Walrus The KnightsofSonata I Just Can't Get Enough Cross-server Walrus [Walrein Wins]

5th Place
Submitted by SketchUp
Score: 9.5

Sincerely, Me from Dear Evan Hansen

This is some great exposition with some good back and forth between the characters, wrapped up in a driving backing. The first time I heard of Dear Evan Hansen, it was being listed as a Tony nominee during the awards ceremony, and I haven’t learned much about it since then. But this song does a great job of introducing a plot I barely know.

4th Place
Submitted by BLOODYRAIN10001
Score: 9.6

Gay Or European from Legally Blonde: The Musical

I could easily be called biased about this submission because it’s coming from a friend who also introduced me to the Jojo video version. But this is a very well-crafted song nonetheless. The melody and vocals have a bouncy, attention-grabbing meter to go along with the cheeky lyrics and clever use of internal rhyme.

Walrein gets a standing ovation in 1st!
acidphoenix receives a bouquet of roses in 2nd!
MyNameIsNothing takes a bow in 3rd!

Category Eight is Color Me Impressed. There is no way I can stick to the 5 days rule without holiday plans getting in the way. So we will take a short Winter Break, then start scribbling on the walls on Thursday the 28th at 5pm CST.

And now for an outro with no less than 17 Jean Valjeans:

Last edited:
Okay, before we dive into the reveal tomorrow, I want to talk to about scores. My scores are crazy, right? It's ridiculous. It's also not how they used to be.

Before the disco category from my last walrus sent me spiraling out of control, this was my scoring system:

0 - Catfail
0.1 to 4.9 - Bad
5.0 to 5.9 - Meh
6.0 and up - Good to Great
Why is this important? Starting with this round, I'm returning to that old scoring system. So in future reveals we're gonna see 6s and 5s and (god forbid) maybe even some 4s. Probably very, very few 4's, though, because y'all keep sending me good stuff.

So stay frosty, and remember: even though the scoring system has been restored to its rightful sanity, it's still anybody's game.

20th Place
Submitted by LightWolf
Score: 6.8

Vodka by Mad Cow

Have you ever had one of those days where you’re scouring the massive lists of assorted colors on Wikipedia, wondering why the hell Vodka and Prune and Shadow are considered colors, and then you said “fuck it” and decided to go looking for a song whose title contains the least color-sounding color ever? Lightwolf has. Then he changed his mind and submitted a Eurobeat song about vodka, because (sadly) there are no songs titled AuroMetalSaurus. The horns here are toight like a tiger, but the female vocals fall flat for me.

19th Place
Submitted by SketchUp
Score: 7.2

Rhapsody In Blue by George Gershwin and performed by Leonard Bernstein and the New York Philharmonic

Hooray for the classics? There are some parts where it gets quite lively- and overall it’s enjoyable- but a major part of my opinion consists of trying to mentally tally just how many times I’ve heard this song before.

11th Place
Submitted by Da Letter El
Score: 8.5

Supermassive Black Hole by Muse

Despite what DLE thinks, I do prefer some Muse songs over others. Soldier's Poem and my namesake song are favorites you’ve seen in other walruses. I’m also pretty partial to Origin of Symmetry and the first half of The 2nd Law. This isn’t one of my favorites, but it’s a pretty solid song.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)