SM OU The Omari P Conclusion - Peaked #1 on Ladder & Ban Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
Alright so we come to the conclusion of my ladder heroness, as I finally got to #1 on the ladder at the cost of dignity, I used a dumbass stupid and broken mon tapu koko. I still hate that trash of a mon and really only use it to get my ass out of a pinch bc im very fast or as a tapu koko switch in/ sack. Anyway here's my team

link - http://pokepast.es/05664e45e23c7947

Sadly I got rid of mew bc it didnt fit on this team how I wanted but I settled for one my main flagship mons and sets: Hoopa. Now it's not nasty plot but ehhhhhhhhh Whatever calm mind wins more games tbh. The bulk is very nice. As I stated before in my previous rmt, the point here is to either completely counter and shit on teams with chansey (avoid the toxic) or toxapex, but to break down the other teams offensive pressure by subbing, getting a hp boost and then stealing their item. It's extremely satisfying stealing a lando -t's scarf then okoing back. U also 6-0 most stall teams ( do not get statused). It's fire. Fun fact +1 will oko non vested tar.

Omari P (Hoopa) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Magician
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind/Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Focus Blast

With my next stallbreaker and actually part of the core trio we have assault vested tini. This gives u a free switchin to tapu lele at most times, the ability to switch up moves and bluff scarf. The insane ability to glaciate the incoming scarf landos - do like 75%, and then outspeed, and with sun support be able to take a specs ash gren hydro ( you live dark pulse already). you also take keldeos hydros pretty easily although specs will do like 80-90%. The best part is that both zard y and koko give you support so you can prosper. Oh thank you based god. Power up punch will allow you to steamroll some stall teams or set up on heatran.

Victini @ Assault Vest
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Power-Up Punch
- Glaciate

This is my emergency check, koko resist, and stealth rocker. Many people who use tapu koko are ass and will be afraid of the nidoking direct switch when u have zard y out so its presence is very intimidating. Good to have in the background. Personally I dont like having sludge wave bc ppl barely give u a chance to use it. But tbolt is v v nice.

Nidoking @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Sir sun dragon himself we have zard y. Now with the rise of dumbass mons like toxapex its usage has gone down and ppl have lopsided skilless trash teams that just rely on mage, ash gren and pex to carry them to high ladder. This provides an opportunity. B/c this has sun support you can bravely take on ash grens or specs regular grens b/c they will not oko you (ash gren can in sun but not likely), Not only that having sun support gives mandibuzz the ability to wall the absolute fuck out of ash greninja or if they ice beam - victini. It's a great mon to have on the field. If you feel that pex or chansey is coming in: go to hoopa and ur fucking set. This provides great team support and can nab okoes oni t's on. It takes this team to new heights

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Ancient Power
- Earthquake

gonna skip over this b/c its sir hard body. too many teams have lost to this. way too many

Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 212 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog

LOL now the final person himself, the electric switch in which okos many mosn with wild charge nad comes in and okos +1 speed volc. sir broken bird himself, tapu koko. Im going to be frank, I hate this mon. Its stupud, skilless and too powerful, I really just use to annoy or kill other tapu kokos or outspeed a +1/+2 mon. Dumb as hell. The last 2 moves dont even matter. Idc what you put. I put hp ice and iron head but it doesnt matter at all. you will really only use these 2 moves. Fuck this stupid mon but its good on the team.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird

Now, I know I sound hateful, and that's b/c I am . Ou is a joke right now and topping the ladder was kind of easy since a lot of people have just gotten bad b/c theres not that much skill involved. With mons like the tapus, magearna, greninja, and toxpex you dont need any skill. It's such bullshit. Lets make ou great again! #MOUGA

some ppl said proof of peak and while ididnt screenshot shit ill do it rn since ive been playing today i think im like 9 or 10
Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 9.41.12 PM.jpg

Last edited:

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hey really cool team, I've hit this team or some variant a few times just messing around on the ladder, and it's always one of the more fun games I play when laddering (also always fun to see this appear on heatah fajhita vids taking down a ctc god squad). The teams you make usually come out like the work of a mad genius, and I've learned to simply not question the process after looking at a few of your old RMTs. Wont try to really change anything since it's put together so oddly, and we both know even if I had a mon change that would more than likely standardize the team it'd be ignored (don't worry I don't even have a "throw lando on it" sort of comment in mind). With that in mind there is something I'd like to "suggest" but it's pretty minor.

One thing I wanted to suggest was U-Turn over Iron Head on the Tapu Koko. I can see how you'd end up not using the last 2 slots, I just feel the momentum you can grab in U-turn could be really nice. As you said the last 2 slots aren't of huge importance, I just feel U-turn offers a little more than Iron Head. This is more for people who are first experiencing an Omari P team in this thread, than for your personal use sadly - make the team a bit easier for them to use since U-turn is fairly user friendly.

Outside of that I don't want to really make any suggestions since I feel this is the sort of thing that can't have anything change without huge issues appearing in other areas. Also it takes a lot of time and experience to really get good at using/being able to understand this sort of team, and I haven't taken that time so a little out of my element. Once again congrats on the team, keep making the ladder interesting.

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
Hey really cool team, I've hit this team or some variant a few times just messing around on the ladder, and it's always one of the more fun games I play when laddering (also always fun to see this appear on heatah fajhita vids taking down a ctc god squad). The teams you make usually come out like the work of a mad genius, and I've learned to simply not question the process after looking at a few of your old RMTs. Wont try to really change anything since it's put together so oddly, and we both know even if I had a mon change that would more than likely standardize the team it'd be ignored (don't worry I don't even have a "throw lando on it" sort of comment in mind). With that in mind there is something I'd like to "suggest" but it's pretty minor.

One thing I wanted to suggest was U-Turn over Iron Head on the Tapu Koko. I can see how you'd end up not using the last 2 slots, I just feel the momentum you can grab in U-turn could be really nice. As you said the last 2 slots aren't of huge importance, I just feel U-turn offers a little more than Iron Head. This is more for people who are first experiencing an Omari P team in this thread, than for your personal use sadly - make the team a bit easier for them to use since U-turn is fairly user friendly.

Outside of that I don't want to really make any suggestions since I feel this is the sort of thing that can't have anything change without huge issues appearing in other areas. Also it takes a lot of time and experience to really get good at using/being able to understand this sort of team, and I haven't taken that time so a little out of my element. Once again congrats on the team, keep making the ladder interesting.
I strongly agree to this, uturn definitely adds a lot more to it. I used hp ice like twice out of 30 games (which is funny bc you o like 60% to scarf lando and then ko bc you outspeed) but I never once have used iron head; like not even once. Thanks man! :)

Last edited:
Hello,

This thread has turned into a breeding ground for one liners and unrelated posts, as such I will be locking it for the meantime. If you would like to post a rate for this team, feel free to pm me and I'll unlock the thread to allow you to do so. In the future If this thread does get reopened, I would advise to think before you post, as I wont be so lenient next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)