Three Type 'Mons (Accepting Council Applications)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I support making Garchomp Dragon/Ground/Flying. It has those huge wing things and Pokedex entries talk about it. It should get Acrobatics and Air Slash as well. Mega Garchomp should stay Dragon/Ground though.
Blastoise and Mega Blastoise should be Water/Steel because of the cannons mostly. It has Flash Cannon, Iron Tail and Gyro Ball to use already and it gets Iron Defense too.
I also think that Empoleon should be Water/Steel/Ice because penguin's can't fly and penguins live in icy regions.
Noivern could be Flying/Dragon/Dark for essentially the same reason as Crobat: being nocturnal and living in caves.
100%, though I'm considering making Bug take neutral damage from Rock for that exact reason.

Also I haven't added these to the OP yet, but I'm wanting to include them:
  • Genesect: Bug/Steel/Normal (With normal changing to match its held Drive, Mega Launcher as the ability on regular Gene, Download as the ability on its Alternate Forms, and Water Pulse added to its movepool)
  • Rotom-N: Ghost/Electric/Normal
  • Zekrom: Dragon/Ice/Electric
  • Aerodactyl: Rock/Flying/Dragon
  • Garchomp: Dragon/Ground/Water
  • Hippowdon: Ground/Water
  • Siesmitoad: Water/Ground/Poison
Zeral has done something similar with Genesect in his pet mod Gen-NEXT, so you could probably steal some code from him if you felt like it.
Normal Genesect should just stay Normal IMO, but it would be great for its formes to change type.
I would be fine if Rotom changed type or stayed the same.
Dragon/Electric/Ice definitely works for Black Kyurem.
I like Aerodactyl being part Dragon if only because Lance had it on both of his teams.
Even though Garchomp is a land shark, Flying fits it so much better than Water. (though it does already get Surf...)
Ground/Water Hippowdon seems fine. That mud had to have come from somewhere.
Seismitoad being part-Poison definitely fits.

Why is Zekrom Ice type?
Whoops, I meant Kyurem-B, because it's Kyruem mixed with Zekrom.
Some ideas:
Girafarig- Normal/Psychic/Dark
Justification: It has a dark colored tail that bites people who gets near (Bite is a dark type move)
Fun Fact: Despite it's Pokedex entries, Girafarig can't learn Bite.
Also, its tale doesn't bite things because of any sort of aggressive nature, it's just mindless and instinctive.
Breloom- Grass/Fighting/Poison
Justification: Pokedex entries tells us Breloom uses toxic spores. He is also a mushroom :3
That's compleatly legitimate reasoning, but I already made it Grass/Fighting/Fairy because it's in the Fairy Egg Group FSR, so I'm just gonna stick with that, since I use egg groups as my justifications for most things.
Gastrodon- Water/Ground/Poison
Justification: He is slugish and sprays purple haze when fleeing from a battle. Also he is in the Amorphous Egg group which contains other slugish poison pokemon (Grimer, Gulpin)
Good enough for me.
Toxicroak- Poison/Fighting/Dark
Justification: Learns variaty of dark moves. Used by team galactic, which is evil :3
I remember thinking of this a long time ago, and then deciding not to because I didn't want to make the only thing x4 weak to Psychic immune to Psychic, but that's a stupid reason. Gonna add to the OP.
I support making Garchomp Dragon/Ground/Flying. It has those huge wing things and Pokedex entries talk about it. It should get Acrobatics and Air Slash as well. Mega Garchomp should stay Dragon/Ground though.
Alright, more people support Flying, so I'll go with Dragon/Ground/Flying. Accrobatics and Air Slash included.
Blastoise and Mega Blastoise should be Water/Steel because of the cannons mostly. It has Flash Cannon, Iron Tail and Gyro Ball to use already and it gets Iron Defense too.
This one actually makes sense, unlike other people's suggestions for Steel types, since the cannons are actually made out of metal.
I also think that Empoleon should be Water/Steel/Ice because penguin's can't fly and penguins live in icy regions.
Dodrio is based on a flightless bird as well, yet it is flying type. I gave in on Garchomp, but I am sticking to my guns on Empoleon and Blaziken, although no one has complained about the latter. Water/Steel/Flying is actually competitively viable, and it still matches flavor standards set by GameFreak. (Also some penguins live in warmer climates)
Noivern could be Flying/Dragon/Dark for essentially the same reason as Crobat: being nocturnal and living in caves.
With a very strong relation to the night, I'll give Noivern Dark typing.

Also, I've decided against changing the type chart. Volcarona can impale itself on Stealth Rocks for all I care. We are sticking as close as possible to standard, with just making changes on an individual Pokemon basis, because simplicity is its own reward.

will volcarona take 75% or 100% from stealth rock now?
100%, though I'm considering making Bug take neutral damage from Rock for that exact reason.

• Genesect: Bug/Steel/Normal (With normal changing to match its held Drive, Mega Launcher as the ability on regular Gene, Download as the ability on its Alternate Forms, and Water Pulse added to its movepool)
Zeral has done something similar with Genesect in his pet mod Gen-NEXT, so you could probably steal some code from him if you felt like it.

Why is Zekrom Ice type?
he meant kyurem-black
Some ideas:
Girafarig- Normal/Psychic/Dark
Justification: It has a dark colored tail that bites people who gets near (Bite is a dark type move)
Breloom- Grass/Fighting/Poison
Justification: Pokedex entries tells us Breloom uses toxic spores. He is also a mushroom :3
Gastrodon- Water/Ground/Poison
Justification: He is slugish and sprays purple haze when fleeing from a battle. Also he is in the Amorphous Egg group which contains other slugish poison pokemon (Grimer, Gulpin)
Toxicroak- Poison/Fighting/Dark
Justification: Learns variaty of dark moves. Used by team galactic, which is evil :3

Thats all that i see you don't have here :3
I already suggested gastrodon.

You're giving hippowdown the water type but not krookodile?

Water-Steel. Justification: Steel cannons, learns several steel moves.
Normal-Fairy. Justification: retains its old normal type.
Fire-Psychic-Ghost. Justification: based on kitsunes, learns many Psychic and Ghost type moves. Movepool: +Shadow Ball.
Poison-Water. Justification: based on water pollution. Movepool: +Aqua Jet, +Waterfall, +Surf
Poison-Flying. Justification: based on air pollution. Now has the ability Aftermath. Movepool: +Air Slash, +Hurricane, +Defog

Eeveelutions [type]-Normal. Justification: retain Normal from Eevee.
Rock-Water-Bug. Justification: based on a marine arthropode.
Rock-Flying-Dragon. Justification: Dragon like, and iirc it is considered the ancestor of Dragons by Lance, but I could be wrong. Movepool: +Draco Meteor
Normal-Fairy-Fighting. Justification: Normal is its old typing. Fighting because bulldogs were originally fighting dogs, as shown also by Close Combat in its movepool.
Psychic-Flying-Water. Justification: c'mon, are u srs.
Bug-Ground-Ghost. Justification: retains Ground from Nincada. Movepool: +Earthquake
Normal-Dragon-Fying. Justification: retains Normal from Swablu.
Grass-Flying-Dragon. Justification: it's a dinosaur and it learns Dragon Dance and other dragon moves. Movepool: +Draco Meteor
Ghost-Normal-Dark. Justification: in search of venegance.
Psychic-Poison. Justification: a virus. Movepool: +Sludge Bomb, +Sludge Wave.
Fighting-Steel-Psychic. Justification: psychic powers.
Grass-Fairy. Justification: pixie.
Grass-Flying-Fairy. Justification: ^
Dark-Psychic. Justification: dreams involve mind, mirrors Cresselia.
Grass-Fairy-Flying. Based on a cotton ball, learns bloody Hurricane.
Grass-Fairy. Justification: looks a lot like a fairy. Movepool +Moonblast.
Dark-Fighting-Dragon. Justification: a lizard, learns a lot of Dragon moves. Movepool: +Draco Meteor
Poison-Ground. Justification: based on land pollution. Movepool: +Earthquake, +Earth Power
Electric-Poison-Water. Justification: based on a lamprey. Movepool: +Surf, +Hydro Pump, +Scald
Normal-Flying-Fighting. Justification: brave Pokémon which fights for FREEDOM.
Fire-Steel. Justification: based on a motor. Movepool: +Iron Head, +Flash Cannon.
Dark-Dragon-Flying. Justification: flies. Movepool: +Hurricane, +Air Slash. New ability is Sheer Force.
Bug-Steel-[drive type]. Justification: gives drives a niche, and, well, makes sense.
Fairy-Poison. Justification: based on plague doctors. Movepool: +Sludge Bomb, +Sludge Wave.
Rock-Water-Fighting. Justification: savage Pokémon, most of its foregin names refers to its violent nature.
Dragon-Poison-Water. Justification: what others said.
Fairy-Rock. Justification: Gems on its horns. Movepool: +Power Gem
Dark-Flying-Poison. Justification: based on death, and according to some, even on the Yersina Pestis bacteria. Movepool: +Sludge Bomb, +Sludge Wave, +Gunk Shot.

Also no Water-Ground Hippowdon plox. it may be based on a water animal, but the Pokémon itself has nothing to do with Water, that thing coming outside of its body is sand, not mud. Same for Krookodile.

Last edited:
Well, in his movie (which was actually pretty cool from what I remember) he seemed more like a ghost type to me. He was like 100 years old and could pass through solid objects. Bad dreams are also usually associated with ghosts and other monsters. 'Dreams involve the mind' might be a more realistic way of looking at it but this is Pokemon, where folklore holds more weight than science.

Dark / Ghost isn't even that good of a typing anymore because of redundant coverage and loss of bug, ghost and dark resistances.
Dark-Fighting-Dragon. Justification: a lizard, learns a lot of Dragon moves. Movepool: +Draco Meteor
I would say lizards aren't freaking dragons but now that Mega-Sceptile exists... f u gamefreak listening to damn fanboys again
Dark-Dragon-Flying. Justification: flies. Movepool: +Hurricane, +Air Slash. New ability is Sheer Force.
I would have said it has wings, heh. You know, cos stuff like Bronzong and Magnezone 'fly'.
Fairy-Rock. Justification: Gems on its horns. Movepool: +Power Gem
I suppose ground typing could work well too? It gives off this 'protecting the land' kind of feeling to me. I haven't played any of the main games though.

You're giving hippowdown the water type but not krookodile?
Hippowdon actually has mud around it, which is a direct connection to water since dirt/sand + water = mud. Krookodile has no connection to water other than being a crocodile and only really has a connection to dry sand. Besides, we have Feraligatr. :)

I have really got to finish updating the OP.
Water-Steel. Justification: Steel cannons, learns several steel moves.
Rock-Flying-Dragon. Justification: Dragon like, and iirc it is considered the ancestor of Dragons by Lance, but I could be wrong. Movepool: +Draco Meteor
Bug-Ground-Ghost. Justification: retains Ground from Nincada. Movepool: +Earthquake
Bug-Steel-[drive type]. Justification: gives drives a niche, and, well, makes sense.
These are things that I already meant to add to the OP, but hadn't because I was too lazy to look for the sprites last night, so thanks for grabbing the sprites for me. :)

These are things you suggested which I am rejecting, although some of them I plan to revisit at a later time.
Normal-Fairy. Justification: retains its old normal type. Since normal was removed completely, and it's much more Fairy than Normal, I'll stick with Pure Fairy. It's not like their is a shortage of Normal/Fairys in here lol.
Poison-Flying. Justification: based on air pollution. Now has the ability Aftermath. Movepool: +Air Slash, +Hurricane, +Defog I may turn around on this, but I don't really want to replace Levitate with Flying subtype.
Fire-Psychic-Ghost. Justification: based on kitsunes, learns many Psychic and Ghost type moves. Movepool: +Shadow Ball. I changed my mind on this 3 or 4 times while writing this response lol.

Eeveelutions [type]-Normal. Justification: retain Normal from Eevee. On the fence about this.
Normal-Dragon-Fying. Justification: retains Normal from Swablu. I'm eventually gonna add a LC/NFE section, but in this mod Swablu is Normal/Flying/Fairy, and Altaria is retaining the Fairy type.
Grass-Fairy-Flying. Based on a cotton ball, learns bloody Hurricane. ...How the hell? No, this is pushing in on Jumpluff's turf too much.
Poison-Ground. Justification: based on land pollution. Movepool: +Earthquake, +Earth Power Made out of trash, not ground.
Dark-Fighting-Dragon. Justification: a lizard, learns a lot of Dragon moves. Movepool: +Draco Meteor I feel like we'll need some sort of clearer distinction of what Reptilians are and aren't Dragons. Once I figure one out, I'll revisit this.
Dark-Dragon-Flying. Justification: flies. Movepool: +Hurricane, +Air Slash. New ability is Sheer Force. See Weezing.
Fairy-Poison. Justification: based on plague doctors. Movepool: +Sludge Bomb, +Sludge Wave. That's a fun fact if I ever heard one. But, doctors attempt to cure things,
Dragon-Poison-Water. Justification: what others said. Perhaps I should put this up for vote.
Psychic-Flying-Water. Justification: c'mon, are u srs. I'll add this if I add Ubers
Dark-Psychic. Justification: dreams involve mind, mirrors Cresselia. I'll add this if I add Ubers
Fairy-Rock. Justification: Gems on its horns. Movepool: +Power Gem I might add this if I add Ubers
Dark-Flying-Poison. Justification: based on death, and according to some, even on the Yersina Pestis bacteria. Movepool: +Sludge Bomb, +Sludge Wave, +Gunk Shot. I'll add this if I add Ubers.
These are the ones I'm accepting.
Poison-Water. Justification: based on water pollution. Movepool: +Aqua Jet, +Waterfall, +Surf Muk is made out of a liquid sludge, so I'll give this a pass. Also +10 to all stats
Normal-Fairy-Fighting. Justification: Normal is its old typing. Fighting because bulldogs were originally fighting dogs, as shown also by Close Combat in its movepool. Unlike Clefable, I feel like Normal is still a good fit here. Fighting was suggested before, but you gave a better justification, so I'll accept it this time. Also +10 to all stats, +Drain Punch.
Ghost-Normal-Dark. Justification: in search of venegance. It is pretty vengefull. Also, +Play Rough, because doll and such.
Psychic-Poison. Justification: a virus. Movepool: +Sludge Bomb, +Sludge Wave. I'm a sucker for unique types. Sure.
Fighting-Steel-Psychic. Justification: psychic powers.
Grass-Fairy. Justification: pixie. Meant to include this in the first place.
Grass-Flying-Fairy. Justification: ^ Ability change to Natural Cure.
Grass-Fairy. Justification: looks a lot like a fairy. Movepool +Moonblast. So many Grass/Fairys.
Electric-Poison-Water. Justification: based on a lamprey. Movepool: +Surf, +Hydro Pump, +Scald This makes is a lot like Rotom-W, except Poison instead of Ghost, and bulkier with a better movepool.
Normal-Flying-Fighting. Justification: brave Pokémon which fights for FREEDOM.
Fire-Steel. Justification: based on a motor. Movepool: +Iron Head, +Flash Cannon.
Rock-Water-Bug. Justification: based on a marine arthropode.
Rock-Water-Fighting. Justification: savage Pokémon, most of its foregin names refers to its violent nature. +Drain Punch
I gotta leave for now, but when I get time today I will add all the needed changes to the OP.

Last edited:
Also no Water-Ground Hippowdon plox. it may be based on a water animal, but the Pokémon itself has nothing to do with Water, that thing coming outside of its body is sand, not mud. Same for Krookodile.

Electric-Poison-Water. Justification: based on a lamprey. Movepool: +Surf, +Hydro Pump, +Scald
You're suggesting that we do exactly that with Eelektross. Make up your mind, man. (Also, y no Waterfall)

canno

formerly The Reptile
Dark / Fairy makes more sense because of the mirroring of cress (it's getting a Fairy-type too), and it also has connections to the moon (also not as obvious as Cresselia)

Well, I'm trying to give better arguments for some of the ones that you are iffy about it.
Since you are basing most retypes also on egg groups, Scrafty actually belongs to the Dragon egg group. Movepool is also an indication, and Scafty learns more dragon moves than any of the dragon retypings on this mod, only second to Charizard. So, look wise it kinda fits, being a reptile, egg-group wise it certainly fits, and movepool wise it also arguably fits. Don't see why not.
You could ask why this is Flying type and stuff like Bronzong is not. The point is that Weezing is made of air, and reflects air pollution, and thus, since there is no Air type, Flying is the closest fit, as shown by Rayquaza and Tornadus-Incarnate. i can understand you fear to make Weezing defensively worse, tho. If you will be convinced about this, I would like also to see ground type Garbodor, if only to fit the theme, but it can also be argued that chemical sludges and crap like that are enough for a Ground type.
Flying type on Hydreigon certainly makes sense, no need to explain why, and while a mixed bag defensively, it is unarguably only helpful offensively, even fixing the issue of its dreaded Fairy allergia to an extent as as even SDef Clefable is 2HKOed by Hurricane after SR, and that's WHITOUT Sheer Force. It certainly isn't gamebreaking, but is a really appreciated buff to a mon fallen from grace. And, if levitate is your concern, I'm pretty sure it has it only because it can't be Dark-Dragon-Flying in the actual game.

You're suggesting that we do exactly that with Eelektross. Make up your mind, man. (Also, y no Waterfall)
Except Eelektross actually lives near and inside water.

Well, I'm trying to give better arguments for some of the ones that you are iffy about it.
Since you are basing most retypes also on egg groups, Scrafty actually belongs to the Dragon egg group. Movepool is also an indication, and Scafty learns more dragon moves than any of the dragon retypings on this mod, only second to Charizard. So, look wise it kinda fits, being a reptile, egg-group wise it certainly fits, and movepool wise it also arguably fits. Don't see why not.
If I had taken a moment to look at its Bulbapedia page, I would have approved it the first time, lol.
You could ask why this is Flying type and stuff like Bronzong is not. The point is that Weezing is made of air, and reflects air pollution, and thus, since there is no Air type, Flying is the closest fit, as shown by Rayquaza and Tornadus-Incarnate. i can understand you fear to make Weezing defensively worse, tho. If you will be convinced about this, I would like also to see ground type Garbodor, if only to fit the theme, but it can also be argued that chemical sludges and crap like that are enough for a Ground type.
I'm gonna give flying only to Birds, Bugs and Dragons. Speaking of which...
Flying type on Hydreigon certainly makes sense, no need to explain why, and while a mixed bag defensively, it is unarguably only helpful offensively, even fixing the issue of its dreaded Fairy allergia to an extent as as even SDef Clefable is 2HKOed by Hurricane after SR, and that's WHITOUT Sheer Force. It certainly isn't gamebreaking, but is a really appreciated buff to a mon fallen from grace. And, if levitate is your concern, I'm pretty sure it has it only because it can't be Dark-Dragon-Flying in the actual game.
Yeah, you're right, Levitate is a stand in for Flying type on him. This is also true for Lati@s, so I'll make them Dragon/Psychic/Flying.

What abilities should replace Levitate on Latios and Latias?

How about Analytic for the Latis since they are so intelligent? Or maybe a watery ability like Hydration since they learn so many water moves like Dive and Waterfall.

Except Eelektross actually lives near and inside water.
Since when? The entire evolutionary line has only been found on land in caves. Only Eelektross's Dex entries mention living in water, but Dex entries are known for inaccuracy anyway. They're also not in any of the three Water Egg Groups.

Since when? The entire evolutionary line has only been found on land in caves. Only Eelektross's Dex entries mention living in water, but Dex entries are known for inaccuracy anyway. They're also not in any of the three Water Egg Groups.
"They crawl out of the ocean using their arms. They will attack prey on shore and immediately drag it into the ocean." As you said, this may be inaccurate.
But, Eelektross is the EleFish Pokémon. It has "Fish" in his species name, which suggest he does have a relation to water in some sort.

So basically if you're a lawyer and come with good arguments/justifications you can get almost any type you want on any pokemon.
Also:

" Poison-Ground. Justification: based on land pollution. Movepool: +Earthquake, +Earth Power Made out of trash, not ground."

Could you please name one pokemon that is ground type and made out of ground?
Not even diglett is made out of ground.

And trash consists of both plastic and metal most of the time. So therefore it should be poison-steel.
So I'd give it poison-ground-steel.

And I could give you plenty of good arguments and justifications, but I'm not a lawyer and it's just a game ffs.

Hippowdon actually has mud around it, which is a direct connection to water since dirt/sand + water = mud. Krookodile has no connection to water other than being a crocodile and only really has a connection to dry sand. Besides, we have Feraligatr. :)
ffs mate. If we're gonna start nit picking that much:
take a closer look. All that is coming out of hippowdon is dry desert sand.
The ground surrounding dugtrio is more moist than hippowdon's. So let's make dugtrio water as well shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)