SM OU **The Future is now! Behold! The future of OU!**

Having made a kind-of okay team during the latter days of XY, I stopped playing pokemon for quite a while since pretty much everyone seemed agree ORAS was basically the OU equivalent of the 5th circle of hell. I made a kind-of okay for USM too, but that team was standard and boring. I needed something new, something daring, something....revolutionary. Behold the greatest innovation since baton pass! A HAIL TEAM!!!

tl;dr I was bored and tried to make a usable team with a sandslash-a as the main sweeper. Don't lynch me.

mBhUPHoasueResYCZf3OYzvwt9pXW-nUvF24fVGqrnk.jpg

Vladimir Lenin (Ninetales-Alola) (M) @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Encore
- Toxic

*cue Soviet earrape*

Here to to liberate the proletariat masses from the oppression of the bourgeoisie (peliper. and rain in general.), Lenin here is my lead roughly 50% of the time, depending on the opposing team. His main role is to set up Aurora Veil and Hail for Sandslash, but also has uses with Freeze-Dry to kill Mantine, Peliper, and Swampert. Probably some other things too. Encore can mess up the plans of opposing set-up sweepers trying to snuff out the revolution, and Toxic is here to make life harder for anything else bar steel and poison types. Hail, in addition to setting up Sandslash, can also be used to cancel out opposing Sand or Rain.

028Sandslash-Alola_SM_anime.png

Benjamin Franklin (Sandslash-Alola) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Icicle Crash
- Rapid Spin

Sick of all the British (Excadrill, Kingdra, etc.) hogging all of the weather sweeping, my man Benjamin Franklin decided it was time to liberate the metagame from their oppression. In hail, his speed is brought up 458 with an Adamant nature, which I'm pretty sure outspeeds anything that isn't scarfed or boosted, but if I'm wrong please collect me. I chose Sandslash over Beartic because of the slightly higher speed stat, STAB Iron Head, and access to Earthquake, two very spammable moves. I'm sure that plenty of things can stop him in his tracks, and i probably don't have them all covered. I have little knowledge of this strange new metagame (MMawile is legal again 0.o). Please help me.

garchomp_artwork_b_by_xous54.png

Francisco Franco (Garchomp) (M) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 228 Atk / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

Hailing (hahaha get it? I kill me.) from the Mediterranean country of España, Franciso Franco isn't too thrilled about being on a team that's centered around it being cold all the time. Nonetheless, he has come to rule with an iron fist by setting up Stealth Rocks to reduce the civil liberties of the opposing team by punishing them for switching pokemon. Earthquake is of course here as well for it's spammability, and Dragonium Outrage is just there to nuke anything I'm having trouble breaking. The 28 EVs in SpA is there to 2hko Ferrothorn with Fire Blast.

Shiny_Greninja.png

Leon Trotsky (Greninja) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Extrasensory
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Perhaps even more committed to the Revolution than Lenin himself, Trotsky is so radicalized that he can change from a Water-Dark type to an Ice type, or even a Psychic type. TBH I'm not exactly sure what the specifics of this set are, I know extrasensory 2hko's Toxapex, but with 2 eq users I'm not exactly worried. Ice Beam is nicely spammable, Hydro Pump is also, to a lesser extent. I have no idea why Dark Pulse is here. I'd really like some suggestions about what other moves I could use here.

blacephalon.thumb.png.6841cbb4fc14a413a906efa611e576ca.png

Thomas Jefferson (Blacephalon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Trick

The ginger who declared independence from the OU status-quo is also lending his ever-increasing SpA to become and instrument of. I have never used Blacephalon before, it's move pool was disappointing to me but it still seems like a powerful threat as a sweeper. I don't have much else to say lol.

380Latias_Mega_Dream.png

Joan-of-Arc (Latias-Mega) (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt

I don't know enough about Joan-of-Arc to make any jokes. She was burned at the stake for wearing men's cloths though. This is why I need feminism. Anyway, I didn't have a mega so I just threw Latias on here because she's always reliable. After a couple of calm minds, she can sweep almost any team with Stored Power and Thunderbolt.

Anyway, that's my team. It's probably unsalvageable but it was still fun. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions!

Last edited:
Hi!

Awesome that someone is givig Sandslash some attention, STAB Icicle Crash with Earthquake makes it the underused version of Mamoswine (who is also underused). I would use Swords Dance > Rapid Spin because it will give Sandslash greater sweeping potential, whilst turning it into a wallbreaker. At +2 it can kill Toxapex after Stealth Rock and easily OHKO Mag with EQ, 2HKO defensive Celesteela, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory (go flinch) with Icicle Crash. It also has a chance to OHKO Mega-Sableye. A case could be made to use Knock Off > Iron Head but I would keep it for Unaware Clefable.

The rest of your mons should take advantage of these walls being dead or weakened, while acknowledging that your opponent won’t bring in a Landorus or Heatran into Sandslash alola. So what you need are mons that can handle these remaining threats. Some ideas:

Spikes on Greninja instead of Dark Pulse, the additional switch in damage will be appreciated accompanied by hail and allows you to absorb any passive Volt Switch’s (from Mag squared).

Instead of Mega-Latias you can try Mega-Lopunny, who would appreciate a dead Skarmory or Toxapex. I would use Fake Out / High Jump Kick / Ice Punch and then either Return to maybe Healing Wish to revive a weakened Sandslash or Ninetales.

If you would make this change you wouldn’t have any good Tapu Koko switch ins. I’m not sure what the best option to remedy this would be, but you could try replacing Blacephalon with non-mega Lati@s, perhaps Assault Vest Trangrowth (would also check Greninja), or defensive Tapu Bulu. Tangrowth might be the best option because it would also check Kartana. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)