Smog Awards 2011 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Read all about the Smog Awards here!

Every year we like to commend those who make Smogon a better place to spend your time. This thread is to tell everybody about who you think is the best! Here you can share your choices, campaign for your candidates, and maybe even introduce great people others may have forgotten about.

However, there are a few ground rules:
  • Do not insult any member--nominator or nominee. We will be actively moderating this thread.
  • Remember, there are restrictions on who can nominate, found in the article.
  • Votes only posted here will not count. For your votes to count, you must PM The Smog with your choices.
  • Think of others before yourself. Use this thread to bring other users' eligibility for awards to light, not your own.

With that, have fun and keep it civil!

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Vote for me for best Smogon Media Contributor.
100+ videos for the Smogon Youtube channel during November 2010 - September 2011. Plus I ran the channel solely during that time period as well.
In addition, I updated and maintained the Youtube Video Index

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Bloo for best tournament player. There is no way werps is getting this three years in a row.

Frontier win and 3 in season Tours, not to mention several user hosted tournaments.

Fabbles for best contributor. He has spent more time on the Tour stats than anyone has spent on any other contribution. I can pretty much guarantee that.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
how about discussing why you're nominating someone else, instead of campaigning for your own glory?

i think that is the best use of this thread

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'll be nominating Swaggersaurus for Most Promising New User

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Best avatars imo:

Fatecrashers:

Vader:

Mekkah:

Ramblinwreck:

Chou Toshio:

Deck Knight:

Vote Matthew and tennisace for coolest veterans, since they're p. cool! Matthew aka Genny is doing an awesome job with DST (if you haven't noticed it isn't complete crap anymore!) and tennisace is running NU with me like a boss and doing cool stuff with CAP too!

EDIT: Vote Vader for most humorous/wittiest user, you know all of his a forum threads are great (his Nuzlocke and avatars threads were p. genius imo!)

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi I'm campaigning for Zebraiken and Ice-eyes as best NU players because they are the best?? Hopefully people who actually play NU will win...

Also vader for cutest user he is just

adorable

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I for one cannot believe that no one has brought up Cookie for best avatar.

Also Olegmi, did Firecape even add that avatar in before New Years?

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm glad to see worst username change made it in the end. Do admin-forced changes count?

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
No other post even compares to Summer of Kevin

Vote Reyscarface for best avatar

Also vote for aesoft for best contribution for his awesome replay player - Amazing tool for competitive players

Finally, and most importantly, vote locopoke for cutest user. No explanation needed.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Best contribution goes to aeosoft hand's down. His log replay makes watching past battles a much easier and funner experience. And let's not forget Pokemon Showdown!

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aesoft for best contribution 100% hands down, I have never valued an internet tool like I do aesoft.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
make sure to actually name the contribution when you submit -- the name of the contribution is "pokemon showdown!"

edit: and nice to see people being entirely selfless, as per... v_v

edited the op

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)