ORAS UU SD pass sharpedo

Gday everybody,
I´d like to present you a team that around the famous celebi+mega sharpedo core. I´ve been trying to build a decent team around this core for quite some time now and I think I´ve finally succeeded. (Decent for me at least) Since my building is nowhere near perfect I´d like to ask for criticism though.

Teambuilding process:

I obviously started with celebi and sharpedo as my core.

I added entei then as it breaks down steel types and weakens other checks for my core

Next up was swampert as my electric immunity, phazer, SR user and check for m-aero etc.

I still needed a defoger and I wanted a fast one cause I was still lacking in speed so crobat came to mind

Last but not least sylveon so hydreigon can´t just come in and spam dracos.

In depth: CHANGES IN RED

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Protect
- Ice Fang

Standard mega sharpedo set with max speed, max attack and a jolly nature so I can outspeed most scarfers after one protect. Sharpedo is the star of the the show cause after you pass a SD to it there are very few mons that can still take an attack. The only thing that really troubles it is priority but thats were the rest of the team comes into play. Mach punch users etc can all be played around and defensive walls should crumble the wallbreaking core. The best thing about it is that you often don´t even need the SD to sweep teams because its really powerful on its own.

Celebi @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe 252HP/ 252 SpD / 4 Def
Careful Nature Sassy Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Recover

Sharpedo´s partner in crime and the second part of my core. Celebi is somewhat broken imo due to the amount of sets it can run (NP celebi is scary). On this team its main purpose is to pass an SD to sharpedo but it can take some special attacks aswell. Other than that it can also annoy water types with its stab move. The speed investment makes sure I get the jump on honchcrow the rest is standard. I thought about going with weakness policy over lefties cause you hardly get 2 free turns unless your opponent misplays and I don´t run any sort of speed control or yellow color.

Entei @ Choice Band Liechi Berry
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz -Natural Gift

Entei is the next part of my wallbreaking core. It weakens water/steel/grass types with sacred fire and most of them dont appreciate a burn either. With entei you can usually weaken the enemy walls enough for sharpedo to clean up later on. The priority is also nice to have against stuff like bd slurpuff or even to pick of weakened mons. On top of that entei is really scary if you pass it a +2 and it can even defeat some of its usual checks. Really standard set that I cant say anything about that hasnt been said yet.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Roar
- Earthquake

This swampert is about as standard as it gets. Its main purpose is to phaze, set up stealth rock and take on all the physical attackers in the UU metagame. Its my fire check and electric immunity so volt switch users have to think about using their stab moves. It can get worn down though after taking to many attacks thats why I backed it up with a secondary fighting check. Roar also works well with stealth rocks up and can stop any form of setup if needed. Other than that it synergises well with crobat as its only weakness is covered by the bat.

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Crobat is the hazard remover of choice. It pairs up really well with pert as all of its weaknesses are taken care of. The EV spread makes sure I outspeed everything up to +1 gyarados. I was debating going for taunt so I can prevent setup more easily but I am still undecided. The spread isnt set in stone yet either. It works as a fighting check aswell and adds immediate speed to the team. Brave bird hits surprisingly hard especially when people dont expect offensive bat so it´s overall a really nice addtition to the team.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball

Last but not least Sylveon. It is my overall dragon check but also takes on stuff like np nape that would threaten the rest of the squad. This is my main concern with the team. When I first built this team this was a defensive sylveon but as I played more it felt like sylveon didnt really fit on here. So I went with a more offensive approach and slapped specs on it. Would be glad to hear opinions on whether a defensive set would be better here or not. i even considered florges at one point though I feel like sylveon is just better overall.

Anyways thats it for the team, I hope to get a lot of criticism. Let me finish this by saying my english obviously isn´t perfect but I hope you can overlook that.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Protect
- Ice Fang

Celebi @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Recover

Entei @ Liechi Berry
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Natural Gift

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Last edited:
This is definitely a very well made team, but I do feel there are ways it could be better.
Run Cobalion over Swampert
The team you've built is very offensive, and swampert sticks out like a sore thumb on such an offensive team. I decided to go with Cobalion instead. Cobalion's typing makes it a great offensive pivot, and it's ability to set up rocks makes it even more useful. It also formes a Voltturn core with Crobat.
Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Iron Head
Run Infiltrator on Crobat
Infiltrator is simply the better ability, as it let's you hit pokemon through substitutes.

Oh, and stick with Sylveon. It complements the offensiveness of your team.

SD Pass is a very offensive strategy, but running things like swampert and defensive sylveon on offense is just kind of pointless. Coballion gives you something else to pass SDs to, fighting and steel coverage, and overall better offensive utility than swampert.
Other then that, great team

Thanks for the rate cenamazing,
yea inner focus on crobat was a typo thanks for pointing that out.

Now onto cobalion: While I get the general idea and like the suggestion wouldnt that leave me weak to stuff like m-aero?
So maybe I should run a more def spread and shuca on it to limit this problem to a minimum?

Oh and overall with the team getting more and more offensive would you advise me to run more speed on celebi ?

Sharpedo works as a fine counter to Mega Aerodactyl, it outspeeds it with one boost and has a 60% chance to OHKO it with waterfall even before it Mega Evolves, and a 100% to OHKO After it Mega Evolves. Offense doesn't need a switch in to every pokemon, and with even one SD Passed to it, Mega Sharpedo can become a powerful threat.

On Celebi, I'd say you should probably run Max Speed & Attack with a Jolly Nature now that I think about it. This way Celebi can effectively B-Pass out against pokemon that counter it such as Roserade, Beedrill before it Mega Evolves, Heracross, Krookodile (be careful with Pursuit though), Arcanine, Mamoswine, and Toxicroak (although it may not be smart to pass into Sharpedo on the bug types.
So just change the spread to this:
Celebi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Recover

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hey man, cool looking team, I actually used a team that's v similar to this in UUPL here (got donked by intimidate spam :[): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-uu-164720. But anyway I just have a couple of suggestions n_n
  • What I like to do when I pair Mega Sharpedo w/ Celebi is actually make Celebi min speed + Weakness Policy. Imo slow pass (especially to a glass cannon like Sharpedo) is probably the best because you don't want your passee to take a big hit from a slower Pokemon like Mega Blastoise, Sylveon, Nidoqueen, etc.. Also being slower makes it easier to take a hit from any of the aforementioned Pokemon and just click Baton Pass w/ the WP or SD up. That's why I'd recommend a set like this:

Celebi @ Weakness Policy
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Sassy Nature
    IVs: 0 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Baton Pass
    - Recover
    - Seed Bomb

• Another thing I'd recommend is using non-CB Entei. If the opposing team has something like Chesnaught or Conkeldurr, it really makes it difficult for Sharpedo to do anything at +2, that's why I'd recommend a set like this.

Entei @ Liechi Berry
    Adamant Nature
    - Extreme Speed
    - Sacred Fire
    - Stone Edge
    - Natural Gift

I find this set (esp w/ Baton Pass) to be the best option, as at +2 it can take out things like Swampert and Suicune w/ the combination of Sacred Fire + Natural Gift (100 BP Grass). Also yeah +2 ESpeed is definitely hard for the opposing team to find a countermeasure for ._.

I wish I had more replays than the UUPL one to actually showcase slowpass, but I hope you consider my recommendations and good luck with your team! :] Celepass is the best pass

Really nice suggestions thanks a bunch :]
The entei set actually nails so many KOs cause nobody expects it.
Watched the replays and I hope I will get close to being as good as you guys
Again thanks for the help

-Just randomly dropping by to support the Cobalion > Swampert thingy-

I actually played a very similar team back in 5th gen UU, using SD Baton Pass Substitute Mew, passing onto sharpedo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)