The World Cup of Pokémon X - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i won't be playing, ggs tho

i won't be doing shoutouts b.c. my whole team finna chastise me and use variations of BAN ME PLEASE but i'd like to give a special shoutout to tesung for being the by far and away best teammate we've had this season

thanks lady bug/pana/worms/badabing/honus/bloo for ur assistance much love

ggz, was an interesting and mostly fun season, east definitely deserves it for their prep regardless of some unfortunate events and I expect will win in finals.

well done stathakis, i think u can stop calling urself unclutch at this point

was a fun season west and you guys are all cool, I think a little more preparation and we coulda done it but we were a good team nonetheless

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
ggs east, solid performance west shame about the RNG in some games, major props to you luke for turning up when your team needed you most once again
Ggs west, and Rey you got together one hell of a squad when I can say safely nobody expected much of your roster this year. With experience, you guys will be a threat for a long time, you've gotten some amazing pieces to build the team around.

Great job stath, I remember when I first asked you to join east and I couldn't be any happier of your performance this season.

Great job east once again, four finals baby. We can do this. :)

Rumor

when bae sees your sketchers light up
a bit clichè for a sub to make a s/o post but this is my first wcop and u cant take it away from me ;_;

s/o to tesung phil undisputed jimmy turtwig and get backer for making me feel like apart of the team

s/o to dice and rey for giving me the chance

s/o to my central frens finch zeb and cased

finally a shoutout to valentine, wouldn't have even possessed the skill i have today without him

was fun boys, gl east in finals

Last edited:
ggs East. it was truly an enjoyable series. thank you for being such classy opponents. there were definitely some contentious moments, but you all were very sportsmanlike throughout. something smogon is definitely short on

thank you dice for bringing me out of retirement to play. i haven't had as much fun playing pokemon in a long time.

thanks to phil, rey, dice, and tesung for being amazing teammates in addition to pokemon players. each of you is incredibly talented and truly dedicated to the team. you are role models in the pokemon world and beyond

although you were killing it at sea, i was thoroughly impressed by your matches, ben gay. great work man. i would be excited to play on another team with you in the future.

jimmy, ary, mambo, and get backer: great job for your first season with west. i'd count on all of you guys in the future without question.

anti-shoutout to lavos. stay banned. just kidding - you're as talented as ever and you did a lot of behind the scenes work. thank you for all your effort and advice.

finally, enough cannot be said about Rumor. the teammate anyone would want to have. rumor is the kind of teammate that inspires others around him to be their best.

thanks for another great season, West. im honored and privileged to be a part of the team

Great series, East. You guys are as formidable as ever. Shout outs to AUG and BKC for being DPP bosses and driving me to build a new team I'm really happy about.

Now time for some -Tsunami- approved losing team shout-outs.

reyscarface - My only regret is not being able to get you to the tie-breakers and finals to increase your RBY win streak. As I've said before, you're one of the few people I would put in a top 10 list for nearly every generation of Pokemon. Also just a great dude to have in the chat and talk to.

undisputed - My protege. Hella proud of you as usual. Not just for your performance, but for your maturity and behavior with the team. I could always count on you for solid tests and team suggestions, and you're a great friend on top of it all.

Tesung - I think everybody will agree that you were the best team player this year. Even though this is your second year on US West, I felt like I got to know you a lot better this time around, and I'm glad I did. Amazing player and even better team supporter.

Rumor - #1 sub, being online every day and willing to help (even with what you considered bitch work... we've all had to do it at some point!). There's a bright future for you here dude, keep up the great work. Hope to see you again next year.

Myzozoa - One of the staples of US West. I can always count on you for fresh ideas and for being a sound mind in general. We should definitely meet up one of these days!

Mithril - Your dedication to US West is unparalleled. If there was ever a year where you weren't a part of the team in some capacity, it seriously wouldn't be the same. I hope to see you next year as well, friend.

Lavos - As hot blooded as your namesake. Keep being you and let the haters hate. We both know you're a beast and people fear you for it. Just try not to get banned next year, kthx.

Jimmy Turtwig - Such a deceptively scrubby name, but I guess I shouldn't be one to talk. I knew dice had an amazing pick in you the moment you fucked my BW Frontier team up in tests. Even though it's outdated as hell, it usually puts up a solid fight but you demolished me. You're going to be a big deal around here someday. Don't forget about us US West plebs when that happens.

Ary - I'm glad dice discovered you. You're the exact kind of talent I looked for when I was captaining the ship. Maybe rubbed some people the wrong way with your cockiness, but I say own that shit. You remind me a bit of myself when I first started out, which is the biggest compliment I can give anybody because I consider myself the greatest person of all time.

Mambo - Filling in our GSC spot with no complaints, what more could I ask for. Anybody else would have said "fuck that", but you took one for the team and gave us a fighting chance in my least favorite metagame. Great guy all around.

Get Backer - Not gonna lie, I was concerned many weeks because I didn't know what you were going to bring in your games, but you proved that I needn't concern myself time and time again. You made a big splash in your first WCoP. First of many, I'm sure.

ben gay - "Hi, I'll play whenever I'm free I guess and just kick ass without much prep at all." Even though you weren't in the channel as much as I'd have liked this year, I never worried about your matches. I'd gladly count on you to tie-break for us if it ever came down to it.

GaryTheGengar - I was stoked that you came back to help in the semis, but you can't just show up when the times are good bro. Would've loved to start you the whole season! Thanks for being a beast and having solid advice when you were around, though :)

shartruce2 - Every year I've wanted to have you on the team, but you always fell just shy of making the cut. I'm glad you were on this year, even though I didn't catch you on IRC much after I returned from vacation. Definitely would love to get to know you better.

Invok3r - I think I saw you log on twice since I got back from vacation. Where u at.

remlabmez - My boy rem always hanging out, being one of my best friends on Smogon. Thanks for encouraging me to use Pokemon who were good in 2009...

Lady Bug - The prince of the dessert himself, always supporting US West when your team gets eliminated (which is always in prelims, so you support basically the whole season every year). I love having you on every team I'm on. One of the best people on Smogon.

panamaxis - Thanks for the great game man. One of my favorites in a while (though that doesn't say much, cause I haven't had many games in a while...). Your support the past few years has made my WCoP experience so awesome. Team Brofessionals. Let's do it!

Earthworm - We're Facebook friends now. Shit's official. I'm so happy you hung out in our channel. I really missed chatting w/ you like old times, and you also had some great insight for team building. I love that you can basically quit Pokemon for LoL and come back whenever to still be one of the biggest threats in the community.

Blue Kirby - Thanks for cleaning up in my match vs AUG. I knew I could always count on you.

badabing - Idk why you were in our channel all year, but I'm glad you were. dice has gud frens. Let's fake your location next year to get you on the team officially.

TheFourthChaser - My mini-me who's taller than me. You should humbrag about UC Berkeley more. And steal more soda. And keep bossing at VGC. And meet up with me at some point, wtf how has that not happened yet?

yee - Missed having you around regularly this year, but I'm glad you swung by from time to time.

Bloo - Wtf, did your account get deleted? Anyways, thanks for ghosting every match this season. It's a shame you couldn't beat East.

Last but not least, dice. I know you're mad at me right now, and I'm sorry for blowing up on you today and yesterday. For what it's worth, you did an amazing job putting this team together. It was bittersweet handing over my captainship to you after all these years, but I don't think anybody could have done a better job (not even me, and I'm the best). You successfully tricked me into thinking I could just be a sub this year, but I'm glad you did it. I had a blast coming back from retirement to show these plebs that I'm not totally washed up. I owe that to you breh. I hope we can kiss and make up soon.

Also shout out to OCN and East for the great series. Both came down to the wire, and you're both deserving teams of the trophy this year.

Alright, you all can now start taking bets on how long I'll stay "retired" for again. Peace.

Edit: Extra shout out to BKC for bugging me on FB when I was trying to hide from Smogon to play in WCoP, and all the other old timers who joined adding extra pressure to sign up.

Last edited:

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
310 days. Same time next year?

Ggs west, this series was super even and it could've gone either way, we haxed more than you did and I feel really fortunate to have made it out alive. Very well played.

shartruce

Chartreuse Charmanders/ US WEST 2015!
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
GGs U.S. East, that was a really good series. I'll make some quick shoutouts, really sorry to my team that I wasn't very active on IRC and could've helped a lot more, was really glad I got to meet all of you guys. The skype teambuilding sessions in the earlier weeks were pretty fun, was really glad I got to experience that with you guys.

dice reyscarface thanks for letting me be a sub, really appreciate it as this was my first world cup. I was really surprised that I was on the roster, given that I didn't do so hot in tryouts lol. Thanks for giving me a chance, even though I didn't support the team much, that's my fault.

ben gay Tesung, for being great teammates and been friends with you guys for a while, really love interacting with you guys and helping me get better as a player

GaryTheGengar The only time we ever talked was building that Char X (i think) team that we never finished, really wanted you to battle more :/

Ary Get Backer Jimmy Turtwig - I didn't talk with you guys much directly, but you guys were pretty talkative in IRC, you guys were so enthusiastic about your battles and teams, really good teammates

Rumor Invok3r - bof and Benchwarmer buddies :]

everybody else that I didn't talk to much but are still awesome Mambo undisputed Philip7086 Lavos Spawn Myzozoa (hope I didn't miss anybody)

sorry that I didn't contribute as much as I wanted, but being apart of my first WCOP and first official team tour has been a really fun experience. There's always next year to get that trophy :]

WEST BEST

GSC: M Dragon vs Conflict
ORAS: reiku vs cosine180
ORAS: SoulWind vs Steve Angello

all of these matches could easily go the other way, i hate having to predict against all of m dragon / cosine / soulwind. really hype matches, looking forward to them

Last edited:
2.) Spain (0) vs. 3.) Germany (0)

GSC: M Dragon vs Conflict
ORAS: reiku vs cosine180
ORAS: SoulWind vs Steve Angello

Second match will be pretty interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)