Sun & Moon OU Reservation Index v2

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Long overdue tbh, but QC has decided that Shift Gear and Double Dance Magearna should have separate sets, instead of being merged together like they currently are. They function too differently to be considered one set. That being said, Double Dance Magearna is up for reservation, considering that Shift Gear is the main focus on the other set, and it will be easier to fix. Badgeholder only.

Gary

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
3 Attacks Roost Mega Zard X needs a set, cause it's arguably it's best set atm, and is one of the reasons it's potentially rising in viability. This is open for everyone, but please, don't fuck it up.

King Sceptile

Banned deucer.
Just got a notification from this so ill take it, and yes I've used it enough to write an analysis.

Edit: Do non-badged users have to ask for actual approval before writing something like this?

Gary

Just got a notification from this so ill take it, and yes I've used it enough to write an analysis.

Edit: Do non-badged users have to ask for actual approval before writing something like this?
Everyone has to follow the same criteria, which is just posting a reservation in here and then PMing a QC member with the proposed set to make sure you know what you're talking about.

Gary

Originally Earth Plate was kinda just added onto Z Fly Lando, but considering how common both of those sets are and how differently they function, QC has decided to just make Plate its own set. I have given sedertz permission to do it, as he a knowledgeable player that I trust to write it up despite not being badged.

Gary

Sub SD Bulu has been in the comment section of SD for a while, but at this point QC is definitely confident that's it good enough to be an entirely separate set. Badgeholder only, as it is a top tier mon after all. PM me with the set after you reserve it so I know you at least have the right set lol.

Last edited:
Welp, taking the slowest Electric type Vikavolt pls!
op said:
If a Pokemon is not on the reservation list and you strongly believe it deserves an OU analysis, post in this thread with a thorough explanation as to why and the QC team will address it.
(fyi I find it highly unlikely Vikavolt will receive an analysis in OU because it's completely outclassed by other much better special attackers and electric types in every role, but that's the proper process to take)

(fyi I find it highly unlikely Vikavolt will receive an analysis in OU because it's completely outclassed by other much better special attackers and electric types in every role, but that's the proper process to take)
Oh well nevermind that then, but what are the unreserved Pokemon? Because i press on the buttons and it doesn't show me anything? Tell me, is it my computer or a mistake a staff made?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Oh well nevermind that then, but what are the unreserved Pokemon? Because i press on the buttons and it doesn't show me anything? Tell me, is it my computer or a mistake a staff made?
Nothing is currently available for reservation. When stuff becomes available it'll be posted in this thread, but otherwise you'll need to wait for when USUM revamps roll around.

Gary

Sub SD Kartana is getting a set and I'm gonna do it just cause it's personally my favorite set and it's all I've been using lately. Not really something you can just merge with regular SD because it runs a specific spread and it's definitely way more viable than just slash worthy. Also yes has been getting good success in tour not just me lmao.

Last edited:

Gary

CM Waterium Z Keldeo needs a set. Been seeing consistent tour success in Snake so I feel confident that's it's definitely more than just OO worthy now. Vertex already snatched it but I originally posted in wrong thread lmao trash.

Gary

Heatran is kinda in need of a revamp. It was originally written during a time where Heatran was mid top tier but not one of the best Pokemon in the metagame, and a lot has changed since then. Also, with Dugtrio gone, a lot more possibilites have opened up for Heatran in general, and it was lookin like a project to just cms all the changes. Leo will be writing this up.

Gary

Sub Swarm Volcarona is getting an analysis. The set has been kinda under the radar recently with its more generic Quiver 3 attacks set being used more due to consistent matchups, but this set is still very threatening and has the potential to completely rape teams normally expecting the standard set. It was previously in OO but it's definitely proven itself to be main set worthy at this point. Exploudit is writing this up, as he has proved he's knowledgeable enough on the set to write it.

Gary

sedertz is writing up special Z move Koko. I know that set has been viable for a while but its been just chillin in set details of Magnet and I don't think that set is really that good anymore so yeah.

Gary

Swords Dance Tapu Bulu is pretty dated again. Grassium is just not that great in the current meta with Venu and shit running around. I tried to just cms Fight Z > Grassium Z but that would basically require almost an entire rewrite. Badgeholder only.

Gary

Porygon-Z is super outdated but because barely anyone uses it there hasn't been much of a reason to update it. Vertex is one of the few people I know that has had recent experience with it and he said he'd be willing to do it so why not.

Oh yeah also sedertz is gonna do Assault Vest Bulu. Its seen great success in snake so far and just has great utility in checking a lot of annoying special attackers while still being able to switch into Zyg and non Z Fly Lando nicely.

Last edited:

Gary

Volcanion is in dire need of revamp so I'm gonna do that cause I know the right set and shit it's supposed to run these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)