The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
As much fun as it is to meme "Brady is old and showing signs of slipping despite probably being the league mvp" there is some truth to it. Cooks doesn't disappear so much as he's wide open 30+ yards downfield and Brady misses him because he is in fact an old man and his deep ball while massively improved is still something he struggles with. Just like last year he's showing signs of holding back/being worn out. WR's coming back will help somewhat but what'll help the most is the upcoming rest.

Also solidly agree that "The Pharoah" is an amazing nickname but I do want to point out I've never in my life heard anyone call him that.

Any time Brady has a bad game or rough stretch people are going to blame it on his age, its the most unfair criticism in the NFL.

The reality is that he's played at the highest level the league had ever seen for a 3-ish year period, so he is now held to a standard so unbelievably high that any bad game or bad stretch of games causes prognosticators to jump the gun and blame his age (and literally nothing else)

These people are the first to shout "SEE I TOLD YOU SO" whenever he looks close to mortal and then backtrack with the old "JUST BECAUSE WE HAVEN'T BEEN RIGHT YET DOESN'T MEAN WE'RE WRONG" approach when he shuts them up a few weeks later.

The same song and dance has been going on for years.
Just like last year he's showing signs of holding back/being worn out.
This is a classic Cianism, who's been banging this same drum since 2013
Cooks doesn't disappear so much as he's wide open 30+ yards downfield and Brady misses him because he is in fact an old man and his deep ball while massively improved is still something he struggles with
Brady's stats against the Jets last week would've looked a lot better if Cooks doesn't quit his route on a perfectly thrown 50 yard deep ball and drop a screen pass that would have gained 20-30 yards.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
literally nobody in the history of Earth has ever called Tom Brady "The Pharaoh" and Comeback Kid is a pretty generic moniker applied to basically every good modern and past QB at some time or another

chiefs blew an 18 point lead

a duel between the walking mediocrity and the walking inconsistency ended surprisingly well, despite the Kelce injury

At least the Chiefs won the Superbowl in week one r-right guys?

Anyone shocked that the patriots magically get another cakewalk divisional round opponent instead of one that can actually threaten them?

Yeah, me neither.
The Ravens in 2014 and Chiefs in 2015 were bretty good

And the Texans in 2016 were...?
They were the team that the Patriots played in the divisional round because they won the playoff game against their opponent in the wildcard round.

When you have 8 consecutive first round byes a few meh teams are bound to squeak in, but that doesn't change the fact that they won a game to get there.

I mean are we seriously getting up in arms about the Chiefs not getting to play the Patriots?

Focus less on who the Patriots get to play as a result of the game and focus more on the fact that the Chiefs didn't score a single point in the second half, which is yanno, the reason they don't get to play the Patriots.

This game was the easiest pick of the week for me

Didn't buy the Rams hype all season.

And while the Falcons offense has been pretty shit this season their defense has quietly been getting better and better.

They'll probably handle Philly next week too.

This game was the easiest pick of the week for me

Didn't buy the Rams hype all season.

And while the Falcons offense has been pretty shit this season their defense has quietly been getting better and better.

They'll probably handle Philly next week too.
I said they would beat the Rams as well
I really think my Eagles are screwed but we might have a chance we just need 2013 Nick Foles

Man, the Rams schedule was kind of a walk in the park huh?.. and when the matchup wasn't, it was either an L or a shootout which should have hinted that there is more to be desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)