ORAS UU The Sylveon with No Ribbons

Have some music

Art by ZygardeChronicles (Me)

(^Me going into competitive Pokémon^)​
Welcome to my 2nd RMT. My favorite tier is no doubt UU due to the amount of amazing Pokémon in the tier like Sylveon, Hydreigon, Lucario, Mega Aerodactyl and Zygarde Suicune to name just a few. I did do some testing and it's a very fun team to play with.

TEAMBULDING PROCESS​

I knew I wanted to build a team using Hydreigon, so I went to my favorite tier where Hydreigon currently resides, UU.
->

I always use Sylveon on my UU teams because she's fantastic, so I added her in next.

->

I really always wanted to use Metagross because very recently I completed a Tri-Pokémon run on Black 2 using Serperior, Metagross and Virizion.
->

I needed a defogger so I used my go to choice for a defogger in UU.
->

I wanted to use Nidoqueen because I love her as an attacker and wanted a Sheer Force Pokémon.
->

I needed a powerful final Pokémon for the team so I chose Mega Aerodactyl.

Hyper (Hydreigon) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
I wanted to build a team around Hydreigon, so I started with him. Hydreigon is pretty obviously using a Stallbreaker set and I chose the Stallbreaker set because I didn't want to have problems with stall and set up Pokémon. Hydreigon is able to destroy many Pokémon with Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse and then heal off the Life Orb damage with Roost. Hydreigon is also an amazing Pokémon because he has a usable Attack stat, meaning you can suggest a mixed Hydreigon set.

Sylver (Sylveon) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
Don't say anything about this set just yet. I have tried this set in OU and UU and it works very well. HP Fire is amazing, but HP Ground has more coverage. It hits Pokémon like Nidoking/Nidoqueen, Metagross, Lucario, Entei and Arcanine Super Effectively. I invest entirely in Defense so Sylveon can a few physical hits and throw back powerful Hyper Voices. Specs is pretty obvious and Bold is the only nature for this set. This is a very reliable set so I will not change it.

Steven (Metagross) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
Metagross is a pretty good Pokémon in UU. It has an amazing attack stat that, with an Adamant nature, can reach barely over 400. It also has a pretty good defense stat. It can also set rocks on a switch or even predict a switch and hit really hard. Metagross with its high stats can easily hit hard and take hits, despite it's poor speed. Metagross definitely not ban worthy however, but still pretty good on this team.

Emperor (Empoleon) (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Flash Cannon
- Defog
My defogger. He's pretty strong being able to burn with Scald, hit Hydreigon with a powerful Ice Beam and hit Mega Aerodactyl with Flash Cannon if it is able to live any hits. Whenever I build a UU team, I always resort to Empoleon for Defogging because of it's coverage and resistance to Stealth Rocks. He can switch in and tank an Earthquake and hit Pokémon like Hydreigon, Mega Aerodactyl and Celebi Super Effectively with Ice Beam ad cripple Physical Attackers with Scald.

Queen (Nidoqueen) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave
I wanted another offensive Pokémon on my team, so I chose the semi-bulky Sheer Force using rhino Nidoqueen. I like to use Sheer Force Pokémon because they're quite powerful. Nidoqueen is no exception because of her amazing Special move pool and usable Special stat. She can hit Steel types with Earth Power and Sylveon and Florges with Sludge Wave and use Ice Beam to hit Hydreigon, Mega Aerodactyl and Celebi, again.

Aero (Aerodactyl) (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Aqua Tail
If you look at my UU teams, most of them have Sylveon Mega Aerodactyl in them, and it's pretty obvious why! Mega Aerodactyl is very overpowered, with access to Hone Claws, Stone Edge and Wing Attack in combination with a blazing Speed stat, a massive Attack stat and Tough Claws as his ability. Mega Aerodactyl has caused sweeps and forfeits due to his amazing power. Move aside Mega Beedrill, Mega Aerodactyl is swooping in!

REPLAYS:

Hyper (Hydreigon) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse

Sylver (Sylveon) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
Bold Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Steven (Metagross) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Emperor (Empoleon) (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Flash Cannon
- Defog

Queen (Nidoqueen) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave

Aero (Aerodactyl) (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Aqua Tail

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey there ShiningSylveon you have a really nice looking team, but there are some overlapping roles between each Pokemon that can be easily fixed. That being said, let's get to the rate!
  • First off, I noticed that the team itself is pretty slow outside of Mega Aerodactyl, leaving this team susceptible to faster offensive teams that can overwhelm it despite the bulk this team carries. Choice Scarf Hydreigon > current set helps to mitigate this issue and give the team a nice cleaner that appreciates the sheer power that it offers up. Furthermore, this gives your team the ability to pivot a lot easier thanks to a fast U-turn, bringing in Nidoqueen, Sylveon, or Mega Aerodactyl in with ease.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
  • Next, with you losing your stallbreaker with my previous change, this team now has a hard time against common stall builds. Conkeldurr > Metagross helps solve this problem by giving you a solid win condition and status absorber for bulkier teams that Mega Aerodactyl, your current win condition, would have a hard time breaking. On top of that, Metagross isn't necessary as you have a Stealth Rock user in Nidoqueen and a Steel-type in Empoleon and it doesn't lure Ground-types with Shuca Berry as well as Empoleon does due to Empoleon having a Water STAB to threaten them effectively.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
  • Speaking of Empoleon, I feel like there are some minor changes that can be done to optimize it (and some other team members). For Empoleon, going with 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe > current EVs is better to give Empoleon overall bulk while also giving it the ability to outspeed Relaxed Mega Swampert and Chesnaught. Next, going with Baton Pass > Hidden Power Ground on Sylveon gives it the ability to pivot with ease and form a pseudo VoltTurn core with Hydreigon, giving this team a great amount of momentum. Lastly, while not necessary, some cool tech options can be used on Nidoqueen and Mega Aerodactyl. For Nidoqueen, Fire Blast or Thunderbolt > Ice Beam allows Nidoqueen to nail Steel-types that are neutral or immune to its Ground STAB such as Escavalier and Bronzong; however, Thunderbolt disposes of Water-types such as Gyarados and Suicune a lot easier. For Mega Aerodactyl, running Earthquake > Aqua Tail gives it an option to hit Steel-types that would otherwise wall it; however, Aqua Tail is still nice to hit "bulky" Ground-types such as Krookodile and Mamoswine. Whether you decide to go with Earthquake or not, I would suggest shifting 40 Attack EVs into Defense to allow Mega Aerodactyl to live an Ice Shard from Jolly Mamoswine after one Stealth Rock switch-in.

252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD ---> 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe

Hidden Power Ground ---> Baton Pass

Ice Beam ---> Fire Blast or Thunderbolt

252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe ---> 216 Atk / 40 Def / 252 Spe
Aqua Tail ---> Earthquake

Hopefully my changes help you and good luck with the team! n_n

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)