The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that this team has a huge weakness to Braviary, banded and SubBU set. So it needs a steel/rock type.
I also see a massive mandibuzz weakness, especially the variant that run enough speed to outspeed the whole team. Of course Mandibuzz is the anti stall mon for excellence, but here it can just taunt all the team, and then toxic stall. And if only you toxic it, she surely has a beller in his teammates (which is pretty common as mandibuzz really hate status).
This team is really weak to her (don't forget that mandibuzz is immune to toxic spikes).

This team has no wincon. I know what set I'm going to suggest. But yeah, it needs a bird killa, a wincon, could use clericness as well. No real psychic switchin either.

Hm. Yeah, nothing that can kill Mandibuzz stands out.
On the other hand, Mandibuzz really isn't that common and a Bird- and Psychic-switch-in is far more important (and AFAIK, none of them have a truly good matchup against Mandibuzz).

Certain Pokémon can switch into these and probably provide a win-condition as well, but...

This team isn't weak to Mandibuzz, as Audino can Magic Coat its Taunt or Toxic while it can't do much back to it with Foul Play. That said, I agree that a Psychic/Sawsbuck switch-in would also be nice!

This team isn't weak to Mandibuzz, as Audino can Magic Coat its Taunt or Toxic while it can't do much back to it with Foul Play. That said, I agree that a Psychic/Sawsbuck switch-in would also be nice!
Magic Coat isn't really a counter, it's more a check, as once you bounce back the taunt, the mandibuzz has just to switch out and come back later, it's a mind game between Taunt/Foul play against Magic Coat/other moves. Also, if the mandibuzz was here before your Audino, you have to play carefuly to avoid to be taunt on the switch, and a good Mandibuzz player will understand that the only real check to his vulture is Audino, and will just taunt a poke, and then predict you will switch to Audino and Taunt again.
According to me, a team with just one "check" to a massive threat of this metagame, it's being weak to it.

However, i don't see why Misdreavus isn't a good switch-in ? It's immune to strongest sawsbuck stab, and Nature Power/Jump Kick, Horn leech doesn't hit really hard, even at +2. And Misdreavus has just to replies with a never expected Foul Play.

And yeah, a psychic resistance should be nice :).

I didn't say Mandibuzz needed ~countered~ so much that Magic Coat absolutely bones it. If you Magic Coat a Taunt, congratulations—you've just forced it out and given your team leeway to set up more hazards. If you Magic Coat a Toxic, congratulations, threat neutralized. You can also sit there and spam Lava Plume until it gets burned, while the best it can do back to Camerupt is Toxic (which isn't a big deal with Heal Bell support, and it's not hard to find an opportunity to pass it a Wish with a dual-Wish core). Overall, Mandibuzz really isn't that outwardly threatening to the team, but it's still a butt. The good thing, however, is that I feel like it can be covered even better with a Pokemon that can also cover the rest of the team's weaknesses.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Team also seems really Scraggy weak, as it can set up on all of its members bar Camerupt and Misdreavus, but Camerupt is KO'd by a +1 Hi Jump Kick, while Misdreavus can potentially be 2HKO'd as well. It's probably less relevant because it's much more uncommon, but it's something to look out for.

Sorry. I've been busy and ended up forgetting about this.

Feel free to nominate Pokemon you think are fit for the team~

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Firstly, minor changes: I'd run Heal Bell over Protect on Audino. Audino's Regen means it doesn't need to stay in to Protect a Wish anyway, and Heal Bell frees up a moveslot for Missy. I'd then run Perish Song on Missy over Heal Bell, to give the team a win condition of some sort. Finally, I'd go for Rocky Helmet over Black Sludge on that piece of garbage to punish U-turn users.

If those are too many changes to be considered minor, then just do Rocky Helmet Garbo

I nominate

Klang @ Eviolite
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Def / 40 SDef / 92 Spd
Impish Nature
- Shift Gear
- Rest
- Gear Grind
- Sleep Talk

So Klang provides the team with a Jynx check, Sawsbuck check, bird counter (still a bit of trouble with CB Braviary but whatever Alomomola + this is kinda enough). Can't really check Scraggy but a combination of Klang, Rocky Helmet Garbo and smart switching with Missy can kinda check it well enough. And if it wasn't obvious enough already, Klang can destroy opposing stall teams, provide a win condition and absorb status in a pinch.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Really, no one thought of the mighty Metang? A competent Braviary and Psychic switch-in, and can take on Sawsbuck one-on-one?

Metang @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 84 SDef (or Def)
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Toxic
- Psych Up / Sleep Talk

176 Attack EVs can pack a punch, and is notable for OHKOing Jynx with Bullet Punch after SR, and more importantly breaking Braviary's +1 Subs with Meteor Mash more than 80% of the time. Braviary, upon seeing this, would Bulk Up again, then you respond with Toxic or Psych Up. Sleep Talk is for Jynx and Sleep Powders from stuff like Exeggutor. More physical bulk is an option as it handles Sawsbuck, Swellow and Kangaskhan better.

Last edited:
I think this team is well-integrated with a powerful sweeper; could be too difficult to outflank opponents pokemon, despite they were weakened. Weak to Braviary? That's could be a good answer (with the advantage it can optionally be revitalized by Alomomola and Audino's Wishes)

Braviary@Choice Scarf
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Superpower
- U-turn

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Bronzor @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon
- Calm Mind
- Rest

walls jynx and other stuff like metang but also handles sawsbuck better. needs a lot of boosts to beat braviary though

Well, Punch, I did... but I forgot about this. I would use Metang as well, but slightly differently:

Metang @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 84 SDef (or Def)
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hone Claws
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Bulky set up sweeper that isn't going to die anytime soon if not faced with Ground- or Fire-type attacks. It can really wreck teams, probably better than RestTalk Klang due to its greater bulk. Things like Jynx cannot kill it anytime soon which is great.

Lairon @ Eviolite
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roar

Owns Mandibuzz LOL. Can switch into psychics too unless they have HP ground. Manly Head Smash is manly :). Roar has great synergy with Garbodor. Can take Sawsbucks STABs, and can pivot out of nature power into Misdreavus. Toxic allows Lairon to hit things like Musharna and force her to use Heal Bell, as well as hitting Alomomola for some damage. Lairon is also lots of fun to use :)

Waiting on @tennisace to send me his team but coming here to end voting. Raseri won this round with his Lairon submission~

i suck at reading

Last edited:
tennisace finally stopped being a butt

this team features everyone's favorite mongoose~

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Night Slash
- Quick Attack

Exeggutor @ Choice Specs
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SAtk / 84 Spd
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain

Eelektross @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SAtk / 128 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

Probopass @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Spd
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power
- Power Gem

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 36 Atk / 56 Def / 248 HP / 168 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Megahorn
- Aqua Tail

Hmm. Pinsir easily destroys this team.. The SD set of course. If it sets up (and it's really easy, on exeggutor and probopass, as you can't risk taking a EQ or a X-scissor). At +2, the only mon he can fear is Scolipeden who takes 68.11% to 80.19% HP damage from a +2 EQ, and 27.24% to 32.2% HP damage from a +2 Quick Attack..

Scarf Braviary can also do huge damages, as it can potentially OHKO all the teams, bar Eelektross, predicting the switch and ohko probopass with superpower, and after that, it's a free way to brave bird. Hopefully, he's quite easyier to deal with, as he takes 25% on the rocks..
Speaking of scarf, scarf Charizard can kill all the team, and you can't really switch on, as he does 40.86% to 48.17% HP damage with Fire Blast to Probopass. Bar Probopass, it's an ohko each times it comes. Of course the rocks takes care, but 90% of the charizard carry a spinner, like Wartortle, and there's no spin blocker
Oh and the quick attack from zangoose only does 40.74% to 48.48% HP damage, so you just put him into the blaze range... But Hopefully, i agree that scarf charizard is very rare, and even in my own teams, i have trouble to kill it.

Special Samurott also does heavy damages, ohkoing Scolipede, Probopass, Exeggutor, and you don't have any switch in to him. If Ludicolo sets his rain on Probopass, he just ohko all the team.

I also see a weakness to Serperior, the calm mind set, who doesn't die from the Eelektross' Flamethrower at +1.

Overall, this team lacks a scarfer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)