ORAS LC The Milk Boys (Top 8 LC Tour)

kloshitt

Banned deucer.
Hello Smogon.

Ill show you my Team that i used while the "Official LC Tournament" more often than my other teams.
It is an balanced Volt-Turn team with Chinchou and Larvesta.

Team Bouilding:

At first i started with Chinchou because it is a cool Pokemon that can also annoy with Scald and Volt switching out all the time.

Then i wanted something for the Pokemon that want to attack my Chinchou with Ground-Attacks and also something to kill Grass-Types so i went with Archen cause it is fucking cute <3.

Then i needed something to take on Archen´s weaks like Rock Ice Electric. So i chose Timburr because i also needed something against Stall because Timburr with Bulk Up can still do work.

Then i needed a SRer so Diglett crossed my mind and i chose it because it can also trap annoying Shit that i might not take out that easy and also it is good when i can just Volt Switch out into it to trap something.

Then i wanted some kind of powerhouse. I chose Gastly because it is pretty fast and has big eyes. It also can take on Grass-Types well although i don´t need that as you can see later.

Last but not least is Larvesta. I chose it because it has an ok Attack-Stat and U-turn which i can use for a VoltTurn synergy and trap things more often with Diglett.

Sets Bouilding:

Now when i finished i filled the move-slots. I chose defensive Chinchou and Larvesta to take hits better so they can more easily use Volt-Switch or U-Turn. I chose Defog Archen because of my Larvesta obviously. Then i took Bulk Up Timburr (formerly Mienfoo) to have a late game cleaner. Diglett i just chose an Sash set to live a hit while SRing or traping (take like a sucker punch). Because i did not have a scarfer so far i just scarfed Gastly.

Moves explaining:

Rest Talk Chinchou is probably the best defensive Chinchou set because it does not have another Recovery move than Rest. Scald and Volt Switch are for obvious reasons like burning Opponents Pokemon and things i already mentioned.

Just a standard Defog Archen Set. I chose Rock Tomb over Rock Slide because it sometimes is more helpful to lower the Opponents Speed and then just go for an other attack. This helps against like Abra vs Archen if i have full hp. Acro is just for strong STAB and EQ for couverage for Electric Types and Steel Types.

Also an standard set. Drain Punch obviously for Recovery Mach Punch for Priority and Knock Off for Ghost Types. With Bulk Up it can take physical Hits better and highers its possibility of sweeping especially lategam what i already mentioned.

SR is obviously for SRing because Rocks are never bad. Sash is for already mentioned reasons. Rock Slide is for Flying Types like Archen Fletchling etc. . EQ is just for obvious strong STAB. Sucker Punch for like Gastly or just Priority which is never bad but i also could run SClaw but i dont think that is needed.

Not standard this time. I chose Trick to cripple stall pokemon or to lock Pokes into a move so that they are no longer threats and I can win the game potentenly. HP Fight is for especially Pawniard which could just SD and potently win if my Timburr is low enough. The other 2 moves are just for STAB obviously.

Because i didnt know what set to use i went to the analysis and found this set. I just chose it because i thought why not should fit into the team and it does. So will-o is obviously to burn annyoing physical Pokemon. Flare Blitz / U-Turn are obviously for STAB.

Importable:

Angler (Chinchou) @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
Level: 5
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 156 SpD / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Micropator (Archen) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 40 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Rock Tomb
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Blowing Anchor (Timburr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 76 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Earth's surface (Diglett) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Demon Eater (Gastly) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 SpA / 108 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Sludge Bomb

Who can u trust (Larvesta) @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz

Threatlist:

Good Players

lol idk i can beat most stuff

What ever now:

Sorry for Grammar mistakes and something like that it isnt my mother tongue and i have it just my 5th year at school.

Shoutous:

All people in BOF
and to all my opponents in LC Tour and on Ladder.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey dude, pretty sweet team, congrats on making it to top 8! However, you might want to expand a bit, the rules require detailed analysis of each pokemon, and not just 2 lines for each Pokemon! The format of this also makes it kinda eh. Anyway, one of the first things I see when I look at this is a weakness to Archen, as well as a weakness to Abra. You really struggle with a wellplayed mon of each, as although they can't really switch in too much they do hella damage to your entire team. This team heavily relies on gaining momentum fast with Bulky Chou and Larvesta paired with Diglett. However, you really lose momentum with Gastly and Timburr, as Timburr is really slow and takes a bit to build up into a reliable threat, while Gastly might be able to kill something but then the momentum really shifts over to the other side, similar to Pursuit Scarftar, or BW Pursuit BandScizor. Being locked into something that you can't just spam really kills momentum, and a well-played sack could potentially lose you the game!

One thing you could do is run Thunderbolt>Hidden Power Fighting on Gastly. Thunderbolt allows you to OHKO Berry Juice Archen (93.8% chance) and also has the benefit of allowing you to 2hko Vullaby, making it not as good of a switchin, meaning that you preserve your items and essentially make your team bulkier against Vullaby (since it won't have the chance to Knock Off). You could also run a Modest Nature if you want, since this guarantees the OHKO on Archen and makes a 2hko 96% likely, without Stealth Rock on the field. A Modest Nature also makes sure Gastly still hits 17 Speed, allowing it to tie with Archen and Mienfoo. However, you don't really beat Mienfoo, so outspeed it after a Trick isn't a priority. If you feel that you need to kill Archen as fast as possible then stay with Timid, however if you don't feel that you would use Trick all that often against offensive teams then stay with Modest. Hidden Power Fighting isn't really all that important, as you can't spam it, and your team does fine against things like Pawniard anyway (resttalk Chinchou, Larvesta, Diglett). In fact it makes you more weak to things like Fletchling, as they gain a free setup turn while you have to switch out. Now, hazards are still really shitty to you, and from personal experience I can tell you that I won't always be able to bring in Archen to Defog. Since Timburr is such a momentum killer to your team (although yeah, it does well against stall) I would like to suggest Taunt Mienfoo as this allows you to increase momentum, making the flow of the battle in your favor almost all the time. Taunt Mienfoo also puts a complete stop to things like Shell Smash, Dwebble, Onix (speed ties), Ferroseed, some Cottonee sets, and even things like Surskit / Spinarak Sticky Web Offense (really potent since LO Bunny really demolishes you). Mienfoo can also pivot really well, while also demolishing stall. The only thing you can't stop on stall teams are wishpassing Spritzee, which you still lost to with Timburr anyway. Lastly, since you Mienfoo now instead of Timburr if you followed my suggestions, you should be a tad weak to status now, since your only status-absorber is Chinchou. If you want, you can swap out Volt Switch for Heal Bell, although this does take away some pressure and can relieve it from your opponent. However, it can be really cool, against stall teams, as you can still use Heal Bell if you manage to get lucky with it during Sleep Talk, which is always fun. Anyway, hope this helped you!

kloshitt

Banned deucer.
Hey well yeah i suck at making rmts and especially at explaining but most should be obvious anyways ._. Well im not really Fletchling weak but ok, well hp fight... could change that yea but idk if tbolt makes sence too much could test it lol ^^. And Yeah i could also change back Timburr to Mienfoo which didnt also fit too bad in the team whatever i wouldnt feel like changing the thread but ill test

Thx for respone ^^

Quick comment: if you plan to go through with amauras suggestions I would suggest going ahead and using taunt foo but keeping gastly timid, if it's modest it no longer checks SS omanyte which otherwise can threaten your team massively once Chinchou is slightly weakened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)