Those guys everyone hates

Hello, this is my first RMT on smogon (Though I do loads at Serebii) but since the people at smogon seem to be very good, I'll try this team on here.

This team usually ends with a +6 Kyogre Sweep, but it has ended in almost every other way.

Feel free to leave lengthy rates, I really like those. Just be nice since I'm not too experianced yet.

Deoxys-S @ Lum Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- ExtremeSpeed
- Superpower
This is a slightly revised Deoxys-S, and is mostly for countering commonly seen leads, and Darkrai and Tyranitar, who would give this team trouble. Taunt stops my opponent from Rocking at all and Spikes is a source of entry hazards, and possibly my only hope of beating Arceus-Steel. Extremespeed cleans up weakened pokemon, and Superpower OHKO's Tyranitar and Darkrai, who usually stays in, in hope of me having a Focus Sash.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Boil Over
Kyogre is really lazy. He just sits there like a beached whale. Calm Mind provides me with some defensive power and Rest gives me a form of recovery. Sleep Talk works in conjunction with Rest to allow me to have a move, and counter Darkrai. Boil Over for the massive powered double STAB rain gives it, with that awesome burn chance, increasing it's defense making it quite literally impossible to OHKO. And from a stat that high....

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 64 SAtk / 196 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Claw
Giratina is my spinblocker just because I hate having my hazards blown away. Outrage and Dragon Claw are both used in case I need power or Longevity. Since Forretress comes out before Kyogre, Hidden Power Fire destroys it. Shadow Sneak lets me pick of at weakened pokemon. I like Giratina too, so why not?

Nattorei (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip
- Explosion
Oh god, Nattorei. Nattorei handles every common weakness in Ubers barring Ice, which Kyogre can handle. With weakness out of the way, Stealth Rock can severely hinder the opponent, and Thunder Wave will allow most of my team to outspeed even Deoxys-S. Power Whip is for Kyogre while Explosion is pretty much for anything Power Whip won't hit.

Arceus @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SpD
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Surf
- Judgement
Arceus Ghost functions as a counter to SD Arceus and Shandera who would tear this team apart. If Giratina dies, he can also be a back up Spinblocker, but that isn't really his function. He can easily handle them both with his amazing natural bulk, which needs almost no investment thanks to a good HP Stat. Will-O-Wisp can help the other members of my team to attack them, as it doesn't matter since both of their attacks (or at least the ones that can actually hit him) will do less than 50%. Then, I can switch into an appropriate counter or OHKO with Jusgement to Arceus or Shanderaa, respectively. Surf is mainly their just as an extra utility against other pokemon that I can't hit.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Aqua Tail
Palkia finishes as my revenge killer. He can also function as a Late Game Sweeper. Surf with a stat of 399 is huge coming from 190 base power. Draco Meteor OHKO's opposing Giratina after Hazard damage, and may OHKO Giratina-O. Outrage and Aqua Tail handle Special Defenders like Psych Up or Calm Mind Blissey.

Ok, just a few things. Your probably better putting Stealth Rock on Deoxys and Spikes on Nattorei since Nattorei is far more bulky and will be more likely to get a few layers down. Also with Palkia,your own Kyogre, Nattorei and alot of entry hazards I'm not sure your team needs Gastrodon to take attacks from Kyogre. You're also quite weak to most CM Arceus if Kyogre goes down, even with Kyogre you will struggle against some types. I'd reccommend that you change Surf to Boil Over on Kyogre since despite a slight power loss you can burn physical attackers that threaten CM Kyogre. Other than that this seems like a pretty solid team.

That's pretty cool, I never have made a team this succesful. But unless someone gives me something to replace it with, Gastrodon stays. He seems pretty helpful since no Kyogre can abuse my own rain, even though this is not a rain team.

I think maybe some kind of defensive Arceus, maybe Ghost, Steel or Normal to replace Gastrodon since the combination of Shandera + SD Arceus will destroy your team, since Shandera traps and removes your best counter to it in Nattorei (yes, even in Rain) so incorporating that might work. Defensive Arceus with Will-O-Wisp can also help check many offensive threats that might run riot if Nattorei is removed.

Sounds like a good idea. I think I will use Arceus-Ghost as it has a Fighting Immunity and Nattorei has a Ghost and Dark resistance so they can easily. It also is a handy spinblocker. Basically, they handle both of each others weaknesses, though Arceus still take full blast (or half in the rain) of Fire attacks.

This should do:

Arceus @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SpD
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Surf
- Judgement

Nitpick: Calm is -Atk, Careful is -SpA, you want Impish on Nattorei (+Def, -SpA) rather than lowering your attack, and Jolly Nature on Deoxys is +Spd, -SpA

Arceus is better off with a fighting move over Surf to KO Arceus, but I suppose Surf can do fine too if you want. Also, Giratina seems a little useless type-wise as you probably can get a different wallbreaker to do what he does, but without the extra ghost liability. Merry Christmas!

Lamppost

I put the milk in first
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
just a few things:

on deoxys i really think you should put a focus sash over lum. its just better overall except for in those situations you mentioned.

instead of taunt you might want to go a different route and try t-wave?
instead of stopping other leads you could get your rocks up and save deox for late game and cripple a poke like mewtwo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)