Suicide Cup Doubles!

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
It's already been brought up, but yeah, Skill Swap Xatu + Fast SRer + 4 quad-SR-weak mons can wrap things up very easily. In addition, Xatu can't be taunted too.

Otherwise, I think Magic Bouncers in general are very good since they avoid Taunt and Phazing altogether.

Also what's the stand on Explosion and Self Destruct? If they're banned, then Healing Wish and Lunar Dance should be too (While the switch in is in fact healed, it's not a problem because Toxic Orb will kick in any way).
Banned Moves:
-Memento
-Healing Wish
-Heal Pulse
-Lunar Dance
-Magic Room
-Nature Power
-Imprison
-All attacks except typeless Dragon Rage
-Curse

Oh and don't both Sableye and that dark cat thing learn both Prankster Taunt and Swagger?

Turn 1: Use Taunt on both the opponents.

Toxic Orb kicks in

Turn 2: Use Swagger on each other.

Turn 3: Keep using Swagger.

Die.

Last edited:

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Hmm... Here's an interesting combo I thought of:

Combine a choice band/scarf pokemon with a Rough Skin pokemon with taunt (Druddigon or Sharpedo, druddigon is probably better). Use a status move with the choiced user, then taunt the choice user. It'll be forced to struggle, causing massive recoil damage with rough skin + rocky helmet. This basically allows you to KO a pokemon in 3 turns. I don't think this violates any rules (correct me if I'm wrong) Viable y/n?

Oh and don't both Sableye and that dark cat thing learn both Prankster Taunt and Swagger?

Turn 1: Use Taunt on both the opponents.

Flame Orb kicks in (Burn does more damage than Toxic until 3 turns)

Turn 2: Use Swagger on each other.

Turn 3: Keep using Swagger.

Die.
Yeah but Burn limits the amount of confusion damage you do to yourself. Also Murkrow can do this too

Im kinda new to this but how does this set sound:

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Pressure -->Magic Bounce
- Taunt

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 3 HP / 0 Def
- Belly Drum

Riolu
Ability: Prankster
- Follow Me

Pichu
Ability: Lightning Rod
- Follow Me

Send out Absol+Darmanitan. Use Taunt on Darmanitan + Belly Drum. Darmanitan struggle on Absol. Send in Riolu. Use Follow+Me, Darmanitan struggle. Send in Pichu. Use Follow+Me, Darmanitan struggle.
Now in 4 turns, you killed 4 pokemon. Are my calcs right?

Important Edit: This doesn't work because you can't target struggle (at least that's how custom doubles worked against myself)

Last edited:
Assuming the foe doesn't do anything to prevent that, yes.
After testing, I found out that you can't target struggle, which means you have to have taunt/disable + followme/ragepowder on your first pokemon for this to work. Only Electivire, Magmortar, Mr. Mime, Ariados, Spinarak, Venomoth, Venonat and obviously Smeargle can do this, so this leaves Darmantian open to taunt, unless it outspeeds so you should run scarf.

After testing, I found out that you can't target struggle, which means you have to have taunt/disable + followme/ragepowder on your first pokemon for this to work. Only Electivire, Magmortar, Mr. Mime, Ariados, Spinarak, Venomoth, Venonat and obviously Smeargle can do this, so this leaves Darmantian open to taunt, unless it outspeeds so you should run scarf.
Given that we no longer have hope for a relevant ability, Smeargle is probably the best opinion for this, and Disable lasts longer than Taunt. However, if you want Smeargle somewhere else on your team, Mr. Mime can also run Magic Coat to stop a predicted Taunt, and it gets things like Snatch, Encore, etc. if you're so inclined.

Hmm... Here's an interesting combo I thought of:

Combine a choice band/scarf pokemon with a Rough Skin pokemon with taunt (Druddigon or Sharpedo, druddigon is probably better). Use a status move with the choiced user, then taunt the choice user. It'll be forced to struggle, causing massive recoil damage with rough skin + rocky helmet. This basically allows you to KO a pokemon in 3 turns. I don't think this violates any rules (correct me if I'm wrong) Viable y/n?
You can't choose who struggle attacks, so the roughskin/rockhelmet user has to have followme or ragepoweder. Other than that, it will work

EV

Banned deucer.
Im kinda new to this but how does this set sound:

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Pressure -->Magic Bounce
- Taunt

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Lonely Nature
IVs: 3 HP / 0 Def
- Belly Drum

Riolu
Ability: Prankster
- Follow Me

Pichu
Ability: Lightning Rod
- Follow Me

Send out Absol+Darmanitan. Use Taunt on Darmanitan + Belly Drum. Darmanitan struggle on Absol. Send in Riolu. Use Follow+Me, Darmanitan struggle. Send in Pichu. Use Follow+Me, Darmanitan struggle.
Now in 4 turns, you killed 4 pokemon. Are my calcs right?

Important Edit: This doesn't work because you can't target struggle (at least that's how custom doubles worked against myself)
You forgot the part in the rules where it says you have to run 4 moves and you have to include Dragon Rage somewhere in that four as your only damaging attack.

Rage Powder

Also:
Have a Klutz user and a Trapper out. Have the trapper toxic the klutz pokemon and have the klutz trick an assault vest onto another pokemon.
Switch out the Klutz and swap it into a Gardevoir. The trapper can protect.
Have Gardevoir use skill swap on the opponent without the AV.
They are now forced to kill the trapper.

Basically, a trapper facing a pokemon with AV and another with Telepathy
Stupid and complicated? Yes. Do I like stupid and complicated strategies? Yes.

Rage Powder

Also:
Have a Klutz user and a Trapper out. Have the trapper toxic the klutz pokemon and have the klutz trick an assault vest onto another pokemon.
Switch out the Klutz and swap it into a Gardevoir. The trapper can protect.
Have Gardevoir use skill swap on the opponent without the AV.
They are now forced to kill the trapper.

Basically, a trapper facing a pokemon with AV and another with Telepathy
Stupid and complicated? Yes. Do I like stupid and complicated strategies? Yes.
Sadly, you lose to taunt.

As i said, it's stupid and complicated, which I like.

Rage Powder/Follow Me can be a cool utility tool as a few pokemon get it and attracts taunt if another pokemon is setting up. It causes it to catch Dragon Rage which can kill you and let your partner a free turn as it has +2 priority. Really useful to gain a free turn.

good thing self-destruct and explosion are banned, or else everyone would be running

I'm kinda glad that isn't allowed, then it would be boring and no one would play it. So be glad that restriction breeds creativity.

Stealth Rock should be banned IMO, as it creates 1/8 damage per switch which creates a huge advantage. That kind of damage is crucial in this metagame where the most concistant damage is DRage/SBoom and status. A suspect for now is fine

I think that Magic Guard should just be banned. The only reason that I can see so far for the ban of those pokemon is Magic Guard+Skill Swap/Entrainment, and Skill Swap is so useful. It prevents opponents from being damaged and can force switches. Those pokemon are perfectly viable without Magic Guard and may find a use in the meta, especially Sigilyph with Wonder Skin

On a different note: Underrated/Stupid combos

Telepathy+Ability Transfer
Wonder Skin+Ability Transfer
Trapping
Shed Skin+Ability Transfer
Rowap Berry+Harvest
Taunt+Torment
Aftermath

Honestly, Belly Drum needs to be banned. If you get HP evs just right, you live the first belly drum with 51% HP, allowing you to execute another one, and then toxic orb kills you.
Belly Drum fails if the user is at +6 already. 2x Belly Drum would require Attack-lowering support, making it take substantially more resources and probably not be worth it.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Here's a team I kinda like:
Mime Jr. (F) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Soundproof
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def
- Skill Swap
- Attract
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Rage

Gothorita (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Attract
- Dragon Rage
- Trick
- Swagger

Mr. Mime (F) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Soundproof
Hasty Nature
- Skill Swap
- Attract
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Rage

Gothitelle (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Swagger
- Attract
- Dragon Rage

Jynx (F) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Oblivious
Hasty Nature
- Perish Song
- Attract
- Lovely Kiss
- Dragon Rage

Smoochum (F) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Oblivious
Hasty Nature
- Perish Song
- Attract
- Sweet Kiss
- Dragon Rage
Basically, this strategy attempts to trap the opponent on the field with a Perish Song immunity so as to clean up your last 3-4 mons in six turns. The idea is to lead with a Mime and a Goth to Skill Swap Soundproof to the opponent while leaving them unable to do anything while you set up for a Perish Song sweep due to paralysis and infatuation stacking They are trapped by Tag at all times, meaning they cannot overwrite their Skill Swap, and as such you minimise the risk of them losing all six Pokemon. If they somehow break through the barrier of Tag once by fainting, you simply give the new Pokemon Soundproof (which is why 2 mimes are necessary to maximise the success rate) and reset the immobilisation strategy. Tricking the opp Leftovers maximises their life span, minimising the chance of them fainting and allowing you to break ahead more easily. Once the tricking, infatuation and paralysis is all complete, you proceed to kill the mimes with Swagger and Dragon Breath, re-infatuating any male Pokemon on the opposingside when the first mime faints and doing the same v.s. Females on the off-chance a goth faints. Basically, once you no longer need your opp to have lefties (i.e. The turn on/before the second ime dies), it is best to trick back their initial item due to at least one Shadow Tag user needing to be in-tact when a member of the Jynx line comes out. This is the reason that I have Gothitelle over Gothita and why they are timid with no attack investment or dropped IVs: the tag users need to maximise the amount of time they can stay alive for to ensure that the Perish Songs leave more turns than is possible to regain lost ground before my last mon's death.

Basically, this is the closest thing to wonder trio semistall as you can get in this meta imo. It is kinda matchup-based (like wonder trio in general) and tries to extend the amount of time that it takes for them to ware themselves down to the point where the strategy can afford irs setup egepnning to malfunction by disallowing the necessary number of turns to pull it back before the oerish counter counts down.

Not got replays of it in action cause im forgetful and never remember to save them :/ I have a good record with it tho ;) it has flaws like any strat does too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)