burts and then to use The Light That Burns The sky to hopefully break past checks and counters that are still around if not just outright OK a surprising number of things as +2. Swords Dance boost Necrozma's attack to higher levels and allows it sweep more effectively. Earthquake provides coverage against steel types. Sunsteel Strike is the 4th move allowing for a soft check should Primal-Don Go down before Xern is taken care of. Max attack is chosen with max Speed and Jolly allowing Necrozma to outspeed as much as possible while retaining as much power as possible.

1517611681083.pngMega Gengar is there to trap and remove bulkier threats or remove mons that threaten Necrozma and the rest of the team. A basic combo of Will-o-Wisp and Hex allow Gengar to cripple physical attacker and fire off powerfull, drawback-free, stab attacks. Sludge wave is the other stab option of choice for its power. And focus blast hits dark types that otherwise threaten Gengar and the team as a whole

1517611570136.pngLunala is a new addition as I noticed the team needed a strong SpA that had more bulk the gengar to wall break more effectively. Choice Specs is the item on Lunala as to provide as much power as possible. Lunala is Max SpA and Spd with Timid to be as fast as possible. The move set is standard trying to get as much coverage as possible to do as much damage as possible.

1517611594970.pngYveltal is for revenge killing. Again a simple set of max Spd and max SpA is used with Modest nature for as much power and speed as possible. I use Modest over Timid Nature because Timid fails to reach any important speed bench marks- other than +1 Adamant Blaziken which is not common enough to justify Timid over Modest. Dark Pulse and Oblivion Wing are used as stab attacks while foul play is able to take advantage of swords dance user and use there bost against them- notably OKing +2 Primal-Don and KOing Mega Lucario after a little bit a chip damage, which is not hard to get if you atack into it while it sets up.

1517611625273.pngSupport Arcus ground is a check to Most Primal-don forms and defogs away hazards. Judgement is a nice stab attack and Ice Beam provide coverage and allow Arceus to take on flying types- such as Mega Salamence, Rayquaza, and Yveltal. Recover is a form of recovery that allows it to last longer. Defog is Defog.

1517611650246.pngSpD Primal Don- Primal Don because it belongs on every team. I chose SpD set because looking back at the team I needed a Xern Check first and foremost but also some form of hazards plus a overall good special wall to soft check lots of special attacker. The set is standard with Steal Rock for hazards Precipice Blades and Lava Plume for attacking and hitting hard from both physical and special sides and Rore to faze things that might try to set up on you.

Importable: http://pokepast.es/f19c81062df8c754

Last edited:
Mega Gengar Hyper Offense

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 168 HP / 228 Atk / 36 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 152 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond

Arceus @ Chople Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Utility Gengar + CM Darkceus Balance | Provided by DMDW or whatever you wanna call my long-stretched name

Importable

I believe balance teams function nicely with Mega Gengar + Arceus-Dark core. Gengar essentially traps and removes all of roadblocks that keep Arceus-Dark from successfully sweeping and it has Destiny Bond to get rid of opposing Magearna or out-of-control threat in emergency. With those Fairy-types or blobs out of the way, very few Pokemon are actually able to stop Arceus-Dark.
The rest of the team is very straightfoward to use; Primal Groudon sets Stealth Rock while denting switch-ins with fully powered Overheat. Ferrothorn alleviates Primal Groudon's role as Primal Kyogre switch-in, sets Spikes, and harasses just about every support arc formes, especially with Toxic putting them on timer should they try to remove Spikes with Defog. Zygarde-C just acts as a blanket check for most physical attackers in the metagame while Magearna has been stapled in to cover team's shaky matchup against Xerneas while providing my team a reliable switch-in to Yveltal. Speaking of Zygarde-C and Magearna, they form a very solid defensive core together and cover a big array of threats while neither of them can be trapped by Gothitelle, which is nice.

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar

This team struggles a bit to keep SR up, considering it utilizes Excadrill as a suicide hazard setter. The team only has a pseudo Ground-type resist, and has issues vs. Arceus-Ground and DD Zygarde-C. Excadrill and Mega Gyarados aren't especially representative of the current USM metagame.

==========

Sticky Web Hyper Offense | Provided by Cynara

Geomancy Xerneas should probably be used, especially since it's more inclined to be anti-Marshadow. Mega Salamence can pose a problem for this team, but it's difficult for Webs to tackle this threat in general.

==========

Arceus-Dark Stall | Provided by Manaphy

This team has issues with Arceus-Ground and can struggle with Zygarde-C being overloaded. The council is not yet united in their evaluation.

==========

... | Provided by AmazingMo

Lugia does not make sense on a team that is otherwise offensively inclined - the structure is counterproductive. There is little counterplay to Marshadow. The team is especially weak to Scarf Pokemon.

Last edited:

Tokyo Sonata

formerly Toanyone
Necrozma ft Mgyara.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Careful Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 4 SpA / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Aqua Tail
- Taunt

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Precipice Blades

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Coil
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail

Ho-Oh @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Recover
- Curse

team based on mgyara and necrozma. It seems to me that together they form an interesting nucleus stopping certain threats and I wanted to try. The rest does not have much mystery. Because it is so good in every way. This time it's his bulky set with SR to fit Xerneas well with Roar's support as well. FairyCeus as user defog and anti marshadow. Coil zygod seems to me the best. I wanted to try it and it seems to fit well and is a key piece. Ho oh flyinium z + curse taking advantage of its great offensive presence and by surprise factor. You never know but wearing it like that can give you victory. Perhaps it is something weak to mgengar + groundceus but in principle it is controlled by several components.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
The Beast Unleashed | Provided by Camaran826

This team has major issues vs. Dark-types. The use of Lunala is unjustified. The Arceus-Ground set is not conducive to the playstyle, is easily overloaded, and increases potential issues vs. Ho-Oh.

==========

Mega Gengar HO | Provided by ZQ8x

This team is very similar to one of the samples already provided, but where that version has ways to compensate for problems vs. Mega Salamence, this one does not. To maximize chances of having a team accepted, do not post builds that are very similar to samples that are already in place.

==========

Gengar + Arceus-Dark Balance | Provided by DawnManeDuskWings

This team lacks any kind of Ground resist or Ground immunity, and therefore does not have the fundamental structural qualities needed in a sample team. The team loses to SD Primal Groudon, Mixed Primal Groudon, and SD Arceus-Ground. The team also has problems with Mega Lucario and Marshadow.

Ho-Oh Balance

250.png
800-dm.png
groudon.png
lugia.png
arceus.png
Spr_3e_302.png

A fairly intuitive balance team featuring Ho-Oh. Banded Ho-Oh is a powerful wallbreaker that attracts fire resists and can 2HKO just about everything in the tier. This paves the way for one of the deadliest sweepers in the tier, Mixed Rock Polish Primal-Groudon. Since this team runs an offensive Primal-Groudon, it runs a Support Necrozma Dusk-Mane, which provides a Stealth Rock user and a Xerneas answer, among other things. Arceus-Water is this team's Arceus form, giving a Defog user, a Primal-Kyogre check, and Ho-Oh counter, the final being very important due to this teams Primal-Groudon being walled by Ho-Oh. Lugia acs as a physical wall, and fulfills other duties such as phazing and countering Mega-Salamence. Finally, Mega-Sableye gives the team a magic bounce user, helping it win the hazard war. This is especially important considering both Lugia and Ho-Oh are weak to Stealth Rock. Overall, this team has a decent matchup against the entire metagame, having the tools to beat any team. However, it struggles if it loses the hazard war, and has some problems dealing with Yveltal.

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Moonlight
- Sunsteel Strike

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Toxic

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog
- Judgment

Lugia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Ice Beam

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 84 SpD / 152 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Okay I'm going to try this again with a bit more description lol.
Zekrom and Co:
groudon-primal.gif
1518675609379.png
1518675759876.png
1518675913856.png

1518676149091.png
zekrom.gif

groudon-primal.gif

Primal Groudon
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Overheat

First thing's first, yes, this boy is shiny because goddamn he deserves it. Second, you know why he's here, he checks virtually everything, is a brilliant rocks setter and even the mons that come into try and stop this absolute destructive force just gets smashed about by incredibly hard hitting stab moves. Just be careful of lead Yveltals since they will do a massive chunk.

1518675609379.png

Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Rest
- Glare
- Coil

This absolute tank is a monster before it even becomes complete with an incredibly powerful stab move checking the likes of Primal Groudon, Necrozma-Dusk Mane and yveltal, that and he is an absolute status sponge that just seems to laugh at stall teams makes him a must of for a lot of teams. Just be careful of primal kyogre, xerneas and any arceus form carrying ice beam.

1518675759876.png

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Heart Swap
- Heal Bell

Okay so if you thought Zygarde and Pdon were pretty tanky, you've never seen magearna laugh at Geoxerns before shortly before ruining their day, seriously the sole reason that magearna is here for is to check the likes of setup sweepers, mainly xerneas, to heal status' from those pesky nuisance stall teams, and from time to time, just smash Yveltal in the face really REALLY hard. Just be careful of our lord and saviour Primal Groudon as he will literally destroy magearna in 1 hit.

1518675913856.png

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

Yep, I've mentioned Yveltal quite a few times already so he sort of had to be in the team with all that hype, but in all seriousness, this is my semi Primal groudon check if something happens to Zygarde somehow (Let's be serious it's a crit that brings a zygod down), and also checks the likes of marshadow which without, I feel could do massive damage to my team if left unchecked, taunt is just for suicide leads that aren't deoxys speed as you are not outspeeding that no matter what you do unless you're going to scarf taunt it, just be weary of primal groudons stone edge, Xerneas, Primal Kyogre's Thunder, Magearna's Fleur cannon and Marshadows Close combat. Just be careful of the really big moves basically.

1518676149091.png

Timid Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog
- Judgment

Yet another primal groudon check, this is an absolute nightmare for Primal Groudon to even look at, in a lot of cases you can just defog infront of it as it switches out, it also does a nice job of checking primal kyogre's that aren't running Thunder (Not many easy ways of finding out without some baiting). Just be careful of the Rock Polish Swords dance variant of Primal groudon as it can go very wrong for you if they land a crit P blades at +2.

zekrom.gif

Zekrom @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Outrage
- Bolt Strike
- Substitute

Okay, so if you got this far, I'm impressed to be honest, I would of genuinly turned away too if I saw a team with zekrom on it. But there is a reason for this, Zekrom is an excellent early game wallbreaker as at +1 can OHKO virtually anything with either devastating drake or Bolt strike (Seriously, this thing actually eats ice beams from primal kyogre, but not P blades from Primal groudon so make sure to hit it before it hits you), even Lugia gets OHKO'd by a bolt strike at +1 from this monster, Just be careful of very fast Pdons, Xerneas and Magearna as they all carry hits that will outright OHKO you.

Anyways, if you somehow made it this far I'm just amazed that someone gave a team with zekrom the time of day, gl hf with this, peace out.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Overheat

Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Rest
- Glare
- Coil

Magearna @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Heart Swap
- Heal Bell

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

Zekrom @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Outrage
- Bolt Strike
- Substitute

Timid Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog
- Judgment
1518675609379.png
1518675759876.png
1518675913856.png
1518676149091.png

Last edited:
Reactions: hyw

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I'm resubmitting my previous team with some minor changes that I think address some of the issues

Arceus-Dark Stall

Blissey @ Shed Shell
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Thousand Arrows
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect

Lugia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Recover

Toxapex @ Wacan Berry
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover

Lugia is here from my previous team over Ho-Oh since he is bulkier and less SR weak, so the team puts less pressure on Zyarde as a whole, and he also deals with Arceus-Ground and other Substitute sets quite well. Unfortunately he doesn't deal with Necrozma-DM as well, so Will-O-Wisp was put on Arceus-Dark to compensate. The move also has the added benefit of crippling Lucario who think they can switch in for free, and puts pressure on bulky Steel types like Magearna and Celesteela by canceling their Leftovers. Shed Shell and Stealth Rock was put on Blissey, which frees a moveslot for Ferrothorn to run Protect, and also lets Blissey be much more secure vs. Gothitelle. Haze can be run on Zygarde allowing him to handle SD Arceus-Ground, which allows Lugia to run Dragon Tail, which also lets Lugia become Gothitelle proof, but it comes at the cost of Sleep Talk and being able to emergency Whirlwind out Xerneas, so for the general meta I feel like the current sets are appropriate.

Mega Gengar Bulky Offense

800-dm.png801.png094.png493.png717.png383.png

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Hex
- Sludge Wave

Jolly Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 156 Atk / 44 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Rock Tomb

Timid Nature
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Yveltal @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic

Magearna @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Heart Swap
- Heal Bell

time around Mega Gengar Bulky Offense Gengar enters the team as Trapper and Special Sweeper, Sludge Wave and his mandatory STAB for Xerneas and other pokes that do not stand, Hex was chosen instead of Shadow Ball due to damage doubled by Status Will- the Wisp to inflict Burn on physical attackers and Taunt to avoid Status Moves, Ultra Physical Necrozma to hit the strongest possible, Arceus Water to check Kyogre and with Defog to avoid Hazards in the field, Groudon offensive as Hazard Setter and another Kyogre check, Magearna as Check of Dark Types and Xerneas and Yveltal defensive due to problems with Primal Groudon

Last edited:
View attachment 103378View attachment 103379View attachment 103380View attachment 103381View attachment 103382View attachment 103383

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Hex
- Sludge Wave

Jolly Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 156 Atk / 44 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Rock Tomb

Timid Nature
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Yveltal @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic

Magearna @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Heart Swap
- Heal Bell
You need to add a description of how your team works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)