ORAS OU Subcune set reached 1502 (29 wins 6 losses)

Hey guys, Implaser here and I recently made a new team surrounding the substitute suicune set. Please rate my team and how i can improve it.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Protect

THE MVP of my team, this mon is the standard set of substitute smogon set found on smogon. It can 1v1 serperior if it gets a sub up when serp switches in and as soon as its counters are removed from the other team, all it needs is to set up, pp stall and ravage the other team.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Tyranitar is the main hitter of my team. It is my lati counter of the team and allows me to pursuit trap the psychic type on the opponents team along with charizard y( pursuit has a 50% chance to ohko if it tries to escape)

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I realized that my team needed a good defogger which also hits hard and latios came to mind. It is carrying the usual set along with hp fire as I needed a way to counter pesky steel types that switch in on it like ferro and scizor and my team did not have counter for those. Draco +hp fire faints ferro, so there is no need to be scared to use a draco

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam

Lopunny is the fast hard hitter of my team Fakeout is used for some chip damage. I originally had ice punch but replaced it with ice beam as bulky def garchomp and lando were destroying it as ice punch would not ko and would lead to recoil due to rough skin and rocky helmet. Ice beam is guaranteed 2hko against both of them.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Toxic

I needed a mon to revenge kill all the scarf mons in the battle and also hits hard and i decided to go with keldeo as it easily survives a +2 bullet punch or sucker punch from scizor and bisharp respectively. Toxic is put there to counter Tangrowth and slowbro as they usually switch in on its moves.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

As my final mon I picked up Ferro as my draco switch in and azu counter. Standard moveset with great typing helps my team to counter Azu, the latis and fairy type mons.

This is my first type i uploaded an RMT post. Any tips to imrove it is accepted.

Hi. Nice team you have got.

Looking at your team, here are some threats I found:
  • Mega Medicham - nothing switches in; Suicune could beat it 1v1 but you lose a mon everytime it comes in
  • BirdSpam - similar to the previous: plows through your team
Hence, here are some suggestions to deal with these threats:

>
My first change would be replacing Ferrothorn with PhysDef Lando-T. Although Ferrothorn gives your team really nice resists, it gives up something even more important for your team: momentum. Going to Ferrothorn gives your opponent a chance to get on the upper hand of you, say switching to MMedicham, in turn causing you to lose 1 mon unnecessarily. In contrast, Lando-T checks important threats like MMedicham and BirdSpam while maintaining momentum with access to U-Turn. It gets Rocks too so you don't have to fit Rocks somewhere else. However, this change makes you weaker to Dragon and Fairy types, which I shall fix later on.

>
Now that you lack a Steel, I went with Scarf Jirachi > Tyranitar. While Pursuit trapping can be really useful and CB Tar can wallbreak pretty effectively, I decided that TTar was the best to be replaced as what it does for your team isn't super important and its low Speed allows many threats to come in, giving your team a tougher time. Scarf Rachi was chosen mainly because of what your team lacked defensively after the replacement of Ferrothorn. Outspeeding the entire unboosted metagame, Scarf Rachi is a great revenge killer and can even get you wins with clutch flinches. The main thing it does for your team, though, is taking a Draco and/or Fairy hit, allowing you to gain momentum afterwards with U-Turn which lets you go to a teammate to deal some damage. With access to U-Turn, Rachi forms a VoltTurn core with Lando-T, keeping up momentum for your team so that you can control the game more easily. It's really nice that it gets Healing Wish too, as this allows it to heal a weakened teammate, giving it a second chance at glory.

Specs > Scarf; Focus Blast > ToxicSince you already have Scarf on Jirachi, you don't need Scarf on this and can run Specs for some nice special firepower instead. Specs Keldeo complements VinCune well in that it weakens many Water switch-ins with Scald burns or its fighting coverage, giving VinCune an easier time lategame. I chose to go with Focus Blast instead of Toxic as it can catch Rotom-W, which is super annoying for your team, off guard and OHKO it after Rocks.

Toxic > Ice BeamIf you miss Toxic on Keldeo, MLop is a good user of it too as Toxic cripples its many checks such as Lando-T and Slowbro. This change also allows you to run max Attack on MLop.

Here are the sets:
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Toxic

That's it for my rate. Hope I helped, thanks for reading and have a nice day! n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)