Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability:Infiltrator
EVs:248 HP / 212 Spd / 48 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Confuse Ray
- Toxic/(Poison Fang?)
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Main goal is to harass the opponent. Confuse Ray messes up the opponent, mainly for physical sweepers that try to set up. Toxic is to whittle down the bulky ones. I might replace it with poison fang because it has 50% to badly poison and it deals damage(So it isn't affected by taunt). Brave Bird makes their death faster and deals decent amount of damage. Roost increase crobat's longevity and helps stall out.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Def.
Sassy Nature
-Return
-Crunch
-Curse
-Rest

Main Goal is to take the special attacks. Return is snorlax's main STAB move. Crunch is for coverage against ghost. Curse is to set up when facing special attackers. Rest heals up toxic and burn. Plus, it increases Snorlax's longevity.

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Ability:Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
Timid Nature
-Bug Buzz
-Thunder
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power Ground

Main goal is to hit and run. Bug buzz is for STAB, coverage, and to break through substitute. Thunder has 91% accuracy, STAB, main attacking move. Volt Switch to maintain momentum and escape enemies galvantula can't one shot. Hidden power ground is for the rock and steel types that can wall it.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs:252 HP, 232 Def, 20 Atk, 4 Spd
Impish Nature
-Toxic
-Protect
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang

Main goal is to be physical tank and stall. Protect and Toxic stall out most pokemon. Eathquake is Gliscor's main STAB move. Ice Fang is for the flying types that are immune to Earthquake.

Rapidash @ Expert Belt
Ability:Flash Fire
EVs:252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Jolly Nature
-Morning Sun
-Flare Blitz
-Wild Charge
-Low Kick

Main goal is to be the physical sweeper and take the heat for galvantula and magnezone. Flare Blitz is Rapidash's strongest STAB move. Wild Charge and Low kick are for coverage. Morning Sun is to increase longetivity and get back health lost by recoil moves.

Magnezone @ Air Ballon
Ability:Analytic
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 Def
Modest Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Main goal is to be tanky sweeper for opponent. Rest and sleep talk makes it hard to kill. Plus, it has a lot of resistances already. Switch to crobat/gliscor for fighting types, and rapidash/snorlax for fire type moves. Modest+Analytic+two STAB moves= a lot of damage.

I built this team for singles rating battles, and it has lot of trouble.Don't know what the team is lacking. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I want to get more into competitive battles. Thank you.

Last edited:
Just a few tips:
1. Body Slam > Return for Snorlax. It could make a smidge of diiference, since Snorlax is heavy.
2. Cross Poison > Toxic for Crobat, since Gliscor already carries Toxic.
3. Drill Run > Low Kick for Rapidash, since it provides the same coverage for more power and a high crit rate.

Not sure if these will work in practice, but they work in my head. Thanks for considering!

Just a few tips:
1. Body Slam > Return for Snorlax. It could make a smidge of diiference, since Snorlax is heavy.
2. Cross Poison > Toxic for Crobat, since Gliscor already carries Toxic.
3. Drill Run > Low Kick for Rapidash, since it provides the same coverage for more power and a high crit rate.

Not sure if these will work in practice, but they work in my head. Thanks for considering!
Umm, actually no. Body Slam certainly is a good option over Return on Snorlax, but i don't think weight matters. Para chance is always cool, but CurseLax will still be slower.

Cross Poison is a no on Crobat. Or at least prolly. Poison Fang seems like a great compromise to hit Sub Whimsicott in particular. Crobt isn't especially strong, so if yer using it you wanna capitalize on its utilty. Pretty weird mon but seems vaguely viable. 252 HP/ 44 atk adds a point in HP and doesn't lower atk. evs werk weird at level 50.

Ground and fighting are far from interchangeable. In particular, Low Kick hits Kanmg quite hard. Ofc it's Rapidash, so far from an ohko. Also almost kills Hydreigon while ground won't even hit. Ofc that can just be killed by Megahon, whih is a good option over Morning Sun. Morning Sun only fits if the mon is bulky, and Rapidash is greatly outclassed by Arcanine in that role(prolly in an offensiv one too, but at least it's fast. Arcanine certainly doesn't have Megahorn eithr.)

Galvantula isn't viable really. Horribly frail, and SpA isn't even that high. Noivern has the same SpA, as well as higher bulk and Spe. I don't think u shood run that, but jut an example of how Galvantula is kinda icky. Weak movepool too, and one of the main things it duz in my mind-bury cresselia-isn't that important for you with CurseLax and two Toxics/on almost Toxic.

Gliscor is a nice mon, prolly yer most normal one tbh. evs i might pick at later, but fer now i can say moves need werk. Sub is a staple on Gliscor, main niche i think. It heals helth that sub takes to make. Protect is certainly good with it, but bad 4MSS so u may wanna get rid of it. EQ does a lot, so that should stay. Ice is great n this meta, but still not sure about Ice Fang. Guillotine is a great move, but notably leaves you unable to hit non mega Gengar. Snorlax is pretty good agenst Gengar tho(keep in mind Destiny Bond means you'll almost always hav to lose Slax to kill Gengar. Also Focus Blast duz a lot,) and Crobat isn't the werst vs Gengtar eithr. Guillotine is werth considering imo, mayb even vr Toxic.

Rapidash kinda sux, but i gess if u wanna use it that's fine. Honestly i think i prefer it to Galvantula at least. Power is somwhat lacking, and recoil moves mean sash is mostly off the table even with weak defenses. You cood run Hypnosis i gess, not much else really. I think if you want a fire you'd b way better off with Heatran, Rotom-h, Arcanine, or Entei. Arcanine in particular is very similar move wise, and with much more bulk and a bit of power at the cost of Spe(base 95 is fine tho.) Lacks Megahorn, but Extremespeed is great and Close Combat is bettr than Low Kick.

Magnezone i don't think RestTalk is a good idea at all. Mag should really have HP Ice, especially Air Balloon. Can klill Chomp, Landog, Menc, etc if the balloon is intact. Volt Switch is a great move for the last slot.

So if u follow my advice only Slax, Crobat, Gliscor, and Magnezone are left. Mamoswine does great against you. Basically the best thing vs Gliscor, lives FC from Mag if AV or sash and can kill with EQ if Balloon is gone, Slax needs several turns to kill, so if it's Fissure it gets several chances to connect. Crobat is really bad, just dying to Ice Shard. I don't think you really want a fire type cuz EQ, but Rotom-h is immune. It's good against Thund too, tho yer not too bad there anyways. Bad with Rotom-W which sux. i think it werks tho

umm, i have to go and won't b on fer a while. Having trubble identifying threts cuz this team is really out there, hope som1 else can help!

edit: Kang is bad fer you. Ice Beam or Punch ones especially run you through, since they take Gliscor. Pretty sure PuP can do that to tho. Greninja can't take a hit from M

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)