Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god, Aggron in NU...run!

And OU, please stop using Mew and Jirachi, they'd be awesome in UU.
Jirachi doesn't seem that cool for UU! And you know that it's a pretty good mon to use in OU, jirachi is fairly common for a reason, it has a cool typing and is pretty versatile but just the scarf set is cool enough and it seems better in this meta, good mon for voltturn and h.wish, let jirachi in OU because it is good!

And well, i haven't used or faced Mew in a while, i see it on the ladder sometimes but it's very very rare and recently i am not seeing mew around so yeah, it's a decent pokemon, not a great one and it doesn't see much usage in the current meta as it's not a mon you place on every team, Mew seems fine in UU and a good number of lower tier mons like Tangrowth and M-Aero are more useful than Mew in OU so i guess that it is going to drop soon, people are usually better with stuff like Victini and (mega) Latias or Latios so yeah.

It's not really good, it's weak (by OU standards), it's easily threated out by Heatran, both Charizards and Bisharp, all common and threatening Pokémon. Overall it's a decent Fairy check (bar Mega Altaria), but it's nothing special. In UU though, it would be one of the best Pokémon in the tier, so that's where it should go.

Shame Magnezone was BL, it could be contained fairly easily in UU IMO, but that's just theorymon.

It's not really good, it's weak (by OU standards), it's easily threated out by Heatran, both Charizards and Bisharp, all common and threatening Pokémon. Overall it's a decent Fairy check (bar Mega Altaria), but it's nothing special. In UU though, it would be one of the best Pokémon in the tier, so that's where it should go.

Shame Magnezone was BL, it could be contained fairly easily in UU IMO, but that's just theorymon.
Jirachi is A rank in the viability rankings, if you want OU mons that are "nothing special" look at Sylveon and regular scizor. Jirachi sets itself apart by being one if the metagames best pivots due to its high defenses, rocks, U-Turn, and serene grace allowing it to spread status or cripple the opponents momentum, plus it has a huge variety if sets ranging from Specially defensive, scarf, CM, among others. Plus it can U-Turn out of the Zard/tran/sharp switch-in which kills your momentum.

No Magnezone would not be fun in UU, as its trapping abilities and high stats would easily pave the way for sweepers such as Salamence and Gyarados, which is why it was banned in the first place.

Magnezone is a good mon in OU so i don't know why would it drop but remember that in UU you can still use Magneton and that is pretty cool. As for Jirachi, it has those flaws yeah but mons can't be perfect and have their checks, Jirachi may have a good number of counters or checks, it is bait for fire types, trapped by zone and there are bulky grounds but remember it has many advantages, scarf can u turn against those and gain momentum, hwish later and with proper teammates, jirachi can be vital to the success of the team, it is a pretty good poke in OU and deserves usage.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Wow, guess that makes Ferrothorn / Klefki / Skarmory pretty bad huh?

I'm not sure why you think so lowly of Jirachi atm. Scarf Jirachi alone is one of offense's most notable assets (thanks to its useful resists + supportive moves like U-turn and Healing Wish) while also being one of offense's greatest annoyances thanks to all of its flinching shenanigans. Meanwhile Jirachi still has set versatility going for it, so I feel you're simply not exploring Jirachi's niches in OU thoroughly.

Also to address the query on Magnezone, it was not banned because of its trapping, but because of how effortlessly the Specs Analytic set manhandled many cores by virtue of its typing, bulk, and powerful Volt Switching to steal momentum from non-Ground switch-ins.

I agree on Sylveon, that thing needs to drop but I've had good results with regular Scizor. With a Life Orb or Choice Band it can hit harder than its mega forme, and of course lets you use better megas like Charizard or Lopunny.

Let's not drop Mew.

Mew is very viable in OU, but unfortunately it hasn't been used that much lately. It's tied with Smeargle as the most diverse Pokemon in OU, (Smeargle has worse BST) functioning as a Defogger, a wall, a cleric, a screen setter, a sweeper, pretty much anything you want it to be. Start using it more OU.

Same goes with Conkeldurr. Not only has it been used a lot lately, but it's viable in OU too. It counters Bisharp and Weavile, it laughs at De Blob, it hits hard, it's hard to switch into, it has a good priority move combined with Attack, and is one of the best Bisharp stoppers in the meta. Don't ask me what it is about Conk that makes you want to drop so much.

I wouldn't mind Sylveon dropping, as it's not that great in OU outside of Baton Pass, but with the usage it's been getting lately, I don't think it's dropping for a long time.

Why do you guys want Celebi dropped? It's the best Rotom-W counter, it's tied with Scolipede as the best Baton Passer in the meta, it's a good cleric, it checks top-tier threats such as Keldeo and Azumarill, it has Natural Cure, no reason for it to move down.

You guys should shout at Mega Pinsir and Mega Alakazam more.

Personally I like Celebi and Conkeldurr, while I'd be interested to see Conk in UU I'm in no hurry for it to move down. While Mew could theroetically run a lot of sets, really there's only 1 or 2 it can run without being outclassed.

Pokémon Online had Mega Alakazam and Mega Pinsir in UU for a bit. Zam was deemed broken a few weeks later, Pinsir was banned almost immediately. That UU didn't have Zapdos, but it did have Raikou and Rotom-H.

sergey

Banned deucer.
Let's not drop Mew.

Mew is very viable in OU, but unfortunately it hasn't been used that much lately. It's tied with Smeargle as the most diverse Pokemon in OU, (Smeargle has worse BST) functioning as a Defogger, a wall, a cleric, a screen setter, a sweeper, pretty much anything you want it to be. Start using it more OU.

Same goes with Conkeldurr. Not only has it been used a lot lately, but it's viable in OU too. It counters Bisharp and Weavile, it laughs at De Blob, it hits hard, it's hard to switch into, it has a good priority move combined with Attack, and is one of the best Bisharp stoppers in the meta. Don't ask me what it is about Conk that makes you want to drop so much.

I wouldn't mind Sylveon dropping, as it's not that great in OU outside of Baton Pass, but with the usage it's been getting lately, I don't think it's dropping for a long time.

Why do you guys want Celebi dropped? It's the best Rotom-W counter, it's tied with Scolipede as the best Baton Passer in the meta, it's a good cleric, it checks top-tier threats such as Keldeo and Azumarill, it has Natural Cure, no reason for it to move down.

You guys should shout at Mega Pinsir and Mega Alakazam more.
i dont have much problem with your post because you have some good points but why would mega alakazam and pinsir drop, theyre one of the best and least prepared for megas in ou right now

but why would mega alakazam and pinsir drop, theyre one of the best and least prepared for megas in ou right now
I don't really want both of them to drop either, as I agree with you that they're good in OU, but with the usage they've been getting lately............... it's pretty likely. Both would be quickbanned to BL though.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
I honestly have no idea why people use Sylveon in OU when there is a completely better alternative for like all its sets in Clefable. Ya I know it may not be as strong with no Pixilate Hyper Voice, but Clef can more easily build up a few CM boosts and start firing off quite equally powerful Moonblasts. I feel it deserved to be UU since XY, and am still quite boggled that people still use it now that the "fresh toy syndrome" is way overdue. Lets make #SylveontoUU happen in May boyz.

Manectric to NU is flat-out stupid. Between incredible coverage and a variety of options, little can stop it. Looking forward to showing the ladder that Manectric needs some love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)