Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - May 2009

It seems more people than just me are using Rain teams in UU. That means people will start to prepare for it eventually. D:

It seems more people than just me are using Rain teams in UU. That means people will start to prepare for it eventually. D:
I'm pretty sure rain teams have always been popular in UU.

Question: What exactly has lead to Hera's decline, anybody care to share their opinion?

Hera's been on a steady decline for a long time now, about a bit before Platinum he started his fall. I'm not really sure why he's gone on the decline, as Platinum hasn't really changed the playing field much for him, except the popularity of Scarftran and Zapdos gaining Heatwave I guess. Oh and Gyarados and Mence are super popular and can take Hera easily, so people are gravitating more towards the other GSC bug.

Hera's been on a steady decline for a long time now, about a bit before Platinum he started his fall. I'm not really sure why he's gone on the decline, as Platinum hasn't really changed the playing field much for him, except the popularity of Scarftran and Zapdos gaining Heatwave I guess. Oh and Gyarados and Mence are super popular and can take Hera easily, so people are gravitating more towards the other GSC bug.
Choice Band 2HKOes Gyarados or Salamence using either STAB with Stealth Rock and Scarf can Toxic or Stone Edge. Zapdos doesn't like Toxic or Stone Edge but it is a threat, and Heatran can only revenge kill.

Along with the introduction of the Rotom forms, Heat Wave Zapdos, and the increased popularity of Timid Scarf Heatran with the banning of Chomp is Bullet Punch Scizor. Scizor can revenge kill Heracross rather easily after CC defense drops and can take Megahorns well. The choice set was probably the most popular set in DP, and the inclusion of things like Rotom who can easily switch in on select moves has really put a damper on the set. Cresselia use has also been declining since Platinum, and Heracross was always useful in dispatching of Cress. Scizor is probably more efficient at the job anyway.

Defensive/stall play is doing much better in UU now with the inclusion of Crobat. Crobat/Shaymin/Milotic/Registeel/Roserade/Spiritomb and sometimes Hitmontop over Shaymin is one of the most common teams I see. Before Crobat came back from Limbo, Blaziken and Honchkrow used to put these teams in sever danger, but having the bat as an offensive check to these wall breakers relieves a lot of pressure on the walls. Crobat also fits very well on these types of teams, preventing entry hazards and forcing a lot of switches. The delay of the removal of the suspects from the UU ladder has been far too long.

Rotom forms utterly destroy him, as well as Gliscor being used more often due to the lack of Garchomp's presence. Gyarados takes on Scizor extremely easily, and Salamence can be EV'd to do so as well, it is more of the fact that Scizor can abuse U-Turn + Stealth Rock to wear down counters in a hurry, where Heracross might risk Megahorning a Heatran or Close Combating Gengar.

I think Heracross' biggest problem is that it requires much too much prediction to be effective. Just glancing at the top 10 will show you that almost every pokemon there strongly resists at least one of Heracross' STABs. If you throw in the fact that Heracross is not particularly fast and usually needs a Choice item to hit as hard as it needs to, it is going to be giving TONS of setup opportunities to your opponent unless you predict perfectly every time. This just isn't worth it most of the time when pokemon that require little prediction like Salamence exist that can just gun off massively powerful moves that get their power from hitting everything neutral, or something like Infernape, which doesn't have to predict because it is fast enough to 2HKO things. If you then add in the addition of the Rotom forms and the prevalence of CBScizor doing ~50% with Bullet Punch (I'm assuming), the drop in Heracross usage is really not all that surprising.

Heracross is out classed mainly. SD sets are done better by Luke and the CB set is done better by Scizor (obviously these are comparatively as they have slight differences in moves). Scarf Cross is still good but definitely not his best set. As long as Luke and Scizor are in OU they will be considered first for those respective sets before Heracross which is why Heracross usage has gone down so much.

Hi guys im new in here! I have been checking out smogon often and now i even have the chance to post here! I have downloaded shoddy battle and i am pleased that the six pokemon i use( and almost never change them ) are used by other users too! I am referring to scizor 1 in usage, salamence 2 gengar 9! Now about the leads i see skarmory my lead 25 in usage and this is logical i think because of the taunt lead users!

Yes you see starmie is a must rapid spinner in case you have salamence gyarados etc..! But one other interesting thing is azelf remains a decent lead in second place! And that worries me because i have a skarmory lead so flamethpower and im down or switch to blissey and leave him set up and explode! I now understand its magnificent power and i will consider using it in my new shoddy team!

The best topic of the mouth. Here is the heart of the metagames. Thank so much for showing it Doug.

43 | Cresselia | 29042 | 4.29

Cesselia should be used more, she takes Outrages like a steel and CB U-turn does only like 30% on max hp/def Cresselia behind reflect.

To be honest the whole month i was playing on shoddy i didnt see one cresselia! I dont think it is the best staller in the game! Blissey is well and you see that it is used much! Personaly i have skarmbliss! The best stall ever! Furthermore with the usage of scizors of course rhyperior is used less and less! And another thing! Rotom formes are good and should be used more! I will have to wait one month to see if these forms go up in usage!

Is she the best staller or a sitting duck?
the only set that poses as a threat is the CM set, which can be destroyed with every team having scizor or Ttar.

I just thought I might point out that Heracross was the 8th most used Pokemon in October 2007!

Boy how things have changed!!

Cresselia is a good staller - but she needs Reflect to take on Scizor and Tyranitar, as well as reliable recovery, and Sand Stream takes it away, as well as boosting T-Tar's Sp. Def. to the point where it (theoretically) walls Cresselia herself.

@ Odisseas: Why do you end everything with an exclamation point?

oh god it looks as if suicide leads are coming back in style... Where did the good times go? Well, at least meta is inb the top leading spot, grats for that, however azelf has a close second which is just meh.
Not necessarily true played in good hands azelf can double up as an exploder or a mixed sweeper for your team exploder meaning blowing up on key walls which your team may have troubles with. If you predict SR going up from your opponent and you set up SR azelf may well come back later. Generally the term suicide lead is used looking at pokemons base stats, its actually what you do with them that actually makes the difference.

EDIT: Look at my post time and ap13095's time lol 1 second difference!

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
A bit late this time but thanks again, Doug.

And yeah, I'm done worrying about Electivire's usage at this point lol

I'm not too shocked at Garchomp's suspect usage. People are loving their chance to abuse it.

Especially me. But Skymin is still not that uber, i rarely saw him. i'm sad though because Deoxys-S is removed from the suspects.

wow,impressive,lucario is geeting better around those parts,i being a lucario fan myself,am happy to know this,and its also quite impressive that scizor,ho before DP generation was never used,now is on the first place of OU,bullet punch was his magic trick i guess

| Blissey | Nature | Calm | 55.6 |
| Blissey | Nature | Bold | 37.7 |

Nice to see the ever-widening gap between Calm and Bold Blissey.

To be honest the whole month i was playing on shoddy i didnt see one cresselia! I dont think it is the best staller in the game! Blissey is well and you see that it is used much! Personaly i have skarmbliss! The best stall ever! Furthermore with the usage of scizors of course rhyperior is used less and less! And another thing! Rotom formes are good and should be used more! I will have to wait one month to see if these forms go up in usage!
I don't know why Rhyperior is being used less! Rotom formes are 13th in usage! And another thing! Rotom is really good! Cresselia isn't the best staller!

Anyways, thanks Doug for all your efforts. I was flabbergasted at Garchomp's skyrocket usage; it's Official all over again, haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)