SM OU Swole Terrkaion Holding A Doublade [Peaked like 1700]

teachable

Banned deucer.

Introduction

Hiya y'all, teach here with another doublade team! I can't include the image I want to in this thread so I'll just describe it in the title :). Anyways, I wanted to build around doublade and really liked Terrakion as a breaker to setup a Doublade sweep, since they have shared checks in Lando/Tpex/Skarmory/Garchomp, all of which Terrakion could kill or chip a LOT. Anyway, without further ado enjoy :)

This was my starting core, Clefable/Doublade is a really good defensive core that complimented my Terrakion I was building around. Doublade checked Scizor/Mega Pinsir/Bulu/Mega Cham/etc.

Having a really obvious Ground-type weakness, I slapped on Tapu Bulu for the additional recovery on Clefable/Doublade and also the reduced EQ damage for Terrakion/Doublade.

Zygarde and Flyinium Z Lando-T were looking really annoying, so I decided to use Phys Def Ferrothorn to reliably check those mons. Also gave us a backup check to Non-HP Fire + Gunk Shot Greninjas and Mega Pert should my Clef get flinched.

Noticing a really bad Heatran weakness should they EP on the Terrakion switch-in, I threw on a Gliscor which thankfully let me also compress a Defogger into one slot!

rocky boi (Terrakion) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

The Mon we're building around, so obviously it'll be up her@eht first. Stall Destroyer with a Spike up, Balance Wrecker after an SD or Rock Polish. The Goat. 16 HP EVs let use live a +1 Giga Drain from Volcarona, assuming we somehow let it setup for free. This gives us a nice offensive check for Bisharp which is really nice considering our Defogger lets it setup.

ehT <3 (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Clefable was my rocker of choice, just to have something to bring in Heatran/Chansey to bring in Terrakion. Also thankfully checks Mega Lopunny who would otherwise shit on this squad. I'm running Thunder Wave as a throwback to ORAS, para those Heatran and Volcaronas giving us a form of speed control without needing a scarfer :).

teachable (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 84 Def / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Pursuit
- Shadow Claw

Since we had two good Lando-T switch-ins and a good Zapdos switch in, I opted to run this Doublade set featuring no Toxic to better handle Mega Cham; we still beat Lucha/Bulu with SD and Sneak. The EVs let us live 2 Earthquakes from Excadrill and kill with double claw -> Sneak, only useful when your Doublade checks literally nothing

>o< (Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

This mon fucking deletes shit, it fucking 2HKOs Amoonguss on the switch with Stone Edge; its legit nutty and I'm glad that it, typing wise, meshed well with this team! Use Banded Bulu

ball (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

If you've looked at any of my old RMTs, you'd knkow this is a very NOT teachable Pokemon. It looks more like it is though when you get to my fourth moveslot ft. Thunder Wave. s/o to EviGaro . Anyways, this is my check for Flyinium Lando-T, Zygarde, and Non-Superpower Mega Pert. Its pretty good and hopefully I can use this mon more often.

crab bat (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- Ice Fang

Probably the best Defog user in the tier after Scarf Lando and Zapdos. Gives me the literal mandatory switchin for Koko T-bolt, and gives me a way to kill it should it wish to stay in and trade. Ice Fang was used over Knock Off to give me a good check for Lando-T and opposing Gliscors.

Anyways, shout out to my honey lovely eht and then my mom EviGaro for basically being my teambuilding cheerleaders and helping me out so much. Also s/o to Jordy and the OU/RU discords. The one change I've considered is Banded Bulu -> Spdef Synth Bulu and then turn Ferro into Scarf Kartana, freeing up Gliscor to be the SD set but I'm not sure if that'd be better than my current build. I've improved a lot with OU teambuilding, so I'm really happy with this squad :).

rocky boi (Terrakion) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

ehT <3 (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

teachable (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 84 Def / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Pursuit
- Shadow Claw

>o< (Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

ball (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

flying crab (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- Ice Fang

Moin teachable! Since nobody has replied to the thread yet, I thought it might be time to get some of my thoughts out on this team. I do very much think that the team is creative and pretty decent as well. However, some weaknesses are just bothersome considering how common some of these are. What I will be going to do is give my general opinion about it in my "Overview, name some Pokémon that I deem commonly used threats, and lastly cover them with some changes. So without further ado, let's get started!

Overview:
What we have here is a pretty creative and interesting type of balance. Aside from Doublade being your signature Pokémon, I am quite fond of the Pursuit that's being used on it. I really like the idea of being able to force a 50/50 with a
because it's in fear of the priority move a lot of the times. I also like the idea of including a Terrakion on the team as it acts as your main sweeper. The only thing I would criticize here is the lack of a speed control and maybe that Terrakion and Choice Band Tapu Bulu aren't enough as a stall breaker, since usually Quagsire and Tangrowth are being run right now; Tangrowth walls Tapu Bulu, Quagsire walls Terrakion. So, these two problems don't necessarily have to be covered since this team is pretty solid, but it would be nice if they were being covered anyway.
What is your team weak to?
:
Probably the most glaring weakness to your team. While the standard utility set might get checked by Gliscor, there's still the offensive sets you always to consider. Firium Z can nuke your Gliscor if predicted right and Grassium Z with terrain support does the same, only that the Heatran doesn't have to play as aggressively because it doesn't get OHKO'd by Gliscors Earthquake anymore. So with that in mind I would at least cover one of the options, if not both.
: Again, this is set specific because some Pokémon can check certain sets to an extent. However, I feel like if Knock Off is being used on it, especially in conjunction with a Swords Dance set, I don't think you have much counterplay left except for hoping you somehow beat Kartana with your Doublade, which, if it's Knock Off, is never happening. Grassium could also be a problem in terrain, regardless whether it has Knock Off or not. To cover this I'd suggest something to alleviate Doublade's job a bit.
: Mega-Alakazam is another big threat due to the fact that the Tapu Bulu isn't specially defesnive and the Ferrothorn is obviosuly weak to its Focus Blast. Once it has Tapu Bulu at a certain range where it can pick it off, there's usually not much you can do against it. You can, however, try to oustall the Focus Blasts by pivoting from Ferrothorn into Tapu Bulu when need be, but if hazards are up that is basically a death sentence as well.
How can you improve the team?
Major Changes:
>
:
To start off the major changes we have one that covers all of the Heatran sets, except for the Garssium Z one. Gastrodon, I also feel like, gives you a generally solid Pokémon that doesn't even give Tapu Koko a mere chance of beating it. There is, however, a disadvantage that this change has and that's losing your Spiker. While not being important against stall match-ups, I do think it could've put in work against more offensive teams.
>
:
The second major change acts a support for Doublade, since I sincerely doubt it can take on every physical threat. Zapdos covers every Kartana and Mega-Lopunny set whereas Doublade mainly covers Mega-Medicham, which Zapdos is weak to. Zapdos actually makes up a good core with Gastrodon as well and can do everything that the Gliscor could. Zapdos is also annoying to some of the hazard setters thanks to it's ability Pressure and is able to stall some of them out (e.g. Ferrothorn, anything but Calm Mind Clefable).
Minor Changes:
> (
):
The purpose of this change is honestly just to adapt to the current, most used stall we have right now, which ususally consists of the core of Quagsire + Tangrowth. Being aware of that fact, I think Fightinium Z is kind of a nice lure for Quagsire since it knocks it out with the combination of Close Combat and the just mentioned Fightinium Z. With that being said, it is situational when which set works better, so I guess leave it up to you. If you prefer covering Clefable, I'd just keep the Rockium, but the trend is in Quagsire's favor right now. The set and spread are both staying the same.
> (
):
Terrakion as a semi-stallbreaker isn't enough. That's why I decided to also make this the specially defensive Swords Dance set. The set is able to beat Tangrowth unless it has Sludge Bomb and Zapdos unless it burns with Heat Wave which both are relatively unlikely to happen. Therefore I would suggest a complete 180° turn in terms of sets: Horn Leech|Swords Dance|Synthesis|Superpower with the spread of 236 HP|212 Sp Def| 68 Spe Careful.
Wish > Thunder Wave (
):
With this change I want to build the foundation of the team. The support Wish is giving is cruical for a your two signature Pokémon, those being Terrakion and Doublade. I'm removing Thunder Wave here since it's the least important move of the four but I can definitely see it's uses, it just doesn't match with the usefulness of Wish. The set I am therefore running is Wish|Moonblast|Stealth Rock|Soft Boiled.
Iron Head > Shadow Sneak (
):
For the last change we have the star of the team. As already mentioned before I am fond of Pursuit being used and eager how it would turn out. However, I don't think Iron Head can missed here as it hits
Pokémon like Clefable or Magearna better. The move I was going to replace it with is a move that, quite frankly, is repetetive and subpar in the meta because of Psychic Terrain. With Pursuit I think you are supposed to bait your opponent into thinking that Shadow Sneak is going to pick them off and nail them with the Pursuit instead, to elaborate on the first point. I do generally think, though, that it can do some work here and there and that's why the set is going to be Shadow Claw|Swords Dance|Iron Head|Pursuit.
Conclusion:
So this was a particularly difficult rate for me to make. I always want to make sure that I got every aspect covered but in this rate, it was really hard for me to find a good was to implement a scarfer while not being weak to the likes Heatran, Kartana, Mega-Lopunny, etc. and I came to the conclusion that having np speed control is probably the best way to improve the team and cover the weaknesses here. Pokémon you might be weak to are Mega-Alakazam and Mega-Mawile (from the top of my head). If there are any questions or criticism you have towards this rate, feel free to tell me! With all of that being said, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and in maybe testing the team out!
Resources and Calculations:
252 Atk Terrakion All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 247-292 (62.6 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery | 252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 156-184 (39.5 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)