Pokémon Tentacruel

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAMP

MAMP!
Now that Greninja is banned, there is very little reason to run Tentacruel. I foresee it dropping to UU in the next tier change.

Now that Greninja is banned, there is very little reason to run Tentacruel. I foresee it dropping to UU in the next tier change.
I think it still has a niche. It can get past Mega Sableye thanks to Acid Spray and it checks Keldeo and Clefable in one slot.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Tentacruel is already UU by usage, and yes it checks stuff like clef and keldeo, which is pretty useful. Also its a hard counter to LO Gengar which runs through most balance teams.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
To be honest, I think Tentacruel still has a perfectly valid niche. TSpikes are really effective in the current metagame and Acid Spray + Scald lets it set up the hazard on CM versions of Mega Sableye (not the Knock Off utility ones though), which is pretty impressive for a hazard setter. Tentacruel is also a great answer to threats like Gengar, non-SubCM Keldeo, Clefable, and Heatran while providing invaluable anti-hazard support. The moveset Hydro Pump / HP Fire / Acid Spray / Rapid Spin, which Inflikted used in SPL, is probably the best overall hazard remover in the tier in terms of matchups against SR users and relative difficulty in being exploited, though I think it's typically inferior to a more passive TSpikes + Scald set simply because TSpikes are so useful. That all depends on the team, but Tentacruel can prove itself an asset to balanced and stall teams in the metagame, even with Greninja banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)