The World Cup of Pokémon X - Format [Read post #265]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You quoted the wrong post Ohmachi, btw Sand Veil and Snow Cloak were banned for evasion issue. That was ALSO a good way to deal with a Garchomp unban, and this is exactly the same thing as they're gonna do with Excadrill and weather+ability issue.
I am the first to say that it was not the best way to conduct this decision, since BWers gotta revise all their teams in less than a month due to a ban on a "dead" gen (this seems like a Latias unban in DPP right now, that would be awful for preparation even if it could be a good decision) and can't even see what actually changes besides those 2-3 live suspect tour (less than 100 battles overall), but looking at the decision as such, outside of this context, it's undeniable that it is a good way to deal with an awfully matchup reliant gen as BW is. And there are a lot of other things that deserve at least a discussion (Kyurem-B, Reuniclus, weathers, Keldeo maybe) so the decision of TDs (and players who propose) to recover the quality of BW is admirable, while the moment they took it (and the probable instability of BW games in WCoP as direct aftermath) was not that cool yeah, but however it's still a viable way

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
tfw world cup :D
tfw no doubles >:(

anyways hype, I'm interested to see which players are gonna be good, I'm interested. also go benelux

Hail was banned because it was deemed overpowered for UU. Why not just ban all weather-inducers in BW OU? That tier would probably be competitive and not lame as a result.
We've already seen in a lot of matches what no weather BW would be : dragmag fest which would be even worse than current bw ou

Weathers and Dragons are not closely related each other and there are a lot of good wless teams where dragons are not even used (maybe just Garchomp as SR setter) other than a lot of wless teams that can deal with dragons (and a lot of rain/sand teams that cannot)
edit: ninja'd

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
We'll hold the BW Suspect Tours (Weather + Speed Boosting Ability). It will be on those dates:
There will take place on smogtours and the threads will be posted in the Live Tournaments section of the forum.

Last edited:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
tbh RBY and GSC are the worse gen i've play in my short mon career, ADV is fun and balance imo, DPP best gen, BW sucks, and i play ORAS more than other and i like it tbh dispite so many threats.

Wait so was a tiering decision just made by TDs because of people bitching? Is that even something TDs are even allowed to do? Also I thought Reuniclus spike stack bs was a thing all the kids hated on, not sun. The ban on sun sweepers just makes BW OU have safer matchup. I understand it but it's not something I'd wanna ban

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
"bitching"
isnt every single decision made because people are bitching in the first place ?
are you not all bitching like hell right now ?

make some sense

It's crazy funny how everybody jump on the "bw sucks" hype train to look cool everytime they can, but when it comes to actually attempt to improve the tier, these people who barely play BW are all over these threads throwing rocks at the TDs, who, for once, are making tough decisions.
Why don't you at least let the live tours happen, at worst it's gonna be like that at WCOP and then changed back. I didn't see any future BW player complaining so far, let them play their "shitty metagame" in peace.
I mean, I'd not blame the RBY or GSC or UU [...]players for banning stuff out of their tier for instance.

Ok, yeah all suspects come from bitching, but not by TDs. Idk its just like strange conduct I guess and like an overuling of smogon policy, I kinda support the suspect tours but I assume it's going to delay the start of wcop because of what I would consider a super small minority complaint about BW OU, I could be wrong but as far as suspects in BW OU in 2015, barely anyone gives enough of a fuck.

It's always funny to see someone bashing a tier because he's bad at this and not because it actually sucks, anyway i've played BW for a while now and i agreed with that suspect, however there are better threats at the moment such as Reuniclus or Alakazam, but i guess we will have to wait for that.

Concerning World Cup format, it's true that RBY and GSC will make it really hard for some teams but let's be honest here, why wcop should have DPP / BW / ADV and not RBY and GSC ? I mean if we are implementing old gens there are no reasons to don't add those tiers too, then why people are complaining about the fact that there are too many Old gens Tournaments and are crying about the lack of relevant old gens players ? Do you think that removing old gens from tournament will increase the number of players ? Well i'm looking for that wcop and good luck everyone. :toast:

We should allow to people to play RBY / GSC to play another tier aswell. Forcing a player to these tiers just because there are no other africans that play rby / gsc makes it very limiting to our team. If by any chance I could take both ORAS and RBY at the same time, then that would expand our teams variety in tiers. We are out here struggling to even get 10 players to even play. Hopefully my proposal will be taken into consideration. -xtra$hine

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
We should allow to people to play ORAS to play another tier aswell. Forcing a player to these tiers just because there are no other Europeans that play ORAS makes it very limiting to our team. If by any chance I could take both ORAS and RBY at the same time, then that would expand our teams variety in tiers. We are out here struggling to even get 10 players to even play. Hopefully my proposal will be taken into consideration. -Isa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)