Shiny Rarity

4 generations of pokemon and not a single shiny outside of gsc red gyarados(er 3 i guess since there were no shinies in rby) I'm pretty annoyed since I've played through almost all of the games, and i still haven't found a single one of my own. I have about 2 boxes full of traded ones though...

Found a shiny dratini (modest) while fishing in the safari zone on lg. Hatched a shiny bagon (naughty) on ruby. Just recently found a shiny bonsly (naughty) in pearl.

I've played Pokemon for years, and the only Shiny I've legitamently caught was Red Gyarados. Oh wait, you mean it was programmed into the game? Damnit....

I've seen a bunch of Shiny Pokemon ingame... of course, they were owned by ****ing computers! That green Espeon pissed me off SO much I cut off my SP the moment I saw it.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I love to shiny-hunt whenever I have spare time, and I have a few good ones. They include:

3 Jolly, 1 Adamant and 1 Docile Shiny Larvitars
2 Adamant and 1 Lax Shiny Slakoth (one of the Adamant Slakoth can be used somewhat competitively)
3 Shiny Nosepass (one neutral natured but with good IVs and right Ability)
1 Adamant and 1 Bold Shiny Nincada (the Adamant one is usable competitively too)
1 Shiny Electrike (Got sick of chaining them because the animation was way, way too long :P)
1 Shiny Ditto (Got while Ditto IV harvesting)

Also, I got these without the PokeRadar technique:
Shiny Scorpi (while breeding in my JP Pearl)
Shiny Kangaskhan (bred from my Emerald, which I lost :[)
Shiny Pachisiru (accidently found while trying to chain Elekids for Electrizer in JP Pearl)

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Who is this guy, is he trustworthy, etc? I looked at the pdf, makes no sense to me :O
Well, as far as I know, he made the D/P Cheat Detector. If he managed to discover the algorithm for creation of a pokémon's data, then I believe he'd be able to discover the chained shiny ratio.

By the way, he's known here as LoadingNow.

Defeated: 8396
Caught: 645
Eggs: 1075
Fishing: 385
Encountered: Much, much more than the above combined.
Time: 375:13

Shinies: NONE. I am the unluckiest person in the world.

I have about 500 hours total, I caught a shiny sneasel in the wild, and in the same game file, while I was breeding sneasels, I got another shiny one with jolly nature and a 31 speed IV.

In Pearl, not one Shiny.

However, I have a shiny Slugma and a shiny Unown J from wandering around in FireRed. Both, let's say, very unusable in competitive play.

I have a shiny Roselia, modest, but with terrible IVs. My friend got a shiny golbat from Ruby. Oh, and I also got a shiny gengar.

I got a Shiny Shinx on my first wild encounter after getting the explanation from Dawn lol.

Otherwise, LG shiny Caterpie and Deoxys, both lost T_T

In 80 hours of play on Diamond I have managed to catch a shiny ponyta (just random!) and a shiny absol (poke radar).

I'd have to say im pretty lucky

Sapphire (+300 hours):
Shiny Zubat, Duskull and Zigzagoon. I have to check if Duskull is worth something, I recall it was Relaxed...

Diamond (80 hours):
Shiny Raticate. This one was pretty funny, I was going to start a chain of whatever appeared first, and the very first sparkling grass I stepped on had a shiny Raticate waiting for me.

In all of my games I have gotten shiny Donphan, and shiny Crobat. Have logged only 20 hrs in my diamond and 150+ hrs in Sapphire, 5 hrs in emerald, 22 hrs in FR, 18 hrs in LG.

Currents shinies: spinda,arbok,steelix.

Ive also seen a shiny linoone(in sapphire) and tentacool. In gsc i had an ACTUAL red gyrados, i caught it at level 14, in the same lake you find that lvl 30 one. I really want a shiny arcanine, but im an epic fail at chaining.

At first I thought this thread was just going to be full of rants as to why people didn't have many shinies.

And I was right, until I read they part about the Pokeradar. I'm really glad I read that now, or else I would've never found out about the cap.

I always would try to chain higher if I didn't get results as fast as I wanted at forty...and I believe me, I was patient. Now I won't risk breaking a chain once I get to forty!

Oh, and I have lots of shinies. Most of them I got were obtained through soft resetting. Like my Shiny Jolly Rayquaza, my shiny Timid Charizard, AND my shiny Modest Dialga.

I have plenty of shinies thanks to the Pokeradar. A few of them have good stats and natures too.

I have Shiny Floatzel (not any good ones yet though)
Shiny Starly
Shiny Baltoy (good stats and nature!)
Shiny Bronzor (terrible stats and nature. I'll be going for another one later)

Really, Pokeradar chaining isn't so hard if you are extremely cautious. Even so, it's very irritating and time consuming, but is almost guaranteed to net you a shiny if you get the chain past 40.

Hi, i dont really know all about shinies yet but i think i got some very interesting fact. i think that we are able to get legit pokemon with 6 perfect ivs and/or shiny with same talent. my friends has got 5 shinies (magnemite/modest,magikarp/quirky,larvitar/hardy,gloom/modest,nincada/adamant) from 'certain' pokemon game legally and all of its iv are perfect 6 flawless 31 ivs (that makes me think in this 'certain' game any shiny will have all 6 perfect ivs). also in that game hes managed to breed 2-3 pokes with 2 of the got 6 flawless ivs and the other one was swampert with 5 flawless ivs and 30 ivs on the oter stat (note that my friend doesnt use any form of hack, cheat, glitch, bug or anything), and after combining some facts thru my friends experience and serebii.net data and of course smogon data, i think i already find the way to get a perfect 6 ivs pokemon or shiny (which will get 6 perfect ivs automatically) with desirable nature, trait, and egg moves, although the process will be quite very long as it will depends on luck too. now im trying to get a shiny bagon with dragon dance and hydro pump as egg moves (havent decide yet if i want modest for specsmence or adamant for ddmence, or even rash for mixmence). wish me luck guys, as this will be the third step i take to make my project complete and i promised to share my secret if i succeed, so.... wish me luck :naughty:

If your friend really did breed that much, then fair play to him. But I find it very hard to believe he's got more than 1 pokemon that's shiny and 6 flawless IVs. I caught a Weezing once with 31s across the board, but that was lost in the ether of my Sapphire and Box..

Anyway shinies! I like chaining for shinies using the PokeRadar. So far I've only got a Dunsparce that way, but I still get some good chains going. I've got numerous shinies from previous games and through trades:

Camerupt (Bluenumel) lvl 54 Bold Nature
Exeggutor lvl 26 Sassy Nature
Bagon lvl 5 Modest Nature
Swablu lvl 16 Modest Nature
Porygon Z lvl 46 Hasty Nature
Sceptile lvl 43 Naughty Nature
Metagross lvl 46 Impish Nature
Steelix lvl 19 Sassy Nature
Dugtrio (Nesslie) lvl 53 Relaxed Nature
Gyarados lvl 36 Quiet Nature
Vileplume lvl 29 Bold Nature
Linoone lvl 51 Gentle Nature
Paras lvl 10 Hardy Nature
Leafeon lvl 72 Jolly Nature
Breloom lvl 63 Jolly Nature

oh and one more fact about diamond/pearl shiny. my friend got an elder brother, and this guy one day find a shiny geodude in the grass and because it happens that im with him that day, he shows me the geodude. next, because at that time i know nothing about shiny, i just envy him for getting one (although me myself got one few days before, a snover). now for the interesting fact, he didnt save and soft resetting instead, so of course he didnt caught that shiny geodude. after soft resetting, he fought some wild pokemon looking for a shiny while counting the numbers of pokemon he met during the process. after he found a shiny (it was about 30+ encounter), he soft resetted again and fought some more wild pokemons up to one pokemon before supposed shiny pokemon and save the game. after that he goes to where regigigas is and fought it AND HE SHOWED ME A PURPLE SHINY REGIGIGAS @_@. after that he goes to azelf and do the same thing (show me a shiny azelf). im not really sure because theres alot of people says that they keep soft resetting until find shiny dialga or something, but if shiny encounter was certain for every XX number then soft resetting would be useless (except for starters which because it will create a new game and trainer id), at least in diamond/pearl. i havent tested this one yet because as far as we all know, finding shiny thru normal encounter (not pokeradar) will takes quite a luck (i myself already played pearl for 550+ hours and only find 3 shiny thru normal encounter which are snover, unown, and koffing), but if i already found out, ill share this one to u guys too, that if im lucky enough to find another shiny without the pokeradar ^^!

Uh oh, somebody here is lying quite a lot.

Back on topic, i've seen/caught myself these shinys:

Rattata in silver (Just seen, turned the game off, I thought it was some kind of glitch >_>)
Shiny pidgey in crystal. I just started a new game and that guy appeared
Poliwhirl in Fire Red. It was on one of the islands, iirc
Golbat in saphire. I was trying to get adamant hariyama in victory road, and it appeared.

Also, got a lot of them from trades, some of which are also good in natures and IV's (Sassy Chansey, Brave Shuppet) or atleast usable (Impish Heracross with 26 Attack). Also, got 2 legit Shiny Deoxyses, traded one for a legit Darkrai

I've encountered two shinies in Crystal: shiny Gyarados and shiny Golbat. In the 3th and 4th gen I've never encountered a shiny. But wi-fi helpes me alot and now I have about 20 shinies.

shiny Bluba/Ivy/Venussaur, shiny Charmander/meleon/izard, shiny Pika/Raichu, shiny Voltorb, shiny Wishcash, shiny Swablu, shiny Beldum, shiny Riolu, shiny Eevee, shiny vapor/jolt/flareon, shiny Tyranitar, shiny Gengar, shiny Deoxys

Dissapointly my wi-fi connection is death so I can't trade anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)