ORAS LC The Super Five (Plus One) (Still wanting rates, plz :) )

Welcome to my latest Rate My Team! It's the start of the month, so I've got some New Month Resolutions I'm keeping to not breaking for a few hours. They are:

1. Not to name my team "The Super Six". I think "The Super Five Plus One" has a ring to it (note to self: may need to change name to SuperFivePlusOneFighters).
2. To use some new Pokemon I haven't used before in a meta I haven't played to death.
3. Not reference Mantine in a whole RMT.

At least one of them is relevant.

Onto the Man-team (it isn't a reference, it's a bad pun).

BTW Here's a preview cause Wynaut (not a Mantine pun).

Drifloon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond

Well, I can't use Mantyke, soo this is my flier of choice. On this set, the Berry Juice isn't just the tasty snack slash healing item of choice-it's an immense burden, which, when lifted (it's about Man-time as well), allows everyone's favourite evil but cute balloon to sweep with its new immense speed stat. The mixed STABs could show people's mixed opinions on this Mon (or simply help it attack, of course), while Will-o-Wisp is for burning stuff which prey on Mr Drifty's, as I've called him, mediocre defence. Destiny Bond is Mr Drifty's last-ditch attempt to get some love as he bonds with the opposition (I immensely like you anyway my cute balloon), taking them down effectively with its immense speed. Drifty's only problem is its reliance on its burden being lifted as it needs the boost to its speed and to Acrobatics.

Inkay @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut
- Switcheroo

Inkay then, this is the next Mon. His Superpower is Contrary Superpower, which is fast, due to the slick scarf he wears, and gets stronger and stronger and stronger (and stronger) as he continues to attack. Don't forget it's STABs, though, as they can easily STAB you in the back (Knock Off really cripples the opposition and Psycho cut is there if you're psycho enough to switch in something it KOs). Finally, if it's too hot for a scarf, you can dump it on the opposition and save yourself the air conditioning with Switcheroo. All in a day's work for our not-water-type squid.

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 200 SpA / 116 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sludge Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The powerhouse weed of the year, this gooey plant is strong due to its Adaptability. Sludge Wave and Hydro Pump are the most powerful STABs, whilst Scald is consistent and great for those who like it hot. If you feel even hotter, HP Fire burns through pesky metal which can't be poisoned (Maannn-tine, that's good!). If you end up seeing this Skrelp, its ability-boosted STABs will make you cry for help! Lots of special attack plus strong skill plus strong attacks equals death, especially from a bulky Mon like this.

Snubbull @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell

Proving Fairy types can actually be cute, Snubbull is an ace attacker, status spreader and cleric. On top of that, it's majesty has the additional effect of lowering the opposition's attack. If you don't want to play nice, its STAB Play Rough is devastating. If seeing such an amazing Pokemon makes you want to quake, rattle and roll, everyone's favourite coverage option can soon see to that, stopping those pesky Steel, Fire and Poison types in their tracks. Heal Bell's there for if the team is statused too! Finally, Thunder Wave is a great option before Snubbull attacks or waves goodbye. Not bad for a cute, fragile fairy.

Anorith @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

The hazard setter, remover, fighting-type lure and everything in between, Anorith is one cool bug-thing. People think it looks Demanta-d, but who cares when it can set, spin and blast (or maybe Knock off if a pesky ghost arrives). This Mon's Stealth Rocks really rock-they're cool hazards which weaken annoying mons like Fletchling and force many teams with creatures like Volcarona to waste a turn removing hazards-potentially removing mine too with Defog and sparing me a Rapid Spin. Assorted coverage lets me damage or de-item the opposition too!

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Recycle

The final Mon, Maggy here is a great sticky-glue-thing that holds the team together. No more Fletching problems and stuff like that! Sturdy-Juice is great, as Magnemite will almost always have to take three or more hits to kill-and even more once you factor in Recycle! The STABs play off its massive special attack and make it a dangerous foe to face. Despite this team having no U-turners, this Magnemite's Volt Switch is still really dangerous and allows it to act as a slow pivot for the team. The final stuff, in this case the others STABs Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon, are extremely powerful but struggle against resisted mons like Chinchou. A Modest nature amplifies its damage output, however, and it is still a force to be reckoned with. (Yay!!!)

Drifloon @ Berry Juice
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond

Inkay @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut
- Switcheroo

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 200 SpA / 116 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sludge Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Snubbull @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell

Anorith @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Recycle

I don't have a clue. Setup sweepers tend to be a pain if they set up, but I haven't really met much that destroys my team yet (or I've forgotten ;) ).

Thanks for reading! I don't know how to end this so I'll do it with a poem ;).

Budews are red/purple (at the top),
And Mantykes are Blue,
But I won't let pop,
My white-haired Drifloon.

(Encore! Encore! Yay!!! Poetry genius!!!)

The End (of the RMT).

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for the delay!

Looking at your team, I struggle to understand some of your choices, namely why Inkay or Anorith are present and why some of your sets are so seemly counterproductive or non-synergistic. Additionally, you have several pokemon which are complete Pawniard bait (Choice-locked Inkay, Drifloon, Berry Juice Magnemite) without any counter to these.

My first change would be to your Drifloon set, as this can perform much better for your team if you switch to the standard stall-y set. The set allows for you to weaken Pawniard, Vullaby, and most Rock-types for your team whom you really lack answers to. Moreover, the set allows for your team to have answers to Foongus and Snivy. Instead of sacrificing Drifloon with Destiny Bond, often times you just slowly stall out pokemon with burn damage while keeping Drifloon healthy; this allows for a more complete team.

Drifloon @ Berry Juice
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 84 Def / 84 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Recycle
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
You can read more here about Drifloon’s set specifically: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/drifloon/

Next, you should probably remove Inkay for a viable Pawniard counter. While this does ruin your speed control, Stone Edge Mienfoo > Choice Scarf Inaky is important for your team as it obliterates Larvesta and gives viable countermeasures against Ponyta. This also allows for Mienfoo to 1v1 Dwebble and only allowing for 1 layer of hazards up. The change does also mean that you lost a set in stone win condition, however the edit to Drifloon’s set makes up for this.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

At this point the team is extremely Electric weak; Magnemite is your check all to so many pokemon that Endure > Thunderbolt allows for Magnemite to have more resilience and function as a counter to Smashers plus Abra and Fletchling even if this is all in a single game. However this still means your team is weak to Electric-types, meaning that Chinchou > Skrelp is a viable option. This notably would also add a reliable option against Drifloon and free up the Heal Bell slot on Snubbull for Thief while not really increasing how weak your team is to Diglett simply because Skrelp is also extremely Diglett bait and Endure Magnemite can catch Diglett by surprise. Additionally, you will get more mileage out of a Snubbull spread of 36 HP / 116 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe with an Adamant nature as this hits just as hard versus every important pokemon while greatly increasing Snubbull's bulk (it can no longer be trapped!). Unfortunately, Snubbull is now 10 speed but this does not matter too much as it still beats Timburr 1v1.

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 80 HP / 216 Def / 148 SpA / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Heal Bell
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Snubbull @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Thief

Recap because this is a decent amount:
's set is changed to a standard set.
is switched to
to counter Pawniard and give more bulk for the team.
is switched to
to counter Electrics and Waters while helping against Ponyta. The loss of a powerhouse is made up by status and additional Knock off + Thief which soften teams. This also more reliably weakens Drifloon counters for more synergy.
switches Heal Bell for Thief. Snubbull is harder to switch into and bulkier now.

Sorry for the delay!

Looking at your team, I struggle to understand some of your choices, namely why Inkay or Anorith are present and why some of your sets are so seemly counterproductive or non-synergistic. Additionally, you have several pokemon which are complete Pawniard bait (Choice-locked Inkay, Drifloon, Berry Juice Magnemite) without any counter to these.

My first change would be to your Drifloon set, as this can perform much better for your team if you switch to the standard stall-y set. The set allows for you to weaken Pawniard, Vullaby, and most Rock-types for your team whom you really lack answers to. Moreover, the set allows for your team to have answers to Foongus and Snivy. Instead of sacrificing Drifloon with Destiny Bond, often times you just slowly stall out pokemon with burn damage while keeping Drifloon healthy; this allows for a more complete team.

Drifloon @ Berry Juice
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 84 Def / 84 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Recycle
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
You can read more here about Drifloon’s set specifically: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/drifloon/

Next, you should probably remove Inkay for a viable Pawniard counter. While this does ruin your speed control, Stone Edge Mienfoo > Choice Scarf Inaky is important for your team as it obliterates Larvesta and gives viable countermeasures against Ponyta. This also allows for Mienfoo to 1v1 Dwebble and only allowing for 1 layer of hazards up. The change does also mean that you lost a set in stone win condition, however the edit to Drifloon’s set makes up for this.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

At this point the team is extremely Electric weak; Magnemite is your check all to so many pokemon that Endure > Thunderbolt allows for Magnemite to have more resilience and function as a counter to Smashers plus Abra and Fletchling even if this is all in a single game. However this still means your team is weak to Electric-types, meaning that Chinchou > Skrelp is a viable option. This notably would also add a reliable option against Drifloon and free up the Heal Bell slot on Snubbull for Thief while not really increasing how weak your team is to Diglett simply because Skrelp is also extremely Diglett bait and Endure Magnemite can catch Diglett by surprise. Additionally, you will get more mileage out of a Snubbull spread of 36 HP / 116 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe with an Adamant nature as this hits just as hard versus every important pokemon while greatly increasing Snubbull's bulk (it can no longer be trapped!). Unfortunately, Snubbull is now 10 speed but this does not matter too much as it still beats Timburr 1v1.

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 80 HP / 216 Def / 148 SpA / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Heal Bell
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Snubbull @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Thief

Recap because this is a decent amount:
's set is changed to a standard set.
is switched to
to counter Pawniard and give more bulk for the team.
is switched to
to counter Electrics and Waters while helping against Ponyta. The loss of a powerhouse is made up by status and additional Knock off + Thief which soften teams. This also more reliably weakens Drifloon counters for more synergy.
switches Heal Bell for Thief. Snubbull is harder to switch into and bulkier now.
Thanks a lot for the rate! It looks ace :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)