Singles Victim of the Week [Current Victim: Landorus-T] ~ VOTING ~

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Voting for PikachuCandyツ because not only is it good at stalling at loads of things, but it's also great for countering stall as well, since after the toxic orb activates it's a great switch-in to status moves.

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
(Currently overseas on a public PC)

PikachuCandyツ

Pretty much the previous two voters have said most things I wanted to say…
Gliscor is the perfect counter to Landorus-T except the rare 1.6% which are similar to NOVED’s HP Ice set.
From personal experience, I have ran into a Lando-T’s or two in the past with Toxic and no HP Ice set, that’s why I vote on Gliscor over Chesnaught.
It would suck having to take a Toxic from Lando-T since Chesnaught is also naturally slower which means it will get stalled out.
Gliscor won't be fearing the Swords Dance variants of Lando-T's either because Ice Fang will be doing too much damage before it gets KO'ed
Also just tap Brave Bird to deal with Chesnaught

I vote for Pyritie Bowser will wall usage Lando-T every single time. As for the little shout out from cant say , Thanks! :)
I'd like to add on the team I used that Swampert set (my set had different evs and Roar over Yawn), Cresselia was my go to anti Lando/Chomp mon! And as such is why I mentioned it in a nomination post during this cycle too. But Chesnaught is too cool to not vote for sorry DragonWhale (cool in design and viability)

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Misaka Mikoto, it was a toss up between her and PikachuCandy as I like both Venusaur and Gliscor. The tiebreaker for me is that the Gliscor set is more tailored specifically for Landorus-T whereas Venusaur is more general and needs more love in this meta.

On second thought, I am going with PikachuCandyツ just because Gliscor is so good atm. I find it hard to win when I don't use him on my team. The specific moves you use, whether it is Ice Fang or Guillotine or Toxic, don't really matter because there is pretty much nothing Landorus-T can do to you. Sorry Luci still love you babe~

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
I think someone just has a bias towards Guillotine.

Going to go with DragonWhale myself, haven't seen a lot of Cresselia lately and it's a fun Pokemon that really likes that Levitate to shield it from the common Earthquakes around, forcing Landorus-T to play a bit more carefully on Scarf sets. Knock Off and U-turn are annoying but it's nothing Moonlight can't fix. Toxic is also nice for other walls, too. Shame that its Psychic typing is such huge bait for stuff like Hydreigon and Aegislash that Landorus-T can U-turn into but Cresselia still has some neat options beyond that set.

chuckaboomboom

I believe I can HM02
Voting for NOVED

HP Ice Lando-T actually got some usage in Japan's VGC nationals I think. It's completely unexpected and about as good as it gets in terms of surprising opposing Lando-T.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
note: response to deleted post

hey there! just thought I'd let you know that it's against the rules of the forum to post in a thread that's had no replies for more than a month. given that this one's been inactive for more than a year, i'd say you're well over the limit :/ as for your check to landorus-t, it has a lot of issues with beating this pokemon for a number of reasons:

• jolly landorus-t actually outspeeds modest volcarona, as do choice scarf landorus variants;
  • pretty much every landorus runs a rock move or some description, with even the weakest ones being able to pick up a one-hit KO (252 Atk Landorus-T Smack Down vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 176-208 (109.3 - 129.1%));
  • 252+ SpA Volcarona Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Landorus-T: 128-152 (77.5 - 92.1%).
it can beat variants that don't run jolly, or choice scarf, or assault vest, but the vast majority of landorus have one or more of these traits. defensive landorus variants like the rocky helmet sets seen in ou have little to no presence in battle spot due to the lesser importance of stealth rock in 3v3.

edit: according to battlespotstats.com, a total of 59% of all landorus run either assault vest, choice scarf, or focus sash. they probably overlap, but about 18% also run speed-boosting natures.

Last edited:
hey there! just thought I'd let you know that it's against the rules of the forum to post in a thread that's had no replies for more than a month. given that this one's been inactive for more than a year, i'd say you're well over the limit :/ as for your check to landorus-t, it has a lot of issues with beating this pokemon for a number of reasons:

• jolly landorus-t actually outspeeds modest volcarona, as do choice scarf landorus variants;
  • pretty much every landorus runs a rock move or some description, with even the weakest ones being able to pick up a one-hit KO (252 Atk Landorus-T Smack Down vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 176-208 (109.3 - 129.1%));
  • 252+ SpA Volcarona Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Landorus-T: 128-152 (77.5 - 92.1%).
it can beat variants that don't run jolly, or choice scarf, or assault vest, but the vast majority of landorus have one or more of these traits. defensive landorus variants like the rocky helmet sets seen in ou have little to no presence in battle spot due to the lesser importance of stealth rock in 3v3.
Sorry, I didn't actually paid attention to the date. Do you want me to delete this or something?

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
it's fine. worst that'll happen is a mod will come along and lock the thread. expect a warning though. the rules of this forum can be found here :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)