This was a UU Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
playing on ladder as wormhunter, me and august are trying to get a lot of alts on leaderboard and i fought dusknoir. in the midst of all this. he is probably unknown but was a good sport and a good player. enjoy

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause

my team:

dusknoir.'s team:

WORMHUNTER sent out SQUASHBOT (lvl 100 Venusaur ?).
Dusknoir. sent out Uxie (lvl 100 Uxie).
Dusknoir. switched in Registeel (lvl 100 Registeel).
SQUASHBOT used Sleep Powder.
SQUASHBOT's attack missed!
---
SQUASHBOT used Sleep Powder.
Registeel fell asleep!
Registeel is fast asleep!

My SquashBot (appropiately named because my god look how much weight he is supporting the poor thing is squashed) is confronted by Uxie and judging by the size of this thing, I think I have Uxie fully under control. My instinct is correct as he brings out a giant slab of Braille to absorb the Sleep Powder. Despite missing, I can just hit it again hehe but wait! Could this literal walking eyesore have Curse and Sleep Talk?

Instead of waiting to find out, I decide to bring in my Scyther, who can survive a Curse Iron Head but more importantly, threaten out Uxie who commonly runs Stealth Rock.
---
WORMHUNTER switched in BUGBOT (lvl 100 Scyther ?).
Dusknoir. switched in Uxie (lvl 100 Uxie).

Meet BugBOT, he takes the stage as Uxie comes back out. Sensing Twave or Stealth Rock, I turn to the Pokemon who can handle either one: Donphan. Best case scenario - he switches in fear of Scyther and no SR but as we know nothing best ever happens in the realm of Pokemon.
---
BUGBOT used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Uxie lost 59% of its health.
WORMHUNTER switched in TIREBOT (lvl 100 Donphan ?).
Uxie used Thunder Wave.
It doesn't affect TIREBOT...
Uxie's leftovers restored its health a little!
Uxie restored 6% of its health.

Enter TireBOT. I picked him up from Pokemon Stadium 2, running races at the track. Boy the blue shit he sprayed when he was runnin - brings a tear to my eye. My boys all grown up now and ready to Choice Band Head Smash whatever is next.
---
gotta have heart has entered the room.
Uxie used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
TIREBOT used Head Smash.
Uxie lost 47% of its health.
TIREBOT was hit by recoil!
TIREBOT lost 24% of its health.
Uxie's leftovers restored its health a little!
Uxie restored 6% of its health.

He survives with 1% of health left and my Donphan is mighty angry. Not only did he get Stealth Rock up but he can come back in and take my CB Earthquakes all day. Nothing really likes taking Head Smashes except bulky steels or Hitmontop, both of whom are annoying but I'd rather see now so lets just scout em out.
---
WORMHUNTER: o lol
WORMHUNTER: 1 hp
gotta have heart: u got the noir?
Uxie used U-turn.
TIREBOT lost 12% of its health.
TIREBOT used Head Smash.
It's not very effective...
Registeel lost 25% of its health.
TIREBOT was hit by recoil!
TIREBOT lost 13% of its health.
Registeel's leftovers restored its health a little!
Registeel restored 6% of its health.

In comes Registeel and I am forced to switch again, otherwise he could wake up and cause serious trouble for my Mismagius. I have a Pokemon perfect for the job though - HoundooM!
---
gotta have heart: i wanna trade for im
WORMHUNTER switched in DEVILBOT (lvl 100 Houndoom ?).
Pointed stones dug into DEVILBOT.
DEVILBOT lost 25% of its health.
Dusknoir. switched in Milotic (lvl 100 Milotic ?).

Nice switch, Milotic now has my Houndoom's back or tail but I'm pretty sure back because he is DEVILBOT and he call bend the laws of reality and all that jazz, anyway - Houndoom's pinned and I am forced to switch. Venusaur is probably the best idea, as this team is already defensive and I need something to take Toxic or Surf.
---
WORMHUNTER switched in SQUASHBOT (lvl 100 Venusaur ?).
Pointed stones dug into SQUASHBOT.
SQUASHBOT lost 12% of its health.
Milotic used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
SQUASHBOT lost 88% of its health.
WORMHUNTER's SQUASHBOT fainted.
Milotic lost 10% of its health.

5-6

Another good prediction here, and things just got crazy like a party with FM. Apparantly he has decided against throwing caution to the wind and playing with defense because he is now throwing Life Orb and prediction into the mix. I personally love teams like this because it can really throw your opponent off their edge when they don't have a clue what's coming next. Anyway, I don't really have anything better to throw at Milotic than Houndoom, who I can weaken severely with Dark Pulse and then revenge with something.
---
DEVILBOT used Dark Pulse.
Milotic lost 46% of its health.
Milotic flinched!

I get a lucky flinch which means Milotic will be switching out. However, I am really confused - This Milotic has Life Orb and Ice Beam, but is only taking 46% from Specs Dark Pulse. I suspect it might have some bulk but maybe Houndoom is just that weak?
---
WORMHUNTER: wtf
Dusknoir. switched in Houndoom (lvl 100 Houndoom ?).
Houndoom lost 40% of its health.

In comes his own Houndoom to take my Dark Pulse. Realizing I need Houndoom for later to combat Registeel, I must switch to Milotic, my answer to all Fire-types.
---
WORMHUNTER switched in MERMAIDBOT (lvl 100 Milotic ?).
Pointed stones dug into MERMAIDBOT.
MERMAIDBOT lost 12% of its health.
Houndoom used Dark Pulse.
A critical hit!
MERMAIDBOT lost 82% of its health.
Houndoom lost 10% of its health.

I am also critted but this is good news, not bad. No one expects Scarf Milotic (there is a certain someone out there who swept me with it before) and it is a handy tool for revenging stuff. Houndoom will look for a KO here with Dark Pulse and I am going to use this to my advantage. I will also take the time to introduce MERMAIDBOT.
---
MERMAIDBOT used Surf.
It's super effective!
Houndoom lost 50% of its health.
Dusknoir.'s Houndoom fainted.

5-5

Surf strikes first and Houndoom is down! With a major offensive threat down, I feel my chances of winning are higher, but I don't know the rest of his team so it should be interesting.
---
Dusknoir. switched in Toxicroak (lvl 100 Toxicroak ?).
WORMHUNTER switched in JEWELBOT (lvl 100 Mismagius ?).
Pointed stones dug into JEWELBOT.
JEWELBOT lost 12% of its health.
Toxicroak used Swords Dance.
Toxicroak's attack was sharply raised.

He catches on quick and brings in Toxicroak, the set-up Pokemon. This thing is ugly to look at and ugly to face, but luckily, I have a solid counter in Mismagius. Since he used Swords Dance, I will use Will-o-Wisp, that way I can cover Poison Jab and Sucker Punch at once. JEWelBOT is always looking to mess up defensive teams with Trick and Will-o-Wisp - and so it will be done!
---
JEWELBOT used Will-o-wisp.
Toxicroak was burned!
Toxicroak used Taunt.
JEWELBOT fell for the taunt!
Toxicroak was hurt by its burn!
Toxicroak lost 12% of its health.

An interesting move, he Taunts, predicting Substitute, as SUBMissy is the common way of defeating Toxicroak since it has many chances to outpredict. Luckily, I don't think he has caught onto the theme of the team and so his Taunt was wasted. However, I am sure he is scratching his head at what exactly this Mismagius is. Regardless, I assume Sucker Punch is the next move out and so I bring back Donphan. This switching will slowly wear down Toxicroak with his burn and with only 2 attacks, he just can't hurt me.

---
Pointed stones dug into TIREBOT.
TIREBOT lost 6% of its health.
Toxicroak used Sucker Punch.
But it failed!
---
Pointed stones dug into JEWELBOT.
JEWELBOT lost 12% of its health.
Toxicroak used Cross Chop.
It doesn't affect JEWELBOT...

Mismagius is back in safely and Toxicroak is almost down for the count. I think now is a safe as time as any to use Trick, as it gives me freedom with my moves and allows me to neuter Registeel or other possible switch-ins.
---
Dusknoir. switched in Venusaur (lvl 100 Venusaur ?).
JEWELBOT used Trick.
JEWELBOT obtained Leftovers!
Venusaur obtained Choice Scarf!
JEWELBOT's leftovers restored its health a little!
JEWELBOT restored 6% of its health.

He brings in his own Venusaur who is now extremely weakened by Choice Scarf. I assume he will Sleep Powder and I have nothing to absorb Sleep so Mismagius will have to do - even while asleep, I can outstall Toxicroak, and Registeel still is going to walk all over me. Some long lasting damage wouldn't hurt my case here either so let's see what's next :)
---
JEWELBOT used Will-o-wisp.
Venusaur was burned!
Venusaur used Sleep Powder.
Venusaur's attack missed!
Venusaur was hurt by its burn!
Venusaur lost 12% of its health.

Sleep Powder misses but Shadow Ball won't KO anyway. The fact that Venusaur was slower than my Modest Mismagius is also a clear indication that this is likely a SubSEED variant, meaning it is completely useless anyway. Ok, you caught me - I'm try to not feel bad about the miss :(
---
JEWELBOT used Shadow Ball.
Venusaur lost 30% of its health.
Venusaur used Sleep Powder.
JEWELBOT fell asleep!

Mismagius falls asleep, having done a good job in the battle, taking down 2 Pokemon by herself. With a free switch-in, I bring back in my Houndoom who's repeated SR absorbing (lol) has made him very weak.
---
Dusknoir. switched in Toxicroak (lvl 100 Toxicroak ?).

He decides to make the switch to Toxicroak - I assume Sucker Punch since the KO is imminent but I have other plans - mainly, ones that involve my Scyther being safe...
---
Pointed stones dug into TIREBOT.
TIREBOT lost 6% of its health.
Toxicroak used Sucker Punch.
But it failed!

Finally, a free Rapid Spin - Scyther is saved!
---
Toxicroak used Swords Dance.
Toxicroak's attack was sharply raised.
TIREBOT used Rapid Spin.
TIREBOT blew away the pointed stones!
Toxicroak lost 17% of its health.

I did a lot more than he was probably expecting and he also decided to Swords Dance again, but to both of us, it is clear that Toxicroak just won't be killing anything today. I switch one final time to Mismagius to end the sweep.
---
Toxicroak used Cross Chop.
It doesn't affect JEWELBOT...
Toxicroak lost 9% of its health.
Dusknoir.'s Toxicroak fainted.
---
Milotic used Recover.
Milotic restored 50% of its health.

5-4

With Toxicroak dead and a sleeping Mismagius, he took the time to bring in his true final threat - LO Milotic. He is going to get free recovery here, but I can at least redamage him with Houndoom, allowing Scyther to kill with Aerial Ace.
---
Milotic lost 46% of its health.
Milotic used Hydro Pump.
It's super effective!
DEVILBOT lost 26% of its health.
WORMHUNTER's DEVILBOT fainted.

4-4

Houndoom tried his best but even he fell victim to this EEL. (not mine though, mine is magestic =[). I have a feeling that he won't be sacrificing Milotic to Scyther though, so I choose to U-Turn, incase he brings in Registeel.
---
Dusknoir. switched in Uxie (lvl 100 Uxie).
BUGBOT used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Uxie lost 7% of its health.
Dusknoir.'s Uxie fainted.

4-3

He decides to bring in Uxie as fodder, and I decide Milotic is the safest Pokemon to bring in, as it can outspeed and bait his own Pokemon.
---
Dusknoir. switched in Venusaur (lvl 100 Venusaur ?).
Venusaur used Sludge Bomb.
A critical hit!
BUGBOT lost 90% of its health.

He responded with a Venusaur, and since Venusaur simply can not hurt Scyther, I thought it would be wise to make this sudden switch. However, Scyther gets whacked by Sludge Bomb and is now at rope's end with no recovery. I have to move quickly, and since I outsped with Mismagius, I see no reason why Scyther won't also outspeed.
---
BUGBOT used Aerial Ace.
It's super effective!
Venusaur lost 32% of its health.
Dusknoir.'s Venusaur fainted.

4-2

Venusaur is dead but this battle is truly becoming heated. With Donphan, 10% Scyther, Sleeping Mismagius and 6% Milotic remaining on my side while Sleeping Registeel and LO Milotic remain on his, anything could happen and it will likely come down to prediction.
---

He switches in Registeel, ready to take the next Aerial Ace. This is a really difficult desicion for me now. If he switches to Milotic, I could finish him off with Aerial Ace, but he if stays in and wakes up, I could get KOed with any attack. I unfortunately can't take the risk and am forced to switch out to Donphan.

He has no regrets either though and brings out Milotic, giving him his chance to Recover once again. It is time to throw all my chips on the table and once again weaken him with Milotic.
---
Milotic used Recover.
---
MERMAIDBOT used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Milotic lost 36% of its health.
Milotic used Ice Beam.
MERMAIDBOT lost 6% of its health.
WORMHUNTER's MERMAIDBOT fainted.

3-2

His Milotic finishes me off with Ice Beam, leaving the score much more even.
---

Perhaps it is the adrenaline running, but I know he is going to switch and so I go against U-Turning to bring in Donphan. I just know he is going Registeel and it won't matter either way if I am right so let's just hope for the best...

Registeel's leftovers restored its health a little!
Registeel restored 6% of its health.

Finally! After many conservative plays early on, an aggressive play late guarantees me victory. CB Donphan's Earthquake will wear out Recover regardless, especially with LO after he attacks, and he can't switch in Milotic anyway.
---
TIREBOT used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Registeel lost 87% of its health.
Dusknoir.'s Registeel fainted.

3-1

With Registeel dead from Earthquake, Milotic is the only Pokemon that remains.
---
Milotic used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
TIREBOT lost 38% of its health.
WORMHUNTER's TIREBOT fainted.

2-1

Fighting to the bitter end, Milotic Ice Beams Donphan but is now in certain kill range for Scyther's Aerial Ace.
---
WORMHUNTER: gg
Dusknoir.: gg
BUGBOT used Aerial Ace.
Milotic lost 33% of its health.
Dusknoir.'s Milotic fainted.
WORMHUNTER wins!

2-0

GG :D

Props:
- Fun match, interesting combination of offense/defense on his part
- He seems like a nice enough guy
- Scarf Milotic is a good Pokemon, so thanks Aldaron

Slops:
- I don't think the luck was anything major, but if there was one thing I would change, it would certainly be not U-Turning at the end. The end result would have been the same either way but with just a bit more damage.

this was just a look inside my head when i battle hope you guys thought it was as fun as i did when playing =x

Very fun to read, Ill have to try scarf Milo sometime. How good does it work for you? Is it just best at getting surprise kills or does it revenge well?

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That was a pretty good battle. Trick-WoW on any kind of Ghost is amazing. Scarf Milo was pretty cool. 8/10

Oh, and:
I get a lucky flinch which means Milotic will be switching out. However, I am really confused - This Milotic has Life Orb and Ice Beam, but is only taking 46% from Specs Dark Pulse. I suspect it might have some bulk but maybe Houndoom is just that weak?
Life Orb tank Milotic, maybe?? Specs Houndoom is awesome, don't let that deter you from using it.

Mmhmm...7.5/10 on the battle. The overall fighting was good, but the commentary could use some added graphical updates to make me feel like I'm 'in the battle' more.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I really enjoyed reading this, it made me want to use Scyther. I also liked the simplicity of presentation.

Really good game, kd24, and just to clear things up, I'm Dusknoir lol. Man you got me with that ScarfMilotic and Mismagius, and Venusaur basically got to do nothing this match, which is sad. But again, gg!

My only complaint about this warstory would be the lack of percentage. I really wanted to know how much Toxi had left after continuous switching. The format as it is was fine, just wanted to throw that out there.

That said the battle was great and your commetary was well thought out. Nice warstory as expected from you.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
That was a great battle with some great (also humorous) commenting.

8/10
I used Scarflotic back when it was a gimmick. (hehe)

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Milotic used Recover.

5-4

With Toxicroak dead and a sleeping Mismagius, he took the time to bring in his true final threat, LO Mismagius ... (he switched in Milotic o_o)
You should probably change that =0

8/10 because all the weird capitalization annoyed me :X

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Yeah i think percentages would be pretty cool to add too.

Anyway great battle i really enjoyed reading it and watching it (ps i am NOT gotta have heart..)

Double commentary would also add to this very good warstory.

I didn't like how you were in control most of the match :P it sometimes felt a little bit one sided though your opponent was clearly decent.

More warstories from you plix.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm liking the battle and the commentary, a bit more insight into your thought process in the early-to-mid stages of the battle would've made it nicer, but it's pretty good as it is (and pretty funny). I hate to say it, but I'm not loving the formatting =/ I'm kind of a stickler when it comes to removing nicknames for warstories, and health percentages each turn would've been really useful.

Overall, it was pretty good though. I used ScarfLotic for a while, too. lol.

Double commentary/percentages would've been nice, as previously mentioned, but nonetheless it was a good battle and read. I liked the Choice team in particular.

Makes me kinda want to use ScarfMilotic.

I personally think that percentages would be helpful for this warstory, and I'm agreeing with dbcb on it being hard to read. Other than that, great warstory and battle!

EDIT: kd24, I just finished battling someone using your team, and I used my team from "Expecting the Unexpected." By chance, did I fight you? We had a good battle, in my opinion. Either way, your team (whether you used it or not) demolished mine. Props for using a great team!

This was a very good read, especially because of using scarf milotic. I used it 2 months ago, and it killed at least one pokemon a battle. Perhaps was I the one who used it? I never saw anyone else who used it.
5/5

Ah, ScarfTic... The catch all answer to Moltres back when Froslass roamed UU... You switch in on a Fire Blast, Air Slash whatever and by the look of the damage they think you are offensive and they will KO the next turn with HP [Grass]... Only to be met with a swift OHKO to the beak with Surf.

Nice battle! Choiced themed teams are always fun

nice warstory... cb donphan looks pretty cool! but wasn't milotic at 43% at the end? so uturn would kill it even if you mispredict = zero risk. not a big deal though just something i thought was kinda weird.

Nice... the battle was a little bit haxy, but not too much for my taste. 9/10, just because the format was a little bit boring.

Funnily enough I've run both ScarfMilotic and CBDonphan at times. And all the same team members as you in the same order at once, just with different sets. Fun stuff.

breh

強いだね
Pretty interesting battle; looked fun. Lots of uniques pokes were cool and the predictions were great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)