ORAS UU Skeptics and True Believers

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion

Introduction

Hello everyone, I am user: Wanka. This is my second UU RMT in 3 months and I really wanted to get this one out there because ORAS is winding down and I thought I'd share one of my more successful teams and favorite teams I have built. I've only been using it for about a month, but I've been spamming it a whole lot whether it be room tours or just ladder play. I also used it against hamhamhamham in the first round of UU majors playoffs in which I picked up a 2-0 series win using it in both games. I got kinda lucky when I was looking at replays because I had already built it and it had a good match up against everything he was using so I just rolled with it. But yeah lets get into it (:

I wanted to use colbur CM cress because I had used it on a team Killintime gave me and it was fucking retarded. It's such a nice mid to late game wincon against both offensive and bulkier teams.

I like having an anti meta balance breaker whenever I use more balance oriented teams like this one to give me an inherent edge against other balance teams. SD gatr was a the perfect mon for that. Hadn't used it in awhile either and wanted to see how it would do in the meta.

Bulky wish sylveon is a staple on any balance build. passes wishes and heals status which is actually rlly nice because it lets me play aggressive with gatr earlier in games knowing if i catch a toxic or even a burn from something I can heal it off.

obliga mega aero for speed control and a check for offense. Arguably the best mon in the tier and it never dissapoints.

Escav is generally a mon that shines with the right support and I thought I had the right support in place so I gave it a shot. I needed something reliable to check celebi since bi is borked. you can trap it if u want to or set up if ur opp has nothing for it. Also really nice to have it trapping abilities for shit like mega bee, which annoys the fuck out of the team at a glance.

needed hazard control and tenta was the only spinner that could someway fit into the team. t spikes support helps out aero and gatr. also my way of checking other tenta's and empoleon's cus scald.

TEAM

Cresselia @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Motivation was again, from my man Killintime. Cresselia in general acts kind of as an "everything check" since its natural bulk and HP are massive. Colbur focuses a bit more on sweeping as you sacrifice leftovers, but it still does blanket check a lot of mons and sweep/lure at the same time. Colbur helps u take on krookodile and hydreigon while the speed creep lets you out speed jolly crawdaunt. Other notable mons you outspeed that i guess are somewhat important are modest specs sylveon and most suicune sets. Offensive cm sets will probably beat you but Crocune doesn't really run more than 96 speed so u should be good there.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet

From what I remember using gatr earlier in ORAS, SD sets would generally run more bulk in terms of evs so I thought I would do the same. I also have more room to do so since I have support around it to check things that threaten it. 56 HP doesn't seem like a lot but every little bit helps, and again, I have room to sacrifice some speed so I might as well. I liked the though of using SD as well because it let me run use an adamant nature which is nice for just spamming unboosted waterfalls which are still really powerful even without a boost.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Physically defensive sylveon is again, a staple for balance oriented teams like this. Being able to pass wishes to escav, gatr, and tenta is extremely helpful as it lets me play more aggressively with them in the earlier stages of the game. Setting up with respects to gatr and escav, and spinning/setting up t spikes with respect to tentacruel. Heal bell also helps escav and gatr if they get inflicted with status early in the game if I play aggressive. Really pleased with the drop of this mon overall as both specs and bulky sets have done me well.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Mega aero fit right in on the team to help with speed control and a check for offense. The set isn't too tricky except for the fact that this is my rocker. I was skeptical about it at first just like many would probably be since there are better moves to use, but it actually hasn't been that bad because it does force a lot of switches so there are opportunities to set them up throughout battles. Almost acts as somewhat of a lure rocker as I've noticed in some games.

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Atk / 140 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

Bulky spD escav, like I said, can be very good and provide loads of utility when given the right support. The teams backbone and cleric support from sylveon give it that support it needs to be effective. Another mon I like to play aggressive with early in battles because I know I have that support in the back. Escav is my primary celebi check as I can either trap it or set up in its face. Kinda annoying that certain builds have to resort to this thing to check that clown, but w/e it's still good anyways. Mega beedrill is also quite annoying when you look at my team and escav is really nice to have to be able to take advantage of it u turning around.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Acid Spray

Semi speedy tentacruel fit in the last slot for hazard control and added hazard support in toxic spikes. evs are customized to maximize bulk while still being able to outspeed plus speed natured base 80's. Some mons off the top of my head include Mamoswine and Chandelure. I still run scald rather than hydro because as dumb as it sounds, being able to burn other tentacruel's and empoleon's go a really long way. Acid spray helps me force cune out if I need to but cune isn't hard to wear down between gatr and escav as long as the water isn't too hot.

THREATS

specs and lefties variants are harder to deal with rather than something like scarf. specs nukes my whole team and lefties variants are just annoying as hell. can be handled with rocks pressure and good use of both water types.

annoying for most balance teams to deal with. Syvleon kinda walls it but doesn't like getting its item knocked off. cress can lure it if an opponent relies on krook as their only cress check.

really have to play carefully around this one. tentacruel is not a good answer on its own. rocks being up are very helpful since it cant really get in on anything without getting worn down quickly. Good thing sylveon has protect and sacred fire only has 8 pp.

Like krook, hydrei is going to be annoying for most balance builds to deal with. colbur cress can take it out at +1, neutral moonblast does enough to put it in range of aero as well. scarf sets aren't an issue.

Dumb annoying to handle. When it's on offensive teams, it can be manageable since it really isn't difficult to chip it down, but with something like wish support it's a lot harder.

VOLT TURN: I don't have a ground immunity so it makes shit like rotom mow really obnoxious. my way of handling shit like mowtom and something like heliolisk is getting rocks up and getting pursuit damage on them with escav. Aero takes it from there. One alone can't break through the team, but both together can be pretty annoying. good thing it's uncommon as fuck rn.

Cresselia @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Acid Spray

Hope u like it ;w;

Last edited:
Wanka, I really like your team. I really liked the how it's looking overall and your replays are solid proofs that it works really well.

I noted serious flaws versus a lot of teams. Hone Claws + Crunch Mega Aerodactyl is not common but it's really dangerous since it 6x0es your team is Feraligatr is weakened enough, and Colbur Cresselia is not a solid answer since it can't touch Mega Aerodactyl effectively. You must set Stealth Rock on the field if your opponent has Entei too, but Mega Aerodactyl isn't the best Stealth Rock setter since it's easily pressured by a huge amount of threats actually, like Krookodile and Hydreigon. So that's why I suggest you to replace Swords Dance Feraligatr with Swampert. SD Gatr might be a win condition in a lot of games, but it's really easily pressured by a ton of Pokémon actually. Swampert removes Entei and Doublade from your threatlist since it can easily switch in Steel- and Fire-types, and if you're not running Swampert you musk sack something to switch-in Sacred Fire or Shadow Claw/Iron Head, what's really bad. Swampert is a nice Pokémon to switch-in Volt Switch from Mega Ampharos (that looks really annoying) and Rotom-Heat, so it improves your matchup versus VoltTurn teams.

With Swampert, you don't need Stealth Rock on Mega Aerodactyl anymore. I recommend replacing it with either Roost or Aqua Tail, since your team is really weak to Krookodile and Aqua Tail helps you with this weakness, but Roost is useful when you're facing a Pokémon that you are sure that isn't staying in like Entei and Celebi. I recommend you to change your Tentacruel EV Spread too. 232 HP / 192 Spe / 8 SpA / 76 Def with a Timid Nature is the best EV Spread right now since it allows you to guarantee a 2HKO on Entei, hit a HP number that helps you to decrease the Burn damage and outspeed Pokémon up to Krookodile while you're still checking Pokémon that you checked before such as Cobalion and Sylveon. Outspeeding Mamoswine isn't a thing right now, and you have Cresselia so there's no reason to not run this EV Spread.

Cresselia @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail / Roost

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

EVs: 232 HP / 76 Def / 8 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Acid Spray

Edit: Killintime haven't rated this
(party)

Last edited:

sniperr

Pineapples don't belong on pizza
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey wanka! I like the general concept of this team so I would like to help!

Let us begin with your threat list: Hydreigon, entei, Krook, Doublade. I know exactly what you mean by how problematic these mons can be and I believe I have a bit of a solution to help ease the amount of pressure on you.
  1. My First Suggestion would be removing Mega aero from this team. It is a fast speed control mon, but giving it rocks really limits its coverage and versatility. This type of team I believe will benefit from a defensive rocker alot better such as Spd forry. It checks Fairies, and still have the bulk to Check other physical mons such as mega aero, mega bee, ect. Since I'm also considering removing Escavalier in light of this and adding another mega. (sets will be given at the end).
  2. Since I have added A steel type, it only makes since to Remove another. But before I do that, I have decided to put on a mega scept. I'm aware of your volt weakness, so adding mega sceptile here would not only make it less obnoxious, but also give you very solid speed control as well, especially vs lo hydreigon, and krookodile.
  3. Lastly, I would like to replace tentacruel for a scarf chandelure. With the combination I have in mind, I thought that giving you extra speed control, and a mon that makes entei think twice before clicking sacred fire. For example, It it switches in on sylveon, all you have to do is click protect to scout, and play accordingly. It is also very nice for keeping celebi in check. As for as handling doublade, I simply think you should keep it healthy and use gator to crunch it down.
  4. in Closing, there are many ways to go about this, but i hope my edits shed light on things.
Sets here: Forretress with 240 hp 16 def 252 Spd. Move set: Toxic (For non sub cress, for chandelure switches), Heavy Slam, Stealth Rocks, Rapid Spin

Chandelure: Choice scarf 252 Special attack 252 Speed timid (modest optional). Move Set: Fire Blast, Shadow Ball, Trick, Energy Ball/Flamethrower/memento

Mega Sceptile: 252 Special Attack 252 Speed timid/modest. Move set: Dragon Pulse, Protect (beats gyarados, scouts Entei), Leaf Storm, Giga Drain.

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/AdJfeh1w

I also Created a secondary option similiar to highways. But I won't post it because the only real difference is tentacruels Evs, swampert over gator, and pursuit on Aero for the freed stealth rock slot. I hope i at least helped.

Last edited:

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Wanka, I really like your team. I really liked the how it's looking overall and your replays are solid proofs that it works really well.

I noted serious flaws versus a lot of teams. Hone Claws + Crunch Mega Aerodactyl is not common but it's really dangerous since it 6x0es your team is Feraligatr is weakened enough, and Colbur Cresselia is not a solid answer since it can't touch Mega Aerodactyl effectively. You must set Stealth Rock on the field if your opponent has Entei too, but Mega Aerodactyl isn't the best Stealth Rock setter since it's easily pressured by a huge amount of threats actually, like Krookodile and Hydreigon. So that's why I suggest you to replace Swords Dance Feraligatr with Swampert. SD Gatr might be a win condition in a lot of games, but it's really easily pressured by a ton of Pokémon actually. Swampert removes Entei and Doublade from your threatlist since it can easily switch in Steel- and Fire-types, and if you're not running Swampert you musk sack something to switch-in Sacred Fire or Shadow Claw/Iron Head, what's really bad. Swampert is a nice Pokémon to switch-in Volt Switch from Mega Ampharos (that looks really annoying) and Rotom-Heat, so it improves your matchup versus VoltTurn teams.

With Swampert, you don't need Stealth Rock on Mega Aerodactyl anymore. I recommend replacing it with either Roost or Aqua Tail, since your team is really weak to Krookodile and Aqua Tail helps you with this weakness, but Roost is useful when you're facing a Pokémon that you are sure that isn't staying in like Entei and Celebi. I recommend you to change your Tentacruel EV Spread too. 232 HP / 192 Spe / 8 SpA / 76 Def with a Timid Nature is the best EV Spread right now since it allows you to guarantee a 2HKO on Entei, hit a HP number that helps you to decrease the Burn damage and outspeed Pokémon up to Krookodile while you're still checking Pokémon that you checked before such as Cobalion and Sylveon. Outspeeding Mamoswine isn't a thing right now, and you have Cresselia so there's no reason to not run this EV Spread.

Cresselia @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail / Roost

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

EVs: 232 HP / 76 Def / 8 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Acid Spray

Edit: Killintime haven't rated this
(party)
Hey wanka! I like the general concept of this team so I would like to help!

Let us begin with your threat list: Hydreigon, entei, Krook, Doublade. I know exactly what you mean by how problematic these mons can be and I believe I have a bit of a solution to help ease the amount of pressure on you.
  1. My First Suggestion would be removing Mega aero from this team. It is a fast speed control mon, but giving it rocks really limits its coverage and versatility. This type of team I believe will benefit from a defensive rocker alot better such as Spd forry. It checks Fairies, and still have the bulk to Check other physical mons such as mega aero, mega bee, ect. Since I'm also considering removing Escavalier in light of this and adding another mega. (sets will be given at the end).
  2. Since I have added A steel type, it only makes since to Remove another. But before I do that, I have decided to put on a mega scept. I'm aware of your volt weakness, so adding mega sceptile here would not only make it less obnoxious, but also give you very solid speed control as well, especially vs lo hydreigon, and krookodile.
  3. Lastly, I would like to replace tentacruel for a scarf chandelure. With the combination I have in mind, I thought that giving you extra speed control, and a mon that makes entei think twice before clicking sacred fire. For example, It it switches in on sylveon, all you have to do is click protect to scout, and play accordingly. It is also very nice for keeping celebi in check. As for as handling doublade, I simply think you should keep it healthy and use gator to crunch it down.
  4. in Closing, there are many ways to go about this, but i hope my edits shed light on things.
Sets here: Forretress with 240 hp 16 def 252 Spd. Move set: Toxic (For non sub cress, for chandelure switches), Heavy Slam, Stealth Rocks, Rapid Spin

Chandelure: Choice scarf 252 Special attack 252 Speed timid (modest optional). Move Set: Fire Blast, Shadow Ball, Trick, Energy Ball/Flamethrower/memento

Mega Sceptile: 252 Special Attack 252 Speed timid/modest. Move set: Dragon Pulse, Protect (beats gyarados, scouts Entei), Leaf Storm, Giga Drain.

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/AdJfeh1w

I also Created a secondary option similiar to highways. But I won't post it because the only real difference is tentacruels Evs, swampert over gator, and pursuit on Aero for the freed stealth rock slot. I hope i at least helped.
Made 2 seperate teams with each of the suggestions you guys made and I've really enjoyed using them both so far. Thanks doods

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)