The Battle Spot Replay Thread

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You know, a lot of people don't really get battle spot. I think that's a shame, so lets start sharing replays to help get people on board!

There are 3 ways you can post a replay here.

1. The most common way, is to just share a replay from your 3DS. To do this, go to the vs recorder, upload your battle, and post the code here! To watch the video, go to the vs recorder, and touch "Search by code".

2. A Pokémon Showdown replay.

Either way, make sure you mention which metagame the video is for, so people aren't just randomly clicking on replays blind.

To start off this thread, here's a quirky triples replay of my own, where I accidentally used my VGC team! I actually posted this video in the research thread, because for some reason, the third round user still had priority, a mechanic that seems to go against what we knew about round! The code is below

8EAG-WWWW-WWW5-E849

Last edited by a moderator:
Alternatively, if you are allowing automatic uploads, you can just find the relevant video codes in your own battle history in your Global Link Website account! As far as I know, you don't even have to make your profile public, just sharing the codes will work.

U7AG-WWWW-WWW3-PH7Z - Season 1 battle code, 1560+ ranked battle. Singles 3v3

JFKG-WWWW-WWW3-U9VX - Season 1 battle code, 1650+ ranked battle. Singles 3v3

P3FG-WWWW-WWW5-FSUM - Season 2 battle code, 1600+ ranked battle. Singles 3v3.

Last edited:
All right, I'll have a go.

First one is a doubles battle

HK4G-WWWW-WWW5-V4GJ

Then got two triple battles

F8WG-WWWW-WWW6-XYGA

DERW-WWWW-WW6-XYG6

Second one came down literally to the wire, though I did derp a bit at the end since I forgot tailwind ended and didn't go for Aqua Jet.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Here's one I just had that left my mind completely exhausted:

3ALG-WWWW-WWW6-8BAW (3v3 Singles)

In which I make some very good plays and some very bad plays as my brain throws itself randomly in and out of gear. I finally had a couple of flashes of brilliance that broke me free from his SubSeed Whimsicott and scored me the game.

9Q7W-WWWW-WWW5-QS35 (3v3 Singles)

One of the best matches I've ever played. Features a non-EQ Gyarados vs. paralysed Aegislash stall-war and Whimsicott beating Mega Kangaskhan one-on-one. Extremely close...

Last edited:
I dislike timing people out. I will deliberately try not to time anyone out under normal circumstances, even if I am in the position of an easy win via time out. However, if you're using Minimize BS... I will undoubtedly try to time you out. Some high 1700s Doubles Japanese player getting wins via Minimize? NOPE.

EUXW-WWWW-WWW6-GWH4

This is show casing another new triple team of mine at work

UE8G-WWWW-WWW6-HFCL

GREW-WWWW-WWW6-HYWW

And sorry to hear that Myth. I don't like whole Minimize thing. It wouldn't be so bad if there were some common viable 'never miss' moves that most Pokemon could learn.

More Singles Battle replays... Theorymon said I could bump this, thanks Tmon!

WPLG-WWWW-WWW7-2K6B
K3UG-WWWW-WWW7-2KXW
8D5G-WWWW-WWW7-2JTU
T2NW-WWWW-WWW7-2JPJ
K7FG-WWWW-WWW7-2KFY Flame Orb Cressy ftw.

Edit: Stopped at 1936 for now. I'm probably going to shoot for top USA player in singles this season.

Last edited:
Rotation Battles are probably about as tough or tougher to master than Triples. The ratings gap isn't as nearly as large as the other formats. One misprediction and you get swept. I haven't seen Trick Room in ages, which surprises me. However, I use Mega Mawile and Scarfchomp, to hit on both ends of the Speed spectrum.

Here are a few rotation battles if you wanna take a look at how they go...
XG9W-WWWW-WWW7-9RJF
NZWW-WWWW-WWW7-9RJT
ED3W-WWWW-WWW7-9RKB
JXEG-WWWW-WWW7-9RKG
AWKW-WWWW-WWW7-9RKJ

Last edited:
Okay, I ended up with 1950 something I think in Singles. If all goes well I should have like top 50 overall in all battles or something, woo... So these replays are against people in the 1800-2000 range. If you were wondering what that level of play was like in the Battle Spot.

AMCG-WWWW-WWW7-CG6H
SASW-WWWW-WWW7-CGXM
5G2G-WWWW-WWW7-CFT6
WWLG-WWWW-WWW7-CFYP
7BUG-WWWW-WWW7-CFFW
X8TW-WWWW-WWW7-CFCM
UUBW-WWWW-WWW7-CF7L
77WG-WWWW-WWW7-CF2G
64FG-WWWW-WWW7-CELV
FY9W-WWWW-WWW7-CEYF
9CRG-WWWW-WWW7-CECG
XABG-WWWW-WWW7-CDP3
WV4G-WWWW-WWW7-CDL6
CLBW-WWWW-WWW7-CDGP
YRTW-WWWW-WWW7-CDCY
RLSW-WWWW-WWW7-CDX7
WSCW-WWWW-WWW7-CCV4
ZSMG-WWWW-WWW7-CCRK

So tired... -.- Don't forget if you can beat my Season 4 challenge you get a free drawing, but it will not be easy.

Saw all of them, well done in those games.
Scald's burn proc coming through in nearly all of them.

I have a few to upload.
HDZW-WWWW-WWW7-K9PL Rotation battle. One of us loses a lot of momentum but snatches it back in an instant.
WJTG-WWWW-WWW7-K9MK Another rotation battle. I like Magnezone in this format.
84RW-WWWW-WWW7-K9LN Not from Battle Spot, but instead a multi battle with myself and Beasty vs twitch user MrBearGaming and VGC competitor Dullace.

3v3 Singles (non-ranked):

V2PW-WWWW-WWW4-MYL3

4FHW-WWWW-WWW3-GFJB

3K4G-WWWW-WWW4-LJFS

VQUG-WWWW-WWW4-MYV6

W8PG-WWWW-WWW4-MYQN

My score is in the high 1500s which isn't that impressive, but for me it's a miracle considering that not too long ago my score was in the 1200s.

Here are some of my best battles on the road to recovery lol

RPEG-WWWW-WWW8-6WME
HUVW-WWWW-WWW8-6Q62
PV9G-WWWW-WWW8-3NAK
RQ5G-WWWW-WWW8-6PTF
YRDW-WWWW-WWW8-3NAT
PREW-WWWW-WWW8-3NB5
YVMW-WWWW-WWW8-6WNQ
SPZW-WWWW-WWW8-6Q5T

Holy shit do I feel hyped right now, I'm still surprised I won that battle. The guy had a high ranking and was bringing the threats while I had stuff you don't see as much. Not too bad for getting back into triples.

WZWG-WWWW-WWWK-JKGE

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've started experimenting with Rotations a bit after I had a bit of inspiration. I haven't played much, but my first win was a little bit of a gem:

DY5G-WWWW-WWWQ-RAZB

My team is Sableye-Thundurus-Conkeldurr-Ferrothorn-Garchomp-Talonflame. This game is a good example of the push-me-pull-you that is prediction in this format. The momentum lurches back and forth as I switch Conk into a Will-o-Wisp from Rotom, allowing me to take 75% from it with Drain Punch and proc it's Sitrus - right after that, he absorbs a Knock Off with his Breloom and cripples Conk with Bullet Seed, forcing me to sac it to his Mawile once Breloom goes down. Ferrothorn puts in a ton of work in this match, laying Leech Seed on almost everything and successfully avoiding Rotom's WoW and Mawile's Fire Fang until he's left with just his Mawile. I Leech Seed it and sac Ferro to the Fire Fang for the Iron Barbs+Helmet recoil then take a Sucker Punch with Talon for the win.

Last edited:

SM979

dank memes
is a Contributor Alumnus
Here are some Free Battles I had using my VGC 2015 team during today's maintenance.
LW5G-WWWW-WWXD-2R98: Pretty standard VGC battle. My opponent used some pretty interesting Pokemon such as Mega Steelix and Darmanitan.
L36G-WWWW-WWXD-3H95: I guess you could say I was battling myself! Haha, all jokes aside, I was surprised to see hazards in VGC. It really caught me off guard.
3Q5W-WWWW-WWXD-3QNC: Just a fun match in general.

Last edited:
Battle Spot (rated) Doubles:
HXXW-WWWW-WWXD-UTFC

Yes, I know I played like an idiot right off the bat, but it still came down very, very, very, very close. As for the last two turns: since his Weavile wasn't Sashed, that means the Whimsicott almost certainly was.

Edit: My luck in a nutshell.

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Aegislash-Shield: 143-172 (85.6 - 102.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
Playing some BS Singles again after going on tilt:

WAKG-WWWW-WWXE-H7CH

Wasn't expecting Greninja to be carrying Water Shuriken tbh, although -- -1 4 Atk Expert Belt Greninja Water Shuriken (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 51-66 (31 - 40.2%) -- approx. 17.6% chance to 3HKO -- it could've been deadly if I switched in Lando-T for whatever reason. I Lunar Danced figuring he would Dark Pulse, and thankfully bringing Lando-T back into the game was a good decision. I'm not sure if they ran a -Def nature or not, but either way Earthquake was a roll on Greninja.

And: 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Venusaur: 164-194 (87.7 - 103.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Damage rolls pulling through. :')

Edit: Got another one with a different team.

A7NW-WWWW-WWXF-7RRP

A lapse in judgement almost made me lose the game, but I managed to pull through while avoiding hax. Subbing first with 'Mence would've saved me some trouble and allowed me to 2HKO the Gyarados with no issues after a D-Dance, certainly, but I assumed it was their mega from team preview (Talonflame/Gyarados/Scrafty/Ferrothorn/Haxorus/something else), and thus the Rocky Helmet + T-Wave set slipped my mind. >.<

Last edited:
I have a few sweeps in rated i wanted to share:
PNRG-WWWW-WWX7-XE3C Mega Altaria
553W-WWWW-WWXA-D95Y Volcarona
L87G-WWWW-WWXA-LQX5 Mamoswine (no setup required)
HVJG-WWWW-WWWXF-B9FV Mega Mence (sort of)

These are around the high 1500s, i cant seem to get much higher :(

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I posted this in the next best thing thread here but I figured I'd repost it here 'cause I'm actually really happy about this game and I wanted to talk more about it haha. I made some good predictions in this game which I'm happy about. My team is Azumarill, Gengar, and Hydreigon against my opponent's team of Hydreigon, Venusaur, and Rhyperior. I brought my Mega Venusaur-destroying Mega Gengar set but it didn't go quite exactly as I thought it would, and I ended up making some good plays!

An interesting note is that the only Pokemon on my team that actually attacks in this match is Hydreigon, and it only ever uses Draco Meteor. It goes to show how versatile Mega Gengar is in my opinion; even if the set isn't doing exactly what it was designed for, you can still make a lot of good situations for yourself!

SD9G-WWWW-WWXH-8QF3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)