Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - February & March 2010

Expert Belt Ttar is a stupid idea because Ttar is already slow and has a lot of exploitable weaknesses. The drawback to Scarftar is that it doesn't hit as hard. The drawback to CB is that it's not fast enough. Take away both and you get a novelty shock value set that becomes almost immediately useless the second you use a move (which most likely won't kill anything because you are now too slow to kill sweepers and too weak to break walls). Ttar can run other useful sets/items besides scarf, but Expert Belt is definitely not one of them. Nor LO for that matter.
DD Tyranitar! It hits hard enough, it can be fast enough, etc.

Anyway: Most people say Electivire is crap... but if it falls to UU it would be a quite potent poke there... maybe even broken.
And i see Yanmega was forgotten...

DD Tyranitar! It hits hard enough, it can be fast enough, etc.

Anyway: Most people say Electivire is crap... but if it falls to UU it would be a quite potent poke there... maybe even broken.
And i see Yanmega was forgotten...
If Electivire falls to UU, he may be devastating, but the again, he may end up like Rhyperior.

Due to his ability to damage almost all types Super Effectively with a single set, I don't see him remaining in UU for long.

Do any good players actually use Electivire or Ninjask?

It would be fun to "game" the system somewhat and stop using Heracross and Tentacruel in OU just to be able to play with them in UU. They both can be quite useful in OU but in UU, they could be gods. (Well, mostly Hera.)

Do any good players actually use Electivire or Ninjask?

It would be fun to "game" the system somewhat and stop using Heracross and Tentacruel in OU just to be able to play with them in UU. They both can be quite useful in OU but in UU, they could be gods. (Well, mostly Hera.)
Son, don't fuck with Swords Dance Tentacruel. The only thing in UU to resist his STABs is Quagsire, who Tentacruel just eats with Giga Drain.

Im surprised machamp isn't used more with all the t-tar.
And for all you latias players sick of t-tar, try sub latias. Sub protects it from pursuit, so you get free set up with Lucario. Fun

Im surprised machamp isn't used more with all the t-tar.
And for all you latias players sick of t-tar, try sub latias. Sub protects it from pursuit, so you get free set up with Lucario. Fun
Machamp is a great Pokemon, and I love the Rest/Sleep Talk variant for not fearing Rotom's Will-O-Wisp. If you look at the 'more destructive' fighting Pokemon in OU, Machamp has a lot of competition fighting for a spot. He does not setup as well as Infernape, or Lucario, and he does not have Spore like Breloom.

11 | Infernape | 110546 | 14.72
12 | Lucario | 104562 | 13.93
18 | Breloom | 73288 | 9.76

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
Expert Belt Ttar is a stupid idea because Ttar is already slow and has a lot of exploitable weaknesses. The drawback to Scarftar is that it doesn't hit as hard. The drawback to CB is that it's not fast enough. Take away both and you get a novelty shock value set that becomes almost immediately useless the second you use a move (which most likely won't kill anything because you are now too slow to kill sweepers and too weak to break walls). Ttar can run other useful sets/items besides scarf, but Expert Belt is definitely not one of them. Nor LO for that matter.
Not to be disrespectful, but I couldn't disagree more with this. Expert Belt Tyranitar is a great stall breaker and gives great surprise value. As an example, think of what most players do to a Tyranitar when they see it. If they have Rotom out, what do they do? WoW it. What's a common switchin for Tyranitar? Skarmory and Forretress. Fire Blast it. What else switches in often, Gliscor? Ice beam that. A Pokemon doesn't need to be fast to defeat stall; on the contrary, many Pokemon on stall teams are slower than an Expert Belt Tyranitar.

The stats are finnally here, it's already been a long while, thanks.
I'm hating the popularity that tyranitar is gaining.

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
I absolutely love these statistics!

| Starmie | Ability | Illuminate | 6.5 |

Apparently 6.5% of Starmie users have no idea what they are doing.
haha yea i always forget to change that ;-;

anyway scarftar is so popular lol. wonder who started that trend

Son, don't fuck with Swords Dance Tentacruel. The only thing in UU to resist his STABs is Quagsire, who Tentacruel just eats with Giga Drain.
Toxicroak resists both, and qwilfish. only empoleon does in ou I think but tentacruel's speed would be the big thing in uu since 100 is very fast there.

WECAMEASROMANS

Banned deucer.
Swampert is used more as a lead than Metagross, finally taking over as the #2 most used lead. However, in terms of just slots on a team, Metagross is the #9 used poke, while Swampert is the #10.... Lol, that's interesting.

And oh my god Scarf Tyranitar usage is insane. Since when did so many people use it? I swear every Tyranitar I face now I almost assume it to be scarfed right from the beginning if I don't see any leftovers recovery...

And holy shit! Rotom-H is used more than Latias lol. Also interesting to see Heatran actually beat Salamence in terms of usage in February. Too bad Salamence regained its spot back in March. God damnit, I seriously hate that dragon....

Lastly, Scizor usage is contionously decreasing, but it still remains the #1 used poke. How many more months will it take for it to finally fall from grace? Actually, with all these Scarf Tars running around, you would expect CB Scizor usage to rise more, but apparently its the opposite. :/

haha yea i always forget to change that ;-;

anyway scarftar is so popular lol. wonder who started that trend
I believe it was Megan Fox's RMT, and then a whole bunch of people just started using it lol.

| 469 | Giratina-o | 1 | 0.00 |
| 473 | Garchomp | 1 | 0.00 |
| 475 | Deoxys-f | 1 | 0.00 ||
| 477 | Palkia | 1 | 0.00 |
| 479 | Shaymin-s | 1 | 0.00 |
| 481 | Latios | 1 | 0.00 |

Someone used a team with 6 ubers in February, in OU?

I believe it was Megan Fox's RMT, and then a whole bunch of people just started using it lol.
The growth of Scarf T-Tar was popularized more because a group of good players saw its potential in the metagame, not one person. If I was to give credit to my ScarfTar (I used MixScarf) use in this metagame, it goes to BotW #1 between Gouki and EW. This battle imo was the biggest metagame changer which also saw the rise of Taunt Skarm, etc in this metagame.

anyways, stats arent surprising. Every good team has at least 3 top 15-20ish pokemon and a good amount of common teams has all 6 in one team. I would like to say that this is because of the centralization that Latias created overtime, but I will not get into it

The first time I ever saw all physical Choice Scarf Tyranitar used competitively was in Taylor's RateMyTeam thread multiple months ago. It used a stall team with ScarfTar to absorb Trick and Pursuit many troublesome threats.

Lol, i think its sorta like a chain. I by no means was the first person to use a all physical choice scarf-tar. I just happened to see someone else using it and thats how i started using it. I got it from someone, people got it from me, people got it from those people etc. Things like RMT's really do help popularize stuff though since their so public. Examples of this are like CM Wish Jirachi or Proslass

Man i missed these stats lol. Thanks alot.

Also stop using Tentacruel please. I want him in UU so much haha. Blaziken check, Moltres counter, Houndoom check etc and SD LO Mix Tenta aka "Druid Cruel" is a monster, its seriously one of the best stall breakers in the entire game. Seems people have yet to figure this out though. Do calcs vs common OU stall Pokes and you'll see what i mean. A very underrated threat imo.

| Tentacruel | Move | Other (12) | < 3.7 |
So this is a little disappointing to see.

Wow and people actually use Sucknoir more than Hera ? Wtf :/

Tyvm for the stats, Doug!

interesting, with the rise of scarfttar, you'd think there'd be more scizors around to cover it.
There are less scizors cause of the increase of Spikes.. Making it unable to switch in as much as it used to.. And it suprised me a LOT that meta losed its place...

Thanks for the stats!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)