Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - April 2010

Seriously? The whole manipulating tiering to keep something out of UU is retarded - in most cases, you'd likely end up playing OU more than you would UU, at which point... well, there is no point.

Wow Aerodactyl and Swampert leads rose.
Despite my efforts, Gallade still remains 67 :(

Question: Why is Magikarp a UBER lead...

Exactly, it's retarded, and the Magikarp thing was done as an April Fool's joke for the express purpose of being retarded.

Aero as a lead is mostly for aggressive offensive teams that are supposed to keep the pressure on so that the opponent doesn't get to lay SR or it's pointless by the time they get to do it. These teams often don't mind having a 1-2 disadvantage or even 1-3 or 1-4 sometimes.

Wonder what the new "why didn't I think of that earlier?" set will be, seeing how effective Choice Scarftar is.

Now that Machamp and Scarftar are up, it could be Spiritomb's time to shine. Spiritomb is the best Machamp counter in OU, is a Spin Blocker that isn't Pursuit weak, and can kill Azelf if used in the lead position.

Also, it has never been explained how someone used a team of all Ubers on the OU ladder in February.

Now that Machamp and Scarftar are up, it could be Spiritomb's time to shine. Spiritomb is the best Machamp counter in OU, is a Spin Blocker that isn't Pursuit weak, and can kill Azelf if used in the lead position.

Also, it has never been explained how someone used a team of all Ubers on the OU ladder in February.
waitreally?!
what?

oh and as for spiritomb, Which set would people use (to others aswell)?
I' go for the rest-talk set first :/

| Tyranitar | Item | Choice Scarf | 37.8 |
| Tyranitar | Item | Leftovers | 17.7 |
| Tyranitar | Item | Babiri Berry | 10.1 |
| Tyranitar | Item | Other (6) | < 9.2 |

And the remainging 25.2% used what? No item? -.^

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Damn Tyranitar is kind of sick. Just least year Choice Band was the most used item on it, now its not even in the top three. ScarfTar is ridiculously good though, it really is surprising that he didn't get popularized way earlier. Especially when you consider he's built very similarly to Heatran (stats wise), who would almost always want to carry Scarf over Specs.

humm...it look like i am late, the magikarp joke was not funny but i guess its because i have no sense of humor when it comes to stuff like that, lucario usage is droping very slowly, maybe not the usage but his current position is. thank you doug, those stats will be useful for the competitive players out there, they can make good use of this. that aside i still need to understand one thing:machamp cant be bulky to the point of surviving modest life orb yanmega air slash, but he take 90% from the damn atack, that damn anti-lead is fucking broken.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If people really hates Machamp leads, run a Specs Heatran lead!! Specs Overheat OHKOs Machamp and stuff like Occa Metagross.

If people really hates Machamp leads, run a Specs Heatran lead!! Specs Overheat OHKOs Machamp and stuff like Occa Metagross.
Every Machamp lead I've come across has had a Focus Sash. Something simple like Lead Metagross @ Lum Berry takes it out with no problems (Meteor Mash -> Bullet Punch). You'll take a lot of damage from DynamicPunch and you probably won't be able to set up Stealth Rock, but they won't either and you're up a Pokemon.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Focus Sash?? On a bulky Pokemon like Machamp?? That's interesting. Anyways, as mentioned already, Lum Metagross pretty much wrecks leadChamp. Machamp can't OHKO Meta with anything either.

lum berry is the best option, but other stuff like leftovers can work if you got a sleep talk pokemon in your team, either way machamp anti-leads are really a pain in the ass, this show how effective they are....

A combination of Machamp, and Gyarados/Magnezone can be used to work around Metagross leads. Metagross won't 2HKO Machamp with Meteor Mash+Bullet Punch, but who cares; it's faster than Machamp almost 100% of the time.

Anyways, Magnezone is a perfect switch into Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch, or any attack Metagross has that is not called Earthquake. Thanks to Lead Metagross almost never running enough speed to beat Naive Magnezone, it's as good as dead. It's a prime oppertunity for Magnezone to Levitate, setup Screens, and Thunderbolt Metagross.

I still prefer the RestTalker (the only RestTalker I'll use), but it can take on so many Pokemon, while saving Dynamic Punch's precious PPs with Sleep Talk.

Every Machamp lead I've come across has had a Focus Sash. Something simple like Lead Metagross @ Lum Berry takes it out with no problems (Meteor Mash -> Bullet Punch). You'll take a lot of damage from DynamicPunch and you probably won't be able to set up Stealth Rock, but they won't either and you're up a Pokemon.
Who in the right mind puts Focus Sash on Machamp? That's like playing Focus Sash on Metagross. And Machamp can't lay Stealth Rock anyway.

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
Latias is getting wrecked by ttar. Magikarp is also powning people in ubers with the awe inspiring splash instant KO set.

Who in the right mind puts Focus Sash on Machamp? That's like playing Focus Sash on Metagross. And Machamp can't lay Stealth Rock anyway.
Yeah, Machamp functions best with Lum Berry, lets it beat a few more leads with no real cost, since most leads can't even hope to OHKO it. (Specs Heatran has a thin chance iirc.) And thank you, Doug!

(PS Don't know why Meta as a lead dropped, it actually can beat 'champ.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)