Project SV ZU Teambuilding Competition

diegoyuhhi

our shared past and our lost future
is a Pre-Contributor
:snorlax: :sv/snorlax: :snorlax:
From being the king of RBY and GSC OU, to finding himself in the ZU tier in SV, Big Lax has had quite the downfall. But here, it is ready to dominate.
Build a team featuring Snorlax and post it in this thread with a brief description.
Deadline is Friday 10th at 10pm GMT+2.
Have fun!

:Snorlax: :alcremie: :Farigiraf: :Morpeko: :electrode-Hisui: :Passimian:
My favorite Snorlax set has been by far curselax. And what's better than 1 bulky setup sweepers? Why 3 bulky setup sweepers, of course!
:Snorlax: is the first mon in the team, and I ran and bulky curselax with rest + 2 attacks, and tera fairy to turn the tables on fighters like Emboar
:Alcremie: is probably the scariest bulky sweeper in the tier right now, and I ran it with acid Armor + cm as boosting moves, stored Power for damage, dkiss for recovery and to hit dark types, and tera poison to dodge toxic from would be checks like Muk
:Morpeko: has 2 purposes on this team. Firstly, it is a hazard remover, massively helping out with this team's weakness to tspikes, and vulnerability to getting layered on by spikers. Secondly, it can use parting shot to make setup opportunities out of otherwise threatening attackers like hoopa, conserving momentum and most of the time letting a teammate get a free cm/curse/acid armor
:electrode-Hisui: is one of my favorite new mons this month, and I ran it with leaf Storm + eject pack for easy momentum while doing loads of damage, tbolt for stab, volt Switch for more momentum, and taunt to stop a large variety of shenanigans from the opponent
:passimian: is this teams scarfer, and with u-turn for momentum, absurdly strong ccs, and great coverage, it can easily punch holes in teams or clean them up after the bulky sweepers take a few KOs
:farigiraf: is a slot I've gone back and forth on for a while. Originally, it was a regirock, but it was really only serving as a worse, second lax. Then it was a uxie, but that was far too frail to ever get a setup opportunity, but eventually I settled on a Cud Chew Kee Berry set. It can switch into weaker physical attackers like orthworm, get +2 defense after taking a body press/heavy Slam, setup with calm mind, heal with wish, and sweep with stored Power + dgleam, with tera fairy for extra dgleam damage and to turn dark and bug from weaknesses to resistances

I mayhaps have also used a couple of bulky setup sweepers...
:snorlax: :alcremie-caramel-swirl: :pincurchin: :oricorio-sensu: :komala: :veluza:
I wanted to start with CurseLax and Alcreamie, because having several bulky setup mons makes it easier for the others to make progress. Additionally, I wanted to pair them with Toxic Spikes to make it easier to outlast any opposing setup mons. Electric Seed gives the same effect as Grassy Seed and Pincurchin gets Tspikes, so I couldn't pass up the shot at Electric Terrain. Sucker Punch and Scald are so Pincurchin can theoretically do something. Komala spins and serves as a slow pivot to get in a better sweeper, and Oricorio and Veluza are self-explanitory fast sweepers. Slash is to get the sharpness boost and get through dark-type water absorbers.

Edit: Look i found a replay! https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9zu-2122368749

Last edited:

diegoyuhhi

our shared past and our lost future
is a Pre-Contributor
:emboar: :sv/emboar: :emboar:
Undoubtedly one of, if not the strongest wallbreaker in the meta. With its huge attack stat, good bulk, decent speed, a threatening STAB combo supplemented by vast coverage, and good item variety, Emboar is a force to be reckoned with in the ZU tier.
Build a team featuring Emboar and post it in this thread with a brief description.
Deadline is Friday 17th at 10pm GMT+2.
Have fun!

5Dots

Chairs
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
:Emboar: :Virizion: :Uxie: :Frosmoth: :Rotom: :Cramorant:
Haven't posted a team in a while so might give this go again!
Double Fighters! Virizion and Emboar were both extremely fun to use on the ladder; Emboar's strength of Reckless + Choice Band + high-base powered moves made it very appealing to give it a Choice Band. On the other hand, Virizion's excellent mixed attacking stats + movepool tempted me to pick Leaf Storm over the weaker Leaf Blade, and its good speed + typing made it decent speed control if Rotom lacked its Choice Scarf. It was also nice for being one of my few Electrode-Hisui checks, as I had no Volt Switch immunity for my team. Defensive Uxie used to be a staple in SS ZU and I wanted to try it again over here. Uxie provides a lot of utility in one slot - Knock Off, slow pivoting, Stealth Rock support, and Future Sight to complement my Fighting-types. Frosmoth was generally nice as a late-game wincon and for being specially bulky as a sweeper. Rotom was a great Choice Scarf user, complmeneted Uxie's U-turn and formed a VoltTurn core, and provided additional utility with Will-O-Wisp. Cramorant was my hazard remover and while not amazing defensively, its typing could help in a pinch against Emboar and Palossand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)