The World Cup of Pokémon IX - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeIIraiser

tough like igglybuff
at least France got an invitation to play next year's World Cup. oo
doidaaao will now proceed to destroy FLCL and Tsunami in the tiebreak.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Unfortunate that a good ass team like France would miss playoffs due to extremely bad luck while sacks of shit like shake soge valentine etc luck their way thru despite having no skill whatsoever (shoutout shake go head get lukd (BAN ME PLEASE)) anyways it's been fun watching France play, and u guys were pretty much the only threat so on behalf of east id like to thank u guys for letting this trophy come uncontested. On another note how the fuck is metro third niggas is steppin up big props to lord funk

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Brasil, Asia and Canada will battle for #6 in a xy game
Deadline: next Thursday, but battle asap pls

Also teams may send me their round 2 line ups.
Germany and Spain should send their line ups to Ciele

Last edited:

Ojama

Banned deucer.
I would like to understand why were Canada given an activity win in such conditions. We're out because of an activity win, how can it be possible. I won't waste my time complaining about what happened yesterday in all our games because that's useless but trust me this is more frustrating to be out because of an activity win than on bad luck. I can't believe an activity win with such an impact on the tournament was given considering the fact that activity wins are rarely given in WCOP.

Canada probably "deserved" this activity win but I just can't understand how such a decision was taken by M Dragon or the TDs. If Canada don't get this activity win we tie with them and still have a chance to make it to playoffs. How is that fair for us? Why aren't we playing a tiebreak against Canada to decide which Team advances into playoffs? It's clear that Afrabs threw their games and didn't want to sub Felony out to make us lose. I also watched Europe's games yesterday and they clearly lost on purpose. I guess I can't prove they did but this is seriously sad to see that a Team make it to playoffs over another because of an activity win and another Team that don't want to sub their player our and throw their games. Also UK are in the same situation, don't forget that. You decided to give an activity win while 2 teams were able to make it to playoffs.

I really would like M Dragon and the other TDs to reconsider this decision or Canada's captain(s) to post regarding this.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
like rey said on irc, psure afrabs didnt have a single sub left so they couldn't even sub Felony out =/

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Since they didn't tie: no

Btw ojama how did we make play offs even though all german players except cbb and darklucario suck? :<

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Canada probably "deserved" this activity win but I just can't understand how such a decision was taken by M Dragon or the TDs.
I don't know the full situation but if you think Canada deserved the activity win why are you complaining about them getting it?

The score between teams should have no bearing on whether an activity win is given. Give an activity win based on who was active and the circumstances of the battlers themselves. This same faulty (imo) logic has sprung up in SPL before where ppl bitched that matches should be extended instead of activitied when the scores were so close, but that's just retarded.

Activity wins are there for a reason and they shouldn't just be thrown out the window because a score is REALLY close, because if you're going to take that line then you really shouldn't give activity wins at all. I feel for you France, but if the only reason you're mad Ojama is because an activity win was given when the scores were so close rather than Canada not deserving the activity win, then, well...

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This discussion shouldn't be public and only between TDs and the captains of france/uk/canada

If you want to do it here don't be surprised if you get stupid comments

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Activity wins are there for a reason.
and so are substitutes, you can read the OP, a situation like that is really not supposed to happen, plus the fact that it's not a consequence-free game means that the captain of Afrabs has no excuse for such negligence

edit : Soulgazer : put me captain of afrabs, I'll sub someone in don't worry, and I would not give any credit to reyscarface's impartial opinion on the situation lmfao

Last edited:

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
and so are substitutes, you can read the OP, a situation like that is really not supposed to happen, plus the fact that it's not a consequence-free game means that the captain of Afrabs has no excuse for such negligence
what part of afrabs had no subs is too hard to grasp.

this is pretty clear cut in my opinion, i agree with everything panamaxis said. the only way any other outcome could come out of this would be if you completely remove every activity win that has been given this tour, make them get played and go from there. sadly not only is this impractical for obvious reasons, but its also unfair for the teams that were readily available during the timeframe given. not even mentioning the dangerous precedent this sets.

also i want to point out if you want to go with the "fair" option, it wouldnt be to remove the activity wins, and succesfully screw over teams that were ready, but instead punish those who didnt get their matches completed for x or y reason. 3 weeks was a monstruous amount of time to get *3* matches done. if you want fairness, create a blacklist and ban tourney players that lose on activity (there could be exceptions, leave it to host discretion).

shit happens in tournaments, i learned this the hard way through Latin America missing playoffs with a 13-11 record when 2 teams that advanced were at 12-12. Shitty point system and whatnot, and due to that it was changed the following years.

Canada didn't play his last game. If we play a tiebreaker, it is as if they had played it.
da fuck? no it isnt, its literally shafting canada out of a game because their opponent wasnt available. how would you feel if we say: Okay France, you get to play 23 games while everyone else plays 24. It is extremely unfair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)