3. Honchkrow
4. Porygon-Z
5. Cofagrigus
6. Nidoqueen
7. Venomoth
8. Slowking
9. Sharpedo
10. Entei

note: i thought was a really good thread, thanks hakudude :)

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Cresselia
Yanmega
Honchkrow
Cofagrigus
Nidoqueen
Slowking
Venomoth
Alakazam
Sharpedo
Entei

HSA

INTellectual gamer
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
1. Sharpedo
2. Cofagrigus
3. Honchkrow
4. Porygon-Z
5. Entei
6. Nidoqueen
7. Venomoth
8. Slowking
9. Cresselia
10. Yanmega

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cresselia
Yanmega
Cofagrigus
Honchkrow
Nidoqueen
Slowking
Alakazam
Venomoth
Entei
Sharpedo

Had to do a lot of research for this one since many of these threats were around before I came to RU (Yanmega, Sharpedo, Porygon-Z, Alakazam, Venomoth, Cresselia, and Sableye to name the ones that I had 0 experience with using or dealing with) Through my research, I noticed that Cresselia seemed to dominate in each stint she had in RU. (and as Molk said, she got suspected and banned 3 times in BW2 RU alone. Probably would've been 4 had usage not taken her up to UU back in BW RU) All that said, I tried my best to have an open mind with everything and to not show bias towards the threats I had experience with.

-Cresselia
-Yanmega
-Sharpedo
-Cofagrigus
-Nidoqueen
-Honchkrow
-Venomoth
-Alakazam
-Sableye

Some were RU for a bit time only like Alakazam or Sableye but i'm adding them because the big potential.

Hakumen

Hot grill
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
After some discussion on IRC yesterday, I decided to add the following Pokemons as nominees:
-Uxie
- Tangrowth
- Lilligant
- Gallade

So, you're free to make another nomination. Nominees are now :
- Slowking
- Porygon-Z
- Nidoqueen
- Cresselia
- Yanmega
- Venomoth
- Entei
- Cofragrigus
- Honchkrow
- Sableye
- Sharpedo
- Alakazam
- Sceptile
- Druddigon
- Uxie
- Tangrowth
- Lilligant
- Gallade

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
First reply in new forums! So pumped.

-Cresselia
-Nidoqueen
-Cofagrigus
-Yanmega
-Venomoth
-Honchkrow
-Sharpedo
-Alakazam
-Slowking
-Uxie

I too haven't had a large amount of experience with some of the older mons (I started playing competitively in RU just before Cresselia was banned for the last time (I've played with all of them in UU/OU though)). I tried to include the threats that I feel shaped the current meta game and imo Cresselia/Queen were the mons that really influenced the shape of the meta, seeing as a lot of mons still run the speed EVs to outrun max speed, neutral nature, base 76's (Nidoqueen). Cresselia caused certain things to have a lot more merit in RU than they really should have (Scyther, Absol, Crawdaunt, etc.), these are all decent mons, but Cress gave them an important role in this meta that lasted even after she left the tier. Cresselia and Nidoqueen definitely deserve a spot in the top 3 of this list as they were the two mons that gave the greatest influence on the final BW/BW2 meta.

Cresselia, Yanmega, Honchkrow, Porygon-Z, Slowking, Cofagrigus, Entei, Sharpedo, Nidoqueen, Sceptile

Plz dont hurt me for not including Venomoth ;_; I just thought that Yanmega required a similar preparation and QuiverPass was better than Venomoth itself, but the fact moth doesn't completely suck without Quiver Dance helped. Sleep has also always been a big deal and still is, and people have only started REALLY preparing for it a while ago (after Lilli got suspected, possibly later)

Mack the Knife

Goodbye Smogon! I may return, I may not!
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Venomoth, Slowking, Cresselia, Yanmega, Sharpedo, Porygon-Z, Nidoqueen, Alakazam, Cofagrigus, and Sableye no particualr order

Edit: Changed Sceptile to Alakazam

ss234

bop.
Cresselia, yanmega, venomoth, nidoqueen, honchkrow, porygon-z, slowking, sableye, alakazam, sharpedo

Hakumen

Hot grill
So the top 10 titanx will be:

- Cresselia (16 votes)
- Nidoqueen (16 votes)
- Yanmega (16 votes)
- Cofagrigus (15 votes)
- Hounchkrow (15 votes)
- Sharpedo (15 votes)
- Venomoth (14 votes)
- Slowking (14 votes)
- Porygon-Z (10 votes)
- Alakazam ( 10 votes)

The voting for the first, second, third etc... is most likely to be done in spetember, one month before X and Y arrival but I may change this date.

Hakumen

Hot grill
Voting for #1 spot
Aright, the voting phase has finally started. Firstly, we will vote for the #1. Obviously, this is really important as we will vote for the Pokemon that has been deemed the most influential and has had the largest impact of any Pokemon in the entire RU tier so choose well. If you vote, give a short description about your vote as it is important. The voting will always last 2 days, as I feel that it is enough time to vote. Happy voting.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cressalia

Imo the most broken Pokemon RU has ever seen...3 times! Practically unkillable, capable of sweeping, excelletn team support, completely centralised the metagame around its presence. Definite #1 for me.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nidoqueen

Nidoqueen had a tremendous impact on the tier, that still affects the tier to this day. It was responsible for the rise of stuff like Uxie and Cryogonal, and the fall of full stall in RU.

Edit: my 300th post oO

Last edited:

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Cresselia

Cresselia
was easily the most centralizing and powerful Pokemon to ever enter RU imo, it was nearly impossible to KO via normal means, and forced people to run very specific Pokemon/sets to get past her (some of which weren't even 100% lol). If you didn't run these threats, you couldn't beat Cresselia, simply put. Cresselia spent quite some time in RU too, getting retested multiple times, making her effect on the metagame even more powerful compared to some other banned titans.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cresselia

Cresselia is the single biggest threat to ever come to RU. It got tested and banned not once, not twice, but three times! Every time, it was the same problem. Cress was a nigh unkillable wall that provided ample team support at a very low cost. It could sweep, it could wall, it could support. The first and third tests were really defining imo as they featured premier Bug-types like Yanmega, Escavalier, and Venomoth, but Cress was still a premier threat in spite of this. Definite #1 imo.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cresselia

Cresselia was probably the most impacting and dangerous Pokemon to ever enter RU. It was here in the inception of BW RU, the round after Krookodile left the tier, and in for a retest in late 2012. Every time, it was broken as hell and ridiculous. Its insane bulk means that one does not simply OHKO Cresselia; and its reliable recovery and immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes only sweetened the deal. You had to run really powerful Pokemon that could hit Cresselia super effectively; and even then, Cresselia could pair itself up with teammates like Poliwrath and handle them without a problem. What also made it powerful was that it could support its team well; it could set up Dual Screens and use them too to become completely impossible to kill, or use Sunny Day to help sun teams and a buffed Moonlight too. Cresselia was a really powerful Pokemon in the tier, and was here long enough to make it an easy candidate for #1 imo.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yanmega

Yanmega was stupid. It was bulky enough to tank priority, you could ohko most things and 2hko everything except munchlax with specs, ohko some things/2hko most things and outrun everything with speed boost... Cresselia was centralizing but at least it had answers (Scolipede, Durant, Escavalier, Toxic Slowking, CM Slowking, Toxic in general, dark types for sets without coverage), while Yanmega was getting a kill or two and there wasn't anything you could do about it. This is mostly a 1A to Cresselia's 1B (no one really used Venomoth but it was almost as bad), but Yanmega was the most dominant pkmn to grace RU for the round it was here.

Nidoqueen

The metagame was centered around this thing so much. Of course, the same can be said for Cresselia, and it was a hard choice between the two. In the end, I went with the one that in my opinion had the most overpowering combination of power, bulky and utility. This thing was a massive threat every stage it was in RU.

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
Cresselia
Getting banned at least 2 times puts it above everything else.

Last edited:

Hakumen

Hot grill
Alright so the voting for the #1 spot ends here!

Cresselia: 6
Nidoqueen: 2
Venomoth: 1
Yanmega : 1

Cresselia is the Winner!

Cresselia won and is so the biggest titan of the RU metagame. It complety centralized the metagame, making its counters required on all teams to kill Cresselia and also it spent quite a long time in the tier, making its impact even bigger. The fact that it got banned 3 times in three different metagames shows how broken and centralazing Cresselia was.

Voting for #2 spot

Alright the voting has begun! We are going to be voting for the #2 spot.. Like the previous vote, you have to make a short explanation of your choice. The voting will last for two days. Happy voting!

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yanmega

Stupidly strong, nigh uncounterable, reasonable bulk, Tinted Lens to fuck with defense or Speed Boost to fuck with offense. The first Pokemon banned and the second titan for this list.

Yanmega

It's stupid good in UU, and I can only imagine what it was like in RU. All the posts about it in this thread plus experience with it in UU lead me to believe it's definitely the most worthy for the number two spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)