The World Cup of Pokémon XI - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won against M Dragon 1-0 in a tight game, thanks for agreeing to play the game even after your team had won.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ou-175121

And this concludes the WCOP journey for Greece. I'd like to thank M Dragon and all the TDs for the (so-far) excellent organisation of this event.

And now for some personal shoutouts:

Foggi has been my training partner for all of my ADV games. There's no doubt in my mind that without him I wouldn't of been able to get back into the new ADV metagame this fast. He is a team library and knows all the current teams played inside out. He would discern weaknesses in people's playstyles and quickly alert me to that. I won't forget the hours we spent practicing for .Mx, Ojama, Mael, M Dragon and Tesung trying to see what would work best. It's a shame your eligiblity was weak playing with Greece as I am sure you'd be able to take a lot of names in this tour. Imo you have great potential in ADV and you should definitely try to pursue it in future tours.

Rigas who took upon him the role of captain of Team Greece. He has taken what was previously a disorganized pack of wolves and turned it into an actual team that stood besides all the established ones. Even though the Alastor kitty incident went out of hand, I believe that he has learned a lot on what it means to be a team manager.

Fear there's no doubt in my mind you still are the best ADV player. Along with Foggi you've helped me practice ADV and took a lot of your precious time optimizing my EV spreads, notably Claydol and Celebi. You've changed my perspective on both and I will never run shitty defense spreads on them again!

The real UD You have been one of my close friends ever since I've gotten back, and we have bonded reminiscing over the old nb days. It's always fun having a casual chat with you. We've build some cool teams together and you gave me some of the best feedback on some of mine, notably the Wish Bliss on my Weezing team and the Moltres team we made which has now become the Agility Zapdos team!

Ace-11 for making me roll on the floor laughing at that salty fries joke. Asuka Langley Soryu for making me lose my breath laughing scrolling through kitty memes.

I don't know if I'll be playing any other events as real-life tends to become increasingly busier. Regardless, while I still have my ADV boner on I might be posting detailed analysis of my team-building process for some of the teams I ran in WCOP. Hopefully this should keep ADV in Ruins of Alph a bit more active.

Good luck to the remaining teams, rooting for a Germany vs Spain final!

Last edited:

TadaRinri

Banned deucer.
First of all,gg Spain.Secondly,i'd like to tell a story.I sceduled at 19:00 gmt+2,Sunday with K-12.The reason is,he worked apparently all week long and could only make Sunday.I also worked all week long,same as today.My shift started at 20:00 gmt+2,so i politely asked K-12 to be on time,so that we can have the match.This round lasted 7 days,he couldnt make it 6 of them,plus he completely ignored my one and only request,just be on time on Sunday.If any of you questions what i say,check the conversation on my wall.The funniest part of all,he went online 20:24,and didnt accept my challenge till 20:30.He was online,he answered as soon as he logged in,but didnt talk again till the time went 20:30.When asked him why he didnt show on time and i couldnt play right now,he kept spamming chall me,go without even responding to anything i was saying.This really wont change the outcome of the battles already happened,the reason im sitting down pouring time on this idiotic post,is the way admins handle those matters.I do not care if he did it on purpose or not.Please,for the love of any god/creature/mountain you believe in,CHANGE,THE WAY MATCHES ARE BEING SCHEDULED.Im not gonna tell you what to do,but if you wanna be considered a serious pokemon tournament organizer,please start acting like one.Im not talking about today's matter only,but everything that happened thoughout this tourney.
Last but not least,go Afrabs.

First of all,gg Spain.Secondly,i'd like to tell a story.I sceduled at 19:00 gmt+2,Sunday with K-12.The reason is,he worked apparently all week long and could only make Sunday.I also worked all week long,same as today.My shift started at 20:00 gmt+2,so i politely asked K-12 to be on time,so that we can have the match.This round lasted 7 days,he couldnt make it 6 of them,plus he completely ignored my one and only request,just be on time on Sunday.If any of you questions what i say,check the conversation on my wall.The funniest part of all,he went online 20:24,and didnt accept my challenge till 20:30.He was online,he answered as soon as he logged in,but didnt talk again till the time went 20:30.When asked him why he didnt show on time and i couldnt play right now,he kept spamming chall me,go without even responding to anything i was saying.This really wont change the outcome of the battles already happened,the reason im sitting down pouring time on this idiotic post,is the way admins handle those matters.I do not care if he did it on purpose or not.Please,for the love of any god/creature/mountain you believe in,CHANGE,THE WAY MATCHES ARE BEING SCHEDULED.Im not gonna tell you what to do,but if you wanna be considered a serious pokemon tournament organizer,please start acting like one.Im not talking about today's matter only,but everything that happened thoughout this tourney.
this is the time to chill out

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey Stone could you please put your monkey back in its cage?

A good zookeeper would have shot the thing after its first post. With such brain defects, it'd have no chance of survival in the wild.
He doesn't even start. He's no harm to west! He's just that one guy who is a part of your group of friends despite your embarrassment to be seen with him. Surely you understand.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
[2016-04-12, 8:46:18 PM] TDK: pokemon rewards idiots

Turn 72
Lysergic withdrew Poliwrath!
Lysergic sent out Skarmory!
Diancie used Diamond Storm!
A critical hit! The opposing Skarmory lost 56% of its health!
The opposing Skarmory restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 73
Diancie used Hidden Power!
It's super effective! A critical hit! The opposing Skarmory lost 50% of its health!
The opposing Skarmory fainted!
★TDK: my b

please.use.your.spacebar.

Thanks for having me asia! I wasn't sure whether to come back to a team tour or not and I ended up signing up pretty late (lol), but I'm really glad I did. Definitely have a few regrets regarding that last game but it was a great experience and all of you are great guys and talented players n_n

GL Germany, you guys are one of the strongest teams in the tour so would be cool to see you guys take it all

I am sad to see our WCoP adventure end but I am proud about our team.We were not just Greece ; we were Team Greece and that was what got us this far.Team spirit and dedication were the keys of our success.Getting in the playoffs of the WC may seem like a simple task for some people here,but it's a big achievement for a team that participates for their first time and even more for a team from a country as small as Greece.I remember myself like some years ago and I couldn't imagine participating in the WC with Greece,let alone posing a serious challenge.Huge progress has been made in the last couple of years and I hope that we can keep on progressing as a team,despite the difficulties we have to face .That's why we are so passionate with our team and some times way too passionate tbh.But that's not an actual reason to hate us ; most of you would do the same and some of you actually do the same without even playing,lol.
Congratulations to Spain for progressing and I wish them good luck for the rest of the tournament,as well to every other team still on.May the best be victorious.
Special thanks to Foggi for helping me with pregame training,you've been an amazing training partner.

I dodged a large number of magma storms which helped me to beat jacob, gg

ggs west

a brief shoutout to the players on team Greece and to Rigas. for many of you this was your first taste of an official smogon tournament and the prevailing belief in the community was that you'd finish 16th, quietly exit, and lose your place in this tour to latin america next year. you guys smashed those expectations to smithereens. I wish I had played a bigger role in your run but I am so proud to have seen you guys go this far. keep looking onwards and upwards gentlemen, the future is bright for Greece

Last edited:

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Good games East, some luck involved throughout the series but you guys played well regardless. Good luck to you guys moving forwards. Fuck Magma Storm.

As for US West, I looked at this as a rebuilding year (what, with us losing all of our Mexicans) and we proved that we're legitimate contenders anyways. Thank you guys for having faith in me to play the role of triggerman, I really enjoyed doing behind-the-scenes stuff this season. A big thanks to the grandparents (Philip7086, undisputed, Mithril, myzozoa), Lavos Spawn, and Valentine(?) for returning for another season and ben gay especially for his infamous Dragonite. For all the new guys who joined this year (and stuck around, shoutouts Lax), I'm confident you guys have solid careers ahead of you on here if you manage to find a vaccine for IDWW syndrome. Specific shoutouts:

Lysergic: You're a fucking animal and you impressed in every game you played. Keep doing what you're doing, man. Poliwrath is hot.

psychicmewtwo: You're probably the darkest dark horse ever but you showed up to compete. Your builds are insane and I love them. I'm truly looking forward to seeing what you can do in the future.

rozes: Holy shit, you're absolutely god-awful and should feel bad 24/7. You're gonna get concentrated doses of the IDWW vaccine. Jirachi doesn't run Shadow Tag in BW, you can switch your Pokemon out of it.

teal6: Don't let RBY get you down, you played well a lot of the time and just got dealt a shitty hand. Having played last year, I can confirm that hax is annoying as hell (hi MetalGro$$ !!!). I really do hope you keep playing Pokemon and come back next year, you're honestly the nicest person to interact with on this site LOL.

Lavos Spawn: Thanks for not getting banned, I can't fucking stand GSC.

Valentine: Pay Tesung his $35.

Just woke up and saw we didnt manage to win x.x

However, I am truly thankful for everything this year. Its been amazing to see how we worked as a team for the whole run this year, im truly proud of what we've performed and achieved :)

Big s/o to Analytic for working so hard to help out the team, he literally did everything he could do for the team. Also every team members on the team, love u guys, I enjoy every moment with u guys, and thank u all for trusting and supporting me. (I wanna keep it short, so I dont give personal shoutout)

Special thanks to Alkov, miss u bro, hope to see u again soon

Last edited:
three things in life: death, taxes, and east vs west

thanks for giving me the opportunity to participate even though i never got to play, this was an experience i won't forget for a long time. i could have tried out for three teams (assuming they accepted me ofc) and i'm super glad i ended up picking west. i met a lot of great people and learned so many cool things, namely who the shoutouts hugo guy was and dice's list of subhuman players (ft rozes) and valentine's crippling gambling addiction. fascinating stuff

thanks to pdc for somehow blackmailing rozes/val into letting me on the team. thanks to rozes/val for actually letting me on the team despite like not even really having a tryout due to my vacation, and especially to val for actually scouting me out in the first place. congratulations to team greece for a fantastic first run (although a little professionalism next time would be nice lmao), and to mewtwo/mob/hector hard mode for hugely successful team tour debuts

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Shoutouts to West, pleasure to play you guys as usual. You're always great competitors and always seem to prove spectators wrong and stay competitive. Phil seems like my other half, he's been doing it as long as me and always put out an amazing squad. Psychicmewtwo and Lysergic seem like important building blocks to an already solid squad. If they keep it up, you guys will be super scary.

Shoutout to Greece as well. While you guys didn't appreciate much of what I had to say, you guys exceeded everyone's expectations. It was thoroughly a pleasure watching you guys come in and kick ass as underdogs. I was delighted to catch up with Astamatitos and talk some theory and old times with him. Shame I didn't get to talk with fear, but facing him on the ladder in HO wars on shoddy were some delightful memories. I hope you both return next year because you both as players are so solid and exemplify on both talent and attitude what a teammate should be. Rigas good job with your squad, be proud of what you accomplished and move forward. You accomplished in one year what took East and many other teams years to do.

I know my team isn't out but I think it's important to give credit to other teams where it's due. This is the only tournament I care for, and i truly love to see players make names for themselves.

Go Afrabs. Get your shit together and go get it!

Last edited:

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Thanks to Nails for contacting me last minute about signups this year. Thanks to Val for letting me play.

I'm not happy with my performance. I played better in my loss to IFM than in all 3 of my wins. Very proud of West, though. I consider this rebuilding year a great success.

Special thanks to those of you who tried your hardest in preparing for every match, regardless of how your record ended up.

Congrats to East. I'm always curious to see who has the better roster when no luck is involved. Sadly, that never seems to happen when our teams meet. Call it Pokemon...we'll see you in playoffs next year for revenge.

Supporting East now, despite myself.

Valentine

Banned deucer.

ggs East.

i think the match loss this week was largely my fault, the tempo of the series would have been different if i managed to play good for once but that didn't happen. i'm sorry team. i got into a match up we prepared for and i still managed to botch it. classic val. i don't think East ORAS is particularly impressive but at least it's above average, and of course their oldgens are solid.. no shame in losing to East, just unfortunate we didn't actualize our full potential.

it was a blast putting the roster together this year.. it's my favorite part of any team tour and i'm glad i was involved with that. thanks rozes, phil, mambo, mithril, i think we found some really solid talent this year. i hope i can come back and participate with that next year!

huge middle finger to raseri (and oglemi partially), i think it would have been just fine to unban conspire a couple days early to allow him onto the team. you denied him invaluable tournament experience, i think you were being harsh with someone who wasn't very familiar with the fourms and our community. just for clarity i don't associate his lack of membership with our loss, i just think you robbed him of learning experience and a chance to break out into the tournament scene.

i think some of the early TD decisions regarding eligibility were very sloppy and should have been executed more efficiently and fairly (or just not executed at all). all i can really say now is, please follow through with changing the United States borders for next year.

i'm proud of each and every member of the team new and old, we put on a good performance and i'm looking forward to what we can do in the future. i'm sure that someday..

Someday Together We'll Shine.

Last edited:

ggs East.

i think the match loss this week was largely my fault, the tempo of the series would have been different if i managed to play good for once but that didn't happen. i'm sorry team. i got into a match up we prepared for and i still managed to botch it. classic val. i don't think East ORAS is particularly impressive but at least it's above average, and of course their oldgens are solid.. no shame in losing to East, just unfortunate we didn't actualize our full potential.

it was a blast putting the roster together this year.. it's my favorite part of any team tour and i'm glad i was involved with that. thanks rozes, phil, mambo, mithril, i think we found some really solid talent this year. i hope i can come back and participate with that next year!

huge middle finger to raseri (and oglemi partially), i think it would have been just fine to unban conspire a couple days early to allow him onto the team. you denied him invaluable tournament experience, i think you were being harsh with someone who wasn't very familiar with the fourms and our community. just for clarity i don't associate his lack of membership with our loss, i just think you robbed him of learning experience and a chance to break out into the tournament scene.

i think some of the early TD decisions regarding eligibility were very sloppy and should have been executed more efficiently and fairly (or just not executed at all). all i can really say now is, please follow through with changing the United States borders for next year.

i'm proud of each and every member of the team new and old, we put on a good performance and i'm looking forward to what we can do in the future. i'm sure that someday..

Someday Together We'll Shine.
lol he could have also not got himself banned :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)