The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not saying Tom Brady didn't play a great game, just that he didn't have to carry the team on his back to win. His defense gave him the ball on the opponent's 30 yard line with four minutes to play and down by 3 points, literally zero pressure there. I just want the credit to be given to the deserving party, not just defaulted to the guy who everyone already knows is the greatest of all time. It's more played out than Stairway to Heaven.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Idk why people keep saying the jags were conservative. More pass attempts than runs, it's just Brady doing Brady things. Although some of those calls from the refs were fucking nonsense, especially w/ the dpi no calls 3 times in the 2nd half.

I haven't posted in this thread all football season mostly because when the Dolphins signed Cutler, I knew their season was over.

Anyway, I'm just here to say I'm not gonna watch the SB because I don't even want to watch The Patriots play for another rather they win or lose. It's like watching the <insert number>th installment in an overdone movie franchise. It's just so fucking boring now.

You guys are crazy with this jaguars talk

I will never acknowledge that the jags are actually good because I picked them to be bad.

So instead of acknowledging my mistake and admitting that i'm wrong I'll just keep doubling down until they lose then act like I was right all along.

Daz how we do here in Murrica
Oh man looks like I was right all along
This Jags playoff run will go like their last 2 playoff runs
geez

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
It's almost like after everyone just decided to make the Patriots the villains of the league people are really mad about Patriots fans who lean into being the Villain.

Fucking weird man.

Pretzels Sucks. Patriots are cool and or rad and I'm sad the Vikings didn't get to come home for the Superb Owl.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
It's almost like after everyone just decided to make the Patriots the villains of the league people are really mad about Patriots fans who lean into being the Villain.

Fucking weird man.

Pretzels Sucks. Patriots are cool and or rad and I'm sad the Vikings didn't get to come home for the Superb Owl.
"just decided" - Brady, through a combination of his incredible sustained success and douchebag egomaniacal personality has done it to himself. The fan base, full of more bandwagoners or blowhards (you don't fit into either category, but they're both super common in my own personal experience) than any that I know, has done it to themselves. The organisation, through having been involved in shady scandals over the years, have done it to themselves. People get sick of the same team constantly winning and outside of Gronkowski, the Patriots as a collective are about as likeable as stepping on Lego.

You're making it sound like the universal hatred of the Patriots organisation is a perplexing mystery of the universe. It's not.

TheValkyries

I stand by my righteous fury earlier in the season. The Defense was miserable and made me cry. And I contend if we played better offenses this postseason we'd have definitely lost. We're just lucky we get to face Offenses like these.

Shame on you for not blindly believing in Tom N Bill
If I remember reading correctly in one of the old threads a long time ago, I thought you against Belichik.

Idk why people keep saying the jags were conservative. More pass attempts than runs, it's just Brady doing Brady things. Although some of those calls from the refs were fucking nonsense, especially w/ the dpi no calls 3 times in the 2nd half.
After the Patriots were down only three (coverage went and disappeared on the second TD), Jaguars kept playing like they were ahead when they should have been playing like they were behind. The momentum shifted fully, and they still had whatever-the-hell-they-had-in-their-brains to run the ball period on those first downs for one yard when it was clear the Patriots had the run defense worked out. It should have been all-pass 100% until the goal line at that point. But they wasted downs that they needed because Bortles is that kind of QB. In the fourth, it was clear neither team believed Bortles could be trusted. But it was still frustrating when they should have said fuck it and keep passing. Shit, they were damn close a couple of passes.

Refs were surprisingly quiet in that one, though two or three missed calls on the Patriots (of course) were likely game changing. That against one big one on the Jaguars.

Brady didn't do shit (except for that fast second TD). It was just a slug fest on drives until the Jaguars pretty much gave up in the second half. Kraft probably promised Khan a new free jet or something.

-----

Good job, Minnesota. What a waste of Brees, Thomas, Kamara and Ingram losing like that last week.

Have to root for goddamn Philadelphia. The city that will cut its own team in a heartbeat. The city that murdered that hitchhiking robot. The city that pelted Santa with snowballs.

Seriously, if the refs fuck this one up, I can imagine what the hell would happen after that.

TheValkyries

Common Armchair Analysis: The Jaguars should not have run the ball to eat clock as much just because they had the lead. Need to keep on being aggressive.

Other Common Armchair Analysis: The Falcons should not have been so aggressive in their playcalls with the lead. Should have run the ball to eat clock more.

Things it can't be: Both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)