ORAS OU Sloowwwwbraaahhhh (OU Balanced Semi Stall)

I thought it was time to make a team around my favorite pokemon of all time, the world famous Slowbro. Slowbros mega is incredibly bulky and after a couple Calm Minds good luck. He lends himself perfectly to a balanced and semi-stall team. Let's go

The Team
IMG_0083.PNG IMG_0084.PNG IMG_0086.PNG IMG_0087.PNG IMG_0088.PNG IMG_0089.PNG

Slowbro

IMG_0083.PNG
Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

First, the reason I made this team, Mega-Slowbro. Slowbro is incredibly bulky, even more so after a few calm minds, not to mention the offensive presence he gains. Once his checks and countered are eliminated he's good to boost and sweep. Before that he comes in, doesn't mega evolve, and abuses scald. He obviously has big trouble with status so Magic Guard Clefable and Heatran help out there. He's my primary wincon on this team and he does a damn good job at it.

Tornadous-Therian

IMG_0084.PNG

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Tornadus-Therian has fantastic synergy with Mega-Slowbro and deals with a lot of pokemon Slowbro has trouble with. Not to mention the regenerator core it forms. Tornadus makes quick work of Serperior, Mega-Venusaur, Ferrothorn, and other grass types Slowbro has trouble with. His speed makes him my main way to deal with offensive teams. Every turn he's in he does something with either a powerful Hurricane, a timely Knock Off, or a U-turn bringing another pokemon in for for free. Just overall a great pokemon.

Tyranitar

IMG_0086.PNG

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

Who doesn't love Scarftar? Tyranitar takes care of Mega-Charizard Y who the rest of my team hates. He can do well against certain electric types which my team also hates and he just annoys offensive teams in general. He can pursuit pretty much everything worth pursuiting and of course predict a crunch if they don't expect the scarf. Tyranitar patches up some pretty important weaknesses to this team.

Clefable

IMG_0087.PNG
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Oh Magic Guard Clefable, how do you end up on every team I build. Oh that's right, immunity to status, thunder wave, and great mixed defenses. As you may have noticed my team hates status. My team also hates electric types and when Tyranitar can't deal with them Clefable does. My goal with Clefable is to eat a Will-O or a Toxic early so she can proceed to switch into Thunder Wave unhindered. She spreads T-Waves all over the place which Slowbro greatly appreciates and does a great job taking down dark types for Slowbro, including Tyranitar who none of my team really likes to deal with. Clefable is just such a splashable pokemon and does a lot for this team.

Heatran

IMG_0088.PNG
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic

Rocks, taunt, toxic, fire immunity, and a steel type check and another char-y check, what more do I need to say? Heatran is my utility pokemon on this team. He's one of the best rocker's in the game and is able to lay down rocks on almost everyone. He taunts a lot of common hazard stackers such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory and scares them out. He scares Charizard from switching in so he's able to get rocks up and let Charizard and Talonflame fall right into them. He has a pretty safe Toxic because steel types do not like switching into him. Lastly and probably most importantly he's my Mega Scizor counter because my team absolutely HATES Scizor. Heatran more than pulls his weight on this team.

Amoongus

IMG_0089.PNG
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last but not least, Amoongus. I needed a fairy counter, specifically clefable, so Slowbro doesn't have to engage in a losing stall war. Amoongus also can come in on water types like Azumarill (who is still a threat to my team) and when he causes switches it's time to spam spore. Amoongus also completes my regenerator core and makes this team incredibly hard to take down.

Importable
Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 168 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Now while this team does function pretty well, it has it's weak points. It doesn't particularly love set up sweepers or fast powerful threats such as Mega-Alakazam. I can play around them but I'd love some feedback. Any feedback or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi. Nice team you have got.

At a glance, your team looks really solid, and most of the threats you mentioned are really just the usual threats to Balance so it's not really alarming. I'll try to fix these problems.

Here are some suggestions:

Scarf Rachi > Scarf TTar

I really wanted to fit Jirachi in your team since its typing really benefits your team in that it takes Psychic and Fairy hits, something that you appreciate greatly. I actually wanted to suggest the SpDef variant for longevity but you might appreciate the speed more since you are losing one of your fastest mons here. I understand that TTar patches up a lot of weaknesses for you but since your team is pretty defensive orientated and TTar does not really have as much defensive utility as Rachi I had to suggest this change. If this change doesn't work out I urge you to try the SpDef variant but Speed Control is necessary on a more balance-like team and Torn doesn't actually do that well. Also, Scarf Rachi has the added benefit of being able to use Healing Wish, meaning that you get a second chance to sweep with Slowbro if you screwed up and let it get poisoned. It can also be used to heal any important defensive mons on the verge of fainting.

Nature
Just wanted to mention that's it's Calm not Bold.

Latios > Torn-T

I was actually quite hesitant on this change. Torn-T is a cool measure for Speed Control and like you said, synergises really well with your defensive core. However, I noticed that your team is really vulnerable to Hazard Stack. Things like Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Klefki easily come in on Clefable to spike up. Your main measure to stop these things is Heatran, which gets worn down by entry hazards real quick. Latios gives you that essential Defog, something you will appreciate a lot. It also gives you an offensive presence and a Zard Y switch-in now that you lack TTar.

Here are the sets:
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish

OR

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

That's it for my rate. Hope I helped, thanks for reading and have a nice day! n_n

Thanks for the rate! I'll definitely try both these suggestions out because I have realized my team hates hazards. As much as I love Tornadus my Regen core and Heatran hate hazards.

I'm gonna go with scarfrachi because the speed control is important to me. The only reason I was running a bold clefable is for weavile. Now my main worry is running three psychic types

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)