Challenge The Nuzlocke Challenge - Mark 2

hello everyone!

this is my first post in this tread and in smogon in general, and i decided that i will make a Sacred Gold nuzlocke
wish me luck!

rules:
if something faints, it's dead. no exeptions.
i can only catch the first pokemon of every route.
if i get a present pokemon, he counts as the first pokemon of the route
if i im blaked out and i still having pokemons in the pc, i can continue with a team made of pokemons of the pc.
the nuzlock will end when i have defeated the pokemon league of kanto, but i can continue and try to fight red.
i will try to make a fanfic , but if you, guys, doesn't like it, just tell me, and i will stop making this. ( sorry for any tipo or something like this, english isn't my first lenguage.)

so it begins

chapter 1

introduction.

date: 05/06/2014.
writhing from: new bark town.

summary:

we knew that somethig was going really wrong two months ago. sudenly, we had reports of pokemon attacking people, being more agresive. and this wasn't the worst part. the pokemons were more weaker, when normally they just would faint, now they die.

i'm the agent W. a member of a organitzation made to protect humans and pokemons. i have been envoy to discover the reason of this, disguised as a rocky trainer from new bark town, i must discover if there is any relation between that disease and the sudden return of the team rocket. only my "mother" ( a member of the organitzation who help me to make the alibi) and the professors can know about my real identity. the rest of people will know me as Winter.
the mission will begin in 2 days.

pokemons: anyone yet.
pc: anyone yet
dead: anyone yet.

signed: agent w.

Alright, so I decided to try a Nuzlocke on my recently purchased Pokemon Y game. (try it on X? After all the work I've put on it, and the Blazikenite on there? Are you kidding?) So, the rules I'm going by:

- First Pokemon in a given route is the only one I'm allowed to catch, unless it's the same species as one I've already caught that isn't dead in which case I can attempt to catch the next one.
- All Pokemon caught must be nicknamed.
- If a Pokemon faints, and isn't automatically healed after the battle, it's dead and must be boxed ASAP.
- Battle mode is SET. (as opposed to SHIFT) I do not get an opportunity to switch Pokemon before my opponent sends out their next Pokemon.
- Legendary Pokemon WILL be caught, (not like I have a choice with the death bird Yveltal) but NOT used.
- I can't use Pokemon Amie, (unless I catch Eevee for Sylveon as it's required) Super Training, or EXP Share. This is supposed to be a challenge.
- If I run out of useable Pokemon, I lose and must delete the save file. Any legendary Pokemon or shinies caught will first be banked.
- Shiny Clause is active. (if I encounter one I can attempt to catch it even if it's not the first Pokemon I encountered on that route)
- My current Nuzlocke ends successfully once I make it past the final Looker mission.

I think that covers it, so time to go on about my progress so far. The adventure of Sparkplug!

I start the game, choose boy and then go with the blonde haired option. Give Sycamore my hero's name, and then I wake up in Vaniville Town. Fletchling used Peck! It's super effective! Sparkplug woke up! Anyway, I go to the mirror and change out of the PJ's, then head downstairs. Say hi to mom, then go outside to meet Shauna and Serena. I then head out for Aquacorde Town to get myself a starter!

One short trip later, I arrive and meet Trevor and Tierno. (sweet Arceus that doofy face on Tierno! O_O) I settle on the nickname of Sparky, then get to choose my starter. Since I used Fennekin in X, this time I go with Chespin. And when I go to nickname it, lo and behold it's a female! She'll go by Chesna! She's Hasty, and a little quick tempered. I also receive the Pokedex and...a letter that I need to take back home. Yay. However, before I can leave, Shauna challenges me to battle with her newly gained Froakie. A female Froakie, no less! But it avails her not, for Chesna merely spams Vine Whip to bring the bubble frog down. So far so good, I mean it'd be really embarrassing if I lost the first battle in the game...

After coming back from Vaniville Town, with a change of clothes that I'll probably never really look at, I head out onto Avance Trail (Route 2) to learn how to catch Pokemon, and more importantly get some Pokeballs to catch with. Take a few steps and I encounter a Pidgey. Too bad I don't have any balls to catch it, as I would have loved to have nicknamed it Pudgy. So now I can't catch anything on this route, but I watch Serena show off her mad catching skillz, and get 10 Pokeballs I get the feeling may not be used much at all. Into the forest! But first, stop and stomp on a Youngster.

In the Santalune Forest, I hope to catch something interesting, but no, my hopes are dashed because of MONKEY. Crud. Oh well, I catch the female Panpour and nickname her Pan. She's Rash, so might be good for Scald later. She's apparently capable of taking hits...just don't ask her to take special hits. Shauna wants to follow, so I accept her aid to help level up Pan a bit while collecting Potions and Pokeballs. Wait, something is very wrong here. There's a Youngster Joey that isn't going on and on about Rattata! Well now he can go home and think about the wrongness of not using a top-percentage Rattata. Or rot in the forest. Either way. I face a few more trainers, including a Lass with a male Pikachu. Smartly, I switch Pan for Chesna, though all Pikachu ends up doing is spamming Growl. Either way, I'm not risking the loss of Pan just after I caught her even when normally I release a multitude of her kind and the other two elemental monkeys disturbingly often on X.

I make it out of the forest and onto Ouvert Way, (Route 3) and Serena makes the helpful suggestion of challenging the Santalune Gym. I know that's the bug gym lead by Viola and her horrible camera puns, but Chesna's got Rollout by now so I should be okay once I level up a little more to hope to compete with her Vivillon of Meadow pattern. (mine end up being Polar Pattern for those curious) Still, it couldn't hurt to try for another Pokemon on my team, right? BIDOOF. FREAKING BIDOOF. So now I'm going to have two Water types on my team once Bonny evolves, provided she makes it that far... Yes, she. Third Poke, third female. She's a sleepy, Bashful Bidoof who's so dense she's Unaware of the opponent's stat changes. I save in Santalune for now.

Bonny: Lv 3
Pan: Lv 8
Chesna: Lv 9

So I decide to head back onto Ouvert Way to train Bonny. A bit of back and fourth between here and the PC in Santalune, and then challenge a Preschooler. Battle of the Bidoof ensues with both being at Lv 6, and Bonny barely scrapes through with 3 HP remaining. Move on to Detourner Way (Route 22) for some more training, where a trainer spams Leer on their Litleo...only to go into Ember. One Lass and her Flabebe later, and I'm up against a School kid with his Metapod. Easy-peasy with Bonny not even being aware of Metapod desperately fending itself with Harden. And ONE Tackle. Poor kid thinks his Metapod evolving into Butterfree would help him... Not when I just caught Litleo! ...Yet another female, but given Litleo's gender ratio (75% female) I'm not surprised. For now on, this Rivalrous Naive girl who's so keen on sounds shall be known as Sara! I've got to do some training with Sara, and hopefully she'll evolve into a beautiful Pyroar, but that's a long ways off and no guarantee she'll even make it.

Sara: Lv 6
Pan: Lv 10
Bonny: Lv 10
Chesna: Lv 11

Farfetch'd is evil. While training Sara, I encounter Farfetch'd and think this shouldn't be too hard. Switch for Bonny, and spam Tackle like no tomorrow, but the crafty duck uses Sand Attack to screw with her accuracy. Then proceeds to use Fury Attack. Two hits. Then Fury Attack again. Again, two hits. Third time Bonny lands a hit on the Farfetch'd, and Farfetch'd misses with Fury Attack. This is starting to look bad, but I stupidly decide not to use a Potion. I believe the Tackle misses and Fury Attack hits. Once. Twice. Three times.

Bonny fainted!

Pan took it upon herself to Water Gun that blasted duck into oblivion, but it was too late for Bonny...

Sara: Lv 7
Pan: Lv 11
Chesna: lv 11

R.I.P. Bonny... Lv 3 - Lv 10 You will always be remembered as the little Bidoof that could...

So, after that tragedy, I work the team hard while also being careful not to let their health dip too low. Encounter a few Farfetch'd, and summarily slaughter them all. Sara really picks up the levels here to finally catch up with Pan and Chesna. After that, it's time for the gym! First battle is up against a Ledyba with Supersonic. Thankfully, it misses Pan and she drowns it with repeated Water Guns. Then a trainer with Spewpa who thankfully doesn't spam Protect, and one with Kakuna whose Poison Sting thankfully doesn't poison. Eventually, I make it to Viola, who...ugh. Those camera puns... Anyway, I send Pan out first, then switch to Chesna and use Rollout...which misses. Thankfully, Surskit is rather pathetic and its Tackles are more like tickles against Chesna's spiny shell. Then a Rollout hits, and hits again, and one-shots Vivillon who tries Tackle as opposed to Infestation. (not that I blame the AI for not going with the crappy bug move...) So I earn myself the Bug Badge...and the TM for Infestation which I'm never going to touch if my life depended on it.

Pan: Lv 13
Sara: Lv 13
Chesna: Lv 14

Eheh...oops... Overleveled just a bit...I though Vivillon was Lv 14, not 12. ...It's been awhile since I last battle the gyms, okay?!

Last edited:
The next update for my challenge. Perhaps I should have made this its own thread...

So after beating Viola, I head for Parterre Way, (Route 4) but get stopped by Alexa. She gives me the EXP Share which I promptly turn off. That thing shall never be turned on again, as per my self-imposed restrictions. So I beat on a Preschooler boy I pity for trading for Magikarp that doesn't even know Tackle yet, and a Preschooler girl who thinks she's Navi. Then three Gardeners all carrying Corphish. Eventually, I reach the end of the route and meet Sina and Dexio, who 'lead' me into Lumiose and Sycamore's Pokemon lab. I go up to the third floor and he challenges me to a battle. "Just so you know, I'm not that tough." And then he sends out a LV 100 Mewtwo that spams Psystrike. Well, actually just Lv 10 Kanto starters. Sara takes care of them all quite handily, using Work Up twice to make up for Rivalry, then takes out Bulbasaur with one Ember. The other two take a flinch-inducing Headbutt then another Headbutt to finish it off. After that, I get to pick one! ...I suppose I'll have to skip on Diantha's Ralts until my challenge is over...if I make it that far. Anyway, I pick Charmander and nickname him Charles. He's Adamant, and nods off a lot, which is kind of a problem for the Charizardite Y I receive but whatever. Once that's done I head out for Parterre Way to catch something.

...It ends up being a Ledyba. I nickname it Gosei and shove him in the PC box. And of course much better stuff shows up after, including Skitty and Budew, but I can't catch them because that Ledyba had to show up first. Probably should have just fainted it and catch nothing on the route... I head back into Lumiose to go into Cafe Soleil to meet up with Serena and eavesdrop on a conversation between Diantha and Lysandre.

"I would end the world in an instant so that beauty never fades." or something to that effect. Really shows a bit of his character right from the start. Anyway, Serena wants to make things a little competition, claiming she won't lose. Sorry, dear, you're going to have to get used to having your derriere handed to you time and time again. With that, I head for Versant Road... (Route 5) and get a Holocaster call from Tierno telling me to come out on the route I was just about to head to. Telling me Miltank go "Moo!" would have been more helpful...

Once on the route, I'm not quite attacked by Lucario, and Korrina comes chasing after it. A little chatting, and the indication that I'll be facing her soon, and I'm free to go again. First up, Twins! Twins with Plusle and Minun! Twins with Plusle and Minun that make no attempt whatsoever to use Special attacks for the boost with Plus and Minus being together, but at least can Helping Hand into Quick Attack! Then I figure I should catch something, and...Gulpin. Not my first choice, but at least Gluttina is far more resilient than a Ledyba. This Sticky Hold wielding female is Lax with a sturdy body that's almost all stomach. Yawn is incredibly useful, and she picks up Sludge pretty soon after capture. Soon, I meet up with Tierno and Trevor, the former challenging me to a battle with a Corphish knowing Swords Dance. Gluttina mostly shuts it down with Yawn before I switch to Chesna who Vine Whips to victory. After, I continue on my way through the route, collecting Hone Claws and beating trainers along the way to Camphrier Town. While training, Chesna reaches Lv 16 and evolves into Quiladin.

Charles: Lv 15
Sara: Lv 15
Gluttina: Lv 15
Pan: Lv 16
Chesna: Lv 16

After saving, I try to leave, but get told to go to Shabboneau Castle. So I go, and apparently Shauna's there talking with the current owner. He knows nothing about Mega Evolution, naturally. But then he's called to go to Riviere Walk (Route 7) and I'm suggested to go check it out. Once there...BIG. FAT. SLEEPING. SNORLAX. Doing what it does best by blocking the bridge to the rest of the route, of course. I'll be attempting to catch the slumbering beast, but first...the Poke Flute. Which is at Parfum Palace. Alright then.

I head back and then north along Palais Lane (Route 6) carefully so as to try not trigger the shaky bushes that would net me either Audino or Venipede. Yeah, like I'm going to actually catch a Honedge for my Nuzlocke... Fight a couple of tourists, and Charles evolves into a Charmeleon! Yay! Eventually, I arrive at Parfum Palace, and Shauna kicks up a fuss over what I'm going to assume would be the equivalent of paying $10 to get past the gate. Not exactly thrilled, either, but considering I haven't bought anything all play through so far I'm not exactly strapped for cash. Immediately upon entering the owner is in a panic over his beloved Furfrou having gone missing. I don't have a choice, I have to go help find the blasted dog monster. To the courtyard!

First up, grab stuff, including Cut from the eye of the Chandelure. (warning: trying to retrieve something from a real Chandelure's eyes is ill advised.) And a Super Potion from one of its flames. (again, don't try this with a real one) After grabbing the Super Potion from the male Pyroar face, I finally go to tackle what is probably the most difficult puzzle in the game: cornering Furfrou. Well, more annoying than hard, the Ice Path in Johto was harder. After 'rescuing' the beast, the owner decides to throw some 'wonderfrou' fireworks to celebrate. Ugh.

One scene that people may look too hard into and fireworks later, Shauna tells that we need the Poke Flute to wake up Snorlax. The owner has his butler do the dirty work, apparently too much of an all important rich guy to get his own hands dirty with it. Whatever. I head out with the 'borrowed' flute and take the western path back. Double Furfrou battle? No, no, no, no, no... Maybe later when I'm more certain that I won't lose someone to double Furfrou. I didn't sign up to have to take on every trainer as I encounter them...though that may be an idea for next time if I want. So I instead take the eastern path, pick up Venoshock, and encounter Oddish. Crud. Well I catch her and nickname her Adelle...then put her in the PC for now. I already have a good Grass type still active, and a Poison type. And I have a shot at a pretty powerful Pokemon at this point in game that won't really require catching up all that much. So back to Camphrier Town to rest up for...When Snorlax Attack!

Charles: Lv 16
Chesna: Lv 16
Gluttina: Lv 16
Pan: Lv 17
Sara: Lv 17

Last edited:
I go into the Center and purchase 5 Great Balls to aid my efforts in catching Snorlax. Then I go out to Riviere Walk and switch Gluttina to the lead position for her Yawn. I then talk to the owner of Shabboneau Castle for him to play the Poke Flute and wake up the slumbering beast. I have Gluttina use Yawn, then Pound, then switch for Chesna to Vine Whip and Bite Snorlax. Slowly, it's health dwindles, thanks to a Sitrus Berry healing some of the damage. I put it back asleep with Yawn and eventually catch it in a...Pokeball. Well I still have some Great Balls left for later, at least. (though this does get me thinking of next time adding the restriction of no purchasing items and only using what's given/found) The guy from Parfum Palace says he'll let the Shabboneau Castle guy keep the flute. Snoozer is Calm, but scatters things often, and has Thick Fat to keep the heat and cold from bugging him too much. But what was behind Snoozer's napping spot? The Day-Care, of course! I get the tour courtesy of Trevor and Tierno. We all know how this works, but you can leave up to two Pokemon here at a time and if they're opposite genders and in the same egg group...or with Ditto, Egg time! However no one in the game seems to be aware of where these eggs come from...even though I've cranked more eggs out of there in X than Cadbury in Easter. Whatever. Then it's off to face an Artist with Smeargle that knows Brick Break. I'd be scared for Snoozer...if Smeargle's Attack wasn't so crap. As it is, Snoozer barely budges while 2KO'ing with Tackle. Then a double Smeargle battle, then another Smeargle battle. Poke my head into the Battle Chateau to earn the rank of Baron. But going near the back, I get to do a multi-battle with me and Serena vs. Trevor and Tierno. Snoozer puts up a terrific performance despite his lack of Attack. And then into Connecting Cave, the Zubat Roost. But my catch isn't a Zubat, but Whismur! I nickname her Noisemaker, and she goes straight to the PC. But she's Hardy and Highly curious. She'll be the last Pokemon I catch...in the Central Pokedex, anyway.

I head out to Muraille Coast (Route 8) and meet Sina and Dexio again to receive the Coastal Pokedex! So tantalizingly close to Cyllage City, yet so actually very far away from it. I best a trainer with her Axew, and then another trainer. My catch for the route will help me greatly later: Driflloon. I nickname him Drifter and he goes to the PC. Snoozer barely manages to beat a Machop. Still, I make it to Ambrette Town without loss.

Pan: Lv 18
Sara: Lv 18
Chesna: Lv 18
Charles: Lv 18
Gluttina: Lv 18
Snoozer: Lv 18

Now, the next part I want to make clear. I will count each section/floor of a given cave separately for catching purposes. So in Glittering Cave, I will allow myself to catch an Onix, Kangaskhan, etc. in the first part, and either Woobat or Ferroseed if they happen to come down on me in the second part in the back. Same would be true for Reflecting Cave, but...I'm considering just using Repel through the entire thing to avoid Wobbuffet.

With that out of the way, I take a few steps into Ambrette Town and am greeted by Serena, who suggests poking in to the lab in the town. I do so and she joins, and they suggest going to Glittering Cave. Well why not? The last Rhyhorn I rode barely took two steps before going back onto it's comfy blankie. Onto Spike Passage! (Route 9)

Once here, a convenient little sign says I need to ride a Pokemon to get around on this route, in this case a Rhyhorn. It's...pretty clunky, but workable. I encounter a couple of Hippopotas, and even a Helioptile, but the first Pokemon here I encounter is Sandile which I catch and name Shades. He's got Intimidate, and might be helpful later for his Ground and Dark typing, though I'm not sure who I'd box for him at this point. I get to the end, and a kind Ranger girl heals my team just in time for me to enter. Good thing, too, because Pan was looking a little haggard.

Snoozer: Lv 18
Chesna: Lv 18
Pan: Lv 19
Sara: Lv 19
Charles: Lv 19
Gluttina: Lv 19

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
~~bump~~

Tomorrow I am going to begin a Pokémon XD: Gales of Darkness nuzlocke. I need to set up an old TV and Wii in my room first. Rules:
1) Regular nuzlocke rules except that I may catch every Pokémon, as IIRC this is only 40-odd Pokémon in the whole game. This may seem like a lot, but think about it: I can only catch my Pokémon in trainer battles, and all battles are double battles which cause more deaths naturally than single battles.
2) After the I beat Greevil the team will be solidified and I must beat Mt. Battle all the way to 100 with said team, as well as all rounds of the Orre Colosseum. I may replace any fatalities in the final fight with new shadow Pokémon, though.
3) I will be keeping a death box, because... I'm not sure, really. I like keeping them to remember the awful nicknames I give Pokémon. Speaking of...
4) I will be on IRC and checking this thread regularly. You guys can name my Pokémon. I will accept names on IRC when I purify them only, so posting in the thread could be better. I will name the starters and Plusle as soon as we get to the name rater in Mt. Battle.
5) Catching all shadow Pokémon is not necessary. Nor do I have to battle every trainer.

Team:
MAREEP the Mareep
- Shadow Blitz
- Shadow Shed
- Thundershock
- Thunder Wave

Ellipse the Spheal
- Aurora Beam
- Water Gun
- Charm
- Mud-Slap

Kakariko the Shiftry
- Giga Drain
- Secret Power
- Bullet Seed
- Refresh

Caesar the Houndiur
- Faint Attack
- Ember
- Charm
- Roar

Dreidel the Baltoy
- Psybeam
- Rock Tomb
- Mud-Slap
- Refresh

Penny the Mightyena
- Poison Fang
- Dig
- Bote
- Howl

Death:
Smear the Ledyba
- Aerial Ace
- Psybeam
- Supersonic
- Refresh

Gogo the Teddiursa
- Return
- Fury Swipes
- Metal Claw
- Lick

Hydropi the Vaporeon
- Water Gun
- Bite
- Tackle
- Tail Whip

Reserves:
GULPIN the Gulpin
SPINARAK the Spinarak
NUMEL the Numel
SHROOMOSH the Shroomish
DELCATTY the Delcatty

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
OK so I just can't find my Colosseum disk anywhere and I am really raring to get this thing started, so I've decided to do XD instead. It's not the optimal solution but it's what I've decided to do. I am going to be starting it literally now. The first question I will be asking IRC is which eeveelution I should pick. Post your suggestions here, too, and I'll go for the most popular choice!

Celever

i am town
OK talking on IRC and everything as well as KingHeracrossTheBug there means that I am getting a Vaporeon now. Yaaay.

To avoid pc++ I will just go ahead and edit my post from now on when I get new Pokémon and nicknames, so suggest names for all Pokémon in XD now and I'll note them down. You can check back whenever for updates.

akaFila

butterscotch love
Playing through a nuzlocke on Pokemanz Platinum, and considering I'm doing a detailed "log" elsewhere on everything taking place, may as well post it here as well.

Episode 1: Press Start
This adventure begins as any other would, via old man professor asking whether you're a boy or girl and what your name is. As to not be lonely when kidnapped by Mr. Creepy Creep, I let the name slip of my best bro. #EnterCreepyOldMan#EnterProtagonist #EnterRival

Professor: Rowan

Protagonist: Fila ~ Rival: Fapalot

Twinleaf Town

Kicking things off in Twinleaf Town, Fapalot and I head north for some good ol' brofun when the old creep from before strolls by and offers us lovely lads some pokemon he has in his briefcase. Now if it was candy, obviously this man would have been a dirty pedo, but pokemon in a briefcase? 100% safe.
Of course with Fapalot being the douche he is, he takes the opposing poke according to type of my own choice. #EnterPartner

Species: Turtwig
Name: Genbu
Info: Male - Lv. 5 - Jolly - Overgrow

-Rival Battle-
Lv.5

Vs.
Lv.5

Battle Log: Straight forward Tackle spam. Nothing much there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With our first battle out of the way, we do a little of this and a little of that. A little time is spent on 201, though a new poke can't be caught at this time, so I progress with my journey and head along to the next town over to meet back up with Rowan.

Sandgem Town

Upon arriving in Sandgem Town, we find ourself at Rowan's lab where he give us our pokedex and goes on about this adventure and whatnot. As an extra bonus, he hands out the TM for Return as we prepare to leave.

Of course before we can progress any further, I'm forced into heading home first to tell my mom. Sucks to not have the freedom to run off on a pokeman journey without telling mama first.

With that taken care of though, it's back to Sandgem town and Route 202 to get this whole catching a poke tutorial over with. Got them pokeballz now soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo #EnterNewPokes

-Captures-

Species: Starly
Name: Generic
Info: Female - Lv. 2 - Quiet - Keen Eye

Species: Shinx
Name: Fabulous
Info: Female - Lv. 4 - Sassy - Intimidate

Straight to Box:
- FML(Bidoof) - Male - Lv. 3 - Rash - Simple - Route 201
- Kush(Budew) - Female - Lv. 5 - Naughty - Poison Point - Route 204
- Ramsey(Zubat) - Male - Lv. 4 - Calm - Inner Focus - Ravaged Path

Route 203 (Abra) and Oreburgh Cave (Zubat before Ravaged Path) each were failed capture attempts.
Jubilife City

With all of those encounters dealt with, our newest destination is Jubilife City where we pick up a fancy Pokétch after tracking down some clowns. Of course there was the whole Looker meeting to, but ehhhhhh. After delivering a map to Fapalot at the local school, there's really nothing else to do in Jubilife at this point, so I head on out towards Route 203. #EnterEvent

-Rival Battle-
Lv.10
, Lv.7
, Lv.9

Vs.
Lv.7
, Lv.9

Battle Log: In the Starly mirror match, Generic had no problems at all, and shared exp from Chimchar with Fabulous. I believe in the end Generic and Fabulous each landed on Lv. 10.
-Episode Recap-
-Starter Recieved
-2 Team members added
-3 Extra mons caught
-2x Rival Battles
Lost Pokemon: 0
Last Area: Route 203
Next Time: Oreburgh Cave
-The Team-

Trainer: Fila
Badge Case: N/A
- Genbu(M) - Lv. 10
- Generic(F) - Lv. 11
- Fabulous(F) - Lv. 11

akaFila

butterscotch love

-The Team-

Badge Case: N/A
- Genbu(M) - Lv. 10
- Generic(F) - Lv. 11
- Fabulous(F) - Lv. 11

Episode 2: Galactic Nooblets
Kicking off the second episode of this nuzlocke, I head right on into, and through, Oreburgh Gate. Nothing really happens here to note outside of picking up HM06 - Rock Smash. As stated in Episode 1, I've already gotten my encounter for this area, and it was a failed attempt at catching a Zubat.
Oreburgh City

Once through this short cave/tunnel, find ourselves stepping into Oreburgh City. Upon entering the city, a nosey stranger escorts me to the Oreburgh Gym where whatdoyaknowtheleaderisn'ttherebutlookwhois I come across Fapalot standing at the door like a newbie. He explains how the gym is closed and the leader can be found down in the mines, so of course I find the need to fetch this mystery leader despite the possibility there's a thing called freedom and considering he owns and runs the gym, he can be there whenever he pleases.
Before that however, I head north for a quick encounter. May as well throw the remainder of the Ep.2 encounters in here as well. #EnterWildPokes

-Captures-

Species: Ponyta
Name: Katniss
Info: Female - Lv. 7 - Brave - Run Away

Species: Buizel
Name: Kawauso
Info: Male - Lv. 10 - Calm - Swift Swim

Oreburgh Mine was a failed attempt at capturing Geodude.

With that out of the way, off I went down into the mine. Again, an area with nothing special to take note on. A couple of trainers and wild encounters where used to help Katniss get a little bit of exp.
Before long, we come across a man who ups and decides to show me his superdupermanliness by breaking a rock. #EnterGymLeader

Name: Roark
Type: Rock
Position: Oreburgh City Gym Leader

After his show of manliness, Roark agrees to meet me back at the gym for a battle. #EnterFastForwardTravelToGym

While the two trainers are obviously optional, I take advantage of the gym's rock typing and play Ponyta tag out with Genbu to get both some free experience. Then comes the main event;

-Gym Battle-
Lv.12
, Lv.12
, Lv.11
, Lv. 10
Vs.
Lv.12
, Lv.12
, Lv.14
Battle Log: Leading with Katniss, I swap out into Genbu and KO Geodude with ease. From there I decided it was best to not play around with the whole switching idea in this situation, so Genbu stayed in and set up +2 Def via Withdraw on Roark's Onix, just to be safe, before KO'ing and healing with Absorb. Cranidos hit harder than I would have liked, but Roark used his potion on Onix beforehand and left Cranidos hanging for the knock out.
Earnings: Coal Badge -
, TM76 - Stealth Rock

With our first badge claimed, it's time to backtrack through Oreburgh Gate in order to head north from Jubilife City. When traveling through the northern section of the city though, we find Prof. Rowan and Dawn standing in the street with two Team Galactic grunts. #EnterEvilTeam
It's decided that my and Dawn will team up for a double battle here, being only grunts, there's no reason to get too detailed on this.
Battle Log: Katniss & Piplup = Fire & Water = Badass

After defeating the nubs, I'm free to continue on my way north. Walking up through Ravaged Path and Route 2 I find myself stumbling upon a lovely little place;

Floaroma Town

Small, fairly ordinary place without too much to do. A path heading north from town is currently blocked off by the nub patrol, Team Galactic, so it's east bound I go. This takes me out to Route 5, though I can't quite claim a capture yet.
A little girl stops us as we pass by to ask for help. Her father is currently being held hostage at the Windworks, and it looks like it's time for Fila Man to save the day! #EnterSuperHeroThemeMusic

Valley Windworks

After claiming my first encounter real quick, Buizel, I march up to the nubnub standing guard at the door and make quick work of him. Too bad this guy is smart and runs off inside to lock us out..
Not to fear though, after a simple walk back into town, it's clear to see the grunts block the northern path are gone. Heading that way, I find said grunts in the Floaroma Meadow, where I proceed to sweep the newbies and pick up the Works Key they so graciously dropped when they ran off.

-News Flash-

Species: Staravia
Name: Generic
Info: Female - Lv.14 - Quiet - Intimidate
News: Generic has evolved into Staravia.
Key in hand, it's back to Valley Windworks when I can now infiltrate the building and wreak havoc on the Galactic nubs there.
Battle Log: Grunt gets pwned and Grunt gets pwned. #EnterCommanderNub

Name: Commander Mars
Position: Team Galactic Commander

-Galactic Battle-
Lv.15
Lv.14
Lv.13
Lv.13
Lv.10
Vs.
Lv.12
Lv.17
Battle Log: For Zubat I simple tagged Kawauso out for joint experience and took it down with ease via Katniss. Purugly coming into play though, I first dropped Fabulous for the Intimidate drop and immediately changed out for Genbu. Sketchy situation was sketchy. That Purugly still had some bite to it despite the atk drop, but it was handled without a problem.

Having sent Team Galactic running, for now, I'll stop this here.

-Episode Recap-
- First Badge claimed
- Team Galactic introduced
- Rid Valley Windworks / Floaroma Town of Team Galactic
- 2 new encounters
- 1 team evolution
Last Area: Valley Windworks
Next Time: Route 205
-The Team-

Badge Case:

- Genbu(M) - Lv. 15
- Generic(F) - Lv. 14
- Fabulous(F) - Lv. 14
- Katniss(F) - Lv. 13
- Kawauso(M) - Lv. 11

I recently did a Randomizer Nuzlocke of Black. It didn't end well. I played by the basic rules (though I planned on permanently boxing my fallen comrades in a box labeled "Cemetery").
I had the choice between Archeops, Trapinch, and Teddiursa. I went with Archeops and named him Q (after the Aztec god Quetzalcoatl). He was pretty cool and started with an amazing starting moveset of Quick Attack, Leer, Wing Attack, and Rock Slide. I wiped out Bianca and Cheren and moved on to Route 1, where I encountered a Delcatty. Even my weakest attack (Quick Attack) took out 2/3 of Delcatty's HP, so I started throwing Poké Balls. Each one failed, so I had to knock it out.
I arrived in Accumula Town and faced N. This is where everything failed. He had a Hippowdon. Q would do approx. 1/3 of Hippo's HP every turn, so when it used Yawn with only about that much left, I was happy. Sadly, Q's last attack failed to do enough (it would have been perfect for catching) and he fell asleep, never to awaken again...

R.I.P. Q the Archeops (12 August 2014 - 12 August 2014)
You will be missed.

Well, it still went better than my first Nuzlocke where I lost the initial Rival Battle in White.

akaFila

butterscotch love

-Post Ep.2 Updates-

Species: Luxio
Name: Phabulous
Info: Female - Lv.15 - Sassy - Intimidate
News: Fabulous evolved into Luxio.
-The Team-

Badge Case:

- Genbu(M) - Lv. 16
- Generic(F) - Lv. 15
- Fabulous(F) - Lv. 15
- Katniss(F) - Lv. 14
- Kawauso(M) - Lv. 15
Episode 3: Pwnin' Noobs and Takin' Names
Last time we left off at Valley Windworks, ready to head north through Route 205. The encounter I believe was Shellos, but it found itself a little bit KO'ed. Ohnuuu.. As for the route itself, I made quick work of the trainers spotted throughout for a bit of grinding. A fancy house in the general location allows for healing up so that was lovely.

Eterna Forest

Reaching the end of the route, there's a path leading into Eterna Forest which takes you right on in and pooooooooof.. #EnterGreenHair

Name: Cheryl
Info: Kinky green hair girl to brave the spooky forest with<3

Partnered up with Cheryl whilst traveling through Eterna Forest was too lovely. Having her around to heal the team automatically is exactly the reason I wish she'd follow me around the remainder of the nuzlocke.. But alas, she leaves me as sooner as we find the exit. It's almost as if she used me.. Like I'm some sort of forest traveling tool..

After leaving the forest scene, it back out into a remaining sliver of Route 205. Nothing much here, except for while clearing the few trainers..

-News Flash-

Species: Grotle
Name: Genbu
Info: Male - Lv.18 - Jolly - Overgrow
News: Genbu evolved into Grotle.

Eterna City

Despite the heartbreak resulting from Cheryl's departure, I had to move on and move on I did. To Eterna City. Now there's plenty to get into here, but first off I decided to travel south. While I obviously couldn't hit the Cycle Road yet, I did find one of Prof. Rowan's aids standing at the gate. A brief little chat with him earned me an Exp Share.

Lovely grab there, but now it was time to get back up to the northern point of the city, bypassing the gym twice. Once up in the northside, running down the road comes lil' Fapalot. He wants to show me something coolio and takes me to the kinky statue in the northeastern point of the city. Upon arriving..
#EnterAntagonist

Name:
Cyrus
Position: Team Galactic Boss

Boring comments are made and both Cyrus and Fapalot are shortly on there way, leaving me to head back into town to finally get my gym batt..
#EnterChampion

Name: Cynthia
Position: Sinnoh Champion

As a gift for rudely interrupting such an amazing quest for gym badges, Cynthia gives us HM01-Cut after a few words and leaves. On to the gym~

Name: Gardenia
Type: Grass
Position: Eterna City Gym Leader

As I approach the gym, the leader is standing outside the door(Smoke Break? Weed?), but she heads inside after my pal Mr. Backofmyhand gives her a stern talking to.
Once in, there are three trainers to face, but I blow through them without a problem. Generic + Katniss = Eterna Gym Massacre

-Gym Battle-
Lv.18
Lv.17
Lv.18
Lv.18
Lv.18
Vs.
Lv.20
Lv.20
Lv.22
Battle Log: Not a difficult match at all. Generic went to work on Turtwig and Cherrim, and I played it safe and switched in the full HP'd Katniss for Roserade. Easy.
Earnings: Forest Badge -
& TM86 - Grass Knot

That done, it's time to kick some nubnub ***. Gotta love having FML the Bidoof available in the PC for Rock Smash and the newly obtained Cut. After a quick PC move, it's off to the Galactic Building on the north end of town.

On the end side we find Looker disguised as a Galactic scrub, but we can't blow his cover. #OffToPwn
Battle Log: LOL , LEL , Y u mad? , Bro u even lift?

Before long I found myself on the top floor where I find a man, some stolen pokes, and.. #EnterCommanderNub

Name: Commander Jupiter
Position: Team Galactic Commander

-Galactic Battle-
Lv.20
Lv.20
Lv.19
Lv.20
Lv.18
Vs.
Lv.21
Lv.23
Battle Log: Zubat went down remarkably easy to Katniss, but seeing she had Skuntank to send out next, I was a little sketched out. In order to feel safe going going about taking this thing down, I brought in Phabulous for the immediate Intimidate, and switched out for Generic that first turn out to get -2 Atk on the opponent. From there it was simply a matter of grinding it down and hoping they didn't crit.. #Success

After the battle, Team Galactic clears out and all is good. Making a quick stop at the bike shop, I found the owner was the man in the Galactic building. As thanks for my deeds, he gives me a bike; for freezy. Continuing on with free stuff, I also got my hands on a digging kit and a mystery egg from our new pal Cynthia. She wants me for my body obviously. #GonnaSquirtleDemJigglypuffs

I went ahead and cleared out Cycling Road and the next route (206).

-Encounters-
- Helga(Machop) - Female - Lv.14 - Lax - No Guard - Route 211
- PooPoo(Wurmple) - Male - Lv.10 - Hasty - Shield Dust - Eterna Forest
- Mario(Nosepass) - Male - Lv.18 - Jolly - Magnet Pull - Mt. Coronet
Route 6 and Wayward Cave were past attempts on Geodude and Onix. Wanted Gible..

-Episode Recap-
- 2nd Badge Obtained
- Galactic Building Cleared
- Cyrus, Cynthia, Jupiter
- 3 PC Additions
Last Area: Route 207
Next Time: Mt. Coronet
-The Team-

Badge Case:

- Genbu(M) - Lv. 25
- Generic(F) - Lv. 21
- Fabulous(F) - Lv. 21
- Katniss(F) - Lv. 21
- Kawauso(M) - Lv. 22

Welcome Pokemon trainers to my Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke Challenge! I was going to make it randomized but its not working :/ But i'll still go on!
Here are the rules I am following:

• The player may only capture the first Pokémon he or she encounters in an area.
  • If a Pokémon faints, it is considered "dead" and must be placed in a 'Dead' box
  • All Pokémon obtained by the player must be nicknamed.
  • No repeats: the player may capture the first Pokémon they encounter in an area which they do not already own
  • Switch mode: the player can switch out his or her Pokémon before the opponent sends in a new Pokémon
  • Shiny Pokémon: the player may capture any shiny Pokémon he or she encounters.
  • Blackout: If the player black/whiteouts, the Nuzlocke has ended and failed.
Ok lets get started! Update #1

So before I somehow is moving, Professor BIRCH wants to know my name and gender. Birch you dumbass, can't you tell either that I am a boy? Just kidding. So I am a boy named Jono moving into a town called Littleroot.

I am in a truck in with the furniture. I mean, can't I be at the front? I step out of this chilly truck and mummy tells that we are here :D My mum is forcing me to change the clock in my new room that dad bought so I'll change it :| I changed it to 7:09 (which is the time I am typing this). Mum just came upstairs and asked me 'Do you like your new room?'. I nod as she walks off and tells me to put all my stuff on the desk. Doing that right now.

OMFG! DAD IS ON TV!!! Nvm. I didn't see him :( Mum told me to say hi to our next tdoor neighbor (a.k.a Prof Birch ). So I head over to his house. When I walk in, Birch's wife says that they have a daughter upstairs (really?). So I go meet her. She talks then leaves... Meh. As I curiously walk towards a route, a little girl says that she wants to go over into the route to see whats going on. So I do it for her and go over...

LMFAO. HES RUNNING FROM A ZIGZAGOON! NNNNOOOOOOOB! (jks i would get rekt). He calls 'H-help!'. So i run over and he tells me to grab one of the Pokeballs inside his bag. Torchic, Treeko or Mudkip... EENIE MEENIE MINIE MO! CATCH A PIDGEY BY THE TOE! And the winner is...

TREECKO!

Here is an endless war of pound, growl and scratch. As my Treecko wins the fight, the Zigzagoon runs away and prof. birch rewards me with Treecko. I think im gonna name him Riley.

*saves game*

I went past route 101 and arrived at Oldale Town. I heal Riley up and start to rush thro ugh route 103...

2 encounters wasted cause I didn't have pokeballs. I also beat may and healed up at the pokemon center. I am going to stop now and show you my party.

Party:

Riley (Male Treecko) Lvl6
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Impish

Met at level 5
ROUTE 101

Stats:

HP: 22
Attack: 12
Defence: 11
Sp.Attack: 11
Sp.Defence: 11
Speed: 13

Moves:
-Pound
-Leer
-Absorb

Well thats all for now and follow me please :D

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hi there robotic jo! Looks like a nice challenge. We actually have a general discussion thread for Nuzlockes just like this one.

I'm going to move this thread into that one and merge them. Please ask if you need any help with Orange Islands or anywhere else on the forum.

Enjoy your time on Smogon!

Starting a HeartGold nuzlocke tonight. Will post team when I get to it.

Rules:
1. I may only catch the first Pokemon I see in an area.
2. If a Pokemon faints, it shall be permanently boxed.
3. I must nickname all my Pokemon.
4. Nickname theme: Real people names.
5. Shiny Clause is on. I can catch all shinies and use them as part of my team.
6. Dupes Clause is on. If I run into a Pokemon I have already obtained, I may catch a different Pokemon.
Only have one request for the rest of you: Wish me luck!

EDIT: Doing it on SoulSilver instead

Last edited:
Update 1: I have to listen to Professor Oak and his narnar for about 3 minutes, then I have to listen to my mom's narnar for an additional 1 minute. So annoying. When I get outside I run into a Marill. Of course it's my neighbor Lyra's. I walk over to the lab and see a red-haired boy peering into the lab. I try to talk to him and he pushes me away. How rude! I walk into the lab and listen to Elm's narnar for a minute and yell,"Give me my Pokemon already!" I pick a Cyndaquil and name it Brandon after my best friend. I walk out and Lyra's there, so I walk over and talk to her. She says,"Wow! You got a Cyndaquil! Wow!" She tells me to show it to my mom, so I do. When I'm entering route 29, Elm stops me and gives me his number. OK, not like I wanted it anyway..... I proceed through Route 29 and find various wild Pokemon. I defeat each one with Brandon. He levels up in the process. When I get to Cherrygrove City, an old guy guides me through town, and gives me running shoes. Finally I can run! Also, he gives me the Town Map. What a great guy! I run over to Mr. Pokemon's house as fast as I can, levelling up Brandon to level 7 as I go. Mr. Pokemon gives me an egg, and also, Professor Oak gives me the Pokedex. As I walked out the door, Professor Elm calls me to get back to his lab at once. I race back to Cherrygrove City where some guy challenges me to battle. I beat his Totodile with four Tackles. Brandon levels up to level 8. I run back to New Bark Town and rush into the lab. I tell the police dude,"The guy who stole the Pokemon was Alex!" Then I leave. I run along, feeling great. Lyra shows up and shows me how to catch a Pokemon. I try it for myself, and I run into a Pidgey! I catch it and name it Molly. I spend a long time just grinding it to level 10.

Team:
Molly(Pidgey) Lv. 10

Brandon(Cyndaquil) Lv. 10

Will post new updates.

Last edited:
Emerald Nuzlocke

Rules:
1. Pokemon faints it goes in "Memorial Box"
2. Can only catch first Pokemon that is encountered per route
3. Species and Species Evolution Clause in Effect
4. Only 2 non-held items can be used per battle
5. Pokemon Centers can only be visited 3 times per city
6. Poke-marts can only be visited 3 times per city
7. Game set to Set
8. All Pokemon must be nicknamed

- After a long and cramped ride in the back of a moving truck (DIFUS anyone) I finally reached my new home town of Littleroot, effectively raising its population by a good 100%
- After starting my Clock (haha, my internal battery is dead, time will forever stand at 09:31) I went down to see my deadbeat dad for one fleeting moment on the TV.
- At my mom's insistence, I go intrude on on the neighbor's and make new friends. (The mom wan'ts me ;) )
- Went to the north because some spirit compelled me to
- Found Prof Birch being attacked by... A Zigzagoon of all things. Honestly, a Zigzagoon? Why is that thing even attacking?
- Chose Torchic as my starter of choice and proceeded to destroy the terrifying Zigzagoon
- Returned to Prof Birch's lab and officially received the Torchic which I christened Clucknoris.
- Went north again to fight May, who I defeated after a brief battle of scratches and tackles.
- Returned to Prof. Birch, using one of my PC visits in Oldale Town.
- Got the Pokedex and Pokeballs from Prof. Birch
- Dawned a dapper pair of Running Shoes. Now I go places on the fly in style
- Ran through Route 101 and captured BiteO'Life the Poocheyena
- Ran north to Route 103 and captured Agullable the Wingull
- Purchased 10 Pokeballs and 4 Potions (and a bonus Premiere Ball)
- Left and went to Route 102 where I captured Lilith the Lotad
- After defeating the many weak trainers I made it to Petalburg City
- Saw my dad, who made me help Wally out, because you know, I am such and experienced trainer that I should be able to help with these things
- Wally, the lucky piece of shit, managed to catch a Ralts. I wish my Nuzlocke was coded like his
- Wally and I returned to the Gym, Wally left to a love of Luxury in Verdenturf, and I left the Gym to continue my quest to be the very best.
- Spoke to Scott and then saved the game.

Clucknoris the Torchic
Level 8
Nature: Mild
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Focus Energy
Opinion: As my starter, Clucknoris is clearly held as the leader of the team. As also the highest level Pokemon on the team it has a burden to bear to not let any of my lower level members faint. All in all, I have high hopes for Clucknoris

Agullable the Wingull
Level 6
Nature: Jolly (meh)
Moves: Growl, Water Gun
Opinion: While its nature is rather unfortunate, I have hopes for this gal. She will eventually gain some good STABS and coverage moves and have decent bulk. Overall I have hopes for her being a useful member of the team

Lilith the Lotad
Level 3
Nature: Serious
Moves: Astonish, Growl
Opinion: While Lotads are a pain to train, once they gain some strong STABs they become very powerful and that is my hope for Lilith. She is an investment and will hopefully one day pay off.

BiteO'Life the Poocheyena
Level 3
Nature: Sassy
Moves: Tackle
Opinion: Just a reserve Pokemon, these guys aren't very good.

I don't know if it's allowed to post this here, but my entire team in my Sapphire nuzlocke was just wiped out bij Archie and his stupid Sharpedo.
It was my first ever nuzlocke, so I'm quite in shock at the moment. :')
I was so horribly under leveled, and I feel terrible about it.

Decided to not pick up a new nuzlocke until ORAS come out here in Europe.
I might decide to start a new one in a couple of months, if I'll ever get over this trauma of losing an entire team...

Im going to post my rules here, so i won't have the chance to alter them ^^
Btw. Its on Pokemon Y

Rules:
1. If a Pokémon faint, it is considered death and must be released.

1.1. If the trainer blacks out, the challenge is lost and you must start over.

1.2. Shiny clause: Shiny Pokémon can be sent to another game by trade or Pokémon bank, or stored in a box permanently until the run is over.

2. You may only attempt to catch the first Pokémon encountered in a new area.

2.1. If the area is left without any encounter, you may not catch anything when you come back.

2.2. Species clause: A Pokémon already registered in the pokedex may not be caught, and does not count as the first encounter.

2.3. A shiny Pokémon can be caught at any time, but may only participate in the challenge if it was the first encounter.

2.4. Gift Pokémon can be used, if they were the first encounter in that area.

2.5. The starter Pokémon is determined from trainer id; the digit will have to match the last digit of any evolution of the Pokémon (4=Charmander 004 and 6=Froakie 656), if it does not match any, the choice is yours. The last digit of the id determines the Kalos starter and the first the Kanto.

3. Level cap: At no point a Pokémon’s level must exceed next gym leaders highest level Pokémon, outside of that battle, if it happens, that Pokémon may be boxed, as long as it have not participated in any battles at that level.

4. No items can be used from back in battle, held items are fine.

5. Battle mode must be ‘’set’’

6. Evolution clause: you may only evolve 2 pokemon for each gym badge you get.

Exceptions:

1. If a HM is needed for a certain area, and no Pokémon can learn it, a HM slave can be caught, but may not participate in battles and must be released as soon as possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)