Resource SM RU Sample Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Guess Im gonna update my whole submissions, plus a new one

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet / Superpower

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Roost

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Seed Flare
- Synthesis

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 144 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Megahorn

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

Tyrantrum @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Head Smash
This is a retouch of the original flame orb heracross team I submitted, but since it is going under suspect test I wanted to avoid using it in case it gets banned and then the team becomes invalid. So I went with Feraligatr as a replacemente since it makes for a cool option as a SD sweeper imo. General goal of the team is to punch holes on the opposing teams so either gardevoir or rock polish tyrantrum can clean. Gatr and Shaymin make for dope wallbreakers, Gligar and Escav provide a solid defensive core and Scarf Garde alongside Rock Polish Tyrantrum can clean late-game. Gardevoir can also provide Healing Wish and stuff, which is dope. The goal of the team havent changed much, just the mons. Make sure to use Hera if you want, but in case it gets banned Gatr can fill the void momentarily. Watch out for bewear and ddance flygon, thats what toxic gligar is for. And Salazzle, pressure with everything.

Salazzle @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Oblivious
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast

Durant @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Work Up
- Flamethrower
- Clanging Scales
- Focus Blast

Diancie @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Protect
- Ice Beam
Retouch of the salazzle, durant, and sharpedo team that I felt was pretty forced, this one feels less constrained on trying to cover everything and becomes more user friendly imo. Salazzle now runs hp grass due to the increasing popularity of pokemon like rhyperior, seismitoad and quagsire so thats cool. Life Orb Durant with basically the same moveset, can be banded if you want tho. Work Up Kommo-O is a fun set Ive been trying which neat results that punish bulky teams that resort to pivot into resistances to deal with it. Defog Flygon instead of Gligar for the revenge kill value + quick defog on tight situations and Sharpedo but with waterfall, crunch and ice beam cause lel gligar. Watch out for scarf hera, apply pressure and you shouldnt be crying.

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Air Slash
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave

Meloetta @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 160 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Roost

Roserade @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Atk / 104 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw
Now for something new, a cute "normal spam" team bulky offense. Swellow + Meloetta share similar checks so they can proceed to overwhelm their checks so one can clean for the other. Calm Mind Meloetta makes for an excellent, and rather underrated, win condition that puts work against defensive cores thanks to fightinium Z which allow it to pummel (heh) many special walls like Umbreon and Snorlax. Swellow is swellow, as straightforward as it can get. Mantine + Rhyperior is your bread n butter balance core that cover each other weaknesses well. Scarf Roserade may look like an odd ball but it makes for a pretty neat set since scarf grass types are really valuable now. Technician hp ground allow you to 1v1 spdef dragalge since it can 3hko all the time after black sludge and 2hko offensive ones, and with doublade and mantine dont think Escavalier and Durant (scarf variants) are threats. Lastly Doublade cause... it is Doublade! Checks tons of shit, good setup sweeper, priority, the usual stuff. Opposing Meloettas can be mean so apply the necessary pressure.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Conflux

big boy diamonds
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Zoroark (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Illusion
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- U-turn

Gligar (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Bewear (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Salazzle @ Poisonium Z
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Registeel @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Protect

Mantine (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Haze
- Toxic

The team is built around CB Bewear because it's a very strong wallbreaker and able to break a large portion of the metagame. It's paired with Zoroark to lure in Ghost-types and just physically defensive Pokemon that can take on Bewear. You should generally always disguise Zoroark as Bewear unless you're leading off with Bewear. The rest of the team consists of fatter Pokemon to support my offensive core, fill in roles, and deal with the majority of the metagame. Gligar provides Defog and a good wall. The investment in SpD is for Salazzle which is a big threat to this team if rocks are up. Registeel is the Stealth Rock user and check to strong special attackers such as Swellow and Kommo-o. Mantine's my Fire and Water check as well as set up stopper via Haze. And last but not least Salazzle which is a great stallbreaker and really hard for bulky teams to deal with.

In my experience this team is weak to Salazzle if Mantine and Gligar are weakened or if you get outplayed with the Z-Move because you have to go Mantine on the Nasty Plot and then Registeel on the Acid Downpour but sometimes they just Sludge Wave because Scald doesn't OHKO.

Edit: I've been using the Salazzle version of this team a lot and it's actually a lot better than the Reuniclus one so I edited my post and this is now the main version of the team. If anyone still wants to try out the Reuniclus version just replace salazzle with the smogon Reuni set.

Edit 2: Heracross got banned so I replaced Acrobatics with Toxic on Gligar to check Flygon.

Last edited:

Natural Talent

Don't die trying to live..
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
KingT stopping by to drop a few teams after Heracross's ban..

Escavalier @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 SpD / 84 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Talk
- Megahorn
- Rest

Dragalge @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic Spikes

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Mantine @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Healing Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Earth Power

I made more of a slow bulky team with a few power houses and a revenge killer. SD Escavalier can do damage to some slow teams and teams that don't carry bug resists. While I had Dragalge to come in and drop dracos and it's very useful as a switch in to mantine and other bulky waters as well as it's access to toxic spikes. Rhyperior, standard rocker with Ice Punch to catch Gligar while it tries to come in for a free defog. Band Pangoro.... straight power , not much can come in on an it as it just comes in and scares most things out and gets a free knock off. Gunk Shot is carried to hit those annoying fairies. Shaymin is my revenge killer , Earth Power and Dazzling gleam are to revenge Pangoro & Salazzle respectively. While Mantine is my check to Sharpedo and Salazzle, as well as a form of hazard control. Not much to be said about the team as it has great synergy.

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Delphox @ Grassium Z
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

Registeel @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Pangoro @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Gunk Shot

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Mantine @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze

This team i built around CM Delphox. Looking through the tier it doesn't really have much that can deal with it at plus one. Grassium Z Solar Beam to deal with Milotic , as when they try to come in and haze you and you can catch them off guard. Doublade helps me deal with Snorlax and gives a form of priority. Pangoro's set is used to weaken mons that can check the rest of the team. Such as Gligar, Florges, Mantine, etc. Registeel is my rocker of choice and my specially defensive wall. While Flygon is my revenge killer of choice, giving me a fast u-turn and a way to deal with salazzle. Mantine, the standard hazard control set that i use to check any form of sharpedo. Haze to stop most set up sweepers in their tracks such as doublade, Escavalier and salazzle in some circumstances.

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Energy Ball
- Bug Buzz

Salazzle @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Corrosion
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fire Blast

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Naughty Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Head Smash
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Healing Wish
- Earth Power
- Psychic

Not much to say about this team. Just stickys webs.... Get up webs and rocks and win with the 4 attackers. Salazzle, with webs up now outspeeds almost every pokemon that revenge kills it besides aerodactyl and scarf Flygon. Arcehops, the suicide lead, that prevents hazards from the opponents lead. Doublade Standard SD , my favorite spin blocker. While shaymin is my scarfer of choice which goes well with the team due to healing wish. Lastly, sharpedo the late game cleaner. After everything's weak it can come in and clean up the game.

Last edited:

Decidueye @ Grassium Z
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Registeel @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze
- Scald

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 114 SpD / 142 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is a bulky offense/balance spikestack team build around the core of SD Decidueye and scarf Tyrantrum (S/O @mohhum7).
Decidueye is a clean wallbreaker, breaking almost any fat teams while also having a strong nuke in the back making it not completely dead weight against teams faster than itself. Scarf Tyrantrum is a solid salazzle check and cleaner against more offensive oriented teams (except when it misses..). Registeel is the mandatory rocker and functions as a check to bulky waters and ofcourse as a blanket check to lots of other special attackers. Milotic is the physical wall and mandatory Gatr+Sharpedo check and red button with Haze for stuff that went out of hand (or a Linoone brave enough to set up infront of it). The Cresselia set is a bit weird but its main function on the team is to check Nidoqueen and to be able to come in on/RK bewear and pangoro. HP fire is to get chip on Escavalier for Tyrantrum and Decidueye or punish a Durant that dares to set up infront of it. Mega Glalie is there obviously for spikes but functions also as a wallbreaker (especially registeel) and being able to prevent stuff like dd flygon, Venusaur in the sun from going Ham against the team.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Havent tinkered much with this meta but I still have a team that I feel it worth sharing.

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis

Escavalier @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Megahorn

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch / Superpower

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Head Smash

Basically a more up to date version of my RMT with some replacements so it can withstand the pressure of the current meta (to an extent, aboma is still a bitch to cover). Anyways, Chesnaught is still the staple of the team cause it is easily the best spiker atm, Escavalier replaces Registeel in order to cover Nidoqueen a bit better (it still learns Fire Blast/Flamethrower but is still less used than other coverage options... still watch out tho) and it is also a way better Psychic check so stuff like Meloetta doesnt roflstomp you. Nidoqueen is an obvious pick, best Pokemon in the meta that can pretty much do anything it wants. Focus Blast for Umbreon and Snorlax, Taunt can work for this too! Mismagius and Tyrantrum remain the same cause they still do their job really well, and Feraligatr replaces Shark cause... I believe it is getting banned soon, and it fits as well over Shark anyways since setup + spikes is always good. Superpower is an option over Ice Punch cause FUCK Mega Abomasnow. Gardevoir is also a monster so play around carefully, this mon gets so good with Nidoqueen around.

More teams to come soon. Really want to make the best use possible of the recent drops.

Durant @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Hone Claws

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Protect
- Toxic

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Ice Beam

EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 Spe
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Synthesis

Sigilyph @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heat Wave
- Energy Ball

This team is fairly easy to ladder with because of the nature of the ladder right now. Basically it is Sand with Stoutland and Durant as the main forms of offense from the team. Durant is Fightingium Z which is pretty underrated right now and is pretty useful on this team its non-contact vs a Bewear and it doesn't get the defense drop that Superpower does. Gigalith of course is the sand setter while Porygon2 is there to act as more of a defensive backbone for Sharpedo/Flygon. The most interesting about this team is 4 Attacks with Sash Sigilyph. That might get hate but it does very well versus offense which is pretty common right now, and has saved me on several occasions. Threats to this team would be Mega Abomasnow and Zoroark which were the primary reasons for Sigilyph being sash.

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

Registeel @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 116 SpD / 140 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lunar Dance
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Thunderbolt

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Synthesis
- Wood Hammer

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

This is a very standard team which is suppose to highlight on Sharpedo cleaning after getting hazards up with Chesnaught. Essentially its a pretty defensive build which is suppose to wear teams down with walls+hazards. Registeel + Cresselia walls a good portion of the tier, but what is particularly nice about the core is that Cresselia can Lunar Dance in situations like a failed attempt at a Sharpedo clean or getting Registeel back up to full. Weaknesses to this team would have to be opposing hazards (which is why you need a ton more speed on Chesnaught) and I guess Xatu which is gaining somewhat popularity in tours.

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Final Gambit
- Bug Buzz
- Encore

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Focus Blast

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Crunch

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake/Toxic

This was a really fun team I build which I sort of replicated from when Abomasnow was RU during ORAS. It is pretty self explanatory with the goal being to set up hazards, wear down teams with all the wall breakers, and clean with Sharpedo. 2 things that arent necessarily standard are Accelgor. I use Accelgor over Frosslass because I find Final Gambit so useful vs bulkier teams and it is useful for pressuring teams from allowing a defog from Gligar. Emboar was also needed because I needed a physical fire type as a glue pokemon and Emboar was pretty much the only option. Some people are going to hate for this mon but I think its pretty useful considering people don't necessarily have solid Fire resists in this meta.

Last edited:

teachable

Banned deucer.

YASSSS (Nidoqueen) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

ban me (Sharpedo) (F) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Protect

>:) (Salazzle) @ Poisonium Z
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

>:D (Banette-Mega) (F) @ Banettite
Ability: Insomnia
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Shadow Claw

me_irl (Froslass) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Icy Wind
- Will-O-Wisp

Durant @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Superpower
- Iron Head
- Crunch

Kinda standard HO, with the usual Queen + Froslass + Ghost hazard core but with some minor quirks to the team that I feel make it come together pretty nicely. The ultimate goal of the team is simple enough: weaken stuff for a Sharpedo sweep; with Mantine gone, Sharpedo got a lot better. Froslass is the standard lead set, nothing really to comment on other than Wisp being there to ensure 2 layers vs Donphan + make other physical attackers like Honch useless. Mega Banette definitely belongs best on HO, priority D-Bond + Taunt on a relatively slow mon is incredible for utility. Given speed EVs let it outspeed Umbreon w/o Mega evolving so you're able to actually toxic/taunt it. Queen is relatively standard, rocker that deters defogs but I opted for Focus Blast over Sludge Wave as its usually able to weaken common Sharpedo checks like Porygon2, Umbreon, or Snorlax, in addition to getting some chip damage on Bronzong for Sharpedo to assure an OHKO. Salazzle is another mon to generally threaten/weaken Umbreon, Porygon2, and Snorlax or just straight up sweep teams with its checks, like Dragalge, weakened. Durant was added to not lose to Banded Zydoge's E-speed after Banette dies, in addition to threatening out some of the above mons for some entry hazards damage as it tries to break other mons with a Hone Claw boost.

Natural Talent

Nidoqueen @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam

Galvantula @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Sticky Web
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Milotic @ Choice Specs
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Explosion
- Spikes
- Ice Shard

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

Doublade @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak

A little fun team i made with that abuses hazards with sharpedo offensive core. Sticky web is added for speed control and helps glalie with it's less than amazing speed tier. Milotic is completely power, forcing opponents to think twice about using defog, because once it gets that +2 from competitive it should be getting a kill. Sacred Sword Doublade to weaken regi and catch sharpedos, while shuca berry nidoqueen lures in ground types and kills then off with ice beam, one most important that made me use this was zygarde. Sharpedo regular LO physical set, but you can opt out and run special if you please it really doesn't matter. The basis of the team is get up webs and other hazards and apply pressure with glalie and milotix, maybe even doublade to allow sharpedo to clean up late game

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell

Dragalge @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Focus Blast

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Happiness: 0
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Frustration
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost

Doublade @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak

another hazards with sharpedo. This time with T spikes, I find spikes and T spikes every helpful when it comes to weakening mons for sharpedo, especially with protect on umbreon and sharpedo to rack up damage. Glalie gets up spikes scares nidoqueen , gligar and can boom on hazard removal or threats. Doublade , my spin blocker and secondary form of priority on the team. It hard stops registeel and gigalith and gets a free swords dance in most situations. Knock Off Gligar is more helpful to me as i have pivots already so i won't really need u-turn. Dragalge is a good fire resist and z Draco meteor does a lot to almost any mon that wants to come in.
[/hide][/hide]

Last edited:

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
klinklang.png
golem-alola.png
glalie-mega.png
shaymin.png
aerodactyl.png
nidoqueen.png

Klinklang @ Steelium Z
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- Magnet Rise / Volt Switch

Golem-Alola @ Choice Band
Ability: Magnet Pull
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Wild Charge
- Rock Blast
- Explosion

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Spikes
- Ice Shard
- Explosion

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

The team revolves around Klinklang and Golem-A. Klinklang gets a surprisingly large amount of setup opportunities, being able to set up on Grassium-Z Decidueye, Mega Abomasnow, Cloyster, Donphan, Cresselia, Gligar, Gardevoir, Espeon, some Nidoqueen variants, Rhyperior, Swellow, Tyrantrum, and others. Some of these are more situational than others, but you get the point. I prefer Magnet Rise as it gives Klinklang more setup opportunities, but Volt Switch can be useful as it lets you pivot off a Steel-type into Golem-A reliably while also getting chip damage on Doublade. Golem-A works well with Klinklang as it traps Registeel and Escavalier and scares out most Fire-types. It also threatens most bulky Waters and explodes on stuff that Klinklang can take advantage of like Cresselia and Gligar. Mega Glalie is great because it can force many switches and use those opportunities to get Spikes up. Spikes helps a lot in wearing down Doublade and other checks to Klinklang like Durant and Milotic. Ice Shard revenges stuff like Flygon and Honchkrow, Double-Edge is just a nuke, Explosion is literally a nuke. It's a good idea to use Explosion once you get up a couple Spikes and no longer need Ice Shard. It's useful because Mega Glalie tends to attract the Steel-types that Golem-A traps and Explosion gives you a free switch into it. Scarf Shaymin can reliably revenge kill some dangerous threats like Feraligatr and it's a reliable switch into bulky Water-types. Earth Power is nice vs Salazzle and puts pressure on Doublade. Dazzling Gleam OHKOes Pangoro and does a lot to Honchkrow. Healing Wish is a safety net for Klinklang primarily, though it has some other useful applications. For example, if Milotic switches into Klinklang, you have a chance to KO it with +1 Wild Charge into +0 Wild Charge; however, there is the chance that it Scald burns Klinklang. Umbreon can also be beaten down if it tries to switch into Klinklang, but will take heavy damage from Foul Play in the process. Healing Wish gives Klinklang another opportunity to sweep later in the match in these situations. It can also be used as a way to suicide pivot off of a Steel-type into Golem-A. Aside from Seed Flare and Healing Wish, which I think are imperative to have on Shaymin, its moveset is customizable. You can use HP Fire to still hit Doublade while also hitting Durant if you're scared of that (you should be). Psychic still hits Salazzle while also hitting Venusaur and Chesnaught. It has other options like HP Ice and Air Slash. Aerodactyl is a great revenge killer on this build as Salazzle, Moltres, and Swellow are extremely threatening. Aerodactyl can Pursuit trap these, which makes it very difficult for them to ravage the team for very long, especially with rocks up. Also Pursuits Espeon, which can be an annoying Pokemon for Mega Glalie and Nidoqueen as it dissuades them from getting hazards up. EdgeQuake is just a great combo so I use that for neutral coverage against everything except Chesnaught and Virizion. Ice Fang dissuades Gligar from coming in and getting a free Defog while revenge killing Zydog. You can use Fire Fang on Aerodactyl for Durant or you can use Taunt to ensure that Gligar can't Defog and Chesnaught can't set Spikes. Nidoqueen is my Stealth Rock setter and Doublade check. It's standard Nidoqueen with Timid and Taunt. I like being able to outspeed Jolly Honchkrow and Decidueye and Taunt prevents stuff like Umbreon and Milotic from being able to recover health off of Nidoqueen.

Team is really weak to Durant, it just gets a kill every time it comes in pretty much, though putting HP Fire on Shaymin or Fire Fang on Aerodactyl helps and Golem-A can trap Durant in some situations. Sun teams are pretty scary to face, they usually don't let Klinklang get any setup opportunities and it gets walled by a staple on sun teams, Torkoal. Venusaur on sun can easily sweep if given the opportunity to use Growth as its STABs + HP Fire at +2 are impossible to switch into on this team. Mega Camerupt, Doublade, and Quagsire are annoying just because they wall Klinklang so well, though thankfully Quagsire is only seen on stall and stall is mostly dead right now while the other two have no reliable recovery.

Sorry for the huge description

Used these with success in RLT round 1, dumping them here for parties interested. Don't mind the sloppy prose in the description.

Kommo-o @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Work Up

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lunar Dance
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Def
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
Fun offense with work up kommo-o with z-fight. Mon is sadly extremely weak but it can hit everything in the tier and is really scary versus balance. Mowtom is cool thanks to its ground immune/ general utility as a revenge kill check/ late game cleaner/ mon to trick cripple a wall. Feraligatr with DD is nice, usually better used to bust walls early game than clean with. Chesnaught is spikes + walls half physical mons in the tier so it was an auto include. Toxic doublade is another way to break through balance and in my opinion sneak + sacred sword is its optimal coverage. Play carefully with this though because its important in checking a lot (its actually the teams krow check) and if it gets widdled things can get tough. Cress provides a special wall/ salazzle check that also provides great utility by lunar dancing a mon back up in the late game which is usually kommo-o versus balance and doublade versus offense.

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Toxic
- Roost

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Wood Hammer

Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Recover
- Toxic
- Scald

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Toxic Spikes
Fun Mega Ampharos team, not the absolute greatest but very usable. Play it by setting up spikes/ volting around into wallbreakers. Toxic sigi is great at weakening special walls early game. Setting up t-spikes if applicable usually makes zydoge have no switchins. You have no removal yourself so be careful of getting pressured by opposing hazards. If you need Mega Amph to check something play to aggressively get the mega off and rest early. Jellicent is a really nice choice because it stops salazzle so you can set up spikes with chesnaught without much fear of it gaining momentum. Overall the team should be used to spread status/hazards so that a zydoge sweep / jellicent stall can end the game.

Natural Talent

Dropping some fun teams I used in my RLT run

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
EVs: 252 HP / 172 SpD / 84 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Meloetta @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Umbreon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Healing Wish
- Trick

Felt like making a team around Meloetta, Doublade can lure in milotics and chesnaughts and toxic them, sd and sweep, while providing as a spin blocker with Dragalge's use of toxic spikes.
Camerupt my rocker of choice, hits pretty hard and can tank hits. Dragalge can switch into almost any special hit sponging them, it's also useful for toxic spikes and haze stopping set up sweepers. Umbreon is a nice pivot, cleric and potential wish passer. Gardevoir for speed control and healing wish. While trick and stop up milotics , umbreons, and registeels.

Nidoqueen @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Sticky Web
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Milotic @ Choice Specs
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Explosion
- Spikes
- Ice Shard

Hoopa @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Super fun sticky web team I used that crushed a lot of people on ladder (cringes at memory of all the salt of "Honchkrow being broken"). Nidoqueen, Glalie, Nidoqueen, the hazard setting core. Nidoqueen's shuca berry can lure in flygon and zygarde and really comes in handy. Galvantula regular lead sash, with hp ice for flygon and gligar. Glalie with spikes and explosion to weaken mons for honchkrow, such as bronzong and milotic. Hoopa, a cool sub np set that shits on registeel. Lastly, Life orb honchrow, it usually comes in late game or where i see opportunities for me to sweep.

Some problems could be cm Espeon and other honchkrows.

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Venusaur @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Growth
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Leech Seed

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Umbreon @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 108 Def / 152 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

This is a sun balance team I built soon after Zygarde dropped, and me and my friends have had considerable success with it since then. I'm 3-1 with it in tournaments, and I'm pretty sure my friends are undefeated with it. I've also used it on ladder quite a bit with equal success.

The team essentially has three dimensions to it. The sun offensive core, hazard stacking, and a thick defensive backbone. All three elements work in tandem to support each other, since Venusaur appreciates hazard stack and wish support.

Venusaur has Poisonium-Z because it can bust through Cresselia and Umbreon if you play it intelligently. This also has the side benefit of Venusaur not killing itself. I went with Giga Drain over Solar Beam because I found the sustain more useful then the power.

I know it might look a bit odd (probably an understatement... it's a sun team with a Quagsire...) but it works in practice. Give it a try and tell me what you think. n_n

(P.S. recently a few different people told me someone else was passing this team around and claiming it was theirs, which was one of the motivations for me choosing to release it here. I have no idea why someone would attempt snakery like that, since this team has been around for awhile and there are about a dozen people who can attest to the fact I built it.)

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
A couple of BAD teams, mmmmmmmmmmK

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Pain Split
- Waterfall

Xatu @ Psychium Z
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpD / 108 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Crunch
- Superpower
So, finally, some Zydog + Mega Abomasnow Offense. Ive been trying to build this one for ages. Zydog + Mega Abomasnow complement each other really well offensively since Zydog pressure steels and Aboma pressure grasses and ground types and stuff. Neat shit. Superpower works here since I need something to immediately pressure p2 and Umbreon so Mega Aboma has an easier time with those. Qwilfish is the only spiker that goes well alongside Mega Abomasnow due to its typing and stuff. The speed is for Jolly Feraligatr, you taunt it and you probably beat it 1v1. It is gonna be tricky but any countermeasure helps.

Here we have a weird xatu tbh, but since I have the z-move being a pretty flexible choice here, decided to run psychium Z on it cause I needed something to remove opposing bewear urgently, thing is too good. And it makes for a good win condition to patch the lack of toxic on Zydog, since it takes advantage completely of stuff like Chesnaught and Cresselia. Now we have EviGaro Diancie set (dont know if it she made it but I took it from here anyways). Speed is for max speed mega abomasnow, every little bit helps against that monster. And finally we have Durant which is a necessary evil for this team, Crunch is a filler move cause I honestly forgot about decidueye so this is your check to it and it still does a good chunk to Salazzle so not all hope is lost. Have fun, play aggresively!

Gligar @ Groundium Z
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Roost

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Cresselia @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 108 SpD / 148 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Moonlight

Roserade @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
- Extrasensory
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
As you know, MY ORAS RU BABY MEGA STEELIX IS BACK, so I had to build something right quick! If you think you are crazy for seeing a groundium Z gligar on there... dont worry, you arent the crazy one, Im the crazy one. HOWEVER, I have a good reason for that. Since Defog Gligar is far more vulnerable to stuff like status (meaning it can be 1v1d by toxic registeel and stuff) and Nidoqueen scares the living shit out of this Pokemon, the z-move helps patch some of the shortcomings Gligar has as a defogger, and it works since Tectonic Rage removes Nidoqueen (EVd to outspeed) and from there removing hazards should be less hard. Mega Steelix cause IT IS BACK. I dont know what Im doing so I just recycled one of the spreads I used in ORAS. Will update when a better one arises.

From there, standard balanced offense. A cool fast attacker like Noivern cause it is much more functional than swellow atm, less linear. SD Gatr is great, and having Noivern to nuke Salazzle means you can run ice punch to punish toxicroak running around. Cresselia to soft check a bunch of stuff since Gligar isnt eviolite. And finally Scarf Roserade with Spikes cause who doesnt love Spikes, and revenge killer for durant, salazzle and opposing Gatrs. Team is pretty ice weak so standard registeel or bronzong can work over mega steelix but I had to use my baby again

Have fun!

Last edited:

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- Moonblast

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Registeel @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
This is a pretty standard stall outline that's been successful in RU so far. Quagsire/Cresselia/Registeel/Umbreon form what is essentially the core of the team; they hard wall an enormous chunk of the tier and have strong supporting synergy. Cresselia is EV'd to outspeed Adamant Pangoro which can be a pain, while the rest of the core has the standard max/max defenses. Glig fits in primarily for hazard control, but knocking Leftovers off bulky mons can help with whittling things down. Moltres takes what I'd consider a filler slot here, but it has a useful set of resistances and lets you better handle SubSD Decidueye which can otherwise run through the team. It can also alleviate some pressure from Quagsire in checking Hone Claws Durant if need be, while also helping a bit against the rare Sun team and letting you thrash other stall.

As with any stall team, you're going to run into issues against teams that can put huge amounts of pressure against a single core piece. If you're running into teams putting a ton of pressure on Quagsire, you can try swapping out Moltres for Milotic, but that'll run into the aforementioned issues with Decidueye. Salazzle problems can be handled by shifting Cresselia to a more specially defensive build or replacing Moltres with a more specially bulky mon. Finally, the team is great for ladder play and a great introduction for players looking to learn RU stall, but I would NOT recommend it for tournament play where you're more likely to run into teams built to win specific games rather than to win at a high volume clip.

Don't try and play this team aggressively. Unnecessarily bold and risky plays are the easiest way to throw away wins, and most of your games are going to be slow and grindy. The closest thing to a big swing will be getting Moltres uncontested behind a sub, but it really doesn't matter--play safe, identify your opponents' potential win conditions, and then just wear them down. Don't be afraid to sack mons if you don't need them, but carefully identify potential threats before making decisions.

This is NOT the kind of team for people who like to click strong moves without thinking and watch things faint--for those individuals I recommend playing dual screens linoone "ShakeItUp" offense.

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
So I dont do this generally but it was an important change on one sample team. Decided to run taunt roost on noivern cause taunting some steels like regi and bronzong proved to be pretty useful on the long run, I personally like Draco Meteor so I keep it over something like Hurricane.

Im always listening to suggestions so if you have any feedback regarding the team Im all ears and can be found anywhere. Happy posting and playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)