ORAS LC The Anti-Heroes

Introduction

Well, I've been playing LC for a while, and after trying multiple teams, I ended up building this one. The main goal when building was to check the 4 most viable mons in LC, which are Abra, Mienfoo, Pawniard and Timburr.

Teambuilding Process

I started with Foongus, because it is really solid, checking Mienfoo and Timburr, and also being able to cripple Abra with Stun Spore.

Add Slowpoke for the Grass / Water combination. Also a really bulky mon, able to check fighting types and also fire types such as Ponyta. With Psychic it can also deals good damage to opposite Foongus or other Poison-types.

Foongus and Slowpoke being really defensive, I needed some fire power. Ponyta does the trick, to complete the Fire / Grass / Water core. Also it can take care of Pawniard, and basically anything that doesn't resist fire.

Another strong physical threat in Mienfoo. It takes care of Pawniard as well, and can also deal some damage to Abra thanks the Scarf + U-Turn.

Another water-type, but Carvanha is really good as a late-game cleaner. Dark type is perfect against Abra.

And finally, I thought I needed a lead. Geodude sets up Stealth Rock, and he also has an important role as a bird-check.

The Team

Foongus @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Stun Spore
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
So like, I think, every mons on the team, Foongus runs a Smogon set. Eviolite makes it really bulky, and Regenerator gives it the ability to switch-in multiple times. Stun Spores cripples everything (when it doesn't miss), HP Fight is here to surprise any Pawniard switching-in (or other mons that don't resist fighting). Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb are my two STAB moves.

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
Eviolite + Slack Off + Regenerator gives great staying power. Thunder Wave to cripple foes, Scald and Psychic to deal some damage. I believe it's the basic Slowpoke set.

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Wild Charge
One of my two main physical threats. Flare Blitz does great damage, and Wild Charge is used as a counter for predicted water switch-in. Morning Sun deals with recoil, and Will-O-Wisp does great with Ponyta's speed, to cripple oppositie offensive threats.

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
I was using a bulkier, Eviolite Mienfoo before, but this Scarf set is also great. Regenerator is for staying power. High Jump Kick is clicked most of the time, even though I'm also using U-Turn quite a bit. Stone Edge is for birds like Fletchling.

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Protect
- Zen Headbutt
My late-game cleaner, with the basic LO Set. Protect on the first turn, and then sweep with whatever attack is the best. Not much more to say, I really like this Carvanha.

Geodude @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
Sturdy + Berry Juice allows me to set up Stealth Rock easily, and allows Geodude to survive for at least 3 turns. When I feel like it won't be really useful, because the other team does not have Fletchling or anything a Rock/ground type can handle with ease, I usually Sucker Punch before dying, to get a free switch afterwards.

Conclusion

Right now, this team is working pretty well, with solid bulky mons and good offensive one. My main weakness is obviously Fletchling, or any other bird, but so far I managed to do okay against those. I don't have any favourite pokemons that I want to keep on the team absolutely, so I'm all ears for any kind of improvements !

Foongus @ Eviolite
Level: 5
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Stun Spore
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Wild Charge

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Protect
- Zen Headbutt

Geodude @ Berry Juice
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

Hey fren, nice team there, I like ! At the first look I can see you are pretty weak to gastly or Croagunk and you don't have removal hazard /: So, for me it's better to put a Bulky rapid spin + psychic staryu on slowpoke.
Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover

imo if you don't see the utility of rapid spin for your team, put Twave on, cause Abra is dangerous and Staryu can take an energy ball.
Also, put Onix on Geodude, Onix make the same role, but it's more faster (17 speed) than Geodude, so he can take Fletchling, Taunt to stop shell smashers and restalkers or stop recovery of Pokémon and RK some Pokémon du of his high speed :)
Onix @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

After that, I don't see a big threath, Abra is one, but all pokémon can take one hit, or move first :) Scarf Foo is needed for Gothita Scarf, Abra and Dig :) Bye fren !

PS: And yes I forgot, but like Sam say, Spore is needed over Stun Spore

Last edited:

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Hello!

So first of all, you should change Stun Spore to Spore on your Foongus. Spore is just a superior move in pretty much every way in that putting something to sleep is better than paralyzing something. Sleep will make an enemy pokemon useless for up to 5 turns, while when something is paralyzed they can still do things. Also, Spore has 100% accuracy which means that you are pretty much guaranteed to put something to sleep every game, whereas Stun Spore only has 75% accuracy which is very inconsistent.

I agree with changing Slowpoke to Staryu. While having the regenerator core is nice, it is also quite nice to deal with Gastly which does trouble this team a good amount, and you also now have a way to get rid of hazards which helps out Ponyta a lot. Staryu is probably the best rapid spinner in LC right now and would make a good addition to the team.

I would change Wild Charge to Flame Charge on Ponyta in order to deal with Diglett. Diglett is extremely prevalent in the current LC meta, and this change will help you outspeed Diglett after one Flame Charge. This is also useful for outspeeding various scarf mons and is in general a better move.

I also agree with the change form geodude to onix, a pretty solid change.

I hope you stick around in LC!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)