The Smogon Classic II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

Thanks again to MiniArchitect for the logo!
Aloha! Welcome to the SECOND Smogon Classic. This tournament celebrates Smogon's and Pokemon's history throughout the years. Players will compete in separate tournaments for the RBY, GSC, ADV, DPP, and BW generations, culminating in a finals where players must play all generations with this amazing trophy on the line:

The format consists of five separate tournaments: The BW Cup, The DPP Cup, The ADV Cup, The GSC Cup, and The RBY Cup. Each tournament is single elimination, best of three. Depending on your performance in a Cup, you will be awarded points. The point system is the same as the one used in Smogon Tour (see this for further explanation). When all the Cups have been finished, the twelve players with the most points will advance to the play-offs. There they will battle in a best of five series until there is one undisputed Smogon Classic champion.

Signups for each Cup will be posted a week after the signups for the previous Cup. The hosts are allowed to play in the tournament that they are administering, as long as they elect someone else to create pairings. Here is the list of the five Cups with the names of the hosts and the dates each will be posted:
  • The BW Cup - Hosted by Jirachee - March 28th
  • The DPP Cup - Hosted by Sapientia - April 4th
  • The ADV Cup - Hosted by BKC - April 4th
  • The GSC Cup - Host Malekith - April 11th
  • The RBY Cup - Hosted by Lutra - April 11th
If there are any questions, post in this thread and I will answer them as well as I can. Do not use this thread as a venue to complain about the format.

The tournaments will be format-locked at the time of posting of this thread. This means that should any past-gen tiering evaluations happen during the process of this tournament, the tiers themselves will not change during the scope of this tournament.

You'll notice we're keeping to a much tighter schedule this year in order to try and prevent tournaments from running on for too long throughout the year (you'll also see this with the next iteration of Grand Slam). This means signups for each Cup will only last 4 days, so be sure to remember when sign up dates are! As well, each Round will last about 8 days, so be ready to get your matches completed quickly!

I will update this thread with the link to the standings, as well as with the host for the GSC Cup once I have found a suitable candidate. If anyone is interested in keeping points updated, which we are very willing to hand out a pretty badge for, please let me know ASAP.

Hype!

standings

Last edited by a moderator:

HANTSUKI

satan saves xmas
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RUPL Champion
I can host GSC

(and I'll ban HP legends if I do mwahahahahaha)

EDIT- also you can remove Keldeo and Heatran from the banner and you'll still have all 5 old gens in there oo

Last edited:

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Big thanks to Malekith for stepping up to the plate to host GSC Cup, and thank you everyone that offered (haha)

And Big Big Thanks to BKC and Sapientia for stepping up to do points on top of hosting. It'll be up to them if they accept any other help with keeping it updated, points are one of those things where less hands on the spreadsheet is better sometimes tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)