ORAS OU The Hearthstone Master's Magnum Opus [Peak #48 1905 ELO]

Sup, here is a godly innovating offense team I made (myself) a few days ago, decided to ladder with it and peaked at 1905 elo ezpz.

Proof of peak: http://i.imgur.com/ys6ngkd.png

Descriptions :
(nobody's gonna read them but whatever xD)​

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

First let's start off with Clefable, it's probably my favorite pokemon this gen. Moonblast and Soft-Boiled are standard moves on it. Thunder Wave is amazing on Clef and allows it to put huge amount of pressure against balanced and offense teams, you should use it whenever you can. Rotom-W, Garchomp and Landorus-T are the usual switch-ins to Twave Clef but none of them can 2HKO it, so you either chip them down or predict the switch and paralyze something, it's really good. I chose Calm Mind over Flamethrower because it forces switches and allows me to win some 1v1s if played well against Thundurus, Zapdos and such.
The full defensive spread allows you not to get 2HKO'd by bulky Lando-T, bulky Chomp, Lopunny, etc.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Next we have bulky the Landorus-T. Standard set.
This is our rock setter, it can switch-in on a lot of things thanks to Intimidate (which is why I chose it over Garchomp) and set up rocks very easily. It's then mainly used to chip down physical attackers or as a pivot against threats like M-Heracross, CharX, Dragonite, Excadrill, etc.
The set is standard, I prefer Stone Edge over Knock Off so I can put pressure on Talonflame.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Earthquake

I chose to use Mega-Venusaur over other megas because I found it really annoying to deal with every time I played against it as few teams are prepared against it. It counters Breloom, Azumarill, Keldeo, Manaphy, Rotom, Serperior and checks many more things.
I chose to use a bulky spread over a more offensive one because it makes it more resilient against things it does not check (can take a Psyshock from Latios for example) and I found that more SpA doesn't really matter because you either do very little damage (against Steel types) or good enough damage to 2HKO/3HKO already. Don't hesitate as well to fish for poison against things like Zapdos or Mew.
I originally had Sleep Powder over Earthquake but I decided to change it because I found Heatran to be one of the more common switch-in to Venu, the -Attack Nature doesn't really matter since you 2HKO either way. Heatran is also very annoying to deal with with this team (nothing wants to get burned) so a surprise EQ to bring it to ~30% HP allows Bisharp to clean up more easily.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Magnezone fits really well in this team and has great synergy with Venusaur. Its main use is to trap other steel Types and mainly those that switch-in to Venusaur or Clefable like Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Klefki and Scizor (it will usually BP if you are boosted with CM, which is a reason why I use it). You can also use it to kill Excadrill if it switches in on the HP Fire or trap things like Metagross and chip it down with Volt Switch. The simple fact that it's there also allows me to use something other than HP Fire on Venusaur. I prefer Scarf over Specs as it allows Magnezone to outspeed anything below base 110 speed included and generally speaking gives it more utility.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Focus Blast / Icy Wind

I needed a fast sweeper that wouldn't make my team weak to Stealth Rocks so I naturally went with Keldeo. It's there to finish off fast threats like Weavile, Raikou/Manectric, Lopunny, Diancie, etc. It can also spread burns on more resilient mons like Rotom-W and Lati@s thanks to Scald which makes it very hard to switch into.
I tested Specs over Scarf but I prefer the latter because I found that a very fast mon was vital for my team.
Focus Blast was recommended to me by a "friend" instead of the more traditional Icy Wind because it can kill the occasional Tangrowth and deals more damage to Rotom-W and Suicune but I have never actually used it so you can swap it out for Icy Wind or HP Bug/Electric if you want to.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Bisharp is mainly there as a wallbreaker. It can setup fairly easily after a u-turn or a Volt Switch against more balanced teams or after a Lati@s used Draco. It can deal with faster threats like Tornadus/Thundurus/Metagross and even Mega-Lopunny after a Swords Dance thanks to Sucker Punch.
I prefer to use an Adamant Nature over a Jolly one because Adamant already outspeeds most Rotom-W and there aren't many relevant mons that Jolly Bisharp outspeeds anyway.
Lum is probably usable so you can set up on Rotom-W but I prefer Life Orb for the damage boost it grants me in general.​

godly (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

team (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

made (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

by (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Earthquake

the (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Focus Blast

HSMaster (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Here are a few replays of me beating """""good"""" players on the ladder:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-440604774
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-439248310
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-440585124
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-440014586

Don't forget to credit me when you use my team. ^^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)