Gen 6 Silly things on the Ubers ladder that just HAPPENED to screw you over

This happened in the Tournaments Room but it is so random that it deserves to be posted.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-252080120
Basically I face somebody who thinks this a UU tour and brought his UU team. Ironicially he made it to Top 16 because he beat an OU Team with 5 Pokemon and in the 2nd round his opponent did not respond. On top of that he said his team was UU when he had a JIRACHI on his team. He has been OU for a long time.
He also trash talked throughout the entire battle which made it more interesting.
Anyway the let's start talking about the battle. I start out taking out Machamp and Infernape out easily.
Noivern takes out Giratina-O. I send out Arceus who gets Jirachi with Earthquake. But then Noivern decides to trick it's Choice Scarf on my +2 Arceus. Vaporeon burns my Mega Kangaskhan with Scald. I still managed to win I was able to get on a roll with Arceus Extreme Speed late in the match.
That was probably my most embarrassing battle I ever faced in Ubers.
I did make some mistakes but it just blows my mind how this happened in a tour in the 3rd round.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-252778501
Because nobody else has posted I will put this one here as well. Basically I face a Cosmic Power Arceus that almost screwed me over but I just happen to get a crit on the last possible turn. That crit saved me from being sweeped by Sword Dance Cosmic Power Arceus.

Last edited:
This happened in the Tournaments Room but it is so random that it deserves to be posted.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-252080120
Basically I face somebody who thinks this a UU tour and brought his UU team. Ironicially he made it to Top 16 because he beat an OU Team with 5 Pokemon and in the 2nd round his opponent did not respond. On top of that he said his team was UU when he had a JIRACHI on his team. He has been OU for a long time.
He also trash talked throughout the entire battle which made it more interesting.
Anyway the let's start talking about the battle. I start out taking out Machamp and Infernape out easily.
Noivern takes out Giratina-O. I send out Arceus who gets Jirachi with Earthquake. But then Noivern decides to trick it's Choice Scarf on my +2 Arceus. Vaporeon burns my Mega Kangaskhan with Scald. I still managed to win I was able to get on a roll with Arceus Extreme Speed late in the match.
That was probably my most embarrassing battle I ever faced in Ubers.
I did make some mistakes but it just blows my mind how this happened in a tour in the 3rd round.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-252778501
Because nobody else has posted I will put this one here as well. Basically I face a Cosmic Power Arceus that almost screwed me over but I just happen to get a crit on the last possible turn. That crit saved me from being sweeped by Sword Dance Cosmic Power Arceus.
I don't understand -- you had a Giratina? Espeed was his only attacking move...

I don't understand -- you had a Giratina? Espeed was his only attacking move...
Your right. I was not thinking about that at all. I went into my mentality of assuming Arceus has coverage but it did not coverage after all. I did have Dragon Tail on Gira-O too so I would have checked this Arceus anyway. But the way this battle came out was pretty funny since I got a critical hit on the last possible turn for Arceus. Next time I face this set I will switch to Gira-O.

Don't have the replay but I lost to a Xeneas who had this set:

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: ?????
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Block
- Rest

And of course he traps my attack-less Skarmory with it :/ Seriosly, wtf is this?

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Don't have the replay but I lost to a Xeneas who had this set:

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: ?????
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Block
- Rest

And of course he traps my attack-less Skarmory with it :/ Seriosly, wtf is this?
It's actually a kinda well-known / common-ish (common isn't really the right word, it exists and sees some usage), though borderline gimmicky Geoxern set that is used to set up on specific mons (especially stuff like Support Arceus, Klefki, etc. common mons on bulky teams).

It's actually a kinda well-known / common-ish (common isn't really the right word, it exists and sees some usage), though borderline gimmicky Geoxern set that is used to set up on specific mons (especially stuff like Support Arceus, Klefki, etc. common mons on bulky teams).
Oh. Well it was my first time seeing it (and it wasn't in the Smogon dex) so I thought it was weird and deserved a mention.

I felt sharing this.

Luckily I didn't get screwed up in this battle but my opponent got a bit salty after I won a speed tie with my Darkrai against my opponent's one. I was having fun on the ladder with James Jimmy and I was using standard HO but I replaced Deoxys-Speed with Gothitelle. Gothitelle being useless as always on the ladder I decided to hop on the ladder with five 'mons - without Gothitelle. hyw's favourite EKiller (adamant life orb with recover) came through after Darkrai and Mega-Salamence did a severe amount of damage against my opponent.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-292255290

Last edited:

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi guys, I would like to share this replay with you.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-288288066

So yeah I got 4 times frozen by Ice Beam and my Klefki lost 1v1 against lugia because he got 9 turns frozen solid.

Depressing.
Read the rules in the OP pls:

- No hax is to be used in here. ANYTHING anywhere can beat you via hax, and we want to know about movesets, not hax, so no stupid Swagplay Klefkis and stuff like that please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)