Technical Support (read OP before posting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My university has placed me behind a proxy that I am forced to use if I want to access the internet. I have the means with which to access my important regular programs like mIRC and obviously browsing the internet by using inbuilt proxy input settings that allow me to enter my

hostname

user ID

password

port

I can't find any of these on PO and as such no servers show up in the registry. I am wondering if there's anyway to circumvent this? Thanks

sorry if my question is identical to wirk's i'm pretty incompetent when it comes to this kind of thing.

Desolate

Banned deucer.
My university has placed me behind a proxy that I am forced to use if I want to access the internet. I have the means with which to access my important regular programs like mIRC and obviously browsing the internet by using inbuilt proxy input settings that allow me to enter my

hostname

user ID

password

port

I can't find any of these on PO and as such no servers show up in the registry. I am wondering if there's anyway to circumvent this? Thanks

sorry if my question is identical to wirk's i'm pretty incompetent when it comes to this king of thing.
Are you asking for help defining those? If so, the host name would be the IP address of the server you're trying to connect to, Smogon's main server is down right now, so I can't grab the IP for you at the moment. The User ID is your username, the password is your password for that username if you have one, and the port is always 5080 over PO.

Edit: I misread that question; there's no proxy support on PO at the moment, no. Anyway, the issue was resolved with the user over IRC.

Version Problem

When I try to connect to the Smogon Server, it says that I don't have the newest version,(1.0.53S). When I check on Pokemon Online, it only has the 1.0.53 version. Where could i get the new version?

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
the new version can be downloaded by following the link posted at the very top of the server, it's only important if you play the vgc metagames

well im trying to connect on my android to smogon server on po and all it gives me is a loading bar and any other server i get on free plz help the other servers are nooby

well im trying to connect on my android to smogon server on po and all it gives me is a loading bar and any other server i get on free plz help the other servers are nooby
Two questions:
  • Did you download your android client from the android market or from the PO website? If the former, you should really delete it and download it from the PO website--the one that's in the android market is a pirated version, the one that you can download straight from PO is ad-free.
  • What team are you using? If it's the default team, we have a script set up that automatically kicks people trying to use that team, since most of them have no idea what PO is.

Desolate

Banned deucer.
Hello there. Sometimes, in the middle of a battle, I get disconected. Plese help!
Either you're being kicked from the server by a mod or your connection's latency can't handle PO very well, in the first case, if you are not breaking any rules, this is likely not the issue, if it's the second case, there's nothing you can do about it other than if you are using Wi-Fi, move closer to your router or get an ethernet cord.

Desolate

Banned deucer.
is there a forgot password thing that i don't know about?
if not may i get the password for "Sir" cleared?
There's no password reset if you forgot it, and having an admin reset it would make the username not registered anymore, so it might be an option to go to here and explain that you've forgotten your password, give them your username, IP address, and any other relevant information that you think might help them recover your account. Other than that, you're going to have to register a new one.

My issue is STILL unresolved and that's kind of ridiculous given how long ago I posted and politely asked for assistance. Can someone please help?

My issue is STILL unresolved and that's kind of ridiculous given how long ago I posted and politely asked for assistance. Can someone please help?
There's literally nothing we can do. It's your word against that of the person who registered it. And since you only registered your forum account AFTER your PO account got "hacked," we won't restore the account to you on the basis of "it's your forum account." Choose a different name. Move on with your life.

If you're worried about your account getting hacked again, PM me with the name you choose, so we have a record that that's you.

Here's my situation:
My current name, Kyuutoryuu, is fine.
But I want to run alt names for different purposes such as team testing/restarting.

But whenever I login with a different Trainer name, I get an instant disconnect such as:
"Connected to the server!"
"Disconnected from the server!"

This only happens with Smogon's PO Server; PO's PO server allows trainer name changes just fine. I would like to know how I could change my username / account on Smogon's PO server if possible. I believe it has something to do with 2 usernames connecting from the same IP address? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Desolate

Banned deucer.
Here's my situation:
My current name, Kyuutoryuu, is fine.
But I want to run alt names for different purposes such as team testing/restarting.

But whenever I login with a different Trainer name, I get an instant disconnect such as:
"Connected to the server!"
"Disconnected from the server!"

This only happens with Smogon's PO Server; PO's PO server allows trainer name changes just fine. I would like to know how I could change my username / account on Smogon's PO server if possible. I believe it has something to do with 2 usernames connecting from the same IP address? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Don't post in multiple threads with your issue if you've already created your own to address it. It gets confusing to people.

My internet got cut off in the middle of a PO battle with a friend. I've reconnected and now when I try to get into Smogon's server, it says in its chat box immediately:

(23:47:50) Connected to Server!
(23:47:51) Disconnected from Server!

and that's all. I can connect to other servers. Only this one is the problem

EDIT: huh i can connect now. I literally did nothing. A mysterious problem though. I don't know when it might happen again

Desolate

Banned deucer.
My internet got cut off in the middle of a PO battle with a friend. I've reconnected and now when I try to get into Smogon's server, it says in its chat box immediately:

(23:47:50) Connected to Server!
(23:47:51) Disconnected from Server!

and that's all. I can connect to other servers. Only this one is the problem

EDIT: huh i can connect now. I literally did nothing. A mysterious problem though. I don't know when it might happen again
A couple of things could of caused this, so exhaust these: make sure you have your username registered, and make sure your firewall is not blocking PO. You may have been affected by a large ban that unintenionally covered you as well.

The main simulator server for Smogon University. Getting a No. 7 connection timeout error? Post here.
Assuming you're using the same computer and internet connection to connect as you are to post to the forum, and assuming you don't use any sort of proxy service, there should be no reason for you to get that error.

Checking your firewall settings is my only recommendation.

My PO name is also Smokey.
Two days ago I was able to connect to the Smogon University server just fine.
Yesterday I got the N7 connection error when I tried to connect.
Today I can connect to the server, then I immediately disconnect.
((12:39:02) Connected to Server!
(12:39:02) Disconnected from Server!)

Any help would be appreciated.

PO name is Adam Lambert.
Keep getting disconnected after I give my password. I was able to log on perfectly fine yesterday.
(12:26:23) Connected to Server!
(12:26:24) Disconnected from Server!

I'm assuming Adam Lambert figured it out. Smokey, you should try again now because earlier the Beta server and Smogon were switched so if you were banned from the Beta it would show that message when you clicked on Smogon

I'm assuming Adam Lambert figured it out. Smokey, you should try again now because earlier the Beta server and Smogon were switched so if you were banned from the Beta it would show that message when you clicked on Smogon
Error while connected to server -- Received error n°7: Connection timed out

I'm back to this error msg.

*Edit* I was able to connect today.

PO Name is [B3AST]BigZac.
I keep getting:

(22:19:52) Connected to Server!
(22:19:58) Disconnected from Server!

Was able to log on fine the other day.

Help?

PO name is JonnyRolo.
It says I connect to the server but the user list and the chat window remains blank. It also doesnt ask me to a register a password and doesnt give me an error code or say"disconnected from server!". It literally just goes blank after saying "Connected to server!". Ive tried advance connect, uninstalling and reinstalling and that doesnt work. The problem yesterday after the server move though Im not sure if that is related or not.
Help

PO name is JonnyRolo.
It says I connect to the server but the user list and the chat window remains blank. It also doesnt ask me to a register a password and doesnt give me an error code or say"disconnected from server!". It literally just goes blank after saying "Connected to server!". Ive tried advance connect, uninstalling and reinstalling and that doesnt work. The problem yesterday after the server move though Im not sure if that is related or not.
Help
Same thing just happened to me. All I had to do was hit "exit" and try logging back in. Still, very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)