Sharing Some Dumb Fun Pokemon Sets

(Only a bab here so I'm hoping this is the right place for this)

Right, so I'm someone who's had knowledge of competitive battling for a while, and has also has been lurking around the forums as a guest for a couple months. I've never been amazing at competitive battling outside of one borderline criminal Doubles team in ORAS, but me and my friends have recently gotten back into Pokemon Showdown using some dumb wacky teams instead of going full tryhard like back in the day. Swords Dance Skarmory, Peyata Berry Scizor and Offensive Blissey are just some examples of the 'fun' we've had.

I'm sure I can't be alone here, so I decided to make a thread where people could share any fun sets they may have. I'm not a complete cunt, so feel free to say things to me if you're willing to do that to yourself.

Not a guideline for what you have to follow, but these are things I aim for in my own sets:

-More defensive or bulky mons are right up my alley, as OHKOs and 2HKOs are something I don't like to receive or inflict, as it makes it harder to show off all of those wacky movesets.

-I always try to avoid using Choice Band and Specs, as they raise the chance of fast knockouts and make it harder to show off more of my moves. If a mon desperately needs more power, I tend to stick to Life Orb, which I would still be a little cautious of.

-Choice Scarf is okay, it does make it tough to show off all of your moves, but revenge killing a speedy weakened mon with some slow fucker is always worth a giggle.

-Explosion is funny.

-Nicknaming every mon is important, if you post a set, feel free to include the nickname for a giggle.

-Make sure the set is at least functional, physical Alakazam might be too far, but physical Gengar could possibly do some damage.

-Moves that boost Speed and Defenses are cool, but I'd be wary of raising offenses unless the mon really needs it. e.g. Swords Dance Skarmory, Moxie Pyroar and so on.

-Evasion is silly in all the wrong ways.

So anyways, please go ahead and share any fun ideas you have, remember to be nice and all that, a little fun poking is always fine, but we're all friends here at least 20% of the time.

Also while I think of it, commenting on other peoples sets is cool too, as are suggestions for alterations or other options.
If that persons Aggron needs Flash Cannon, you tell them it needs a damn Flash Cannon.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
cm blissey is overpowered

Dragon Don't (Gyarados) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Hurricane
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

You thought your puny Skarmorys and Tangrowths could stop DD Gyarados in its tracks? Too bad for you, since this isn't physical! Set up the Sub to make everyone think you're Substitute Dragon Dance and shred the obvious switch-in. Flamethrower nabs the 2HKO on physdef Skarm and all Ferrothorn through leftovers, Ice Beam crushes Zygarde, and STAB Hurricane pummels Tangrowth while giving neutral coverage on Greninja-Ash. Even outside of Gen 1, Special Gyarados will crush your dreams.

That Gyarados is genius, I love the fact it has Hurricane, I just find it so ironic that it hits a Pokemon during the first turn of Bounce, which is a legit move on Gyarados.
But calling Skarmory puny?
You haven't seen his true power yet.

Skarmoreally (Skarmory) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Iron Head/Night Slash
- Roost/Counter
- Swords Dance

The sad thing is I've had this work in legit battles.
But enough about me, witness the true potential Skarmory has been holding back since 1999! Brave Bird and Iron Head shred through all bar 78 Pokemon in the game at +6! You might think this set may be easy to counter, but that's where Skarmory's true trump card comes into play... NIGHT SLASH.
+2 252 Atk Skarmory Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Aggron-Mega: 41-48 (11.9 - 13.9%) -- possible 8HKO
+2 252 Atk Skarmory Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Aggron-Mega: 48-57 (13.9 - 16.5%) -- possible 7HKO

I mean this just speaks for itself.

Alright I gotta do a quick double post just cause my friend used this on me and I thought it was pretty cool.

Pokemon & Knuckles (Sandslash) @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Sand Rush
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Thief
- Natural Gift
- Earthquake
- Secret Power/Rock Slide/Sandstorm

Natural Gift is generally a really fun move, and with Liechi Berry is a 100BP Physical Grass move. Secert Power is to fish for the 30% Paralysis chance, Rock Slide gives better coverage, and Sandstorm is good with Adamant nature+Sand Rush.

Balanced Hackmons:

Deoxys (Defence Form)

Item -
Sitrus Berry

Ability -
Fur Coat

Move Set -
Cotton Guard
Amnesia
Seismic Toss
Recover

Brilliant Move set if you want to annoy your opponent, first set up Cotton Guard till 4x Defence, then Amnesia till 4x Sp Def, Use Recover when you drop to 50% HP, and Seismic Toss to do Dmg.
Seismic Toss is a great move to have for this set, even though Deoxys (Def Form) has low attack and Sp Atk, because it does Dmg equal to Level which in Hackmons is always gonna be 100.

The Sitrus will help if you drop below 50% HP.

HerooftheRealm98

Last edited:
do ROM sets count because this is really stupid but fun in averagemons

Marowak-Alola @ Choice Specs
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe (or however much speed creep you find appropriate)
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam / Icy Wind
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower / Shadow Ball / Hex

this allows you to switch in on most typical electric-type attackers and some fire types like Infernape and Volcarona and use what's for some reason one of the widest (useful) special movepools there is.

For maximum memes you could try putting it on a rain/hail team for accurate Thunder/Blizzard too.

I am not sure I've ever been enough to try this in an actual battle but for a STABmons set

Wormadam-Trash (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Doom Desire
- Tail Glow
- Substitute
- Bug Buzz

yeah.

I had a team for AG with like four quiver dance users and it had to be AG because three of them were Wormadam and all of them did surprising amounts of work depending on the matchup
Wormadam @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic
- Quiver Dance

Wormadam-Sandy @ Passho Berry
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Bug Buzz
- Electroweb
- Quiver Dance

Wormadam-Trash @ Buginium Z
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Quiver Dance

Put all three just because I know each will do more or less depending on the rest of the team and matchup and so on
Have fun

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Balanced Hackmons

Shedinja @ Normalium-Z
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Conversion
- Electrify
- Shell Smash

Go Ground, Electrify Any Attack, Boost, sweep. Electrify blocks Toxic, Leech Seed, and things like Infestation, while Shell Smash let’s you sweep. Thousand Arrows cannot be blocked by anything.

Balanced Hackmons

Shedinja @ Normalium-Z
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Conversion
- Electrify
- Shell Smash

Go Ground, Electrify Any Attack, Boost, sweep. Electrify blocks Toxic, Leech Seed, and things like Infestation, while Shell Smash let’s you sweep. Thousand Arrows cannot be blocked by anything.
is there any reason not to use any other pokemon?

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
is there any reason not to use any other pokemon?
Sturdy let’s it set up, only fast Ground types (Dugtrio) or Volt Absorb, etc. abilities Pokémon could take advantage of it the same way. Shedinja doesn’t have to worry about too many moves, and Electrify + Ground is better than Normalize because Electrify blocks more.
(Thunder Wave won’t hurt Ground types, yet Glare hurts Ghost types, hence Electrify is tested to block Toxic, Burn, etc. which are some of the few ways to even defeat Shedinja).

The reason not to use other Pokémon for this set is because Sturdinja is unique due to its 1 HP.

Flash (Slowbro-Galar) @ Quick Claw
Ability: Quick Draw
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch
- Shell Side Arm

basically, this guy, even if theyre slow, most of the time he can hit stuff. super fun to use for me to be honest, and its odd how many useful moves this one can use! brave nature cause the speed doesnt really matter! his name is flash just cause um zootopia has this sloth dude whos very slow but can be fast? i need a better name smh. replace the moves if you want, this one usually works for me in 1v1

Hatterene (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Power Whip
- Nuzzle/Psycho Cut
- Shadow Claw

With 252 EVs and Adamant, its attack actually goes up to 304 attack lol. Its pretty cool because it can use Nuzzle and paralyze to support or even outspeed to create a huge attacker. Trick Room would help if you run Psycho Cut.

I will probably use this as a meme in the UU ladder lol

This is a two part set that I use all the time in doubles but you could probably change it to work on any format with these pokemon.

Drunk on Vodka this is mandatory for it to work it is a shiny Spinda with contrary and then protect, assist, hypnosis, skill swap as well as holding a sash. Drunk on Vodka Protects first turn to stop fake outs then I use skill swap on its teammate hypnosis and assist are there for more trolling.

Part 2 of this set is any pokemon with stat lowering moves my favorite is Tonk the shiny Kommo-o with bulletproof and then poison jab, clanging scales, superpower, and close combat and is holding kommonium Z so the first turn I use clangorous soulblaze to get those boosts while Vodka uses protect then use poison jab the turn Vodka uses skill swap because he out speeds Vodka, then I can start boosting my stats even more.

Another set I run a lot is Hacks the shiny galarian slowbro there is a glitch in showdown National Dex ag where you can mega evolve G slowbro and so his ability is quick draw for that extra chance and his moves are curse, avalanche, earthquake, and rest. Curse makes him even tankier if he ever gets a status effect or is low I can use rest avalanche pairs well with something that can't die and earthquake is a good damaging move.

Mario60866iPod13

Banned deucer.
cm blissey is overpowered

Dragon Don't (Gyarados) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Hurricane
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

You thought your puny Skarmorys and Tangrowths could stop DD Gyarados in its tracks? Too bad for you, since this isn't physical! Set up the Sub to make everyone think you're Substitute Dragon Dance and shred the obvious switch-in. Flamethrower nabs the 2HKO on physdef Skarm and all Ferrothorn through leftovers, Ice Beam crushes Zygarde, and STAB Hurricane pummels Tangrowth while giving neutral coverage on Greninja-Ash. Even outside of Gen 1, Special Gyarados will crush your dreams.
I actually use a Special moveset on Gyarados in Platinum myself! It's got Hydro Pump, Fire Blast, Thunder, and Outrage (which is its only physical move). But then again in platinum I don't really EV train or go for competitive natures--i just have fun with the Pokemon I've been training since 2014. Same play style goes for Sapphire for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)