Tournament TLT: Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion

Banner and approval by sirDonovan
the wait is over
Welcome to the sixth week of TLT! Throughout this tournament, players will battle in a best-of-three format each round, with Smogon's standard tiers being the metagames played. This tournament is also double elimination, so if you're defeated once, you're still in the loser's portion of the bracket.

The tiers that will be played are:

SM Ubers
SM OU
SM UU
SM RU
SM NU
SM LC
SM Doubles OU

In order to fairly determine the three of these seven tiers played in each individual matchup, players will take turns eliminating tiers among themselves. They'll both eliminate two tiers, thus leaving three tiers to be played. The lower seeded player will eliminate the first tier, followed by the higher seed player, and it will repeat in that order once more. The higher seed player picks what tier is played first of the three tiers. After that, the loser of game one picks which of the two tiers is played for game two. Naturally, game three will be played in the last remaining tier.

(Example: Eyan is a one seed, while Natalie is a sixteen seed. Natalie, the lower seed, chooses to first eliminate UU. Eyan follows with RU. Natalie then eliminates Doubles OU, and Eyan eliminates LC. Of the three tiers remaining, Eyan, the higher seed, chooses to play NU first. Eyan then loses game one, and chooses to play OU next. Should it go to game three, the game mode would be Ubers.)

Basic tournament rules - you should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for three days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Substitutions will be made only for rounds one & two, with round two subs only being allowed for any participants in the loser's bracket.

Round Six Winners Bracket Matchups
FMG vs peachycl0uds
Xiri
vs TheFranklin
SMB vs parivard
Jrdn vs BigBoy038
Round Six Losers Bracket Matchups
MJ
vs Hell Rayquaza11
London13 vs Hamhamhamham
Jrsmash9 vs MiyoKa
Pradhaaan vs The Cheesen One
As always, the higher seed is on the left side of the matchups.
As of Round Four & onward, USUM is legal to be played as the metagame for a set instead of SM if both players agree to it.
The deadline for this round is December 17th, 11:59pm (GMT -5)
The deadline for the extension is December 13th, 11:59pm (GMT -5)

Last edited:
Early Predictions:
winners
FMG vs Peachyclouds :FMG is overall more solid i think
Xiri vs TheFranklin :Snow Jiniri for sure
SMB vs Parivard :Definitely the highlight match i wanna give it to parivard but SMB has been more solid in my opinion
Jrdn vs BigBoy038:Jrdn is my dark horse of the tournament and even though BigBoy038 has performed well i will give it to Jrdn
losers
MJ vs Hell Rayquaza11 :I think i done well enough in this tournament reaching top 16 i don't think i can go any further
London13 vs (Hamhamhamham vs bdov) :Both bdov and London13 are good players but ham is on another level honestly
Jrsmash9 vs Miyoka :Miyoka beat chloe AND overdragoon and showed dominant performance so i think he will win
Pradhaaan vs The Cheesen One:Close

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
Predictables

Round Six Winners Bracket Matchups
FMG
vs peachycl0uds - Someone who I've yet to predict against, and confused why people have predicted against him up until this point. Man's hot
Xiri vs TheFranklin - Last I remember xiri had a solid series vs MJ. Some plays I disagreed with, but overall played well
SMB vs parivard - Definitely looking forward to see this. Highlight match for sure. Picking SMB by a hair
Jrdn vs BigBoy038 - The pride of the Netherlands! Good luck my friend
Round Six Losers Bracket Matchups
MJ
vs Hell Rayquaza11 - Going to need to be a lot better than he was vs xiri, but I believe he can do it
London13 vs (Hamhamhamham vs bdov) - No point going against him, he's still a favourite to win this
Jrsmash9 vs MiyoKa - My two time BLT teammate! Also we ran out of salt at the house, foods getting pretty bland, so this should help
Pradhaaan vs The Cheesen One - Always supporting cheese, he's a legend

Mikaav

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
bored so posting predicts

FMG vs peachycl0uds - peachy is p underrated, he has done very well so far.
Xiri vs TheFranklin - both have done decently in the tour but I feel Xiri has an edge here
SMB vs parivard - sorry parivard but i think SMB is going to win this winners bracket. Also #Sharpedos
Jrdn vs BigBoy038

MJ vs Hell Rayquaza11 - mj is just better imo but u never know when the HR1's whack teams strikes
London13 vs Hamhamhamham - ham not losing here
Jrsmash9 vs MiyoKa
Pradhaaan
vs The Cheesen One - Should be close but supporting prad here

TheFranklin

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
Lost to Xiri in 2. ggs and good luck man!
Little bit disappointed with my performance this round.
Gonna focus on getting that bingo card completed now.

lost vs MJ i really enjoyed TLT it was a hype tournament for me because it was my first ever official smogon tour i felt good,excited,fear in all the rounds i am the underdog player of TLT so i didn't really expect to win the whole thing i did well reaching top 16 out of 64 also glad to qualify out of hundreds of users it was a great experience for me thanks Natalie for hosting this tournament i owe all my pokemon who supported me in this tournament(i know they are not real)i am just giving a speech lol but anyway gl to the remaining players had lots of fun and thanks all those who supported me even though their weren't a lot so with that i am done for now have a wonderful time the players who are still in TLT gl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)