Metagame SV UU Metagame Discussion - The Indigo Disk

ThatOneApple

A Bit Fruity
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
So like, zapdos suspect when? (Kinda joking)
I do wonder, but what is the councils next suspect target (aka, what they think is the most broken thing in the tier)?
Going off some discussion in UUcord, the next suspect target seems to likely be Kommo-o. Not that it’s broken per se, just that some people dislike the combination of taunt dd tera elec with the other wack stuff it could be. Not sure how I’d vote as it does have a tendency to be inconsistent like latios, but its mixups can be pretty annoying at times.

Crown has been addressed by Monky here

TLDR it’s not being considered for action at all and has honestly been struggling with the amount of slowking’s and AV torns going around. It can’t reliably break or clean so it’s sweeping sets have fallen off a bit, you could make the argument that AV is the better overall set.
never tell them about me using iron crown iron defense + calm mind

also rain is gone..I am at peace..

Going off some discussion in UUcord, the next suspect target seems to likely be Kommo-o. Not that it’s broken per se, just that some people dislike the combination of taunt dd tera elec with the other wack stuff it could be. Not sure how I’d vote as it does have a tendency to be inconsistent like latios, but its mixups can be pretty annoying at times.
I dont get deing mad at dd kommo-o, but clanger is kinda annoying, though in fairness I don't face it too often.

Anyways, since people are talking about crown again, I'd like to shout out a surprisingly good partner I've used time to time for it

:pmd/volcanion:
Volcanion @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Spin
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
This Set is basically made for one thing: to trap and kill slowking. While it doesn't appreciate future sight varients, its pretty consistent at it for the most part, especially since a lot of people try to use slowking to beat volcanion(you have no idea how many times people just switch-in slowking into fire spin and die.) It a decent partner for Crown since Crown despises slowking. Aside from that, it still has a lot of the same matchups normal volcanion has. It's fun

Iron Crow suffers a lot to make a set, it is not considered broken. Defensive Pokémon like Tytar or Slowking manage to paralyze it almost without problems, allowing a moderately fast Pokémon to finish it off later. even without needing that, Lokix can OHKO him with First Imprision if he has the necessary damage, Ogerpon with Tera can lock him in calm mind using Encore, he may have to face an unaware skeledirge, etc. and this is not even close to all the risks that Iron Crown gets in the meta. eventually it works, but by practically only having one functional set, losing because of iron crow ends up being the player's fault, by not building things against / not protecting their wincon.

Kommo-o doesn't look broken, which is annoying. It has at least five different sets and you never know what you're going to find.

What about Latios? Why did we all of a sudden decide Latios was okay?
Latios is okay. Not broken here.

So like, zapdos suspect when? (Kinda joking)
I do wonder, but what is the councils next suspect target (aka, what they think is the most broken thing in the tier)?
Ironically, I feel like Pelipper was a scapegoat. The one who was abusing the rain was Zapdos, but Zapdos without rain became more balanced, so they hit the pelican.

They are not broken as such, but if they uploaded UUBL to Kommo-o / Sinistcha it would make me very happy. They are not pokes that I use, and they are very annoying, so hey! One less problem, please!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)