Other The Totem Pole (Circus edition) SIGNUPS

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Approved by Blazade

The Totem Pole
is a game along the lines of Survivor/Big Brother, created by Wesley Bryant. One day, he decided he wanted to film a game and put it on YouTube as a 6 episode reality competition series. It's a fun watch, and a fun game, so I've decided to test the waters by hosting an installment here. Hell, if it's successful enough future seasons may be worked on

The Format
-Each cycle begins with a challenge. The winner of this challenge will be the "Top of the Totem Pole" (mentioned hereafter as simply "Top" for convenience) for that cycle

-The Top will then order the rest of the game on the titular "Totem Pole". The Top is #1, and everyone else is numbered #2 through to however many players there are to rank. The player placed at the bottom is now at risk for elimination

-Someone is then randomly selected to be "The Switch". The Switch must swap two of the players on the totem pole, the only restriction being they cannot swap the Top with anyone. They may swap the bottom with someone else if they wish, putting the new player on the bottom instead
Example: Player A is on the bottom of the totem pole. Player B is selected to be The Switch this round, and decides they don't want Player A on the bottom. They decide to swap Player A with Player C. Player C is now on the bottom of the totem pole, at risk of elimination

-Whoever's at the bottom after The Switch must now choose another player to be their "Defender"

-The Defender has two options presented to them: "Save" or "Take Power"
*If they decide to Save, the bottom of the totem pole will not be immediately eliminated, and a twist will be unleashed that will eliminate someone else.
*If they decide to Take Power, the bottom of the totem pole is immediately eliminated from the game, and they will receive a power that will effect the following vote
*Each option can only be picked a limited number of times. For example, in the official 13 player season, each option was only available four times maximum over five normal cycles. This will scale as needed depending on the cast size

-Once the Totem Pole phase ends, the remaining players will vote to eliminate another player. The Top and Defender are both immune and cannot receive votes. Whoever receives the most votes is eliminated from the game
*In the event of a tie, there will be a revote
*In the event of a deadlock, rocks will be drawn, as in survivor.

-This goes on until we reach the Final Three/Two, pending cast size. At this point, a jury of eliminated players will vote for which of the finalists they believe deserves to win the game

This game will have 13-21 Players depending on how many signups it receives. Challenges are going to be relatively simple, as this is my first official hosting gig, and is mostly meant to test if The Totem Pole works in Circus' environment.

If you're interested in playing, sign up below. This game is planned to begin March 8th at 4pm EST, so long as we reach a minimum of 13 players by that point. if we surpass the maximum 21 players, cuts will be made on a first come, first served basis. Cycles will last about four to five days total each, split between a challenge, The Totem Pole phase, and the vote. Though given each cycle eliminates two people, the game will move along at a fairly fast pace

The game will have a dedicated Discord server for your convenience, but major announcements will be given in the game thread. The server will be up within the next 24 hours

Signups
1. zorbees
2. Drookez
3. apricity
4. shubaka17
5. Cleo
6. InfernoDragon
7. Energy
8. bluedoom
9. JALMONT

Last edited:

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
In :)
This will be mostly a discord thing, a la the survivor games, yes?
Yep, dedicated server with some challenges using bots for commands, and everyone gets a diary room as well. Not going to go too fancy with all the ORG stuff and do exit interviews, edgic, and the whole shebang though, this season's mostly a test run after all and I don't have a co-host. AND I'm competing in another ORG. So it'll just be the basics

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Wow I'm really pushing "later today", it's 1:45am and I'm probably going to bed soon, but at least I have something. All the important channels should be added over the next few days, meanwhile I'll be looking for 6 more players. You may continue to sign up here in the meantime if you wish to play

https://discord.gg/Jw5CQ2s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)