Silly Things You Have Seen On the Ubers Ladder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandstorm inst bad lol. Espeon isnt stupid, its just stupid in a team that already has a spinner. I admit that thundurus outside of rain and sheer force landorus arent the best choices but neither of them are ''silly'' enough to justify posting in this thread.

That's absolutely false. Sand is a perfectly fine playstyle, in fact, Sand Excadrill is arguably the best spinner in the metagame and Tyranitar is one of the most anti-metagame mons atm. (Hippo is cool too)

To respond to all of these: I think that sand is really bad because essentially, the weather starter you run isn't for anything else but the weather. That isn't true if you run Kyogre/Groudon, though. I think we should stop debating this, make a new thread if you want to debate about sandstorm.

Just faced a Blissey/Zoroark/Walrein/Latios/Tyranitar/Blaziken team.
Walrein had Rollout. Latios knew Outrage. And there was a ChestoRest Blaziken with Earthquake.

Mind you, these were on the same team.

Bug Bite/EQ/Rapid Spin/Sandstorm Forretress. Dat 90 base attack.

Toxic Spikes Nidoking. Forry/Nidoqueen anyone?

Dig Gastrodon. The funny thing was that he used dig against a Groudon, and was immediately OHKOed by EQ.

To respond to all of these: I think that sand is really bad because essentially, the weather starter you run isn't for anything else but the weather. That isn't true if you run Kyogre/Groudon, though. I think we should stop debating this, make a new thread if you want to debate about sandstorm.
Excadrill is one of the best sweepers in the tier, Ttar is extremely underrated as a lead, and even a CB user, and Hippo is an excellent physical wall thanks to Slack Off, being able to counter even stuff like ExtremeKiller Arceus and Groudon itself. Sand is not bad in any way, shape or form and if you think otherwise, you're probably using it wrong.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-53647234

So a guy was talking about using Dugtrio in Ubers and I said that it didn't have too much use outside of hurting Dialga & Zekrom. I said that Dugtrio didn't have much of a niche so after a little bit of time of talking about it, I asked him to go onto the Ubers ladder to battle a guy. This is the log that happened.

Summary of the silly things that happened for the people who don't wish to see the log:
Judgement + Extremespeed Arceus Normal
Dragon Claw Arceus Ghost
Fusion Bolt Zekrom (Had it over Bolt Strike on a Scarf set because he didn't want to miss Bolt Strike. Risk vs Reward I guess :/. This could also be an overreaction on my end. :P)
and this gem:

I just had someone Baton Pass +6 Speed from a Ninjask to... You guessed it, Lugia! It had the world famous set of Toxic, Roost, Whirlwind, and HP Fire, with a Rocky Helmet and Pressure. It was pretty legit, doing 23% to my Ferrothorn and 3% to my Kabutops. When you let your opponent set up SR, 3 layers of Spikes, AND Spin against something at +6 Speed, you know you're doing something wrong. The next match, I encountered a Bug Gem Genesect. You have no idea how good that Bug Gem Genesect looked in comparison.

Tyranitar beats lead Deoxys-S, Hippo walls many physical threats and Excadrill is the best spinner right now due to its huge base attack stat and access to Swords Dance which puts a lot of pressure on spin blockers like Giratina-O and Arceus-Ghost.

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
just started playing some ubers and ran into a guy with a flame orb facade zoroark with rest and sleep talk. he also had it disguised as a groudon.

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

Start of turn 15
Christopher Wallace's Giratina-O used Shadow Sneak!
It's super effective!
Shugoice's Latias lost 58% of its health!
Jessie J: and ubers to

Shugoice's Latias used Hyper Beam!
It had no effect on Christopher Wallace's Giratina-O!

Dallasboi, that battle is so terribad it hurts. Awesome find.

Personal highlights:
-Mega Kick Deoxys-A.
-Fly Kyurem-B- Really? It's Ice Beam won't hit Grass Types hard enough?
-Absorb Bulb + Giga Drain Lugia. Needs no explanation :)

So many gems in this battle. More than I'm willing to count really.

I played a kid last night who decided it would be a brilliant idea to use

1.) double team Musharna
2.) sleep talk ferroseed
3.) minimize chansey
Needless to say, I 6-0'd him with ho-oh sacred fire alone and his response was. "hiw did u hit me everytime w/ sacred fire u fukin haxor. im reporting you."

I lost faith in the world after that match.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Aron without Sandstorm, Drain Punch/Poison Jab Mewtwo, Linoone, Level 1 Berry Juice Sturdy Recycle Magnemite, Aerial Ace Genesect, and a dude using Fusion Bolt on a dedicated Special Garchomp with Whirlpool. Top tier threats, all in a single battle. Oh don't forget about Enigma Berry Uxie, the star of another battle where it set up dual screens.

Aron without Sandstorm, Drain Punch/Poison Jab Mewtwo, Linoone, Level 1 Berry Juice Sturdy Recycle Magnemite, Aerial Ace Genesect, and a dude using Fusion Bolt on a dedicated Special Garchomp with Whirlpool. Top tier threats, all in a single battle. Oh don't forget about Enigma Berry Uxie, the star of another battle where it set up dual screens.
Aron without Sandstorm?

Reminds me of one of the other "Silly Things" threads, where I saw a FEAR Aron that... didn't quite understand the prerequisites. It was alone on a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)