Smogon Premier League IX - Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reminders:

On Sportsmanship
Note the sportsmanship infraction may be used liberally this SPL, and any unsportsmanlike conduct on the forums, in discord, or in opposing SPL team servers (I won't infract for you being a dick in your own SPL team server unless the situation is so extreme I feel I absolutely have to make an exception (consider basically any masterclass interaction ever)), will be grounds for an infraction. We encourage you to play semi-aggressively, but don't be a Masterclass.

~ Aldaron

On Scheduling Matches
I'm sure plenty of you have come across activity drama while scheduling matches. I'm here to reduce the arbitrary element associated with some of these decisions. It is entirely your decision to adhere to these STRONG RECOMMENDATIONS, but note that if you choose not to, I'll most likely ignore any pleading from your end.

YOU MUST ACTIVATE YOUR VM WALL IF YOU WISH TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT. THIS IS HOW ALL OFFICIAL SCHEDULING WILL BE HANDLED.

Once that week's thread is posted, you have up to 48 hours to contact your opponent ON HIS VM WALL and mention your timezone and exactly what dates, what time ranges you are available, and where you will battle. Note that the default accepted sim and server is the official server on Showdown/Smogon Tournament Server. You must provide at least 3 different time ranges at least 48 hours from the timestamp of your message, with at least 2 that are 24-hours apart from each other. The minimum and maximum length for 1 time range is 30 minutes, and the minimum difference between the 3 required time ranges is 3 hours. If you give 3 time ranges that stick with this policy, you can give any additional time ranges at any time you please.

NOTE THAT THIS SCENARIO INVOLVES RESPONSE DYNAMICS; THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WILL CONTACT FIRST AND SOMEONE WHO RESPOND...THESE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT FOR BOTH OF YOU TO ASSUME TO YOU CAN BE FIRST CONTACTS...WHOEVER CONTACTS FIRST IS THE FIRST, AND THE OTHER DEFAULTS TO THE RESPONDER. THIS SHOULD BE OBVIOUS BUT SOME OF YOU ARE DUMB.

Once your opponent has contacted you, you now have up until 72 hours after the week's thread has been posted (NOT after your opponent's message) to respond with times that are good for you. What this means is that if both of you spend the maximum time contacting and responding, you should have back and forth collaboration at a maximum of 72 hours after the round has been posted, with both parties given an additional 24 hours to prepare for the battle should it be scheduled as soon as required. If none of the opponent's proposed time ranges are good for you, you must respond with alternative time ranges.

The first opponent now has X hours to prepare for the battle (if the second opponent agreed to some time) or 24 hours to contact a TD if, for whatever reason, this second set of time ranges does not suit the first opponent. Note this should be an absolute last measure.

Once a time is agreed upon, please make a message on your opponent's VM wall between 10 minutes and 1 second before the agreed upon time and say you are ready to battle and then get to agreed upon location (regardless of whether or not your opponent sends you a response VM). Please protect yourself by making this message, as it makes decisions much easier. You will be required to wait for your opponent for the duration of the time range.

If neither of you contact each other before 48 hours after the thread has been posted, you're both opening yourself up to a potential no contest or substitution. If I look at the situation, I might just determine I'm going to no contest, or whatever based on however I'm feeling at that moment. Don't leave yourself and your team vulnerable to this.

Just because at anytime one of the responders does not respond within the given range does not give you automatic activity win credentials. If they don't contact at all on your VM wall up until 48 hours before the end of the round (note, I'm not going to take discord or sim messages as evidence due to how easily they can be doctored...so if you want to protect yourself, stick to the VM messages), then you obviously have activity win justification. You WILL contact your opponent in a timely manner. However, if they do contact you at all after the suggested response time and before 48 hours before the end of the round, you are required to respond before 24 hours before the end of the round with 2 1-hour time ranges at least 1 hour apart before the end of the round. The opponent, since he did not stick to the proposed response schedule, WILL BE REQUIRED TO PLAY AT ONE OF YOUR NEWLY SUGGESTED TIMES, so you have the advantage here. This obviously puts a bit of an emphasis on the last 48 hours of each round (as is standard operating procedure for most of our official team tournaments anyway), so I will try my best to keep the last 48 hours of the round as close to the majority of the weekend for as much of the world as I can.

If you follow all of these guidelines, you will a.) most likely get your match done with minimal issue or b.) protect yourself and your team from an undue no contest or activity decision. Yes, I hate activity decisions in official tournaments. Yes, I will do my best to prevent activity decisions in the playoffs (the qualifying round is fair game however and I will have no problem issuing an activity call here), but don't push your luck.

Here is an example of how following this would work:

Week 1 thread is posted June 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM. Its deadline is June 14, 2013 at 11:59PM. User A and User B are matched up. User A contacts User B on his VM wall on June 7, at 9:00 PM (47 hours after the thread was posted, so ok), and gives 4 time ranges: June 10, from 7:00-7:30 PM (22 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is only ok so long as at minimum 3 of the other proposed time ranges adhere to the requirements), June 11, from 9:00-9:30 PM (48 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is ok), June 12, from 6:00-6:30 PM (69 hours after timestamp of his message, so ok, but only 21 hours after the earliest time range that is 48 hours after the timestamp), and June 12, from 9:00-9:30 PM (72 hours after the timestamp, so ok, and 24 hours after a legal time range and 3 hours after another legal time range). The June 11 and both June 12 time ranges satisfy the requirements, so User A can propose his first June 10 time range as well. User B responds on June 10, at 8:00 PM (23 hours after User A contacted him, so ok), and picks June 11, at 9:00 PM to battle, which is ok because it is 24 hours after his own response.

You'll note I made most of my response ranges multiples of 24 hours, but also included 24 hours. This means I expect you to be able to check Smogon at least once a day. If that is not feasible, you put yourself at risk.

~ Aldaron

On Disconnecting and timing out drama
Ah, the big beefcake. I'm going to go ahead and put this out there: we reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

That said, here is the main way we will probably handle DCs / timing out:

To handle all DC cases...you're gonna submit your teams before the match. Create a thread in the Team Submissions Forum with an import of your team, preferably using https://cryptobin.co/. You don't have to submit, but if you do, you protect yourself from the opponent taking a win. If you do DC (and you can't rejoin the battle) and you haven't submitted your team, your opponent will have the right to take the win. Yes, I'll most likely make a judgment call if he is on his last turn with 1 Pokemon at 5% and paralyzed and with you at 6 100% health Pokemon, because the only way to lose this is to misclick multiple times. However, if you're at 6 100% Pokemon and your opponent is at last Pokemon 10% needing to crit flinch you 6 - 12 times for the win, I'll give him the win if you DC and haven't submitted your team.

I know people like Philip7086 will beg me "to use common sense for a judgment call" for all cases and I would normally agree, but I am giving you all a 100% out by allowing you to submit your team. Basically, submit your team, and protect yourself and your team from any and all DCs. It's a simple procedure that removes almost all subjectivity from a decision regarding a DC. Unlike with the scheduling restrictions, all you have to do is submit the team your are using at anytime before the match takes place, and you'll have 100% protected yourself. Read this rule and understand this now before you join the tournament. Since I'm stating this now, I'm basically going to ignore you if you DC, didn't submit a team, and "had a guaranteed win." Expect it. Also note that I'm going to let the PLAYER (not the team), decide whether he is going to take the win or go another route (replay same moves, replay different teams, etc.).

To further ensure no funny business, if, in the case of a DC replay, there is any concern from either party about funny business, both parties have the right to request a screenshot of the current Pokemon's stats in battle. This is irrelevant for Showdown as you can simply rejoin a battle there, but PO allows you to see the currently out Pokemon's stats if you scroll over it with your mouse. Just hit PrntScrn (windows) while scrolling over it if requested by your opponent, preferably with proof that it is a screenshot of that actual battle (consider including the opponent's request in the battle screen in the screenshot).

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules (did you submit or not).

~ Aldaron

This should be a smooth ride if everyone follows the instructions above. (schedule via VM, submit teams, don't start drama for no reason)

---

Team Raiders (9) vs Circus Maximus Tigers (3)

SM OU: Gondra vs azogue
SM OU: Gingy vs Eternal Spirit
SM UU: Pak vs A Hero's Destiny
SM RU: mael vs lighthouses
SM NU: -Tsunami- vs Hootie
SM DOU: Kaori vs MajorBowman
ORAS OU: TDK vs Nintendi
BW OU: BKC vs McMeghan
DPP OU: roscoe vs Tamahome
ADV OU: Jirachee vs CALLOUS
GSC OU: choolio vs k3nan
RBY OU: MetalGro$$ vs Diegolh

Cryonicles (4) vs Wi-fi Wolfpack (8)

SM OU: Poek vs ABR
SM OU: London Beats vs Trosko
SM UU: HT vs PokeTCG gamer1288
SM RU: New Breed vs soulgazer
SM NU: ict vs Earth
SM DOU: Biosci vs marilli
ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs Updated Kanto
BW OU: Funkasaurus vs SoulWind
DPP OU: aim vs Void
ADV OU: danilo vs Astamatitos
GSC OU: sulcata vs Fear
RBY OU: Peasounay vs The Idiot Ninja

Indie Scooters (5) vs Dragonspiral Tyrants (7)

SM OU: Obliviate vs z0mOG
SM OU: FlamingVictini vs psychicmewtwo
SM UU: Lycans vs Christo
SM RU: njnp vs SilentVerse
SM NU: Eternally vs cb jose altuve
SM DOU: miltankmilk vs stax
ORAS OU: Mounts vs Get this Money
BW OU: elodin vs dice
DPP OU: Go10 vs Bluewind
ADV OU: Ojama vs UD
GSC OU: giara vs Lavos
RBY OU: Alexander. vs Analytic

Congregation of the Classiest (5) vs Alpha Ruiners (7)

SM OU: Sabella vs Cdumas
SM OU: Blackoblivion vs Kory2600
SM UU: Sacri' vs Bushtush
SM RU: Ajna vs Chill Shadow
SM NU: Pohjis vs lax
SM DOU: EmbCPT vs Croven
ORAS OU: Znain vs Empo
BW OU: LuckOverSkill vs ZoroDark
DPP OU: NightFox vs We Three Kings
ADV OU: thelinearcurve vs undisputed
GSC OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs Gilbert arenas
RBY OU: Lusch vs roudolf13

Stark Sharks (4) vs Ever Grande BIGS (8)

SM OU: Lednah vs John
SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs Eo Ut Mortus
SM UU: dodmen vs Manipulative
SM RU: Tricking vs Windsong
SM NU: Teddeh vs Kushalos
SM DOU: Demantoid vs Jhon
ORAS OU: Axel vs xray
BW OU: bluri vs Posho
DPP OU: Deluks917 vs Honor
ADV OU: Kevin Garrett vs Hot N Cold
GSC OU: Pleasure vs d0nut
RBY OU: GGFan vs marcoasd

---

Deadline is Sunday, January 28th at 11:59 PM EST.

Remember to submit your teams to the Team Submission Forum!

If I made a mistake with any matchups or names, please contact Quite Quiet or myself.

60/60 matches completed

Last edited by a moderator:
SM OU: Gondra vs azogue - looked fantastic this week
SM OU: Gingy vs Eternal Spirit - has been dominating
ORAS OU: TDK vs Nintendi - probably the highlight of the week for the OU games

SM OU: Poek vs ABR
SM OU: London Beats vs Trosko
ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs Updated Kanto - rooting for the kiddo, but its hard to predict against the 3-0 guy

SM OU: Sabella vs Cdumas - cdu looked nice this week and sab has been on a decline :(
SM OU: Blackoblivion vs Kory2600 - idk
ORAS OU: Znain vs Empo - also rly close. znain murked xray last week and his been in oras for the whole tour tho, so slight edge imo

SM OU: Lednah vs John - lednahs a beast, predicting by record here mainly
SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs Eo Ut Mortus - why
ORAS OU: Axel vs xray

glhf scoots, 11-1 incoming (dice will lose)

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SM DOU: EmbCPT vs Croven

SM RU: New Breed vs soulgazer

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I didn't do predicts last week, so here we go :D

SM OU
Poek vs ABR - Ithink that Poek has underperformed this season and ABR has been playing solid as he usually does, so I'm going to have to give the edge to ABR here.

FlamingVictini vs psychicmewtwo - I really want to pick pm2 here because of how fucking good he's played so far this season, definitely exceeding my expectation, but FV is just so good in team tours that it's incredibly hard to predict against him here.

Blackoblivion vs Kory2600 - These guys are both frens and on fire to start the season, but after seeing how well BO prepped last week, I'm going to have to pick him to win this matchup.

BHARATH_THEBEST vs Eo Ut Mortus - Eo is coming off of a solid win, but I think that BTB is top 5 out of all SM OU players in the team prep stage and will be able to get a solid advantage at preview that he'll use to maintain control throughout the game.
ORAS OU
TDK vs Nintendi - Nintendi is good at hell, but I think that TDK is the best ORAS builder in this pool and will be able to pull out the win with his very good playing ability in conjunction with his solid team prep.

CrashinBoomBang vs Updated Kanto - CBB has looked practically invincible so far this SPL and while Kanto is having a solid season overall, I think that he's going to unfortunately go on a two game slide this week.

Mounts vs Get this Money - These two players are really solid overall, but I just like Mounts as a player better than GTM.

Znain vs Empo - Empo is fucking fire and I think he's going to muscle past Znain this week. Znain is definitely top 5 ORAS, but I've just got a feeling that empo is gonna win this matchup.

Axel vs xray - I'm honestly not sure about this game at all and think that both are really good, so I'm just pixing xray on a gut feeling lol.
BW OU
BW OU: BKC vs McMeghan - I would usually pick BKC in this matchup, but I think that MCM is gonna be super motivated to win this coming off of losses to SW and Funk and end up taking this one.
DPP OU
roscoe vs Tamahome - Both players are super solid, but I think that Malfoy is angry as fuck coming off of a loss to cheese last week vs Void using Baton Pass. and take out his aggression on roscoe

aim vs Void - Joey's coming off of his first win of the season and I think that win is going to be the catalyst for him to get on a roll and end up with a solid record overall. Void is definitely gonna be feeling himself coming off of a win vs Malfoy, but I don't think he's going to win this one.

Go10 vs Bluewind - I've not exactly been super impressed by either of these guys so far this SPL, but I think that Bluewind is the better player here and will come out with a solid W here.

NightFox vs We Three Kings - NightFox has been playing really well so far this SPL, and I think that while Moxie is super underrated by a lot of people, he's going to end up getting taken down this week.

Deluks917 vs Honor - Deluks definitely isn't bad at DPP by any means, but I frankly don't think he's good enough to take someone on the playing level of Honor right now, but I'd be very happy to see him prove me wrong.

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Cryonicles (0) vs Wifi Wolfpack (12)

SM OU: Poek vs ABR - coming off hot the win last week lets go
SM OU: London Beats vs Trosko - the first letter in London Beats username is relevant to this match
SM UU: HT vs PokeTCG gamer1288 - his spl debut will be the opposite of his username
SM RU: New Breed vs soulgazer - soulGOAT
SM NU: ict vs Earth - my favorite earth based user on this site
SM DOU: Biosci vs marilli - :3c
ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs Updated Kanto
DPP OU: aim vs Void - i wonder if aim is gonna bring ambipom to this match, not that it would make a difference (i like ur videos tho aim)
GSC OU: sulcata vs Fear - he strikes fear into his opponents xd
RBY OU: Peasounay vs The Idiot Ninja

After getting haxed out of a win last week, Wolfpack will win this week convincingly. Good luck to everyone!
awoo :3c

also:
SM DOU: EmbCPT (80) vs (20) Croven
The (20) is Edu missing a crucial Stone Edge

Last edited:

Heroic Troller

Through the Sea of Time
is a Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
World Defender
Older the gen, worse my knowledge (reason why i won't talk too much), i make the predixxx based on the spl games mostly, don't hate me!

SM OU: Gondra vs azogue
SM OU: Gingy vs Eternal Spirit - Solid 3-0
SM UU: Pak vs A Hero's Destiny
SM RU: mael vs lighthouses
SM NU: -Tsunami- vs Hootie
ORAS OU: TDK vs Nintendi - Close one
BW OU: BKC vs McMeghan - Merry Christmas 28 days later! Dream match oo
ADV OU: Jirachee vs CALLOUS - I still don't know how much Callous can do, it's just a bit too early
GSC OU: choolio vs k3nan - Choolio's onfire
RBY OU: MetalGro$$ vs Diegolh - No way i bet against Metalgross, he would throw an interdimensional Blizzard with Tauros and freeze my ass from the inside, pls no

SM OU: Poek vs ABR - Another good, Abr impressed me last week, even if i usually dislike the new gens his battle was more enjoyable than what i thought
SM OU: London Beats vs Trosko -
SM UU: HT vs PokeTCG gamer1288 - HT is the shorten version of my name, go!
SM RU: New Breed vs soulgazer - Uh oh cool one
SM NU: ict vs Earth
ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs Updated Kanto - Very good one i'm hyped, just like abr i feel very involved when cbb plays
BW OU: Funkasaurus vs SoulWind - Funkasaurus is shining but there's a wall in front of him
ADV OU: danilo vs Astamatitos - Who doesn't pick Asta anyway?
GSC OU: sulcata vs Fear - Redemption
RBY OU: Peasounay vs The Idiot Ninja - There's only one man i would pick over Peas. And this week he is busy with a serious mission, for the sake of the entire planet. Preventing GGfan from writing another book about his win.

SM OU: Obliviate vs z0mOG
SM OU: FlamingVictini vs psychicmewtwo - Both are nokia solid, coinflip don't fail me now
SM UU: Lycans vs Christo - He is in a good shape isn't it?
SM RU: njnp vs SilentVerse
SM NU: Eternally vs cb jose altuve - cb jose altuve
ORAS OU: Mounts vs Get this Money
BW OU: elodin vs dice - Can't wait to see dice inventing stuff
ADV OU: Ojama vs UD - Kingping is unlucky
GSC OU: giara vs Lavos
RBY OU: Alexander. vs badabing

SM OU: Lednah vs John
SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs Eo Ut Mortus
SM UU: dodmen vs Manipulative
SM RU: Tricking vs Windsong - Caio fico
SM NU: Teddeh vs Kushalos
ORAS OU: Axel vs xray - Good one
BW OU: bluri vs Posho - Thunder Posho
ADV OU: Kevin Garrett vs Triangles - Wowo
GSC OU: Pleasure vs d0nut - Papa Conflict almost winning last week was absurd
RBY OU: GGFan vs marcoasd - Go daddy!

Last edited:
im making an actual predictions post for the first time ever. im not good at old gens so i'll not touch it :psyduck:

Cryos Vs. Wolfpack
SM OU: Poek [55] vs [45] ABR - I know what poek is able to do better than anyone tbh :psynervous: hes not on his peak but he usually knows how to deal with ABRs so im gonna give him the edge here. Hot game for sure.
SM OU: London Beats [55] vs [45] Trosko - Both are solid players but I think that LB's style fits kinda better in this matchup, close one tho.
SM UU: HT [60] vs [40] PokeTCG gamer1288 - Ive seen more of ht in UU and i like him.
SM RU: New Breed [45] vs [55] soulgazer - Both have been showing really nice games/teams, looking forward to watch it.
SM NU: ict [60] vs [40] Earth - This piece of toxic trash has had some nice wins in his belt and he is also really lucky, idt he'll lose this one.
SM DOU: Biosci [55] vs [45] marilli - I do really really really like to watch both playing, it will be a cool one for sure. Still curious about why Biosci is so fucking good and still gets drafted with such low prices every SPL rofl.
ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang [65] vs [35] Updated Kanto - Idt cbb can be stopped after his game vs nintendi tbh, dudes insanely good.

Scooters Vs. Tyrants

SM OU: Obliviate [40] vs [60] z0mOG - zomog has been doing way better.
SM OU: FlamingVictini [55] vs [45] psychicmewtwo - i think it will come down to the team matchup tbh so im favoring FV here, pm2 is a really solid player tho ive been saying it for a while now, nice to see him doing well.
SM UU: Lycans [55] vs [45] Christo - Strong players, could go either way.
SM RU: njnp [40] vs [60] SilentVerse - SV is cute and RU main while njnp talks more than he should. Wheres my boy feliburn :psygrump:
SM NU: Eternally [40] vs [60] cb jose altuve - meeps is just too good to drop games.
SM DOU: miltankmilk [55] vs [45] stax - I like milk so much :psysly:
ORAS OU: Mounts [51] vs [49] Get this Money - Similar styles (oras just seems to be the same team every time anyway tbh) but i kinda like more mounts playing wise with no fear, its so crazy i kinda see myself eating baguettes when i watch him playing.
BW OU: elodin [55] vs [45] dice - dice is cute but my boy will stomp this whole tour. im impressed with his last week's game btw.

Classiest Vs. Ruiners

SM OU: Sabella [40] vs [60] Cdumas - Cdumas playing wise is on top rn and idt it will change in a near future, while sab seems to be not too confident with his playing and is showing it in his games. :psycry:
SM OU: Blackoblivion [55] vs [45] Kory2600 - seems like BO has overcome the snake fiasco and is making a hot showing for sure. Kory is doing well too but tbh i just wanna see he losing real bad so my boy DD can finally make his SPL debut after all his training :psysly:
SM UU: Sacri' [100] vs [0] Bushtush - Sacri likes sia thats enough for me.
SM RU: Ajna [53] vs [47] Chill Shadow - Both helped me on my RU debut so i really know what they are cappable to do. CS going 0-3 is really weird btw id never expect it but well, maybe he'll use it in his favor to overcome the expectations. Ajna on the another hand has been doing well and is as good as CS so i give him the edge this time. GL to both:psyglad:
SM NU: Pohjis [55] vs [45] lax - They have showed the same playing wise level lately so im favoring the NU Open winner this time.
SM DOU: EmbCPT [60] vs [40] Croven - Mas a festa ainda pode ser bonita... Arrebita, arrebita, arrebita. :psysly:
ORAS OU: Znain [55] vs [45] Empo - Both are solid players, could go either way but i like more znain's style.

Sharks vs Bigs

SM OU: Lednah [40] vs [60] John - bro fist is one of my favorite newer gens players, and he lost two games in a row so i expect him to be motivated to bring a win now. bring the UNGODLY set man thats gonna work :psywoke:
SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST [51] vs [49] Eo Ut Mortus - Favoring btb for the tryhard prep but eo is kinda better as player overall, it will be a cool one for sure.
SM UU: dodmen [60] vs [40] Manipulative - dodmen is threatening :psygrump:
SM RU: Tricking [45] vs [55] Windsong - im impressed about how solid windsong has been at his games.
SM NU: Teddeh [49] vs [51] Kushalos - close one since both of them seem to have great team choices every week.
SM DOU: Demantoid [51] vs [49] Jhon - too many dou good games oml :psywoke:
ORAS OU: Axel [55] vs [45] xray - I really like both, could go either way as well.

Last edited:
BW OU: elodin vs dice
BW OU: LuckOverSkill vs ZoroDark
BW OU: bluri vs Posho

DPP OU: NightFox vs We Three Kings

UD

BeerLover
Will do predictions on the only tier for which I am qualified to do so:

Interesting matchup, and certainly not the one we were expecting to see going in to Week 4, though by no means am I lamenting the loss of BKC vs. Callous, as it granted us the opportunity to see BKC vs. McMeghan in BW. But that's neither here nor there. Jirachee is mostly unproven in ADV, though I think he has had some experience playing it on the big stage in the past. He's definitely a capable player though, and he is surrounded by excellent ADV players on the Raiders, so I'm expecting a good showing from him. Callous is still getting his feet wet in his first SPL, and he has had his ups and downs. I've seen some really strong lines of play from him, and some misplays as well. For the most part though, I've been a fan of his play and he has definitely turned his game up as of late. Going with Callous in this one.

Matchup between two of the greatest technicians in modern day ADV. In a sense, they are polar opposites as team builders. In one corner, Asta builds sturdy teams around known staples, but he is no stranger to busting out the insane set or spread on an otherwise standard team (see: Sing Blissey), and use those surprises to his advantage. In the other corner, danilo often does not stop at one wild or unexpected set, but rather continues the theme until he has a team of five mons, and then slaps on CB Metagross at the end. Both of these guys are excellent in game as well; that statement requires no further explanation. I am really looking forward to this matchup of contrasting styles. Can the ultimate stallbreaking player beat the sturdiest force in the tier? Stay tuned to find out!

ADV OU: thelinearcurve vs undisputed

"When it rains, it pours." Linear has gotten off to a regrettable 0-3 start, and is rewarded with a game against undisputed for his troubles. While I am still as high on linear as just about anyone you'll meet, there is no denying that something seems off with him through the first three weeks of his SPL career. The predictions haven't been there, his aggressive plays have all but evaporated from his repertoire, the list goes on. I want to bold his name here because I know he is capable of beating anyone, but there's just no way I can pick him over undisputed right now. undisputed is a terrific player with a laundry list of accomplishments to his name. He has even been branching out in the teambuilding department, bringing some really great offensive squads sandwiched around a sturdier MagDol CurseLax team. Going with the US West cornerstone for this one.

ADV OU: Kevin Garrett vs Triangles

Really close game pitting two players who have thus far overachieved with respect to their preseason rankings against each other. KG has looked quite good so far, beating both of Callous and linear before falling to danilo this past week. He busted out the surprise physical Zapdos against Callous in W1, which should keep players on their toes against him in future weeks. I expect a rather fat team from him, with the usual suspects of Blissey, Suicune, and Metagross gracing his side of the battlefield. After getting bopped by the second of what has seemed like a billion DD Lum Ice Beam Tyranitars this SPL in Week 1, Triangles has rattled off consecutive wins over yours truly and linear, playing great in both games. I have been super impressed with his play this tournament so far, and he's shown he means business. Giving him the slight edge this matchup.

Ojama and I are tentatively scheduled for Saturday at 2pm EST. Be there or be square. Also if I lose I probably won't do another prediction post since I'm superstitious about this things, xD

Drop a fresh like if you enjoyed this post, otherwise enjoy your day and make sure to grab a cold one tonight. :blobthumbsup:

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
TDK vs Nintendi 52:48 - going with my gut feeling here

CrashinBoomBang vs Updated Kanto 60:40 - CBB is the GOAT he he can bring any team no matter how wild it is and i think he might get this 4-0

Mounts vs Get this Money 55:45 - hard to go against my bro but Mounts has been quite unlucky so far with defintely solid performances + i think he is just way more motivated.

Znain vs Empo 50:50 - Znain prepped really well the last week but Empo is on fire and really wants to win whenever he gets the chance. close one.

will play axel asap as always but depends on when he answers c_c

SM DOU: Kaori (51) vs (49) MajorBowman
This is the highlight of the early part of the DOU season. Its hard to pick against someone I know as well as Bowman but Sam kicked my ass last week, has been building really innovative, sturdy teams and has his mojo back. That said I think this is still a coinflip and is going to come down to a couple breaks in the game. Taking sam because he kicked my ass tho.

SM DOU: Biosci(45) vs marilli (55)
Feel like this is a classic "everyone still sleeping on biosci" pick but I just think marilli is due for a bounce back game. Another very good matchup (as I think all of the DOU matchups have been) that could go either way. We'll see how marilli responds to mega gengar and the boys but my gut says marilli takes it.

SM DOU: EmbCPT (70) vs (30) Croven
10 percent of this prediction is Croven's mentality that he is going to lose these games, the other 10 percent between them is that Embc is very good at pokemon. I've been very impressed by the creativity Embc has shown thus far and I hope he keeps bringing the interesting techs and lesser used Pokemon that have given him the edge in his matchups.

SM DOU: Demantoid (51) vs (49) Jhon
A tight one and what i'd predict to be the most interesting set of 12 mons that we see, I think Demantoid will win a close one here. More of a gut pick than being based on results but I'm very excited to watch this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)